Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Radii
Head Coach

2011 Top Gun Game A SCORING Thread

Spreadsheet is here:

Welcome to Google Docs

Let me know if you can't view that. Scores will be updated here throughout the tournament as well.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Got all 4 thru, even though Kentucky and Butler barely won.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

I have 2/2 eliminated so far, ugh. I need to go 4/4 tomorrow to stay alive.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

updated. We really suck at this. 5 of us lost 2 players today.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

lathum and wade got 3 through today, steve 4. Going into the draft I was convinced Jimmer should be the #1 pick. I talked myself out of it when my pick came up. I'm now wondering what the hell I was thinking. 2 games from Jimmer will equal at least 3 games from anyone else and 4 from most. If BYU wins Saturday Jimmer is the Steph Curry of this tournament.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah, I'm never good at this game. So no real shock. I was proud of myself for managing to pick guys who actually scored and ending the first day in such a good position. I've easily beaten my past records at this, so...whatever happens, I'm cool.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
lathum and wade got 3 through today, steve 4. Going into the draft I was convinced Jimmer should be the #1 pick. I talked myself out of it when my pick came up. I'm now wondering what the hell I was thinking. 2 games from Jimmer will equal at least 3 games from anyone else and 4 from most. If BYU wins Saturday Jimmer is the Steph Curry of this tournament.

You missed one - Kawhi Leanard (SDSU) - 21 pts.

So, I got lucky and got 4 through. Feeling pretty good. Any time you can get your 10+ through AND get 25 points out of him, you have to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Noticed also:

Sublime 2 - Ramone Moore - 23 - Eliminated

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

updated!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

stevew looks dangerous with Jimmer on his squad and 4 advancing today - ESPECIALLY if Irving ends up playing as well as Coach K hopes.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 03-18-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was a basket away from losing three players yesterday. have to get Kentucky and BYU thru.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Just was looking through the A groups scores, Chief has Taylor Battle of Penn State, who is also eliminated.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #13
kingfc22
Head Coach

Meh. St. Johns was my sleeper team so to see them get knocked out early hurts my chances.

Need all 3 of my guys to get through, most notably need a Marquette win.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

I was just looking and realizing that Richmond gets to play Morehead St. in the next round.

That could bode well for me.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Just was looking through the A groups scores, Chief has Taylor Battle of Penn State, who is also eliminated.

Yup, saw that, too. Bummer as well, I really thought I had a good pick there. So close!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Seriously I was wondering what everyone in front of me was thinking there. Though I can easily see going who was drafted as well.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Seriously I was wondering what everyone in front of me was thinking there. Though I can easily see going who was drafted as well.

I like to take guys off teams I think have a better chance of advancing. The way BYU has played of late I though BYU was going out in the second round.

Obviously if BYU makes the final 4 Jimmer is the obvious choice.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #18
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I actually thought Sullinger would be the #1 pick.

Risk reward pick is certainly Jimmer. The problem with him was so many question marks regarding the loss of a key player and how far they will actually get.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I actually thought Sullinger would be the #1 pick.

Risk reward pick is certainly Jimmer. The problem with him was so many question marks regarding the loss of a key player and how far they will actually get.

My thinking now is that the only way Jimmer doesn't justify the first pick is if BYU lost in round one. A 2nd round exit by BYU is almost certainly going to net Jimmer as many points as an Elite 8 exit by Sullinger. If BYU makes the sweet 16 Jimmer probably scores about as many as anyone who goes out in the final four and many guys who might play in all 6 games who got taken. I talked myself out of him while I was making my pick and regretted doing so by the end of the first round(ie. This isn't just a reaction to seeing the 11/6 upset increasing the likelyhood of a sweet 16).
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

So, um, I'm doing ok.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You think? Hahah...you could blow this thing open over the weekend depending on how your guys do. Still, the top of the standings are pretty close. You have a nice advantage though and look to be sitting in a good position.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #22
Danny
Head Coach

I'm done, terrible showing from my team lol
Old 03-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #23
Radii
Head Coach

scores are updated, and its incredibly close though clearly Wade is in a great position.

Wade has 110 and 6 left. I have 109, 4 left. Sublime 2 107, 4 left. Chief Rum 104, 5 left. Dark Cloud 103, 4 left. Lathum is in the weird position of having really crappy scores, just 68 total, but having all 6 players left.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

as i said in the other thread, i made a lot of mistakes last night, so double check your scores! I did most of this much earlier in the night when I was a lot more coherent though.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is the first time playing this game for me that I didn't finish last, so really, no matter what happens I've already surpassed my own expectations. Heh.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, I definitely haven't won yet - but I'm in a good spot and doing better than years past.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #27
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
as i said in the other thread, i made a lot of mistakes last night, so double check your scores! I did most of this much earlier in the night when I was a lot more coherent though.

You have Ramone Moore as eliminated but Temple is still kickin, for now.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #28
kingfc22
Head Coach

Missing my two first two picks has doomed me from the start. We'll see if my 3 guys can make a run at it, but not likely.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Cant complain about getting 26 Pts out of my 10+. But I was thinking that Georgia could have won last night which sucks.

Need the Kentucky dudes to step it up. They averaged 33 ppg in the regular season and finished with 12.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
You have Ramone Moore as eliminated but Temple is still kickin, for now.

fixed!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The end of this Kentucky/WVU game was awesome for me. Stream of Jones/knight free throws at the end.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #32
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
The end of this Kentucky/WVU game was awesome for me. Stream of Jones/knight free throws at the end.

yah I was rooting pretty hard for WVU there to get your two kentucky guys out, ah well!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #33
Radii
Head Coach

updated through yesterday. After yesterday we may be down to wade and steve in the running.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
wade moore
lolzcat

Friggin' Jimmer...

Quote:
Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #35
Radii
Head Coach

scores updated w/ just a couple games left today
Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #36
Radii
Head Coach

scores updated.

Wade: 212 points, Leonard (SDSU), Zeller (UNC), Boynton (Florida), Anderson (richmond), Taylor (Kansas)

stevew: 202 points, Jimmer (byu), Knight (kentucky), Jones (Kentucky), Irving (Duke), Howard (Butler)
Old 03-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

I think I will set the record for lowest score by a team. Not sure I could have scored lower if I had been trying
Old 03-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #38
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
scores updated.

Wade: 212 points, Leonard (SDSU), Zeller (UNC), Boynton (Florida), Anderson (richmond), Taylor (Kansas)

stevew: 202 points, Jimmer (byu), Knight (kentucky), Jones (Kentucky), Irving (Duke), Howard (Butler)

Now things get interesting..

Duke (steve) vs. SDSU (me)
BYU (steve) vs. Florida (me)

Those two games become pretty critical. I would think for me the biggest thing is to root for a BYU loss and there goes a big chunk of stevew's scoring. As long as Jimmer is alive, steve has a great shot of winning this thing.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #39
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
scores updated.

Certainly it is looking very good for these two teams but Im not willing to hand over this contest yet. Part of my strategy had Kansas and Ohio State in the Nat'l Championship game.

Plus Im not sure if either one of these two will have more than 1 final four player.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #40
Radii
Head Coach

updted:

stevew 299 points ; 3 left (Knight & Jones, Kentucky;Howard, Butler)
wade moore 285 points ; 3 left (Zeller UNC, Boynton Florida, Taylor Kansas)

If Kentucky and Florida win this weekend this one still goes down to the Final Four or Finals.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #41
wade moore
lolzcat

Even if UNC beats Kentucky, if his Kentucky guys play well he may be able to get himself enough separation.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #42
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Even if UNC beats Kentucky, if his Kentucky guys play well he may be able to get himself enough separation.

The UNC/Kentucky game will probably decide this thing.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #43
wade moore
lolzcat

Ugh, idano.. with Butler going through, things are looking REAL good for you.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

Steve 313, Wade 302. Both have two guys going tomorrow, Steve advanced Matt Howard while Wade lost Boynton today. Odds are still that UNc/Kentucky decides it though.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #45
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Steve 313, Wade 302. Both have two guys going tomorrow, Steve advanced Matt Howard while Wade lost Boynton today. Odds are still that UNc/Kentucky decides it though.
Go Heels!

Quote:
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 AM   #46
Radii
Head Coach

stevew is going to run away with this in insane fashion. Updated. Steve is ahead of wade heading into the final four with 3 guys left.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #47
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Easily this is the sum total of a ton of lucky bounces. I can cross winning this off of my bucket list.

Good thing Wade didn't follow his gut on the VCU guy. I'm glad I trusted mine on Butler. This is probably the ultimate difference I think. But there was basically no way tojustify taking a VCU guy under the current rules.

Last edited by stevew : 03-28-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #48
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Easily this is the sum total of a ton of lucky bounces. I can cross winning this off of my bucket list.

Good thing Wade didn't follow his gut on the VCU guy. I'm glad I trusted mine on Butler. This is probably the ultimate difference I think. But there was basically no way tojustify taking a VCU guy under the current rules.

Yeah. Although, I'd have to look, I'm not sure that so far it would be THAT different. The Richmond guy had a couple of big games, Skeen has been somewhat quiet.

Quote: