Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #201
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Can Clemson turn the ball over on more plays. 3 straight touches for turnovers

Its absolutely ridiculous.

To be honest take away the turnovers and Clemson played a great game. SC has 21 points off turnovers tonight.

But you cant just take away the turnovers.

Tajh Boyd is a great young man who leaves a strange legacy. Many records, crazy stats, NEVER got it done against SC and more times than not gagged in the big game.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #202
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
My earliest memory of football was listening on the radio (the NFL blacked out home games then) to the Pat Summerall FG in the snow against the Browns. to get to the iconic OT game against the Colts.

But this one, and on the heels of the tipped pass TD over loathsome Georgia, well--"can you top this?" time it surely is.

If you are an Auburn fan, it can't possibly get any better, can it?

My earliest memory was, incidentally, was watching OJ run for USC.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #203
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
My earliest memory was, incidentally, was watching OJ run for USC.

I feel old, then I listen to you two talk to feel young again.

To make you feel really old: one of my earliest football memories was watching OJ in one of his last games running for the 49ers.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #204
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Oh... Clemson its not like getting two ACC teams in the BCS was important or nothing.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Oh... Clemson its not like getting two ACC teams in the BCS was important or nothing.

Go Duke !

Old 11-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #206
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Seth Emerson@SethEmerson 13s Back in July at SEC media days, neither Missouri nor Auburn received a vote to win the SEC championship, or even their division.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The scene tonight at Toomer's Corner
Old 11-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #208
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

MIZZOU baby!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
MIZZOU baby!

Happy for you! Enjoy and hope your team wins next week
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #210
Izulde
Head Coach

I hate UNLVs shankasaurus kicker but Davis is an awesome WR

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #211
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

Aren't you happy for me
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #212
Izulde
Head Coach

Davis with his third TD reception of the night. UNLV up 21-7. Hope we can keep it up to win and impress the bowls.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #213
ColtCrazy
College Starter

From someone that hasn't watched a lot of Manziel till tonight, is he all hype? Mizzou did a good job against him but he never really showed anything tonight.

Great games today. Auburn's win was unreal. All my wife's family was over for a late Thanksgiving and the crowd of 20+ were just stunned at what they saw. I'm happy to (hopefully) see someone other than Bama in the title game.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #214
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
From someone that hasn't watched a lot of Manziel till tonight, is he all hype? Mizzou did a good job against him but he never really showed anything tonight.

He's hurt. Alot more than anyone thought I guess. All he was playing on the last 2 games was guts. F you chuck barkley
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #215
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thrilled to see Mizzou going to the SEC Championship. Saw the first early line was Mizzou -3.5. We'll have to see what happens there as the week progresses.

I like how everyone is asking if the SEC champ will jump over either undefeated team when they win. This just in......

1. After this week, never assume that either of those teams are guaranteed to win.

2. If FSU's QB gets charged this week or even if there's hints it may happen, we could see the voters swing to the SEC champ based on that alone even if FSU wins their conference championship.

Lots of stuff still to happen. Damn shame that we don't have the 4 team playoff this year, but that's the way it goes.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #216
Dutch
"Dutch"

This didn't take long.

From Twitter: "If only Bama had Mike Tomlin."
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #217
Kodos
Resident Alien

Disappointed in Michigan not getting the 2 point conversion, but overall, love the results today. Alabama loses, Wisconsin loses, IU spanks Purdue. Nice!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #218
Izulde
Head Coach

Bar the opening drive, I think that's the best I've ever seen UNLV's defense play. 45-19 whipping of San Diego State and I think it's safe to say the Rebels are going bowling! What a fantastic game by Devante Davis and Caleb Herring, too.

Edit: Well, not entirely safe. UNLV does have a low following because of Sam Boyd's crappy stadium and location, and I think some bowls will be afraid UNLV won't travel well.

Last edited by Izulde : 12-01-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #219
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
(Manziel)'s hurt. Alot more than anyone thought I guess. All he was playing on the last 2 games was guts.
I think Mike Evans helps him out a ton, but I actually agree there. He's been 75% at best since at least the Auburn game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I'm searching. I've seen some amazing endings (the Broncos blocking two SD field goals in a row, the second after a late time out and ran back for a game winning TD, the miracle at the big house with Kordell and Westbrook, a bunch of things like those two. . . ) An ending like this? In a rivalry game with everything at stake? I think that's the best game I have ever seen. Amazing.
That weird little Nick Marshall 40-yard flick to tie the game with less than a minute left to tie the game was one of the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen... and 2 minutes later it's completely forgotten forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Thrilled to see Mizzou going to the SEC Championship. Saw the first early line was Mizzou -3.5. We'll have to see what happens there as the week progresses.

I like how everyone is asking if the SEC champ will jump over either undefeated team when they win. This just in......

1. After this week, never assume that either of those teams are guaranteed to win.

2. If FSU's QB gets charged this week or even if there's hints it may happen, we could see the voters swing to the SEC champ based on that alone even if FSU wins their conference championship.

Lots of stuff still to happen. Damn shame that we don't have the 4 team playoff this year, but that's the way it goes.
If anyone is giving Mizzou more than a FG I would jump on that.

Jameis Winston's case doesn't matter. If FSU wins, they are (and deserve to be) in the title game. Now, undefeated Ohio State vs. 1-loss Auburn/Mizzou/Alabama(/Oklahoma State)... things get interesting. Not trying to troll, but I think Auburn (with the win over Mizzou) or Alabama (if it weren't for the pesky fact they lost head to head to one of the other teams) could jump Ohio State. I can't see Mizzou doing it without their own win over Alabama.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #220
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
That weird little Nick Marshall 40-yard flick to tie the game with less than a minute left to tie the game was one of the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen... and 2 minutes later it's completely forgotten forever.

Speaking of forgotten ... how about the 99 yard TD pass for Bama?

Quote:
Jameis Winston's case doesn't matter. If FSU wins, they are (and deserve to be) in the title game. Now, undefeated Ohio State vs. 1-loss Auburn/Mizzou/Alabama(/Oklahoma State)... things get interesting. Not trying to troll, but I think Auburn (with the win over Mizzou) or Alabama (if it weren't for the pesky fact they lost head to head to one of the other teams) could jump Ohio State.

Very much this, unless it's absolutely clear & certain that Winston is out AND tOSU is still unbeaten. Then there's at least a chance of voters getting weird. I'm not sure how I'd rank 'em at that point myself but I'm probably inclined to go with FSU (although possibly as #2 instead of #1).
Old 12-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #221
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Speaking of forgotten ... how about the 99 yard TD pass for Bama?
Yeah, literally didn't even think to mention the 99 yard td pass in the 4th quarter of a tie game between 2 top 4 teams.
Quote:
Very much this, unless it's absolutely clear & certain that Winston is out AND tOSU is still unbeaten. Then there's at least a chance of voters getting weird. I'm not sure how I'd rank 'em at that point myself but I'm probably inclined to go with FSU (although possibly as #2 instead of #1).
I'm just gonna ignore whether alleged rape and legal proceedings should matter, and say it won't. Some voters may get weird, but most won't and the others won't swing towards any one team, so with the computers still easily having FSU #1 their spot is locked up.

As crazy as things can be, I'm confident in FSU over Duke, so unless Michigan State wins, it's coming down to an undefeated Ohio State vs. a 1-loss SEC team(s). Or in the case of Mizzou/Michigan State wins, 1-loss Mizzou vs. 1-loss Alabama.

Lastly, I've had a disagreement with Rainmaker over the past 5+ years about the college system, and I think Auburn's season is a strong argument in my favor. The New England Patriots have lost 2 heartbreaking games, won at least 2 thrillers, and none of them really moved the needle after the next week. Compare that to Auburn's season with 2 huge last minute wins (back on Sept. 14 did you think this would be one of the biggest plays of the season? - Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers - Video - September 14, 2013 - ESPN ) and then the 2 most ridiculous back to back wins ever. If that's an NFL team, who cares? You're still waiting for the playoffs. In this case, it's been playoffs for every close game.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I realize tOSU hasn't played anyone with much of a pulse, but they haven't lost a game in 2 years. If a 1 loss SEC team jumps them it would be a travesty.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #223
miked
College Starter

^^This. I know the SEC is so hard to resist, but if there are 2 undefeated teams, they are playing for the title*

*Except NIU.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #224
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love the home videos Sportscenter is showing from people reacting at home to the end of the game. I could watch them all day.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #225
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I heard a stat today that was amazing.
Im not totally sure the exact number nut something like..
in the past 3 years Saban is 31-1 in games played in August, September and October but 7-5 in games played in November

9-3. Saban was 10-6 up through 2010 with four losses coming in year one.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #226
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

FWIW, looks like Clemson Bama in the Orange if things go aas expected next week.

I want NO part of that right now, but thats what bowl officials are telling Clemson folks
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #227
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
9-3. Saban was 10-6 up through 2010 with four losses coming in year one.

in 2010 Bama was 2-2 with losses to LSU and Auburn
2011 3-1 with loss to LSU
2012 3-1 with loss to A&M
2013 3-1 with loss to Auburn

So I guess 11-5 is the record in November (which would make sense as a mis hear 7 and 11)

And 31-1 prior to November (7-1 2010, 8-0 11,12,13)
Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #228
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not the blog I started out to write this morning, but perhaps of interest to both long-time Tech fans as well as those who might remember some names from the late 70s.

Nothing’s New | Jon's Three Cents
Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #229
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

Thanks buddy! Should be a good game for sure.. I'm wondering if that SC game is going to come back and haunt us?

You really have to respect teams like Bama that can get to the NC as much as they do.. it's a bitch to make an undefeated run in college football.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #230
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

NIU @ #2 in any CPU poll is beyond silly.

Sagarin has FSU #1, NIU 2 and OSU #3. Auburn @ 6 and Bama 7.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #231
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
NIU @ #2 in any CPU poll is beyond silly.

Sagarin has FSU #1, NIU 2 and OSU #3. Auburn @ 6 and Bama 7.
Not like you can blame Sagarin for that one. He has NIU 49th in his real rankings, 23 behind North Dakota State and 11 behind Eastern Illinois (who they did beat in possibly their best win). Fwiw, Ohio State drops to 9th and South Carolina to 14th in those as well.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

AP poll is out, FSU/Ohio St/Auburn/Bama/Mizzou the top 5.
Notable perhaps, FSU has 58 #1 votes, Auburn has the other 2 #1 votes, zero for Ohio State.

2013 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 15 - ESPN
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #233
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Jameis Winston's case doesn't matter. If FSU wins, they are (and deserve to be) in the title game. Now, undefeated Ohio State vs. 1-loss Auburn/Mizzou/Alabama(/Oklahoma State)... things get interesting. Not trying to troll, but I think Auburn (with the win over Mizzou) or Alabama (if it weren't for the pesky fact they lost head to head to one of the other teams) could jump Ohio State. I can't see Mizzou doing it without their own win over Alabama.

If Winston was indicted this week, I guarantee one of the SEC teams would pass them regardless of result. From what I've seen, it likely won't happen this week, so it probably doesn't matter. With that said, I hope it doesn't happen because if FSU makes the game and he's out for it, it makes a travesty of the NC game.

As for Mizzou, it doesn't really matter at this point. Just go out and win a SEC championship and the rest will take care of itself.

I don't see any way Alabama makes the NC game at this point. Voters won't allow that. Their strength of schedule is 20 spots worse than Mizzou or Auburn.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #234
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't see any way Alabama makes the NC game at this point. Voters won't allow that. Their strength of schedule is 20 spots worse than Mizzou or Auburn.

RealTimeRPI.com - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet - College Football Ratings

Eh, if FSU remains #1, Auburn loses to Mizzou, Ohio State loses to Michigan ... yeah, I think Bama could very well end up #2 in both human polls. Not sure what the computers do with that scenario however, the human polls might not be what decides the opponent for FSU.

Tell you what could get even more interesting though ... Mizzou wins, everybody else (including FSU loses) ... might just get Mizzou & Bama.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #235
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
If Winston was indicted this week, I guarantee one of the SEC teams would pass them regardless of result. From what I've seen, it likely won't happen this week, so it probably doesn't matter.

Way to make a bold prediction, that fence must really be hurting your balls.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #236
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Way to make a bold prediction, that fence must really be hurting your balls.

Most people would agree. That's not really that controversial. What's really going to suck is when he gets indicted after the NC matchup is decided, which is very likely to happen. It's going to make for a tainted championship at best. And this is coming from a fan who's team could face FSU with a SEC championship win and an OSU loss.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #237
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Again.. if Missouri just would have beaten SC.. sigh...

Would be very interesting if Mich St. beats Ohio St and Mizzou beats Auburn. I think we would leapfrog Alabama, Ohio St. and of course Auburn... but what JIMGA said could happen too with Bama edging us out.

That's a lot of "what ifs" though..

My gut says Ohio St. wins and we all know FSU will blow out Duke.. I just want Mizzou to take care of Auburn and then get to the Sugar bowl, that in itself would be fantastic!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #238
bob
College Starter

We'll never know, but I wonder how / if the votes would be different if Auburn didn't win on two crazy plays, but instead on a "normal" last minute drive against UGA and then in OT vs Alabama.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #239
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Not the blog I started out to write this morning, but perhaps of interest to both long-time Tech fans as well as those who might remember some names from the late 70s.

Nothing’s New | Jon's Three Cents

Interesting write up - i wasn't a GT fan until I started going there in '97 (beat UGA in 3 of my 5 falls on campus), so the historical similarities aren't there for me. That being said, yesterday was the first time my 6 year old daughter watched a game with me, and it was sad realizing the lifetime of disappointment my guidance will lead her down.

But at least Alabama lost.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #240
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I realize tOSU hasn't played anyone with much of a pulse, but they haven't lost a game in 2 years. If a 1 loss SEC team jumps them it would be a travesty.

I also note that Auburn has had close games against Washington State, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Georgia and Alabama (and needed miracle finishes to win the last two). They got dominated in their loss to LSU. If they leapfrog an Ohio State team that hasn't lost a game in two years, it would indeed be a travesty.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #241
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Again.. if Missouri just would have beaten SC.. sigh...

Would be very interesting if Mich St. beats Ohio St and Mizzou beats Auburn. I think we would leapfrog Alabama, Ohio St. and of course Auburn... but what JIMGA said could happen too with Bama edging us out.

That's a lot of "what ifs" though..

My gut says Ohio St. wins and we all know FSU will blow out Duke.. I just want Mizzou to take care of Auburn and then get to the Sugar bowl, that in itself would be fantastic!

Best thing Mizzou can do is just go out and perform well. If Mizzou puts a 14 point or more win on Auburn, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #242
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

With apologies to any Bama fans, this one made me laugh

Old 12-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #243
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Eh, if FSU remains #1, Auburn loses to Mizzou, Ohio State loses to Michigan ... yeah, I think Bama could very well end up #2 in both human polls. Not sure what the computers do with that scenario however, the human polls might not be what decides the opponent for FSU.

Tell you what could get even more interesting though ... Mizzou wins, everybody else (including FSU loses) ... might just get Mizzou & Bama.

I cant think of a matchup that would piss more people off especially in a year most think the SEC is down a bit from prior years.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #244
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

And just to add a bit if you want a conspiracy theory, don't forget that Gary Pinkel put Alabama ahead of Okie State as Mizzou was leaving the conference in 2011 in the final coaches poll. It'll be interesting to see where any B12 coaches put Mizzou in their final poll if they win the SEC Championship.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #245
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
If Winston was indicted this week, I guarantee one of the SEC teams would pass them regardless of result.

Sorry, but no. FSU is a complete team and will do just fine without Winston. Assuming the inevitable Duke blowout, any idiot voter that screws the team over because of an indictment should lose their voting privileges.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #246
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

A bigger gap in the Harris poll between OSU and Auburn than in the Coaches Poll. Now time to see where the CPU polls all fall. Considering each team plays a highly ranked team next week I doubt there will be much change in the CPU polls next week... so it's going to be by style points to change over any human voters after next week. If we see a 13-10 OSU win vs an Auburn 30-7 type win.... that would surely change a few voters minds... right?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #247
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
A bigger gap in the Harris poll between OSU and Auburn than in the Coaches Poll. Now time to see where the CPU polls all fall. Considering each team plays a highly ranked team next week I doubt there will be much change in the CPU polls next week... so it's going to be by style points to change over any human voters after next week. If we see a 13-10 OSU win vs an Auburn 30-7 type win.... that would surely change a few voters minds... right?

Agreed. If Auburn won big as an underdog, that would certainly turn a few heads.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #248
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Sorry, but no. FSU is a complete team and will do just fine without Winston. Assuming the inevitable Duke blowout, any idiot voter that screws the team over because of an indictment should lose their voting privileges.

I agree. It would make the system a complete joke unless Florida State actually did something wrong. At this point Florida State is following the rules of "innocent until proven guilty" unless I am missing something?

I would speculate FSU probably feels he is innocent otherwise he wouldnt be playing.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-01-2013 at 02:39 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #249
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

While we are making crazy ass statements...
From what Ive seen, Id bet FSU WITHOUT JW over Auburn and Mizzou.

I still want to see FSU Bama as I think they are the two best teams in the country but it wont happen this year.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #250
Izulde
Head Coach

Reading these bowl projections this morning is looking pretty grim. Lot of places have UNLV getting shut out of a bowl despite 7 wins and crushing the Aztecs this weekend.

I mean, I get it... UNLV's sucked a long time and the home ticket sales aren't great, but the sales suck because Sam Boyd is a complete dump of a stadium and like 20-30 minutes away from campus, and that's with driving.

...Doesn't make it suck any less though if we do get blocked out.

Last edited by Izulde : 12-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.