Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
lanruz234
n00b

How can I obtain additional stats from the log/game files?

I exclusively play SP but I noticed that the MP websites typically shows more data compared to SP. For example, I know GML had stats for penalties committed per player, +/-, interception pct, bad pass pct, times thrown at, etc all of which are not in the default SP FOF UI.

Therefore, I am wondering if anyone could point me to some tools (script/program) used to obtain this data from the log/game files. I will like to generate some of the GML stats for my SP as well.

I have some python programming skills so I manipulate the data but I have no idea where to get it in the first place.

Thanks.

lanruz234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
joe the wanderer
n00b

In regards to penalties and +/-, I get that data from the game logs. Make sure you have 'Add detailed information to game logs' turned on under Options in order to get the +/-.

Interception % and Bad Pass % could also be derived from the logs... I'm not sure how times throw at could be calculated so I'm curious what others have to say.
joe the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
lanruz234
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the wanderer View Post
In regards to penalties and +/-, I get that data from the game logs. Make sure you have 'Add detailed information to game logs' turned on under Options in order to get the +/-.

Interception % and Bad Pass % could also be derived from the logs... I'm not sure how times throw at could be calculated so I'm curious what others have to say.

Thanks. I can see the +/- information but I don't know how to obtain that information into say excel where I can manipulate it. It is simply text in an html file. Was wondering if there is any way to export that to a format where the data can be easily compiled. If that makes any sense.
lanruz234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
joe the wanderer
n00b

You can't easily convert that text file to Excel...

You need to create a python script that will take that text file as input, apply regular expressions to extract what you need, and then pipe it to either an Access DB or something similar.
joe the wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:41 AM   #5
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

you can coopy and paste +- at the end fo the game log into excel/sheets not play specific and then make a pivot table showign each player and POS
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote