Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #401
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
What I know is this: I was invaded by another magic. I lost a power I originally had and got a substitute (and weaker) power in return. That's about all I want to say about it at this point.

Pretty much. Sounds like we had the same night.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
i gotta vote somewhere and heinz is way smarter than me so

vote lathum

are you kidding me?

lol

you do realize schmidty scanned me last night?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #403
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and you created a 3 way tie
Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #404
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I feel pretty good about Lathum, hoops, and SnDvls. I feel ok about path, also. I'm worried about Barkeep, Swaggs, and saldana. I'm most worried about jeheinz and claphamsa.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #405
hoopsguy
General Manager

I tend to agree that Lathum represents one of the worst possible votes at this point in time. I wish he was voting for someone else, but he is a bad choice based on what we know right now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #406
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

unvote hoops
vote claphamsa

his vote stinks
Old 12-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #407
st.cronin
General Manager

Did anybody ask Sn why he targeted me? What was he hoping to do? I didn't see any discussion on that.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #408
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
unvote hoops
vote claphamsa

his vote stinks

i agree...care to explain why you are voting for someone that has been scanned and cleared?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #409
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, his vote smells like a save attempt to me..
Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #410
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm going back and reviewing the Swaggs vote from yesterday. It went in at 6:42PM CST, over 2 hours and 15 minutes before the final bell sounded. The vote leaders - me, Pass, and SnDvls all tied - each had two votes.

Saldana, based on your reaction to it I was thinking it was coming in the last hour. As you noted, you did react to it at the time, but that post was at 7:13 - there were still a couple of hours left.

Did it make sense to pick one of the leaders? Yeah, but his vote put his candidate one vote back.

I can probably be talked into a Swaggs vote, but I'm not sold on this reason for voting him right now.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #411
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Did anybody ask Sn why he targeted me? What was he hoping to do? I didn't see any discussion on that.

He has posted on it. I can find the quote or wait for him to answer again, whatever you would prefer.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #412
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, is there any harm in pointing out where you were going with your action prior to SnDvls tweaking it last night?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #413
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #414:

Swaggs - Saldana (382), SnDvls (400)
Clap - Cronin (406), Lathum (408)
Lathum - JEHeinz (333), Clap (402)
Cronin - Barkeep (270)
Hoops - Schmidty (378)

Not voted: Hoops, Path, JE, Swaggs, MrW
Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #414
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, is there any harm in pointing out where you were going with your action prior to SnDvls tweaking it last night?

I'm not sure about harm, but there is zero benefit to me talking about what actions (if any) I either had intended to carry out or actually carried out last night.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #415
st.cronin
General Manager

If you can find the post I'd appreciate it, hoops.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #416
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
are you kidding me?

lol

you do realize schmidty scanned me last night?
]

Actually no i didnt notice that

Damnit!

there go my ideas. ugh. lazy me

unvote lantham

Im open to any ideas, I think the swaggs vote is rediculous, (some of us dont always pay the best attention, not that thats a bad reason to kill them) And going back im not seeign any reason to vote hoops guy so.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #417
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK, I'm going back and reviewing the Swaggs vote from yesterday. It went in at 6:42PM CST, over 2 hours and 15 minutes before the final bell sounded. The vote leaders - me, Pass, and SnDvls all tied - each had two votes.

Saldana, based on your reaction to it I was thinking it was coming in the last hour. As you noted, you did react to it at the time, but that post was at 7:13 - there were still a couple of hours left.

Did it make sense to pick one of the leaders? Yeah, but his vote put his candidate one vote back.

I can probably be talked into a Swaggs vote, but I'm not sold on this reason for voting him right now.

reason it pinged my radar was because it wasnt really introducing a candidate...it felt more like a muddying of the waters to me...it was day one, there was no support for what he was doing.

that plus the fact that he didnt even say anything about it after i called him out about it made me feel like he was just trying to vote for the sake of voting.

his vote is actually the main reason i am not voting for claphamsa right now...if i work from the assumption that swaggs is an avatar, he would likely have made sure he set up a good voting record and voted for an elemental yesterday
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #418
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm here and caught up.

I don't see why my random, day 1 vote is real worthy of scrutiny. Particularly when there were a lot of votes that moved close to the deadline. I wanted to get a vote in between work and going out to dinner.

If anyone has questions about my vote, fire away.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #419
saldana
Pro Starter

is it just me, or did i just not make very much sense?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #420
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm here and caught up.

I don't see why my random, day 1 vote is real worthy of scrutiny. Particularly when there were a lot of votes that moved close to the deadline. I wanted to get a vote in between work and going out to dinner.

If anyone has questions about my vote, fire away.

sure, my question is, as it has been, why introduce a new random vote when there were already 5 people on the board with votes, instead of actually doing something that contributes to the day's activities?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #421
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
reason it pinged my radar was because it wasnt really introducing a candidate...it felt more like a muddying of the waters to me...it was day one, there was no support for what he was doing.

that plus the fact that he didnt even say anything about it after i called him out about it made me feel like he was just trying to vote for the sake of voting.

his vote is actually the main reason i am not voting for claphamsa right now...if i work from the assumption that swaggs is an avatar, he would likely have made sure he set up a good voting record and voted for an elemental yesterday

As to you calling me out about it, I generally do not to acknowledge it or draw too much attention to it when a single person votes for me early on. It usually tends to make you look like you have a reason to defend yourself, which can be enough to make you look bad during the early going.

As to the vote itself, it was day one and before a whole lot had happened. It was random, as I always do on day 1 (when forced to vote).
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #422
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'll I got was the previously reported visitor info and that I was successful in altering his powers, nothing else.

I made my final decision on what Barkeep brought up about his actions from yesterday.

There is the quote I recalled, Cronin. He was alluding to Barkeep's posts where he questioned you for not moving your vote during Day 1.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #423
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I'm curious about your action for Day 1 because I know someone performed a ritual on me. Path says he targeted me but his powers were tweaked and he didn't learn about me. I don't know if he was the person I sensed performing a ritual or if it was someone else.

So, I'm wondering if the person you were targeting knows that you had targeted them. Obviously if you were using different powers then mileage may vary. But I'm trying to make sense of what happened last night and thinking you might be able to help me connect a dot or two.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #424
st.cronin
General Manager

Thanks, hoops. I was hoping for more insight. I'm no longer as sure about Sn as I was before. Why would an elemental do that, what was he hoping to accomplish?

unvote claphamsa

VOTE SNDVLS

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #425
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, I'm curious about your action for Day 1 because I know someone performed a ritual on me. Path says he targeted me but his powers were tweaked and he didn't learn about me. I don't know if he was the person I sensed performing a ritual or if it was someone else.

So, I'm wondering if the person you were targeting knows that you had targeted them. Obviously if you were using different powers then mileage may vary. But I'm trying to make sense of what happened last night and thinking you might be able to help me connect a dot or two.

I understand your curiosity, but your curiosity is not enough reason for me to play that card yet.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #426
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
As to the vote itself, it was day one and before a whole lot had happened. It was random, as I always do on day 1 (when forced to vote).

and thats what my problem with it was....alot had happened for a day one...yes there was alot of maneuvering at the end, but at the time of day that you voted, there were already enough votes cast that the time for random, useless picks was over.

as Barkeep always says, information is everything, and by intentionally not participating in the vote, you were, ipso facto, denying us information.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #427
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
sure, my question is, as it has been, why introduce a new random vote when there were already 5 people on the board with votes, instead of actually doing something that contributes to the day's activities?

I always vote random on day 1 and when I vote 4 hours before the deadline, I really do not take the other votes into consideration, especially when things are spread out like that. I was basically trying to get a vote in, in case I wasn't back from dinner by the deadline (I forget it was on central time).
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #428
st.cronin
General Manager

Let me make the case:

Suppose, as an elemental, you have the ability to change somebody's power. How would you use this? You would use this, I think, on somebody who had already claimed to use a bodyguard ability. I maintain that no elemental would use that on day 1, as that would make no sense. I believe both path and I were interfered with by avatars. Perhaps they all have the same abilities, and that ability came under the sign of the squid. That means 3 avatars (probably) - 2 who damaged our abilities (note that both path and I got WEAKER powers), and 1 who carried out a kill.

Tell me what's wrong with this.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #429
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I dont really see anything, but i havent been on my game today

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #430
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I'll leave it for others who are more directly involved to answer but I can definitely see a case where an Elemental uses the power. Do you use it on Day 1? That is a more interesting question.

Going to be in and out up to the deadline. Of the candidates with votes I'm not going to vote for Lathum and probably not SnDvls. I'm less likely to vote for Path and Cronin, based on information published on power alteration. Oh, and obviously not self-voting. So that leaves Clap as the choice. I'll put it here as a place-holder for now, but be very willing to change if someone has a compelling reason the next time I poke my head in.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA
Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #431
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, one other question: what are the odds on two elementals having the same ability under the same sign?

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #432
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

depends if they are similar elementals or if it was all randomly done. I havent been playing long enough to know what is likely.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #433
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cronin, I'll leave it for others who are more directly involved to answer but I can definitely see a case where an Elemental uses the power. Do you use it on Day 1? That is a more interesting question.

Going to be in and out up to the deadline. Of the candidates with votes I'm not going to vote for Lathum and probably not SnDvls. I'm less likely to vote for Path and Cronin, based on information published on power alteration. Oh, and obviously not self-voting. So that leaves Clap as the choice. I'll put it here as a place-holder for now, but be very willing to change if someone has a compelling reason the next time I poke my head in.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

i am amused by the fact that again, everything concerning swaggs doesnt even appear here.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #434
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am guessing it is a long shot that two players with the same ability would be able to use them under the same sign.

It is my opinion that there are some pretty unconventional (and in some cases, pretty underwhelming) abilities out there, so the line of thinking that there that the traditional roles are there and possibly repeated doesn't seem right to me.

Or, maybe I'm the only one who got an odd ability.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #435
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Ok, one other question: what are the odds on two elementals having the same ability under the same sign?

I think this is a better question. And I don't know who used the power on Path, only that Jonathan said he had the power among his set. I'm making a leap when I suggest that he used it last night, as I have no idea if it would have been under Squid or if he pulled the trigger.

However, I know for sure that SnDvls used his power on you last night. The fact that he did this makes him less likely than a blind draw for me as an Avatar because I don't think he would have been able to do this and kill at the same time. SnDvls is the only person I know this to be true, and as far as I know is one of only two people who has someone vouching for his action (with him vouching for me as the other). Schmidty is vouching for Lathum as good, which is even better, but it is not vouching for an action.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #436
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I'd really like to hear from JE then.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #437
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
i am amused by the fact that again, everything concerning swaggs doesnt even appear here.

To me, you are bordering on making yourself look like you are trying to sway momentum to me and I just don't see what I did that was that out of character or out of line.

When I voted (several hours before the deadline and after quickly skimming the thread between work and dinner), there were five people that had received votes and three of them had two votes each.

It seems odd, to me, that I am the one who stands out because of my vote, when a number of people changed their votes, there were late vote swings at the deadline, and why the timing and/or the number of voters stands out when I did it? Schmidty and MrWednesday voted for other people that didn't have votes, within an hour of when I did, but that didn't raise your eyebrows? Yet my vote did and you are still trying to call me out on it, even after I've tried to explain my vote.

If I had known that 5 hours and 10 minutes, rather than 6 hours AND 4 people, rather than 5 people was the cutoff for voting for a random person on day 1, I guess I would have randomly picked one of the other four people to avoid two days of your scrutiny.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #438
SnDvls
Pro Starter

back from the dance class
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #439
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

You are right, I missed him in the recap of guys with votes. I'm willing to be persuaded on Swaggs, I'm just not going on the Day 1 vote a couple of hours before deadline as a throwaway argument.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #440
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well, I'd really like to hear from JE then.

Me too.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #441
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Can we read anything into the choice of PurdueBrad as the night kill?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #442
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Frankly, all I see with Swaggs is a random day 1 vote that may or may not mean something more (and that you are sure does). Whereas with Cronin's thinking I see a better choice for possible attackers. Am I missing something? Swaggs may very well be bad, but I need a little more to go on than what I've seen.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #443
path12
Coordinator

I've got to run. I'd love to see what JE has to say also, but in the meantime I have to get a vote in. The fact that hoops saw Sn use his power on Cronin and the result that occurred makes the difference to me.

VOTE SNDVLS

Back sometime after deadline.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #444
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Can we read anything into the choice of PurdueBrad as the night kill?

I would guess because he was under the radar and they figured the lynch would be between SnDvls and hoops today.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #445
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I don't have a 2/2 split, but I do share the same power as SnDvls. Do the Avatars have the same powers that the elementals do?

Here's JE's post. At the time, Sn was tied for the lead. I believe Sn was also tied for the lead when he himself revealed his ability.

Would really, really like to hear from JE.

knives out
Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #446
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Here's JE's post. At the time, Sn was tied for the lead. I believe Sn was also tied for the lead when he himself revealed his ability.

Would really, really like to hear from JE.

Heinze hasnt said anythign in a while has he? I keep thinking that JE is JEHeinze

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #447
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Heinze hasnt said anythign in a while has he? I keep thinking that JE is JEHeinze

who do you think we are talking about?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #448
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone have a vote total?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #449
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
who do you think we are talking about?

Heinze. not john ezariak

oppps, bumb mistakes take 2!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #450
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

We really need to call jeheinz JEH or JH. JE is the only usable shorthand for Ezarik.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote