Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #351
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is there no one better than Sargent to play? Can't they move Weah up and have Gio in there?

Well if there was any question before, it has been confirmed that Haji Wright at least not as someone who needs to hold the ball up. At the very least Sargent did that well.

If it is just a nut shot, I would expect Pulisic to play on Saturday. But that Sargent injury looked like at the very least meniscus damage.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #352
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Pulisic is gone to the hospital. Ruptured testicle? They're saying "Abdominal"...
Old 11-29-2022, 03:40 PM   #353
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Nvm. Sir Fozzie got it

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-29-2022 at 03:41 PM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:42 PM   #354
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pretty much what I came into the thread to say. Talking heads hated on Moore and Wright afterwards which I kinda understood their explanations for but I thought Zimmerman was absolutely clutch.
Yeah Aaronson was needed (and an easy call) and I liked bringing Zimmerman in even if I'm not sure we know how to play a 5 man backline (though I didn't love pulling McKennie to do it). Unless Dest was dead tired not sure why Moore over him this game, would've preferred more ball possession, and Wright was just baffling. And finally I can't believe I'm saying this but it wasn't even Gio I wanted brought in (killing a 1-0 game when he'd have no support isn't his game) it was Jordan Morris. If you bring Jordan Morris to a World Cup that's when he's useful! Dude works hard at least, Haji Wright did not...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:43 PM   #355
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Honestly with what they've shown just start Aaronson and play with multiple false 9's. If Pulisic is out, put Gio in that spot.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:52 PM   #356
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Pulisic misunderstood No Nut November.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #357
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully Pulisic is ok. He's already posted something on IG from the hospital all fired up and swearing he'll be ready for Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/foxsoccer/p...59649121362946

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-29-2022 at 04:22 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:18 PM   #358
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

That sounds like a variation of would you rather/truth or dare that you would play in high school.

“you score a goal that lets the United States advance in the World Cup, but you get hit in the nuts so hard that you have to go to the hospital when you do it.”
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:08 PM   #359
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Pulisic is gone to the hospital. Ruptured testicle? They're saying "Abdominal"...

Abdominal is where they ended up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:15 PM   #360
miami_fan
Coordinator

Christian Pulisic diagnosed with 'pelvic contusion' and listed 'day-to-day' after violent collision in USMNT's win over Iran
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-29-2022, 06:20 PM   #361
GrantDawg

Abdominal is where my nuts stayed most of that match.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2022, 01:23 AM   #362
RainMaker
General Manager

I still think they've got to find a way to get Reyna out there. Also maybe time to give Ferriera a chance.

Feels like leaving Pepi off was a big mistake.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:18 AM   #363
Critch
lolzcat

Seems like Cristiano Ronaldo has signed to play for Al Nassr of the Saudi Arabian league for around $200million per year.

And seems like his old team Juventus is in serious trouble too. All their directors have resigned, apparently being investigated for false submissions to the Italian stock market and false accounting. They've been forced down the divisions before for dishonesty, this time they've added in serious illegal activities to get the Italian police involved too.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 AM   #364
PilotMan
Head Coach

The ME Sheiks are learning that everyone really does have their price. Ted DiBiase was right all along.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:16 PM   #365
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I still think they've got to find a way to get Reyna out there. Also maybe time to give Ferriera a chance.

Feels like leaving Pepi off was a big mistake.

I would like to see Reyna come on as a impact sub but I don't know who I would take out of the starting lineup if everyone is still healthy. I guess Musah is the guy who have to cede his place to Gio. I am not convinced that Gio is fit enough to start especially if the U.S. is not dominating the ball. Ferriera should be given an opportunity for sure. I am not sure if leaving Pepi off was right or not. It would be nice to have another option I guess. He has been on fire in the Eredivisie the last couple of months but before that he went almost a year without getting a goal. We just don't have that top flight striker at this point. Hopefully one of the young guys develop into one.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:18 PM   #366
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The ME Sheiks are learning that everyone really does have their price. Ted DiBiase was right all along.

The man is just trying to make a living to feed his wife and children.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:41 PM   #367
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Mexico are out on goal diff at this moment in time.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:42 PM   #368
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Mexico are out on goal diff at this moment in time.

Watching the game and surprised that I’m entertained by it
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #369
miami_fan
Coordinator

The announcers on Telemundo tried their best to be objective but now they are just lashing out at everyone. The Saudis for time wasting, Michael Oliver for buying it, and the Argentinians for not scoring their chances.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #370
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I goofed. They are out on fair play and need goal diff to change to get in.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:57 PM   #371
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

KSA scores. Bye bye Mexico
Old 11-30-2022, 03:03 PM   #372
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

While it would have been even sweeter if Mexico had gone out on fair play, it still feels almost as good as the US moving on.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:22 PM   #373
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

That ending was pretty insane.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:09 PM   #374
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Abdominal is where my nuts stayed most of that match.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Mrs. A was working in the next room while I was watching. And after the match she was shocked to find out we had one based on the exasperated noises I made throughout the second half.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #375
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
While it would have been even sweeter if Mexico had gone out on fair play
That would have felt just.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:03 PM   #376
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, I was watching the Mexico vs KSA game and wondered how much players run in a game.

How Far Do Soccer Players Run In A Game? (+ Most Athletic Players) â—‹ 2022
Quote:
On average soccer players run 7 miles per game with a high of 10 miles. This can be as low as 2 miles for a goalkeeper. This is a combination of short sprints and longer distances.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:03 AM   #377
Critch
lolzcat

1978 World Cup, Argentina missed a penalty in their third group game (Kempes missed against Italy). Argentina went on to win the World Cup.

1986 World Cup, Argentina missed a penalty in their third group game (Maradona missed against Bulgaria). Argentina went on to win the World Cup.

2022 World Cup, Argentina missed a penalty in their third group game.

It's written in the stars.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #378
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Canada knows you don't go empty net in soccer, right?
Old 12-01-2022, 09:16 AM   #379
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

That is not a penalty.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #380
Critch
lolzcat

Lukaku. Dear oh dear. What a carthorse.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:09 AM   #381
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I don't think I've seen a team care less than Belgium. Did they not realize a draw sends them home?
Old 12-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #382
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Lukaku. Dear oh dear. What a carthorse.

I felt bad for him, watching him after the match. However, he's fortunate he's not from Brazil...

Also, I didn't watch all 3 games, but Kevin de Bruyne seemed mostly invisible from what I watched. Which seems impossible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-01-2022, 12:38 PM   #383
Ksyrup

What's the worst loss a team that has made it through to the final 16 ever had in group stage? Costa Rica has a decent shot to make it through despite a 7-0 loss. That's got to be unusual, right?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-01-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #384
whomario
Pro Starter

Good grief... That save though
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-01-2022 at 01:43 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:11 PM   #385
whomario
Pro Starter

Spain about to eliminate Germany.

Well,never mind. They manage to do that themselves
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-01-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #386
Ksyrup

Damn, I've been watching the CR game and didn't even realize Japan scored twice. Since Fox is broadcasting both games, I don't understand why they can't show the other score in a box in the upper right corner instead of telling us we're watching the World Cup on Fox or FS1. Gee, thanks!
Old 12-01-2022, 02:26 PM   #387
Ksyrup

Costa Rica!

This holding up for 25 more minutes though...
Old 12-01-2022, 02:26 PM   #388
whomario
Pro Starter

Lol what
Old 12-01-2022, 02:27 PM   #389
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Costa Rica!

This holding up for 25 more minutes though...

German players nerves are shot.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #390
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

They think everyone's watching with a cell phone glued to their hands, and have other apps that tell them what they want to know about other matches. I've noticed the NFL telecasts no longer have crawls. It really feels like I've stepped back 20 years in time when I watch games now. Expecting alcohol and Oldsmobile ads any week now.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:29 PM   #391
Ksyrup

Or holding up for 5 minutes...
Old 12-01-2022, 02:29 PM   #392
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These guys fighting over the ball, lol...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #393
whomario
Pro Starter

I repeat: lol what ?
Old 12-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #394
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I go to pick up my daughter from school and all hell breaks loose.

I hope Costa Rica win so they can go through on 6 points with -5 goal difference.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #395
whomario
Pro Starter

Too early, now Spain will stop trying
Old 12-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #396
Ksyrup

Germany, again. This one is all but over.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #397
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Japan now hanging on for dear life and to avoid elimination with the German goal. Seems they've been in the back third for 30 straight minutes.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #398
GrantDawg

Germans running away with it
Old 12-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #399
GrantDawg

Japan trying to will the clock to move faster
Old 12-01-2022, 02:52 PM   #400
whomario
Pro Starter

Well,Spain is trying but not getting any good chances ...

Ginter finally getting on the pitch in his 3rd WC