Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I will say, it's sooooooooooo much easier to jump in and play a few months worth of baseball than it is with OOTP.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #52
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I ended up buying the game just because of the discount. Honestly, I don't even know if I'm ever going to play it. That's kinda stupid, I guess, but I'd rather risk throwing away $10 than decide I want to play it in a month and have to spend $25.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #53
JPhillips
General Manager

It's still what it's always been, a fun, although not very accurate, baseball sim. As long as you don't drive yourself crazy worrying about realism, you'll be able to enjoy zipping through seasons in seconds.

Well worth ten bucks if for no other reason than BBM is what got me started with text sims.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #54
condors
College Starter

I have bought several bbmoguls but didn't think i would be again anytime soon. With the 10 dollar offer i am glad i made it in before the deadline.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #55
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

$10 for Baseball Mogul is quite the steal - not sure in whose favor, though...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
$10 for Baseball Mogul is quite the steal - not sure in whose favor, though...

Quite the steal is right.

I've bitched more than anyone when 2006 came out, but since I purchased 2008 a few months ago, I'd have to say I've played this game for many hours.. most of the time early into the morning.

With patch 10.28 which lowered the draftee ratings, everything seems quite well as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's not near as accurate as OOTP, but it's 110% simpler and the interface might be the best of any text sim I've played.

We talk about simplicity in a text sim, and this one fits it perfectly. I'm amazed at how nice everything is setup and easy to get to. I've become more of a non-hardcore sports gamer lately and I applaud Clay for his hard work on this version.

Thank you Clay!

(There's a nice 2007 roster set (thanks HoustonGM) you should grab before you start) - but for $10 it's a no brainer, imho. (Heck, I paid full price and have gotten my $$$$ worth)

Edit: I'm 17 games out of 1st with the Cardinals in my first season.. can't wait for the challenge this brings.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-22-2007 at 07:39 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote