Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Prison Break-Season 2

Prison Break Season 2 starts tonight on Fox Monday August 21, 2006

The first season was great. It going to be a fun season 2 with them on the run this year.

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am excited for this one, just as I was for last season.

The only reason I started watching was because I doubted their ability to get a good season out of just breaking out of prison, and now I am quite hooked.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

I liked the first season and can't wait for the start of season 2 tonight.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just bought Season 1 on DVD last Saturday. Good stuff.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
kingfc22
Head Coach

T-Bag is gonna slap somebody with his one hand.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I really like this show a lot and I know that sometimes you have to accept some unrealistic things or else the plot won't work, however with that said what was the deal with that small town in Illinois near the end? The pedestrian traffic in that town was almost as much as I have seen in downtown Chicago and New York. Was every single citizen of the town out walking the street that day???

All in all I thought a lot of the question mark cliffhangers from last season were pretty well done and I can't say that I am sad to see the lawyer go. Seeing that Lost will probably have even more breaks and garbage as it continues to gain popularity this may now be my favorite show on network television.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Agreed. At least there is at least a payoff at the end of season 1 where they actually escape. I feel as if instead of writing themselves into a corner, the writers opened up the story. With Lost, I feel as if the writers don't have a plan and/or they write themselves into corners and leave plotlines dangling.

Good so far tonight.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
All in all I thought a lot of the question mark cliffhangers from last season were pretty well done and I can't say that I am sad to see the lawyer go.
I didn't understand this upon first read (since the show just ended), but I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

I'm glad they killed that bitch. Just need to off LJ next.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
got that right
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nice start to the season. Looks like the FBI guy is going to be a pain in Schofield's ass.

Of course, I can already tell we will have a lot of dumb prison guards ending up in the wrong place and brainy FBI guy figuring out all the clues.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #12
MikeVic
Head Coach

It seems like the smart FBI guy could be like Schofield... I forget what it's called, but the thing where your brain pays attention to details.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
Coop
High School JV

Pretty good episode overall, my only complaint is the FBI agent figures out the tattoos so quickly . For some reason it reminded me of the south park episode 'rerun'(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush

Me too, what idiot goes to that place by herself and without telling anyone.
Well I think she told that guy but he died. And then she goes and calls the police without thinking "Hey maybe they can intercept calls?"

Last edited by Coop : 08-22-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #14
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Is it just me or did it look like when Schofield saw the FBI guy something clicked...like maybe they knew each other. That should be interesting.

Either way, great season premiere and I am pumped to see where this season goes.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 AM   #15
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
Is it just me or did it look like when Schofield saw the FBI guy something clicked...like maybe they knew each other. That should be interesting.

Either way, great season premiere and I am pumped to see where this season goes.

Seems to me he was focus on the pill that FBI was taking. Maybe some medication the FBI has to take.

It probably will come into play later on.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #16
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Seems to me he was focus on the pill that FBI was taking. Maybe some medication the FBI has to take.

Didn't he look at the FBI guy before he took the pill? I might be mistaken though...
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That was my thought too, Mike. While he was looking at him, he took the pill.

Like I said though, it will be interesting to watch it all unfold
Old 08-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
Me too, what idiot goes to that place by herself and without telling anyone.
Well I think she told that guy but he died. And then she goes and calls the police without thinking "Hey maybe they can intercept calls?"
Also, wouldn't the police laugh if they got a call that said, "I'm reporting a crime....by the President of the United States."

That was some pretty cheesy dialogue.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #19
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Also, wouldn't the police laugh if they got a call that said, "I'm reporting a crime....by the President of the United States."

That was some pretty cheesy dialogue.

Haha. I was saying this to my girlfriend as we watched it.

"I'm reporting a crime....by the President of the United States."
*click*
Old 08-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #20
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

My guess is that when the FBI guy is about to catch Scofield, he has a heart attack or something because he didn't take the pill.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #21
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I wonder when the group is going to break up. I mean Tweener, Haywire, and T-Bag are all by their lonesomes and no one is chasing after them.

I can definately see the pill being a way for Scofield to narrowly escape the FBI guy.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #22
MikeVic
Head Coach

I loved Monday's episode.

Didn't expect that FBI guy to figure out the code talk between L.J. and Linc.

T-Bag is even more of a tough bastard. Taking all that pain without any medical aids?? But I hope the vet doctor isn't dead... I actually felt sorry for him, and hated T-Bag in a way I haven't yet. I'm waiting for something now that makes me sympathize with him. In season 1, just as I was hating him, Belick taunts him with his family background. Then when I'm feeling a BIT sorry for him about that, they reveal his intent on wanting to get even with that woman that got him thrown in jail. And trying to kill off Abruzzi wasn't cool either.

And Belick as a renegade cop out for revenge and moolah? That'll be awesome. He better dual-wield shotguns.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #23
Coop
High School JV

After the first episode, i expect him to figure everything out by the next scene.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Monday's episode was really good. I find that this is one of the best serialized shows on TV.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #25
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I *know* that this series - perhaps more than others given it's "real" setting - is asking us to suspend disbelief, but the whole Veterinarian-turned-Vascular Surgeon is a bit too much for me to take. Yeah, I know they needed to get that plot-hole filled ASAP so they could move forward, but I'd much rather have T-Bag rolling through this season with a stump than this latest hokum.

However, if there is any payoff to this sleight-of-hand (ha-ha), such as some complications from the surgery affecting T-Bag in a meaniungful way, then I'll be partly appeased. For now? BAH!

Last edited by Toddzilla : 08-30-2006 at 07:20 AM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #26
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
I *know* that this series - perhaps more than others given it's "real" setting - is asking us to suspend disbelief, but the whole Veterinarian-turned-Vascular Surgeon is a bit too much for me to take. Yeah, I know they needed to get that plot-hole filled ASAP so they could move forward, but I'd much rather have T-Bag rolling through this season with a stump than this latest hokum.

However, if there is any payoff to this sleight-of-hand (ha-ha), such as some complications from the surgery affecting T-Bag in a meaniungful way, then I'll be partly appeased. For now? BAH!

Agreed. If you want to shock us with T-bag having his hand cut off or the prison chick overdosing on herion or T-Bag slitting the guys throat at least stick with it. That said, I do like how this show just kills people though and doesn't have the person explain why they are going to shoot them or give the person time to escape. Those rogue FBI agents just show up with guns blazing.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 AM   #27
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

w00t! More Holly Valence!

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #28
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Last night's episode was good. I'm liking it more out of the prison than last season. I think that the FBI guy is getting too many lucky breaks though.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #29
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Last night's episode was good. I'm liking it more out of the prison than last season. I think that the FBI guy is getting too many lucky breaks though.

My only concern (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE the show) is that it's starting to get predictable when unpredictability was its greatest asset last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 AM   #30
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree, but right now it's got so many storylines that it's still quite enjoyable. I didn't think C-Note's wife would sell him out. I don't know why Rich Eisen (at least that's what I call Ms. President's FBI guy cuz he looks like him) doesn't take over the manhunt.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #31
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I agree, but right now it's got so many storylines that it's still quite enjoyable. I didn't think C-Note's wife would sell him out. I don't know why Rich Eisen (at least that's what I call Ms. President's FBI guy cuz he looks like him) doesn't take over the manhunt.

She didn't sell him out.

She did turn on the porch light on. So I don't think she will tell the investigator anything now.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #32
MikeVic
Head Coach

Two things that bugged me though:

1. Wouldn't Linc have been blown away the second he manually changed the radio station? They didn't really explain that part. I know you have to suspend some disbelief, but that was weird...

2. How did the two former guards (Bellick and the other guy) know where Linc and Michael would be? Did that fat cousin know they'd be out in the country somewhere?? I thought for sure the fat cousin would know about Sucre's plan to see his woman... this was a case of unpredictibility, but in a way that didn't make sense to me at all...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #33
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
1. Wouldn't Linc have been blown away the second he manually changed the radio station? They didn't really explain that part. I know you have to suspend some disbelief, but that was weird...

No - he had a few seconds to run while the radio scanned...maybe 5 or so. If he was smart, he would have manually tuned the radio backwards THEN hit the scan. In either case, getting away was easy.

Quote:
2. How did the two former guards (Bellick and the other guy) know where Linc and Michael would be? Did that fat cousin know they'd be out in the country somewhere?? I thought for sure the fat cousin would know about Sucre's plan to see his woman... this was a case of unpredictibility, but in a way that didn't make sense to me at all...
Easy - Bellick said "following the chick was easy". He knew the girl was an accomplice from when Michael was in prison - remember he visited her at the strip club to ask about the credit card? - and so he just tailed her until she led them to Michael. They actually gave that away during the "previosuly on Prison Break" intro.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #34
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
My only concern (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE the show) is that it's starting to get predictable when unpredictability was its greatest asset last season.

It is starting to get predictable and silly. T-bag gets his hand cut off and lives. Not only does he live, but a vet is able to reattach it. Not only is the had reattached, but T-bag is somehow able to tie the vet up with the newly attached hand? No way. If that vet wasn't a complete moron, he'd have slapped that newly attached hand and run off while T-bad was rolling on the ground trying to not pass out from the pain. That was just too much.

The instant Belick got fired, I turned to my wife and said "good, now he can go vigilante." This show was better when they at least made a passing nod toward realism. Hopefully they'll get it back on track.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #35
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
No - he had a few seconds to run while the radio scanned...maybe 5 or so. If he was smart, he would have manually tuned the radio backwards THEN hit the scan. In either case, getting away was easy.

Easy - Bellick said "following the chick was easy". He knew the girl was an accomplice from when Michael was in prison - remember he visited her at the strip club to ask about the credit card? - and so he just tailed her until she led them to Michael. They actually gave that away during the "previosuly on Prison Break" intro.

Yeah, I guess these both make sense. Maybe I wasn't paying attention as much as I should have.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #36
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Two things that bugged me though:

They follow that girl that been helping Michael. They seen her come visit Michael in the Jail last season. So they must know where she lives and follow her to them.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #37
chris3627
n00b

Love the show also, especially the flashback format they used last night. I think there are more varied story lines than last season, making it even more unpredictable and more things they can do outside the prison walls than inside. Is the show realistic, probably not, but a good story is a good story. After the car blew up the FBI guy mentioned a name of someone he didn't catch, that the explosion was similar. Was that just something to show that he isn't going to catch them all?

I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks....who do you all think will be the first guy caught and when? My guess will be the bipolar, schizophrenic, mental patient (no updates or story line given on him so far?) Everyone else seems to be on the verge of being caught, discovered and/or turned in either this week or in next weeks teaser. It seems like at least 5 characters are actively going west (Sucre, T-bag, pickpocket, and Lincoln/Schofield) with some kind of confrotation happening in Utah. I think they might just announce in 3 or 4 weeks (before the break for the MLB playoffs) that the mental patient was caught and leave it at that.
chris3627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #38
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
The instant Belick got fired, I turned to my wife and said "good, now he can go vigilante." This show was better when they at least made a passing nod toward realism. Hopefully they'll get it back on track.

Yup.

It's still one of the better shows on TV, but so far I don't think it is as good as last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #39
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Double crap.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #40
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Double crap.

Wow

Didn't see that coming.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #41
MikeVic
Head Coach

Boo!! He was one of my fav. characters.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #42
Joe
Pro Starter

knowing this show and the ridiculous stuff they pull, he's not really dead
Old 09-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #43
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
knowing this show and the ridiculous stuff they pull, he's not really dead

Third times a charm, they say.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:16 AM   #44
kingfc22
Head Coach

I think Mr. Jetta is dead.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:50 AM   #45
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

time to un-pimp the Abruzzi :sniff:
Old 09-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #46
Thomkal
Head Coach

He was perhaps my least favorite character, so not too sad to see him go. But how dumb was the setup here. He was going after a witness in a federal criminal case was he not? Why would he be in some cheap motel with no protection from the FBI, especially since Abruzzi was on the loose? Abruzzi's a lot smarter than that, and should have figured out it was a set-up.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #47
MikeVic
Head Coach

I agree with Thomkal on that one, but you can maybe chalk it up to his rage clouding his thinking.

One little nit-picky thing I had about the episode though... wouldn't at least one of the cops that T-Bag was talking to recognize him at least a bit?? I mean, it was a group of cops... and close to where the escape took place, was it not?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #48
MikeVic
Head Coach

dola

I guess another issue I had was how that girl with the white rapper dude was acting. Why was she all "it's him, I gotta go" on her cell if she wasn't talking to the cops?

I think he's gonna get her pregnant and then there'll be a spinoff series with them.... or maybe not.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #49
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Was I the only one that thought Tweener was going to be introduced to The Gimp in that store?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #50
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL. Didn't occur to me at all.

I'm concerned for the doctor. After she finds out that Rich Eisen is using her, she is going to have one fucked up head. First Michael uses her and now the FBI uses her. They're really trying to get her to have a nervous breakdown.

Also, did anyone else think that Teabag hid the map in his ass...and then ate it???