Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What A Great Night I Had!

I'll admit right up front, I'm not above a little schadenfreude, especially when I have a personal experience with someone who finally gets a little karma. So excuse me while I cackle in glee at the fact that this incompetent, greedy scumbag finally was stupid and greedy enough to get his comeuppance.

A bit of background... when we moved to Kentucky in 2006, we bought a partially finished house in a relatively new subdivision in a small town outside of Lexington. This was during the real estate boom, a couple years before the 2008 crash. This guy had already built the house behind us and was just starting a house two doors down from us. Everything seemed fine until we ended up having to delay closing a couple times because the house was not complete. This cost me over $3K in storage fees for all of our stuff which had been sitting since we sold our house in Florida back in May. But the house finally passed inspection and we ended up closing right after 4th of July.

Within a month of closing, we had a major rain storm come through, and that first night, we watched water pouring down the ceiling and back wall of the house. It was unbelievable, and there was nothing we could do except try to catch/clean it as it happened. Turned out to be a flashing issue with the chimney. I had him back out to fix it, which he claimed he did. Better, but not completely fixed. About 5-6 months after closing, he wouldn't respond at all. The folks behind us had issues he wouldn't fix, the people two doors down who had closed on their house a couple months after us had even bigger issues he wouldn't acknowledge.

To make matters worse, I got a letter from an attorney for some of his contractors trying to get us to pay for work they'd done for him that they hadn't gotten paid for. Fortunately, as an attorney, I was able to figure out pretty quickly that they had missed the statutory deadline for filing a contractor's lien, but through this process, I learned that this dude basically changed out crews every two weeks when no one was getting paid and stopped showing up to work.

About two years after we moved in, I brought in a real contractor to assess the house. When he drove up, the first thing he told me was that our front step was out of code and there was no way an inspector passed it unless he got paid off. That was before he even stepped foot in the house. Long story short, he and an architecture firm put together a report detailing all of the issues with the house, and we basically prioritized them and spent about $35K of our own money to fix the worst of it.

The people behind us sued him and tried to get us involved, but I knew it would be a waste of money. Dude was shielded by corporate law and we were going to spend more to pierce the corporate veil than we would get out of it, especially after the 2008 crash. They eventually let it go, sold the house, and eventually moved back to PA.

Anyway, I heard that his last housing project was to build a high-end house for some rich dude from NY and that he was advanced $100K which basically disappeared without much of any work being done, at which point he was fired. This dude's next move was to open a pizza shop downtown. I guess it did alright, but I heard stories of him harassing high school girls working there. And then one day... surprise, surprise ...it burned in a fire. And he collected the insurance money and never reopened.

After that, I would see him here and there in town. I guess he got involved in the car business as the finance guy at various places. The worst part was hearing all of the stories of them taking 2-3 week vacations, spending 10s of thousands on all sorts of stuff, owned several high-end cars, etc. His kids were in between my kids' ages and I had to hear about them driving corvettes and tricked-out mustangs and shit. The son dated a softball player, so I had to see him drive up in his $50K car at every game. He even totaled the car one time and within a week was driving a Mercedes or some shit. Infuriating, because I knew it was all being paid for through stealing/scamming.

You get the idea...

Well, last night it came across a bunch of newswire services (plus I had 3 separate people text me!) that a local man had pleaded guilty to wire fraud in connection with PPP loans he fraudulently obtained. Guess who?! He owned an RV business and had taken a legit PPP loan for it, and I guess figured that the process was so simple, he and a CPA (what a dumbfuck to get involved with this guy as a professional) concocted a scheme in which they created four other entities, dummied up payroll and tax documents, and claimed an additional $1.3M in PPP loans. And got busted. I'm betting they came after the CPA first and he/she flipped on him.

I'm telling you, I haven't been this happy since my second kid was born. I hope that motherfucker gets nailed by the judge. A guy I know who knows someone in law enforcement who works fraud cases in Lexington says the judge is tough and gave some ponzi scheme guy 10 years, so I'm hoping he gets something similar and it's not some sort of probation thing.

Me and the guy two doors down are thinking about buying a bottle of champagne and showing up to the sentencing hearing in March.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Awesome!

State or federal prosecution?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
Ksyrup

Feds!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Nice. They Don’t fuck around
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That is awesome
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Feds!

That will indeed likely cut back on the fuckaround factor.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Always enjoy a good karma story, fuck that guy
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #8
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
a quote for the ages
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:38 PM   #9
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I find this a very satisfying story. It would be funny to send him cards in prison of various fun activities and vacation spots. Even more fun, if it was anonymous.

Postcards from all over the place, "Wow, you would never believe the day we had. This place is heaven. Say hello to Bubba for me."
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #10
Ksyrup

Ha! I might just do that.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:42 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Me and the guy two doors down are thinking about buying a bottle of champagne and showing up to the sentencing hearing in March.

I wonder if you can find some others he's scammed and just all hang out in the courtroom for that

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #12
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if the courtroom would allow cardboard cutouts of Nelson Muntz.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #13
PilotMan
Head Coach

Man, fuck that guy. I can't imagine the complete and total frustration that you had in dealing with all that bs.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #14
Ksyrup

I realized that on the day of his sentencing, I'll be 3 hours away at a concert. Which, in a way, is kind of an F U that I'm out there living life as he gets locked up. But I need to know that he knows that I know he's going to jail. I think Senator's postcard thing is a good idea.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-19-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:21 PM   #15
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I realized that on the day of his sentencing, I'll be 3 hours away at a concert. Which, in a way, is kind of an F U that I'm out there living life as he gets locked up. But I need to know that he knows that I know he's going to jail. I think Senator's postcard thing is a good idea.

Eh, from my experience prisons generally don't allow contact from victims or anonymous personnel.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:59 PM   #16
Ksyrup

Is that only for serial killers?
Old 12-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #17
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe?
Old 12-19-2021, 11:40 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Or more accurately, it will provide an impetus to the AndFindOut factor
Old 12-20-2021, 03:49 AM   #19
JaneAlora
n00b

Nice to hear they got what they deserved.

Last edited by JaneAlora : 02-14-2023 at 06:33 AM.
JaneAlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:37 PM   #20
Ksyrup

Got word today while sitting on the beach in Hawaii that my buddy got sentenced to 42 months in federal prison. Could have been more but he has no record and, in a sign of how much he's probably stolen from others, he's already paid the $1.3M in restitution. He'll have to serve 85% of his sentence and pay a $30K fine.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-07-2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:11 AM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Can you livestream it for us all to enjoy? Maybe we can have a pizza and popcorn party
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #22
Ksyrup

Merry first Christmas in federal prison, fuckface!

I wouldn't have thought a second of this guy today except for the fact that the room under our garage is leaking from all the snow outside and that we've brought into the garage from our cars, and the ceiling of that room has rusted and is dripping disgusting rusty liquid everywhere. We use that room for storage. However, I still have a smile on my face knowing that his family has to visit him in prison on Christmas (I assume they allow that today? I kinda hope not).

Merry Christmas to the rest of you non-felons!