Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #251
chesapeake
College Starter

Very sorry to see this, SegRat. I'm glad you can maintain a sense of humor about it.

My 5-year-old figured out last year that she can take daddy down with a well-placed kick or punch to the groin. So your advice to get them first is well-taken.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Very sorry to see this, SegRat. I'm glad you can maintain a sense of humor about it.

My 5-year-old figured out last year that she can take daddy down with a well-placed kick or punch to the groin. So your advice to get them first is well-taken.

Good lesson to teach a daughter. This uncle of four nieces approves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #253
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to hear the news SegRat. Get better quick!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #254
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Wow, Seg. That's horrible. I do wish you a speedy recovery.

I will have to say seeing this made me think of the scenario again. My twin boys are 5 and I just went on their field trip with them. 45 kids. I have no doubt I could outlast all of them.

My oldest is 10. He handles the two 5 year olds with no problem. I can't imagine I could take very many 10 year olds on though.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #255
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I ... well .. just damn Seg.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #256
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
So apparently I can't even take 1. Maybe it is because he is actually 6 instead of 5. Yeah I'll go with that. So last Friday I was wrestling with my son. He came running at me and jumped and his knee came down full force. I had a lot of pain almost immediately. The pain lasted a little more than 2 hours. I had no more problems until Monday night. I was sitting in a chair watching the Packer game. I moved a little to readjust myself and I felt a pop in my back followed by immediate pain. Again it lasted a little more than 2 hours before I was able to fall asleep. I woke up at 2 a.m. In very intense pain. So I called my dad to come sit with the kids while I went to the ER. They ran a CAT scan and the only thing that showed up was my white blood cell count was high, and my liver was slightly inflamed. So the ER sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin. I took those for the full day and they did absolutely nothing for the pain. So I called my primary Dr and went to see him. He was feeling around in my back and he said he was pretty certain that I tore a muscle. So he sent me home with some muscle relaxers. So I took those for the full day and they did nothing for the pain. I would say I was expierncing about an 8 on the pain scale. So I called my Dr first thing in the morning and more or less begged for something stronger. So he gave me an order for oxycodone. I took 1 pill at 2:00 yesterday and it knocked me out. I woke at 4 and by 4:15 was in complete pain again. So I called the Dr office and asked how long the oxy should last. After I explained that it lasted about 2 hours they suggested that I return to the ER. So they run another CAT scan and it shows my white blood cell count was higher than it was Monday night. So the ER Dr consulted with another Dr and they now believe when Lukas jumped on me that I suffered severe trauma to my kidney. They believe I have a clotting in my kidney. If this is the case I was told my kidney is dying and too much time has passed to save it.

So if you ever find yourself one on one with a 6 year old, take him out before he does you.

I want to laugh because you can't even take one, but man...that's not a laughing matter. Shit dude, sorry to hear that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #257
SegRat
High School Varsity

I shouldn't have come back here right now. The laughing at some of the comments is downright painful. It's not a laughing matter right now.

Anyway I just got back to my room from my third CAT scan. That should give me all the answers.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #258
SackAttack
Head Coach

Maybe they can do the 3D print-up-genetically-yours-kidneys thing for you.

Couldn't hurt to ask.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #259
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This is clearly why we recommend 5 year olds for this exercise and not 6 year olds. They're more wily

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #260
SegRat
High School Varsity

Being referred to a eurologist. 40-50 % of kidney is dead. Not sure what is going to happen now.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #262
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I shouldn't have come back here right now. The laughing at some of the comments is downright painful. It's not a laughing matter right now.

Anyway I just got back to my room from my third CAT scan. That should give me all the answers.

I said I want to laugh but I can't because it's not a laughing matter - I hope you're not counting that as a laugh.

That sounds painful as fuckall and I'm sorry dude.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #263
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jesus, that blows.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #264
nol
Banned

I will say, the presence of mind to be suffering through so much pain and revive this thread rather than create a new one like "Terrible Health News" is nothing short of astounding. Hope you're feeling better shortly.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #265
SegRat
High School Varsity

I will be held out of work for 4 weeks. I have to be extra careful not to cause further injury, which will probably cause further injury. I was told not to lift my kids. That is going to be verry difficult as it is just habit now. Can't pick up anything of any weight. Good things Netflix just sent me an email asking me to come back and the first month will be free.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #266
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I will be held out of work for 4 weeks. I have to be extra careful not to cause further injury, which will probably cause further injury. I was told not to lift my kids. That is going to be verry difficult as it is just habit now. Can't pick up anything of any weight. Good things Netflix just sent me an email asking me to come back and the first month will be free.

does this mean they are going to try and save the kidney?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #267
SegRat
High School Varsity

They can't save what is dead. What they want me to do is for the most part stay in bed rest so that I don't cause any more damage. Having 1 1/2 kidneys functioning is better than have only 1.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #268
SegRat
High School Varsity

So I asked the Dr this moring how long can I expect the intense pain being that now this injury is a week old. His response was 4-6 weeks. Tissue on the kidney will continue to die and as long as it is dying I'm going to expierence intense pain. Not what I was hoping for.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ugh. So will they need to remove rhe kidney?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #270
SegRat
High School Varsity

At this point they still say no. As long as some of it is functioning they will leave it.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #271
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I said I want to laugh but I can't because it's not a laughing matter - I hope you're not counting that as a laugh.

That sounds painful as fuckall and I'm sorry dude.

I got the sense that he was laughing at some of the things that were said, and that it a) hurt physically to laugh and b) he was going 'dammit I should not be laughing at these things because it isn't fucking funny.'

I mean, maybe I misread, but that's how it came across to me.

Seg, they think you're going to have partial function, but there's nothing they can do to stem the necrosis to maximize that potential function? Also, how can they be certain the necrosis will end of its own accord while function still remains?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #272
SegRat
High School Varsity

SackAttack that was exactly what I meant.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #273
SegRat
High School Varsity

They said the only way they could have stopped it would have been to have it treated within 2 hours after original injury. Which lets face it. Even if you go to the emergency room immediately, I will say it takes15 minutes from my house. Check in at the ER, wait to be called back. Talk a nurse then the Dr minimum. They hook you up to IV's and treat pain. By the time they ordered my First CAT scan was probably 3 hours after I left my house.

They have gone through all the medical terms with me and honestly I don't understand a lot of what is said. From my understanding what damage is done and it can't be fixed. As far as maximizing potential function, no one has said anything like that but it will be a question I will ask.

Your last question I'm going to explain it the way that I understand it. There is 1 main vein running to the kidney with multiple smaller veins splitting off and actually attaching to it. I tore 2 to 3 of the smaller veins and now I'm not getting the fluid to that part of the kidney which is why it is dying. If I understand what you are asking and what was explained to me is that the remaining smaller veins will continue to put fluid to the rest of the kidney and keep that part of it alive.

I did just have a set back. I was set to be discharged. They gave me some Metamucil to help with some blockage. That sat in my stomach for about 45 minutes then I vomited. That caused all the muscles around the kidney to tighten followed by severe pain. I waited 30 minutes hoping it would go away. It didn't and I reported it. They gave me another dose of morphine which now will give me a 0% chance to go home tonight as my Dr is very worried about pain control.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #274
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well damn, you picked a helluva day to stop dropping acid
Old 12-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #275
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I coached 5 year olds in football 3 seasons ago. Best described by this:

"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 12-13-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #276
Ironhead
College Prospect

My wife asked me today "How is the guy on FOF with the kidney thing?" Any updates?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:46 AM   #277
SegRat
High School Varsity

Doing better. Pain is mostly gone. I'm off work until January 28. I have a CT scan to take before I'm cleared back to work. That is when I will find out the full extent of what happened.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:52 AM   #278
Groundhog
Coordinator

#freehellatlantic
Old 12-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #279
Desnudo
Coordinator

After spending many months trying to get my 3 year old in a bathtub, I would say 0

Last edited by Desnudo : 12-22-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #280
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nuggets rookie Jusuf Nurkic's dad is a 7', 400-pound cop - SBNation.com

So I came across this while reading about the awesome Nurkic Technical that happened last night.

His dad beat 14 grown ups in a fight, stands 7' and is 400lbs. How many 5 year olds can paps Nurkic take.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #281
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Nuggets rookie Jusuf Nurkic's dad is a 7', 400-pound cop - SBNation.com

So I came across this while reading about the awesome Nurkic Technical that happened last night.

His dad beat 14 grown ups in a fight, stands 7' and is 400lbs. How many 5 year olds can paps Nurkic take.

nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:50 AM   #282
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I believe Game of Thrones tried to answer this question last night.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #283
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #284
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

I said the same thing to my wife as we were watching this.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:35 PM   #285
cuervo72
Head Coach

Soooo.......

5-Year-Old Who Left Teacher Hospitalized in Pembroke Pines School Attack Won’t Be Charged – NBC 6 South Florida
Old 03-07-2022, 11:10 PM   #286
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My wife read that to me earlier today and I almost dug up this thread to post it. Ha!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:18 PM   #287
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Fusco said it's the third time the teacher was taken from the classroom in an ambulance because of injuries from the same student.

If this happens 4 or 5 more times I feel like they should do something to address it.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:13 AM   #288
Groundhog
Coordinator

Having dealt with 5 year olds in real life on a regular basis I would like to revisit my estimates.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #289
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Thanos decided to test this theory...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 09:59 AM   #290
QuikSand
lolzcat

great thread revival, good work
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote