Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
miked
College Starter

OOTP League Opening (UBL)

For those of you getting excited about OOTP again, we are a partially FOFC online league running 6.5 for another season, then most likely converting to v2007. This will give you a chance to get familiar with the league and the new game while we wait to convert. This opening is a sad story...not sad but sad

The Dodgers were just a few seasons removed from the playoffs. Back to back division titles in 2015 and 2016 and a WS appearance. Fast forward to 2020. This offseason the owner made a bad bunch of FA signings, including several 34+ year old guys to 10M x 5 deals and such because money was flowing in LA. They stunk up the joint and 2 downgraded really badly (thanks for that age cliff, Markus). So instead of trading away some guys at the deadline, he stood pat. I realized in August that the team was doing awful, like 10 in a row, maybe more. Checked out the team and the dude had called up about 6-10 A ball youngsters with 1s 2s and 3s for ratings and they stunk. Long story short, dude was booted for tanking and I've been trying a few waiver deals to rid the team of these horrible contracts.

They now have a nice payroll going into next season, won't be in the red this season, and didn't really have to sacrifice too much. The season ends in a week and I'd love a new owner in place. They have a great young OF George Mulhern and a young stud SP Mike "The General" Ritschel. We will be playing out the 2021 season in 6.5, then probably converting. We have great owners, including several here, cool rules (8/4 no trade clauses, FA comp, no flipping of players...guys you deal for have to play for you) and a good pace. PM me here or catch me on AIM (mikedavis76) if you are interested.

UBL Site

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
dude was booted for tanking
As an RWBL owner, I know what each individual word means but do not comprehend the sentence.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

this is a great league with many dedicated owners, and the NL west has some colorful owners to compete against.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
As an RWBL owner, I know what each individual word means but do not comprehend the sentence.
Que? No hablo ingles.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

I don't mind rebuilding, but intentionally playing low rated 19 year olds to get a better pick is stupid.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
...and the NL west has some colorful owners to compete against.

Understatement of the decade.

Great league. Come on down.