Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

wireless headphone suggstions (ps3 and tv)

The kid's room shares a wall with the best television and the ps3 would like some nice headphones for his naps and nighttime. So I tried a few internet searches but so many different results I don't even know where to begin. Looking for...

1) nice sound
2) doesn't break the bank
3) plugs into USB on PS3, assume will also work on tv/reciever but if not either an adaptor or one that does both
4) don't care at all about a microphone. Plan on playing single player games and watching tv so a microphone will probably just get in the way. (EDIT: Lots of the results had a microphone and I didn't care about that function at all and didn't know how much I was paying for that function)
5) Don't know if this is a given with any headphones but the wife can watch tv on a low volume so would like to be able to turn the headphones up and have her still be able watch tv. (Point #5 probably shows how little I know about headphones actually)

Any suggestions?

Last edited by panerd : 12-08-2013 at 12:51 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Turtle Beach is the best by a pretty wide margin IMO. The PX3 is a great wireless headset. I use it on PS3 and PS4.

PlayStation 3 Gaming Headsets - Turtle Beach, Inc.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So I'm thinking of getting some new headphones for Xmas for my PC (PS3 and Wii U compatibility would be nice too). Am I getting my money's worth if I buy a $200+ headset (such as an Astro A40 or Sennheiser PC363) or would I be just as happy if I got a headset at half the price. Is there a difference in quality to justify the difference?
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote