Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #51
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
actually Grey Dog has suspended their basketball title so we're the only one that offers hoops and definitely the only one that will offer all three and hopefully even more games in the future.

Oh crap, I gotta keep up with all this stuff. So basically you will be competing against two other in football and baseball. Can't wait to see what your team puts together. With Icy and Shaun on your already talented staff, this should really make for some interesting games.

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #52
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Shaun reminds me of a hollywood wife. What is this his 3rd or 4th company he has been with in the last 5 years?

Hopefully he can find a stable happy home.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #53
Capital
High School Varsity

This appears to be another great move for Wolverine Studios. Very interested to see what these two companies can deliver. It seems like a natural combination.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #54
Bad-example
College Starter

If the new game improves (greatly) upon Puresim's interface, I will be very interested.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #55
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
If the new game improves (greatly) upon Puresim's interface, I will be very interested.

Then you'll be very interested
Old 04-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #56
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Can anyone answer my question because I have never played Puresim:

How was Puresim at realistically simulating the roster moves, and financial situation of the MLB?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOhioStateUniversity View Post
Can anyone answer my question because I have never played Puresim:

How was Puresim at realistically simulating the roster moves, and financial situation of the MLB?

Thanks

My understanding is that PureSim is great for playing MLB and such alike. The front office isn't as good as OOTP I don't think, but only in the sense that if you like options, it wasn't as robust. I did enjoy it as a straight simulator of MLB without fake teams or anything like that. Statistically I found it to be better than anything out there, but it just wasn't really a game that lent itself to the imagination as much as OOTP or was chock full of options (that may or may not work) like other games.

The gaming experiences of the two are very different, then.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #58
cougarfreak
College Starter

I just tried to fire up Puresim on my a newer laptop this weekend and couldn't get it to stop crashing with Vista. I like Shaun, and his games, and hopefully this will enable him to keep enhancing his title.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #59
rjolley
College Starter

Here's a page on Shaun's site about running PureSim on Vista: http://www.puresim.com/vista.html
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #60
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Thanks DC
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #61
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post

I'll do my best

Btw, I need to talk with more Gary and Shaun and we have been already discussing some changes, but once we figure the new interface basics, I'll also ask around to know what you guys like/dislike from Puresim and also other text sims from Wolverine and the competence, to try to please as much of you as possible.

Wolverine Studios is know for listening to their customers and i'll follow the tradition

Last edited by Icy : 04-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #62
st.cronin
General Manager

Extensive hotkey support, please.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #63
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Shaun reminds me of a hollywood wife. What is this his 3rd or 4th company he has been with in the last 5 years?

Hopefully he can find a stable happy home.

That cracked me up. Don't forget I have also retired and un-retired twice in that period too Hey, it's the life of an indie.

To be fair, I have been with Matrix for 3+ years, and I was quite happy. The Wolverine opportunity was just one I couldn't pass up.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #64
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
That cracked me up. Don't forget I have also retired and un-retired twice in that period too Hey, it's the life of an indie.

To be fair, I have been with Matrix for 3+ years, and I was quite happy. The Wolverine opportunity was just one I couldn't pass up.

Damn, I forgot the retirements! Good luck Shaun, I look forward to your new offering.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

am I correct in assuming that we won't be seeing this this anytime very soon though?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #66
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'll do my best

Btw, I need to talk with more Gary and Shaun and we have been already discussing some changes, but once we figure the new interface basics, I'll also ask around to know what you guys like/dislike from Puresim and also other text sims from Wolverine and the competence, to try to please as much of you as possible.

Wolverine Studios is know for listening to their customers and i'll follow the tradition

BOOOOO!

Screw all these babies here!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #67
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
am I correct in assuming that we won't be seeing this this anytime very soon though?

I guess it depends on what you mean by very soon. If you're looking for something early on in the baseball season then I would say no. Shaun's going to take PS as it stands and decide on what improvements to make and in the meantime Ivan is going to be redoing the entire interface so its going to take some time. I don't know exactly how much that will be - that's going to be up to Shaun and what he can do with his schedule. The deadlines are completely up to him to set and as soon as we get an idea of when the game could be available we will let you know.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by very soon. If you're looking for something early on in the baseball season then I would say no. Shaun's going to take PS as it stands and decide on what improvements to make and in the meantime Ivan is going to be redoing the entire interface so its going to take some time. I don't know exactly how much that will be - that's going to be up to Shaun and what he can do with his schedule. The deadlines are completely up to him to set and as soon as we get an idea of when the game could be available we will let you know.

I didn't really mean early in the baseball season. I figured there was no way that'd happen. But I meant like I dunno - before the end of this baseball season I suppose. Gotcha though.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote