Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
miked
College Starter

OT- OOTP league opening (6.51)

No, we haven't converted and don't plan on it. We are running 6.51 (there are a few in the league with 6.12 so that's ok too). This is an awesome league with lots of FOFC peeps in it, founded by a FOFC member who will go unnamed. We are currently in the year 2019 with most of the real players gone the way of dinosaurs (if you believe in them). Teams like the Pirates, Brewers, Marlins, Expos, Orioles, Mariners and Rockies are forces to be reckoned with, while franchises such as the Yankees, Rangers, Giants, and more have fallen on hard times.

The open team is the NY Mets. They are in dire need as the prior owner has all but left them for dead. They have quite a few good players such as Manuel Leon (one of the top hitters) and two awesome young pitchers (Skillman and Hope). The team has a nice stadium and can generate big revenue when they actually win. They need some TLC in a big way.

The league uses 6.51 and we have some unique features and rules. There are 8/4 no-trade clauses, FA compensation, a European league from which players defect, and even a no-retrade clause (if you deal for a major leaguer, you can't unrealistically flip him). Check out our message boards and let me know if you are interested via posting, PM, IM (mikedavis76).

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

Good lord. Does HA have a personality disorder that keeps him from functioning effectively in groups?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Good lord. Does HA have a personality disorder that keeps him from functioning effectively in groups?
Jeez, that one thread is enough to make me loathe graphics in forum signatures. The graphics might as well jump off your screen and slap you in the mouth.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
miked
College Starter

Would it shock you if I said that was the second time he quit? I actually enjoyed his shit talking in the league, because he was such an awful GM it really was fun to watch him talk the smack while destroying franchises. But no, he doesn't play well with others and really likes to beat issues into the ground when it's not going his way.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Jeez, that one thread is enough to make me loathe graphics in forum signatures. The graphics might as well jump off your screen and slap you in the mouth.

I'm not a huge fan of the moving graphics, but the league has been going for 15 seasons and like 3 real life years so people have a lot invested. Plus, Truthy is creative with his graphics and designed like 200 logo sets for the new game. Hasn't gotten as bad as the old .400SS forums with the TEW guys.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the moving graphics, but the league has been going for 15 seasons and like 3 real life years so people have a lot invested. Plus, Truthy is creative with his graphics and designed like 200 logo sets for the new game. Hasn't gotten as bad as the old .400SS forums with the TEW guys.
Threads that are made to showcase graphics are one thing. I think it's great when people show off their stuff. When a signature takes up nearly a quarter of the screen, though, that's kinda tacky.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 11-01-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

...large graphics aside, the UBL is a wonderful, challenging OOTP league with active owners and a committed commish. I joined last year based on a similar FOFC post and have had a blast. I'd encourage anyone interested to sign up.

...and as soon as you sign up, please contact me about trading away Leon.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

actually, no. i'm finding the problem isn't so much me, but with the company i've kept. i'm down to one online league - Imperial Football League - run by sov and Suicane (and formerly Cringer) and there are no problems whatsoever. considering that at one point those two and i had some major probs with each other and now we get along very well and what's in the past is in the past, all because of mutual respect and us having a similar sense of humor. i haven't had a reason to speak up about issues or contribute my two cents regarding how the league should be run because by and large sov is rather proactive and seems to make the "right" decisions (thus far) that i don't have a prob with. see, there's no need for me to complain or make a fuss when the league authorities don't do things that require second guessing or arguing over.

you'll find most people i've spent time with in online league are more than willing to vouch for me and value what i add to a league. if you want to fault me, i could see one having a problem with my itchy trigger finger. there is only so much time in the day, and sadly my leisure time is the first to suffer when work, family and household chores beckon. so if i'm gonna be in a league it has be worth my time and most importantly it has to be fun. without those 2 factors then it becomes very easy for me to walk away. i don't do online leagues for the joy of stress or arguing with strangers.

so again, it's more a matter of me finding the right mix of people than me being the problem. a square won't fit where a circle should go, and there's nothing wrong with that. rather than force the square into that circle, i find it's best to find a place where that square glides in effortlessly. rather than the square have to deal with the circle making unnecessarily intimidating PMs and attempt to impose special punishments not outlined in the Constitution and then delete and lock threads when the square tries to discuss said PMs in public, it's just easier for the square to call it a day and find a new place to try to fit in.

i wish no one no ill will, in any of the leagues i've left, simply cuz, again, there's nothing wrong with the fact that some things aren't meant to be and with time being so precious it's just best to part ways and i find a new place to hang around and the old league finds someone who could be a better fit.

i will say no more, i rambled here and really shouldn't have wrote all this.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-01-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
Subby
lolzcat

Heh - no worries. Just teasing you...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #10
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

On January 1st, it will be three full years since the message board crashed and Hell Atlantic was removed as commissioner. If it weren't already a national holiday, it should be one for this reason alone.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
Anthony
Banned

not that anyone cares, but i stepped down as commish.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
not that anyone cares, but i stepped down as commish.

What was that other league that died before opening day? Those threads were hilarious.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote