Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
miked
College Starter

OOTP league opening

The United Baseball League is on opening day 2020 and the New York Mets are open. They were recently run by a fellow FOFCer, but he's AWOL and hasn't even checked in on the forums. The year is 2020, and without anything crazy financial rules, the Pirates, Brewers, Orioles, Rockies, Padres and Expos rule the league. Amazing!

The Mets have been in the one of the worst divisions, with the 100 win Marlins and Expos (Marlins 2018 NL champs) and the 100 loss Braves and Phillies. The Mets have the 2nd rated farm system, and another top spect will be joining the team come June's draft. Their roster needs some work, as they have a payroll of 28M despite revenue streams of 70M or so. They also have a fan interest of about 15. Good times.

The UBL has several fellow FOFC people, which is why I'm starting my looking here. We use OOTP 6.5 with a salary cap, FA compensation, 8/4 no trade clauses, and other trading limitations (no-flipping or re-trading). We have lots of dedicated owners and are disease free. Hit me up here, on AIM (mikedavis76) or on our forums.

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
General Mike
Pro Starter

This is a good league.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It's good league, but I have a crap team. So if you are tired of me whooping on you in the FBCB, BBCF, or FOF leagues, here is your chance to get revenge.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I've been in a few ootp leagues and this one is by far the best one I've been in. There are quite a few dedicated and smart owners and I find it to be much more challenging than your average ootp league.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
miked
College Starter

Still looking for a Mets owner. This league is solid and the Mets are in a stinky division. Here's your chance to claim greatness (or something).
Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
graygoosetwelve
n00b

If it's still opened I would be interested. I've been in a few online leagues, the JBL, and BTI. Let me know if the Mets are still available.
graygoosetwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
miked
College Starter

Going to bump this. I believe I have another opening, but have been putting it off hoping things will change. PM/IM me if interested, the team is in a much better situation than the Mets were. Well, mostly.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
miked
College Starter

It's official, the Giants are open. They are leading the NL Wild Card, but have a fight on their hands. They are 5 back of the West, and have an interesting roster. Their star reliever (mertens) just went on the shelf for 2 months as did their starting CF. They have a 25M payroll and about 50M in revenue (-5M in cash). They have a potential ROY in Jesse Williams and star slugger "Locomotive" Gladstone.

If you are interested, you can PM me here, or shoot me an email at mikedavis76 at hotmail dot com. I have high security on the forums since we had a gay bot invasion. Don't miss this chance to take a weak division!