Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #51
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I have played a couple of games recently on superstar/hardcore and both games had good penalty totals. One game had nine and another eight, with pretty even distribution. I had all penalty sliders maxed with aggression and hitting maxed. maybe this might work until all modes are usuable....it could also just be random luck

Only problem is playing on superstar, I typically stink

SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #52
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice save i made yesterday in BAP mode as goalie.

I made a first save, the rebound went to another forward who shoot again to the other side of the net and i jumped there to stop it with my stick.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #53
Icy
Pro Starter

I love this game, only issue is low number of penalties by CPU, like 1 or 2 per game or even zero in some of them, this is with penalties maxed out in All star mode.

Last edited by Icy : 09-09-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #54
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I love this game, only issue is low number of penalties by CPU, like 1 or 2 per game or even zero in some of them, this is with penalties maxed out in All star mode.

Icy, try my settings...when I used these settings, I am averaging 6-9 penalties. This is not the answer to fix ea's problem, but might get you through until they do. Don't worry about SS being too hard since you can alter some of the other sliders to play easier if needed.

Superstar/hardcore
set time for 12 minutes
max all penalty sliders
max agression slider
max power hitting slider
penalty scaling at 2
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #55
Icy
Pro Starter

I understand that EA wants to please the casual crowd that prefers fast playing with no stoppages, it's clearly reflected in all their games, Madden, FIFA and NHL where penalties/faults are so low compared to real life.

But... that is what slider are for, if current settings are the middle point i'm fine, but at least have the slider working, so if i max it, there should be a ton of penalties. I wonder why is EA using sliders that barely affect the gameplay, imho the sliders should be more extreme at the min/max.

It's like if sliders were from 0 to 1 instead of from 0 to 100 so you barely notice anything when setting them.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #56
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
I understand that EA wants to please the casual crowd that prefers fast playing with no stoppages, it's clearly reflected in all their games, Madden, FIFA and NHL where penalties/faults are so low compared to real life.

But... that is what slider are for, if current settings are the middle point i'm fine, but at least have the slider working, so if i max it, there should be a ton of penalties. I wonder why is EA using sliders that barely affect the gameplay, imho the sliders should be more extreme at the min/max.

It's like if sliders were from 0 to 1 instead of from 0 to 100 so you barely notice anything when setting them.

That has been always the odd thing with their games. Sliders never have the impact they should. If they did, ea could then serve both the casual and hardcore players. I can't figure it out why they don't see it either.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #57
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
That has been always the odd thing with their games. Sliders never have the impact they should. If they did, ea could then serve both the casual and hardcore players. I can't figure it out why they don't see it either.

Sliders are the problem in my opinion. There should be an "arcade" and a "simulation" setting that should affect penalties, player movement, etc. Maybe a "casual" setting that simplifies the AI. That's it. Tune just those 3. Sliders are a problem in these days of tuning files, because your slider settings are obsolete whenever they release one.

Even their auto-adjust thing was a joke, because if you take a weak team and play a strong team and get crushed, it makes it easier so that when you play with the weak team you have a shot at winning. None of this takes into account skill disparity between your players and the CPU players. It's one interesting thing I've seen season-to-season in our NCAA 12 league, as my players changed the play on the field changed dramatically. That's a GOOD thing.

The real problem with difficulty, at least with the football games, is the CPU can't call plays or adjust its gameplan worth a darn at all. No amount of slider tweaking will fix it sticking with the pass to the bitter end when you've shut it down, no matter how much it gashes you when it runs...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #58
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Sliders are the problem in my opinion. There should be an "arcade" and a "simulation" setting that should affect penalties, player movement, etc. Maybe a "casual" setting that simplifies the AI. That's it. Tune just those 3. Sliders are a problem in these days of tuning files, because your slider settings are obsolete whenever they release one.

Even their auto-adjust thing was a joke, because if you take a weak team and play a strong team and get crushed, it makes it easier so that when you play with the weak team you have a shot at winning. None of this takes into account skill disparity between your players and the CPU players. It's one interesting thing I've seen season-to-season in our NCAA 12 league, as my players changed the play on the field changed dramatically. That's a GOOD thing.

The real problem with difficulty, at least with the football games, is the CPU can't call plays or adjust its gameplan worth a darn at all. No amount of slider tweaking will fix it sticking with the pass to the bitter end when you've shut it down, no matter how much it gashes you when it runs...

I agree with most of this. The first paragraph is a good idea with the current tuner system. I would still want the sliders(working ones of course) "underneath" though for individual adjustment.

I liked the "my skill" auto adjustment system and think it worked well if you used it right. I would use it with each new version to get ballpark settings. Since I know who I played, and who I played with, I could temper what I was seeing MY SKILL saying my sliders should be noting in my mind what might be wrong with the MY SKILL suggestion. After a few games I would have a good foundation to start a dynasty and would turn off MY Skill and set up my own sliders based on the My Skill suggestion. The great thing about the My Skill IMHO was it was always on in the background. You could always set the game to My Skill and compare its settings to yours at any time and then go back to your custom setup. You were never locked into using it. I wish it was still there.

Totally agree with the last paragraph. Would it really be that hard to program the game to "understand" what was and wasn't working so it could at least try to adjust?

Penalties in any sports game should have a "realistic" setting that would require no guessing.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #59
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice save i made yesterday in BAP mode as goalie.

I made a first save, the rebound went to another forward who shoot again to the other side of the net and i jumped there to stop it with my stick.
They really seem to be pushing these "reaction" saves where goalies get out of position and then have to dive back, which makes me worry that they're going to happen on every second shift.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #60
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

No posts today? I hope that means the game is so good that no one wants to step away from it to post about it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #61
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is the greatest sports game of all time.

Yes penalties need fixed, scoring a goal needs to have more of a team celebration on the ice and I saw a puck go through a player's knee Bring back the 3 stars of the game!

I'm just amazed at how great this game is, pro defaults, playing 5 minute periods, beat Tampa Bay 3-1 and lost in OT to Carolina 4-3. Scored the absolute GREATEST goal of my hockey gaming life to tie the game vs Carolina with 5 seconds left. Steen shoots one and it goes off a Carolina player's thigh, hits the ice, bounces back up and Backes back hands the puck in mid air into the goal. I made my whole family watch it over and over. This is what gaming is about!

Replays now make sense, crowd is really into it and the commentary now talks more about what's going on in the game. It's just a really well done game and quite the gaming experience.

You can also tell who's on the ice, great players play like great players, speed matters, who's in goal matters, the AI is outstanding.. I'm really in awe right now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If you're playing 5 min periods you're going to end up with an unrealistic number of penalties I think. Simply not enough time elapsed for your AI teammates or opponents to take penalties.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #63
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If you're playing 5 min periods you're going to end up with an unrealistic number of penalties I think. Simply not enough time elapsed for your AI teammates or opponents to take penalties.

Most definitely.. I'm going by purely what I've read on that matter.

Lost in a shootout against the Kings. I'm seeing so many different goals, puck just feels so loose, teams playing to their strengths, etc.. great game.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #64
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Two games in so far, playing a season (pro default 5 min).

First game: Crushed Boston 4-0. Dominated in all areas and got a little worried that the game may be too easy. 4 different players scored with only one being a slot slap shot. I love the new skating physics.

Second game: A little over confident and I lose 2-1 to the Islanders as they score with just over a minute left in the game and they held the play most of the game. Starting to see the differences in the player types now (like some players who may miss slap shots wildly which makes the snipers stand out that much more).

So far: Not one penalty in the two games. That needs addressed. I agree that the replays make more sense now. The game play is great.

Now for one major complaint. I have yet to be able to enter my game code so I can't get online. I am playing on PS3 and signed into the Playstation network. I try to go online and it brings up the end user agreement which I agree to. Then I get the screen to create an Origin account, no option for selecting an existing account. I enter the password and confirm and hit submit. It brings up the options for getting emails. I hit continue (submit?) at that point and I immediately get "Cannot access Account" and it takes me back to the main screen. Have tried this several times with the exact result. I hope it's just because the servers are getting killed and not a bigger more annoying issue.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Finally got the account created and applied my codes. Problem is that for the Stanley Cup Edition Bonuses it said to go the HUT Store and they would be there but I only have options to buy new packs. I'll look into that tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #66
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, are we going to do a league? (I'm 360)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #67
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Pro defaults (max penalties) seem fine thus far.. I'm a little afraid to move up to AS.

Probably going to bump up to 6-7 min games as shot totals are pretty close to RL on 5 minutes believe it or not.

It definitely has that "one more game" feeling to it and once the season rosters come out, it's time to dive into franchise play.

For 5 minute periods, penalties actually seem ok to me right now. This version is the most organic of any NHL game in the past, I've seen so many different goals and if you get caught pinching in, have fun trying to get back when someone like Jordan Staal shoots down the ice.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #68
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dangerous game so far. The gameplay is about the best I have seen, it gives the NBA 2K games a run for their money.

Love how each game I have seen things that I replay just to see it again, no matter how small it may seem.

Had a shot ring the post and crop just in front of the goal line. Looked at the replay and the shot hit right in the elbow where crossbar and post come together which expained how it dropped where it did.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #69
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can't wait to play some more tonight, each team so far has played just like their RL counterparts.

I just hope going to AS doesn't make the goalies super human because right now on Pro, they are about perfect. I'm just outshooting most of the teams even though I'm not winning every game.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #70
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I can't wait to play some more tonight, each team so far has played just like their RL counterparts.

I just hope going to AS doesn't make the goalies super human because right now on Pro, they are about perfect. I'm just outshooting most of the teams even though I'm not winning every game.

I wish I could really share your exitement Until they fix the penalty issue, just can't get myself into it. Its sad to say since the rest of the game is promising. I know some people might think it is petty, but special teams are crucial in hockey. Some people might be ok with 1-2 penalties on 5 minute periods, but I need something that mirros hockey at 6-7 penalties. Really hoping EA comes through.

As for skill level, I have actually tried superstar and not as bad as I thought. You might have to adjust some of the CPU skill sliders, but I had some really good games on there and won most of mine.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #71
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I'm used to NCAA and Madden

Try 10 minute periods to see if you get more? They do need increased, but for me, I'm fine with a couple a game. It is odd though, I'm like 5-6 on the PP right now - I've never been that good.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wish I could really share your exitement Until they fix the penalty issue, just can't get myself into it. Its sad to say since the rest of the game is promising. I know some people might think it is petty, but special teams are crucial in hockey. Some people might be ok with 1-2 penalties on 5 minute periods, but I need something that mirros hockey at 6-7 penalties. Really hoping EA comes through.

As for skill level, I have actually tried superstar and not as bad as I thought. You might have to adjust some of the CPU skill sliders, but I had some really good games on there and won most of mine.

You want 6-7 penalties in 5 minute periods? Never going to happen. Imagine how broken-up the game would be - the gameplay would be horrible.

If you're scaling down the length of the period you should scale down your expectation of penalties porportionately.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #73
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Maybe I'm used to NCAA and Madden

Try 10 minute periods to see if you get more? They do need increased, but for me, I'm fine with a couple a game. It is odd though, I'm like 5-6 on the PP right now - I've never been that good.

Too funny I am actually playing on 12 minutes right now and still don't see enough, especially on pro. I am lucky if I see 2 a game. In superstar mode with aggression and hit power totally jacked up, I do on occassion see the right number of penalties called. Just not very consistent.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #74
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You want 6-7 penalties in 5 minute periods? Never going to happen. Imagine how broken-up the game would be - the gameplay would be horrible.

If you're scaling down the length of the period you should scale down your expectation of penalties porportionately.

I don't recall I ever saying I played on 5 minute periods, I actually don't since that is way too short for me. I typically play on 10-12 minute periods. The penalty scaling feature evens it up anyways so I do believe the game should adjust penalties to the length you play. At 10-12 minutes and the use of the scaling feature, I do expect to see the NHL average for penalties. In addition, that is the purpose of having the penalty sliders so we all can choose how we want to play our games. If some people don't want a lot, that is fine, turn down the slider. If I want something realistic I should be able to increase the slider. But of course EA can't figure out how to make that work so that is not possible right now.

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 09-12-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Too funny I am actually playing on 12 minutes right now and still don't see enough, especially on pro. I am lucky if I see 2 a game. In superstar mode with aggression and hit power totally jacked up, I do on occassion see the right number of penalties called. Just not very consistent.

Well, I'm sure they are well aware of it and hopefully a tuner fixes it like they have hinted to.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #76
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

There was a total of 4 penalties last game, 7 minute periods. One of them was a major. Seems within the realm to me.

The average shots per game last year was about 29, so I think 8 minute games should be about perfect. I had 21 and NJ had 27 with 7 minute periods.

I beat the Jets 4-1 and NJ kicked my butt 4-1, so Pro has been a great mix of scores.

This game is freaking awesome.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #77
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I don't really like penalties, I'd like a simulation of what if the guy didn't cheat and there was no holding.

Now if they have guys in football for instance get past a OL and he hooks them than that should be a penalty but I never see that in madden. In NHL I have tripped people and that's obviously a penalty and I always get called for it.

It seems like guys want to get called for holding calls. Like have the computer programed to hold and sometimes it gets called and sometimes not. I don't like having the program programmed to cheat....... Probably buy this game as MizzouRah hasn't misguided me yet. Thanks for letting me know how awesome the game is, hopefully.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 09-13-2012 at 12:00 AM.
TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #78
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I don't really like penalties, I'd like a simulation of what if the guy didn't cheat and there was no holding.

Now if they have guys in football for instance get past a OL and he hooks them than that should be a penalty but I never see that in madden. In NHL I have tripped people and that's obviously a penalty and I always get called for it.

It seems like guys want to get called for holding calls. Like have the computer programed to hold and sometimes it gets called and sometimes not. I don't like having the program programmed to cheat....... Probably buy this game as MizzouRah hasn't misguided me yet. Thanks for letting me know how awesome the game is, hopefully.

And that is why the game has penalty sliders so people who don't want them could play that way while people who want a realistic experience could have them called like in real life. Problem is the sliders don't work. Personally I could never play it without penalties since special teams in hockey is a critical part of the game. I am not disputing the rest of the game seems good, just in my opinion ea dropped the ball in penalties which is a major part of real life hockey. If you don't want penalties, then this game is perfect for you
Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #79
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
And that is why the game has penalty sliders so people who don't want them could play that way while people who want a realistic experience could have them called like in real life. Problem is the sliders don't work. Personally I could never play it without penalties since special teams in hockey is a critical part of the game. I am not disputing the rest of the game seems good, just in my opinion ea dropped the ball in penalties which is a major part of real life hockey. If you don't want penalties, then this game is perfect for you

If I trip a guy because he has an advantage but not a break away than penalty should be called. It's not as big of a problem in football as penalty minutes makes game more exciting and a big part of it, but unless you don't get called for obvious penalties which are pretty easy to avoid, it wouldn't distract me from buying the game. The 5 on 5 is the key part to me. To program the cpu to hold, trip, and commit more penalties I think would be extremely hard to balance and not effect game play. Guess I just accepted average game play in the last few years as I've purchased less and less.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #80
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Played my first game last night on pro and was down 10-0 against the Penguins after 2 periods. NHL 13 is definitely a "new" game.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #81
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It is a new game and once you learn how to skate, the game really opens up as to what you can do.

Player separation is huge, when my top line is out there, they can make magic happen.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #82
samifan24
Pro Starter

Has anyone else experienced intermittent buzzing during audio of games? I can hear buzzing during play-by-play and even as I navigate though pause screens when when I pause the game and do nothing it goes away. It's not my TV, either. I think I'm going to swap out my copy for a new one.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #83
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thought I heard something odd while navigating menus last night. Had the sound down at that point but something sounded off, like a possible buzzing like static.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #84
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Any good deals to be had on this for XBox? I don't play video games at all anymore (a few months back, I fired up NHL 10 for a couple game), but this has me intrigued. Hard to justify the $60+ though.

For anyone who didn't take advantage of the $15 off future Amazon purchases with the pre-order, it's down to $49.99 on there.

I ended up using a gift card and hope to have it soon.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #85
Mota
College Benchwarmer

So far NHL 13 is a big hit in our household!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #86
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Holy ****, after a 2-1 start in my first season mode game I have dropped the last 3 by a 12-1 combined score. Just when I thought I was doing okay I suddenly suck.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #87
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Holy ****, after a 2-1 start in my first season mode game I have dropped the last 3 by a 12-1 combined score. Just when I thought I was doing okay I suddenly suck.
Is that the new "IQ" feature kicking in? (i.e. where the AI is supposed to figure out how you play and adjust to it?)
Old 09-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #88
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
For anyone who didn't take advantage of the $15 off future Amazon purchases with the pre-order, it's down to $49.99 on there.

I ended up using a gift card and hope to have it soon.

All right you rat-bastards Should have known to stay out of this thread but just had to take a look. Just placed my order with Amazon because of this post(seriously Logan thanks for the heads-up). Not bad though with a $15 Amazon credit I already had $34.99 and free Prime 2 day shipping.

Didn't get 12 but played a lot of nhl11 and had a great time. Anyone know if the huge sound pack from there will work in v13? I read a bit on OS and it sounded like they did some in game reverb that may require using the new sound packs? Any help here appreciated as the sound packs I used for v10 and v11 rocked my game room
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #89
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

We bitch a lot about EA and with good reason. Well then lets give them some credit when they try to fix an issue. Interesting thread and poll by an EA employee regarding penalties in offline play at OS..
Offline Penalties - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums

Also note a new 1.04 patch put out and according to the EA developer that posted the poll already is using some of the tweaks he's been testing.
New Tuner Update 1.04 - Operation Sports Forums

Quote:

Tuner 1.04
All Modes

Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
Pokecheck less effective in HUT
Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

Increase penalty calls across the board
Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
Increase likelihood of interference being called
Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

The developer states...
Quote:
Re: Offline Penalties
Changes should be up soon (actually they probably are already). We decided to hold back on some what I was looking at pending further testing, but there should be some improvement. Feedback on results will be helpful and we are still looking at this. The idea was to get a first pass out fairly quickly with the more straightforward things and assess how much more might need to be done after that.

Single game results will have a lot of variance so the ideal feedback would be penalty totals on a batch of games.

Redshirt_EA started the thread and poll and has been actively seeking feedback there to try to improve the penalties in offline play. It would be nice if this actually became the norm for EA.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #90
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Very nice!!! Off to play some now!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #91
Logan
Head Coach

It's been a while since I've played these games. Do the updates take effect with your current saved games?

BTW I love this fuckin game.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #92
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes, tuners always apply to your saved games.

Lost 5-4 on AS difficulty, 8 minute periods. Had 5 penalties total, seemed about perfect to me.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #93
BYU 14
Coordinator

Picked this up yesterday, any of the veterans here have any tips for playing defense?

I can move the puck and get a fair number of shots off, but often whiff badly on checks leading to too many chances. Is it better to stay in front of skaters and poke check?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #94
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Hold the left trigger when skating backward to keep facing the player. And don't play defense like me.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #95
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

On x360, right bumper to poke check and in order to cut, you have to let up on the stick to "glide" first. The new skating engine takes a bit to get used to.

If you go over to the OS forums, there is also an opening day roster set for x360, which is fantastic.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-23-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #96
dave731
High School JV

For those with the game, I have a quick question...in Online Co-op for franchise mode, does it play with the BAP camera or the overhead camera? A buddy of mine and I are thinking about picking it up and he wants to play goalie but only if it is the camera from the BAP series which makes sense. I haven't played since NHL 09 so I don't know how much has changed of late.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #97
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
On x360, right bumper to poke check and in order to cut, you have to let up on the stick to "glide" first. The new skating engine takes a bit to get used to.

If you go over to the OS forums, there is also an opening day roster set for x360, which is fantastic.

I do love the physics, but yeah, definite learning curve. I am having a hard time with the finesse part (gliding) Still, in my third exhibition game I only lost 5-3

Will have to snag those rosters, thanks for the heads up!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #98
Logan
Head Coach

I feel very stupid to need to ask this. I'm playing in the Be a GM mode and I traded for Yakupov. Cost me a shit ton. But now he's nowhere to be found on my roster. On the NHL/AHL moves screen, he's not there. I can see him on my "contract" screen if I toggle from "major roster" (or whatever it's called) to "in the system". I'm guessing I need to do something else, sign him to a different deal or something, in order to get him on my roster so I can play with him. There's some kind of icon next to his name but despite having a 46" LED and great vision, I have no idea what it says or means.

Any help guys?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #99
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So is it worth the purchase or not?

I might be up to getting a new game and trading in all my crap games I have on the shelf I don't play anymore.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #100
Jon
High School Varsity

I love this game but am having a hard time finding sliders that make me happy.

Anybody have a good/realistic slider set on PS3?

Thanks in advance!
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote