Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #2701
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

My son, thievery does not become one of your bloodline.

Placeholder attack. Polaris is stirring. I should return before night falls.

STANDARD ATTACK ON THE BEAST
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #2702
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I got something this morning saying you appeared to have an item, I am now using said item on you. Lets hope you die of radiation poisoning like Firebird.

So are you saying that you think Mr Fantastic actually killed Firebird using the device that you now have?

Help us understand your motives.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #2703
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
So are you saying that you think Mr Fantastic actually killed Firebird using the device that you now have?

Kind of hard to do that, considering the device is not a weapon, does not emit radiation and I was no where near Firebird. Other than that though!!
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #2704
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
I dont trust you, if you were on the good side. you would have used it already! I will examine the device and find out what it REALLY does, then will act accordingly.

and we should just believe whatever you tell us right?
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #2705
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Kind of hard to do that, considering the device is not a weapon, does not emit radiation and I was no where near Firebird. Other than that though!!

Right. But his implication was that you've been lying about what the device does.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #2706
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:

Well that would be the optimal outcome, but no I think hes just not using it because he needs Doom to tell him to grab someone, so when they turn out to be good, he wont get lynched. If he was in fact good and on OUR side, he would have protected someone by now.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #2707
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Quicksilver runs up to Mr.Fantastic and begins pushing buttons on the device. There is a low hum from the metal object that resonates throughout the great hall. A shimmering light emerges and washes over Reed Richards, whose faces contorts as you see his form begin to disappear ...
Well, looks like he figured it out.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #2708
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
and we should just believe whatever you tell us right?

Considering the only way to tell is to use it, well all see soon enough.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #2709
HenryPym
Mascot

oh man this could be either incredibly wonderful or incredibly horrible
Old 10-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #2710
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Right. But his implication was that you've been lying about what the device does.

The implication is that hes a wolf with a device that cant be used as a wolf easily.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #2711
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

So did Mr. F just get sent to the Negative Zone?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #2712
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
oh man this could be either incredibly wonderful or incredibly horrible

Considering how we are getting rolled by the baddies, I think its worth the risk.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #2713
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The implication is that hes a wolf with a device that cant be used as a wolf easily.

Or, he was telling the truth and that device sends people to the Negative Zone, where seems to have disappeared to, and we all lynch you for basically trying to kill a good guy. Either or really.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #2714
Quicksilver
n00b

Yeah, pretty much. He has been sent to the negative zone. But no info as to if he is good or not. Crap!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #2715
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:

Why would it not be able to be used by the wolves easily?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #2716
Punisher
High School JV

You seriously thought the device you stole would kill him?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #2717
HenryPym
Mascot

hey Quicksilver,

are you allowed to give this device to anybody now that you've stolen and used it?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #2718
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I really think we need to focus on this, instead of Firebird/Beast. If Firebird is lying, and doesn't die, we kill her. If she's telling the truth, we kill Beast.

Brother dear -- who among these Heroes would have thought that you would be the one of us to betray our cause? I would say that I'm shocked, but given how closely you cling to Father publicly, I can easily imagine a repressed hatred toward him inside you, manifesting itself in support for that absurd rebellion.

STANDARD ATTACK QUICKSILVER
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #2719
Punisher
High School JV

If he could, and wanted the good graces of Doom, I think it's safe to assume he would have given it to Doom. Since he didn't, it's safe to assume he doesn't care about being on Doom's good side or that he couldn't hand it off.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #2720
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I really think we need to focus on this, instead of Firebird/Beast. If Firebird is lying, and doesn't die, we kill her. If she's telling the truth, we kill Beast.

Exactly. I think the Beast/Firebird dynamic works itself out by tomorrow, so we should focus on QS tonight (unless something else develops between now and lynch).
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #2721
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
hey Quicksilver,

are you allowed to give this device to anybody now that you've stolen and used it?

I could ask, but why?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2722
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Honestly, Magnet Man, both of them are on my suspicion list. I don't trust either.

Because? At least Magneto gave some reasoning.

Is it official that Lord Doom has cleared Jean Grey? I do see that if her story is accurate and she was attacked then it gives her some leeway, but I do not think that becoming the Phoenix alone makes it a certainty she is good.

I have taken three missions to Galactus before the last one to Egypt. I spent 11 energy during the first two, and was down to 1 the third one. I was able to spare 3 for the Egypt mission, where I was able to help Aardwolf find the lair.

I have also served loyally as First Prelate and then as a regular member to both Apocalypse and Lord Doom. I have shared my vision from last night regarding Galactus as well.

It is understood none of this clears me until and unless I am somehow scanned. However, I would be curious to see which of my actions have caused any additional scrutiny, because I am confident that my actions have plainly been for the good of the realm.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2723
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
If he could, and wanted the good graces of Doom, I think it's safe to assume he would have given it to Doom. Since he didn't, it's safe to assume he doesn't care about being on Doom's good side or that he couldn't hand it off.

Well that or it never occurred to me.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2724
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

So we're thinking Quick is bad because basically he attempted to off one of our more trusted folks? Piss poor execution on his part.

I'm starting to lean towards shaking this tree out over Beast/Firebird as well. I was resistent because a good alternative wasn't there. But with Mr. F being vocal in wanting to sort out Beast/Firebird maybe Quicksilver wanted to try and snuff him out first.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #2725
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
You seriously thought the device you stole would kill him?

I seriously thought that if he was telling the truth about what his device did, he would have used it. I had no idea what it did, it appears he was telling the truth.

So why the hell didn't he use it before?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #2726
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Because? At least Magneto gave some reasoning.
For the exact reasoning that Magneto said. I don't see reason to turn around and say the same thing that he did. I merely agreed.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #2727
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I seriously thought that if he was telling the truth about what his device did, he would have used it. I had no idea what it did, it appears he was telling the truth.

I believe he was waiting to be told who to use it on.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #2728
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
I could ask, but why?

Well now that you've seen the results of your action were not as you intended, would you like to reverse it? Or is your distrust of Mr. Fantastic the same as before you used the device.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #2729
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Well that or it never occurred to me.
If it never occurred to you then you may just be a rambling wreck. Try to think something through next time.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #2730
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

He was waiting for Doom was my understanding. I think he asked him a couple pages back.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #2731
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
So we're thinking Quick is bad because basically he attempted to off one of our more trusted folks? Piss poor execution on his part.

I'm starting to lean towards shaking this tree out over Beast/Firebird as well. I was resistent because a good alternative wasn't there. But with Mr. F being vocal in wanting to sort out Beast/Firebird maybe Quicksilver wanted to try and snuff him out first.

When did he become one of our most trusted folks?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #2732
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:

I'm thinking the same thing...it's almost as if there's a smokescreen blowing in.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #2733
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

$5 says he conveniently can't figure out how to get someone *out* of the Negative Zone.

I wonder if this will impact if we can use the Neg Zone at all anymore. Maybe he broke it, stuck mr. f in there and Mr. F is the only one who knows how to use it, so both the Zone and Mr. F are going to be MIA for a long while, possibly the rest of the game.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #2734
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
When did he become one of our most trusted folks?

Well, he was Doom's first prelate. And well, given that I was believing him on the neg zone well, once it worked I was moving him up on my list of trust.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #2735
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Well now that you've seen the results of your action were not as you intended, would you like to reverse it? Or is your distrust of Mr. Fantastic the same as before you used the device.

It is less so, but I still dont trust him.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #2736
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:

I'm guessing here, but probably because he needed a free night action to create it, and once created a free action today to use it.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #2737
Spider-Man
n00b

I've felt Mr F. was one of the more trustworthy guys as well, FWIW. Nothing too concrete there - more of a gut feel.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #2738
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
$5 says he conveniently can't figure out how to get someone *out* of the Negative Zone.

I wonder if this will impact if we can use the Neg Zone at all anymore. Maybe he broke it, stuck mr. f in there and Mr. F is the only one who knows how to use it, so both the Zone and Mr. F are going to be MIA for a long while, possibly the rest of the game.

Mr F will be out with his next action. So said hoops. There is no point in me doing anything (I used my action to use it on him).
Old 10-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #2739
Punisher
High School JV

I'm out for a bit. I'm off to the shipyard to say hi to some Russians.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #2740
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Mr F will be out with his next action. So said hoops. There is no point in me doing anything (I used my action to use it on him).

But in the meantime you've managed to kill off any chance of us getting to put someone we want in there...NNIIIICCE.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #2741
HenryPym
Mascot

Lord Doom,

What are you thoughts on this and Mr. Fantastic in particular, especially given the information Phoenix has provided on her attackers?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #2742
Aardwolf
n00b

attack QuickSilver

I am not getting a good scent from QuickSilver. I need to feed on a rebel and I need to feed soon.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #2743
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Quicksilver, you greatly displease Lord Doom. However, if this is the work of a traitor it seems poorly thought out. The device was meant to protect one of our own, and now it does so. Mr. Fantastic felt it would offer opportunities inside, and now he is there to explore them. The traitors seem better organized than to order such a ridiculous function.

Quicksilver's behavior smacks of a traitor, but I am unsure what his motivation would be. Doom will ponder this.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #2744
HenryPym
Mascot

well after listening to the discussion on Beast/Firebird, I've decided its too important to focus the lynch on one them for the information it will give us.

STANDARD ATTACK: BEAST
Old 10-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #2745
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Henry Pym, to answer your question, I have no reason to suspect Mr. Fantastic of anything. So far he has done exactly as he has stated, and has performed every task as I asked it of him.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #2746
thephoenix
n00b

I'm not a big fan of this whole Firebird/Beast bit. I'm even LESS of a fan of attacking Beast.

I can't decide if Quicksilver made a hero play, which would still be a poor one considering the fact that I have said there is a device out there contributing to night kills, or if he made such a transparently obvious "bad" move that he felt it would be a good move. In other words, he's a bad guy and going to use the "why would I do this if I were bad?" excuse. Like I said I'm still debating where to rain down justice.
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #2747
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm of the same mind as you Phoenix. I can't determine if it's at the point of being SUCH a bad play for a wolf that it is in essence a good one.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #2748
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Of course I also used that line of reasoning (why would a traitor be so obvious as to only go on Galactus missions) with regard to myself and Magneto questioning me earlier.

But seriously though, I"m a good guy. I'm open to anything that proves it as such, if someone were to suggest things.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #2749
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

DR. DOOM ORDERS IRON FIST TO GUARD DOOM TONIGHT
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #2750
HenryPym
Mascot

I personally feel that Quicksilver was trying to be a hero and clear himself in the process and it didn't go as he expected. Having said that, I wouldn't put it past a sneaky evil team to concoct this plan. The timing of it given the fact that it looks like we finally may have found one of their number in Firebird/Beast though does not make sense as it would give us a second rebel in Quicksilver