Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

An idea for an OOTP Online League

Has anyone ever done a Winter/International League online?

Create an American and Japanese league, let the computer soak up the best players.

Then create an International or Winter League. Take the Major League numbers for attendance, media contracts and salary, and cut them to 16-20% of what the majors get (Average attendance of 4-5,000, Media Contracts of $4,000,000), etcetera.

Disallow trading between the "Major leagues" and this league.
No Arbitration, 2-3 years of mininum salary, tops.

You'd become like AAA.5, scrapping for the players who aren't quite good enough for the majors, and constantly trying to develop talent, while in fear that at any time, the major leagues will keep a hungry eye on your talent, just WAITING for them to become available to give them more money then you could dream of spending.

For Balance purposes, (and to allow you to scout out all the hidden gems that the majors miss in your home nation) I would set the league OUTSIDE of America (perhaps a League of the Americas, with teams from North, Central, and South America)

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've tried doing it solo. OOTP is awful about this sort of thing, but it's doable. Would just take some serious tweaking to make sure you could get it going.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What kind of tweaking would I need?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Make sure the creation modifiers for the AAAA league were such that players weren't enticed to go there as stars. Make sure there was a salary cap in that league, but not in the majors.

Well that and then also the whole worldwide feeder situation. I think those leagues you speak of would need to be feeder leagues to your AAAA league, so it's essentially a development proving ground/old folks home and let them become free agents fast so you're always losing them and have to start over a lot.

I think I might try this as a solo league idea. It's surely a challenge.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-24-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you come up with something, let me know, I'd be willing to try it out