Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #101
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
In GIANT letters. YOU HAVE BEEN SACKED!!

Talk about depressing.

You want to talk about depressing? Try getting one of your Formula One drivers killed. Not just in a crash, not just injured, not just forced to retire. DEAD.

This happened to me a couple of times in Grand Prix Wizard, which I played some back in the days before Microsoft killed off DOS.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #102
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu Blue View Post
You want to talk about depressing? Try getting one of your Formula One drivers killed. Not just in a crash, not just injured, not just forced to retire. DEAD.

This happened to me a couple of times in Grand Prix Wizard, which I played some back in the days before Microsoft killed off DOS.

Heh. I know I can't be the only one that loved it when you threw the Javelin too high in Track & Field and impaled a spectator.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #103
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
In GIANT letters. YOU HAVE BEEN SACKED!!

Talk about depressing.

damn, there was a game that said "Oh dear, you got the boot" I loved that.

It was definitely a Wizard game that had it. On their website, $20 for their whole collection.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #104
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I played a ton of Soccer Wizard from Wizard games when I was in college.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #105
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

TV Sports Football and Basketball were the best on the Commodore Amiga. I always played as Chicago in the basketball game, their top player Michael Jordache.

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 08-07-2009 at 12:55 AM.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #106
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I bought and played my first football PC game when i was like 17 or so, it was an imported game i found lost in an used pc games shop. I had no idea about football (as nobody did in Spain), but liked that sport like rugby were players used helmets and armor like modern gladiators. Once i started to play, i got in love with the strategic behind that American football sport.

The thing is that i don't remember the name and have always tried to. you played only as coach, no moving the players yourself. You could create plays using arrows and different formations in a plays editor, and Troy Aikman was the Colts QB. The game box was black i think. I guess it was 1993 or 1994 but the game was probably older. It was NFL licensed, could you guys say what game was that?
You sure that wasn't the game "NFL"?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #107
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Gotta add MLB 2k12 to this list. I have been playing it for the 360. Yes, the animations are a bit wonky and sometimes the replays focus on the batter for too long, but damn does it play a good game of baseball. With the right sliders, there is a real cat and mouse game for batter vs pitcher, there are a wide variety of hits and the thing the game does perhaps better than even current games is the dynamic commentary and stats. Throughout the game, they will be talking about the current top ten teams in batting average or pitching, they will talk about the hottest batters over the past ten days etc. Such a polished presentation. It is a shame that people didn't give this game more of a chance. I have read some of the reviews on it, and I think they were really unfairly harsh. If it would have been allowed to continue until today, I think it really could be better than the Show. Especially considering what 2k has been able to do with NBA
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote