Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #1651
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I don't think he was the "overall" leader just the leader of the vamps clan that is working with the wolves and other bad guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Due to your knowledge of the Servants you are able to research his role.

Order of Vladd, Second Rank – You are a vampire and the leader of this group of Servants of the Red Death. At night, you can be sent to either try to corrupt or to kill. During the day, just once during the game, you can Enthrall someone. That person will be forced to change their vote and will be unable to change it back. You must do this at least one hour before the deadline. You are immune to dying through any method other than via an attack on The Priest (but not a corruption) and the Sacred Flame. You cannot be identified by the Adept and you will kill the Detective if you encounter him at night spying on you. You will instantly know if you have been targeted by someone, but not who or why. You have a Night Ability, Mesmerize, which you can only use once, on Night One.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #1652
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I don't think I can recall cf ever going so hard after someone

autumn would disagree with you.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #1653
Danny
Head Coach

Ah maybe, still looks like he was at least one of the two more important wolves.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #1654
MrBug708
Head Coach

What happens when you have a villager in your sights?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #1655
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Due to your knowledge of the Servants you are able to research his role.

Order of Vladd, Second Rank – You are a vampire and the leader of this group of Servants of the Red Death. At night, you can be sent to either try to corrupt or to kill. During the day, just once during the game, you can Enthrall someone. That person will be forced to change their vote and will be unable to change it back. You must do this at least one hour before the deadline. You are immune to dying through any method other than via an attack on The Priest (but not a corruption) and the Sacred Flame. You cannot be identified by the Adept and you will kill the Detective if you encounter him at night spying on you. You will instantly know if you have been targeted by someone, but not who or why. You have a Night Ability, Mesmerize, which you can only use once, on Night One.

quoted for more truth, boldfaced for importance, and italicized for pizzazz.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #1656
Danny
Head Coach

Mr. Bug, you have to acknowledge that case against you, if you do turn out villager, oh well. It's still the right play to come after you.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #1657
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ah maybe, still looks like he was at least one of the two more important [b]bad guys[\b].

Corrected it for ya....i don't want people getting hung up on just wolves as there are at least two factions there. They might not even be able to communicate
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #1658
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, your correction is right. I meant wolf as general bad guys.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #1659
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Mr. Bug, you have to acknowledge that case against you, if you do turn out villager, oh well. It's still the right play to come after you.

Formulate a backup candidate
Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #1660
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, here is my top three candidates for today.

1. Mr. Bug
2. Senor. Bug
3. Monsieur. bug

Better?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #1661
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not very warm
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #1662
Danny
Head Coach

That was just a joke. I've made my case clear in case I am killed tonight, so I will back off for now.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #1663
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Ok, here is my top three candidates for today.

1. Mr. Bug
2. Senor. Bug
3. Monsieur. bug

Better?

I laughed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #1664
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I laughed.

Me too
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1665
MrBug708
Head Coach

I hope you aren't killed either
Old 10-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #1666
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Commo and Hoops both look good, a wolf probably just lets the one or two lone votes toil and helps set a different second candidate to Mr. Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
First off, awesome to end up with a main bad guy in the vote.

If I was looking at being gone for the deadline (wasn't sure when I voted) as a wolf/Servant, I wouldn't have stuck the vote on Zinto and contributed to early momentum on him. I would have either not voted, and apologized for being so busy with work (I was - didn't get done until 20 minutes ago) or voted on someone to try and spark an alternate candidate.

Beyond that, as a wolf I try to get out in front and grab all the attention from the quieter players - something I haven't remotely done this game. Most of my more passive play is schedule driven, but I think I would still try to find ways to provide cover for teammates if I was a bad guy.

Today I was fortunate enough to have a good vote and thrilled to see that the Lightbringers brought it home. I would be thrilled to see this become a trend

Still getting spooled up on what happened today, but now that I'm able to type instead of swype here was my reasoning for Zinto. Early vote day one then no change, no big deal, but interesting. Bigger problem, voting history day two, the move to Lathum when it is so close, so late and risk tying, I thought it was a move to possibly fish for another reveal. Just didn't seem on the up and up. As for the quotes above, I kind of am getting the same vibe on Hoops, haven't finished really looking into today yet, but not sure why you think good of him because he stuck an early vote on him and just left. Seems convenient, possibly didn't switch because it was a wolf-wolf as Thomakal I believe was a good candidate too. Just throwing thoughts out, possibly will change up after reading more.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #1667
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, also not getting great feelings about Narc, granted he is away during lots of this, but three throwaway votes, including one on a known roled villager and another on a possibly roled villager. Not to mention his suggesting I not look much into yesterdays voting, which seemed very odd and led me to believe Zinto was not on the up and up.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #1668
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who is ready for the day to fall?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-06-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #1669
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm here
Old 10-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #1670
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*holds up an umbrella*
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #1671
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

If the wolves don't buck up their ideas then this game is going to be shorter than you'd hope. Judging by his powers Zinto must have been an original wolf and we can be pretty certain that there was a conversion on night one, unless it was blocked. You'd also expect some sort of save to be attempted for Zinto if he was around as he had a bunch of powers. Kind of means that the NTN voters are back on the table but with a new set of Zinto voters off the table instead.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #1672
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Dola, also not getting great feelings about Narc, granted he is away during lots of this, but three throwaway votes, including one on a known roled villager and another on a possibly roled villager. Not to mention his suggesting I not look much into yesterdays voting, which seemed very odd and led me to believe Zinto was not on the up and up.

You see the thing is my votes weren't throwaway at the time I left. I can't do more than that. And my mckerney vote wouldn't have been a throwaway if he hadn't revealed.

I still don't understand how the end of day two voting leads you to believing that Zinto was a baddy - when it was villager, villager, probable villager. If anything it was Zinto moving his vote latish that made me happier about him. But obviously you were right and I was wrong so fair enough.

Actually my votes have stuck on two roled villagers and one unknown so, yeah, that part isn't a gold star in my merit list. But I agree that I'm a good candidate for being loomed at. Strongly even.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #1673
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What was that?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #1674
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That was a scream, but it was mingled with something, else...

Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #1675
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dun Dun Dun
Old 10-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #1676
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The crackle of magic can be felt in the air. It lingers like the aura of a rainstorm. Your senses tingle and your hair stands on end as someone used the eldritch forces of yore recently.

You move towards the scream, and find the room of the Abjurer. You move in,, and find that he successfully cast a spell on himself to protect from any corruption. Unfortunately, whatever came through that door wasn't interested in corruption. His body was rent into three pieces, with various bits consumed.

Danny has been killed.

Night has risen and Day arrived. Day Four ends at 10:00 pm EST Thursday.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #1677
MrBug708
Head Coach

Damn
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #1678
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Vote Bug
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #1679
MrBug708
Head Coach

Danny wasn't someone I wanted to see die
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #1680
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well that's not fantastic.

Makes me wonder about the conversion-mechanic as I don't see why the wolves would kill Danny rather than try to convert him. Maybe they've used up their abilities in that respect. I guess the sheriff was thinking the same thing or was on a known role.

Still leading the village onto two wolves is pretty much better than must of us manage. In 10 games. And Crimson is going to have to really pick up the posting slack now.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #1681
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fire Alarm in teh dorms, whoot!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #1682
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

pick it up? I built the whole house!

That was expected I think. Gonna miss you Danny! Didn't expect him to be abjurer or any role really.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #1683
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Fire Alarm in teh dorms, whoot!

My least favorite part of living on campus. Also this is off topic totally of this forums but Wayne is one of the schools I thought about going to(I am from Royal Oak)

Also lame that you guys killed me
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #1684
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Ok, my long list of stuff I've come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
wtf hoops for sure!

This was made after the day two stuff, I'm not sure why you didn't include Zinto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well let me start the day with a vote. One of the people who voted for both lynch victims. With the luck we are having in this game so far, I've likely hit another roled lightbringer.

vote mauboy

This seemed very odd to me as well, definitely a candidate I wouldn't mind voting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Reading through their posts I get decentish vibes from SnDvls and Zinto. Leaves Eagle, Bug and Thomkal. Wouldn't mind a run off of these guys. If the draft thingy is over I'd like to see a bit more from Eagle.

Vote EagleFan

See if he has anything to say for himself today.

Can you explain why you had decentish vibes on zinto and why you voted eagle it seemed like you weren't even sure he would be a strong candidate?

Quote:
The next grouping of people possbily to look at is:

Chief, Eagle, Gramma, Commo, Thomkal

Quote:
Just "kinda quiet today" people.
More "wanna hear from you more today" than "think you're a wolf". Commo was talking a LOT before and now isn't actually.

Still on the side of good, but I was more active on day one because I got off a little earlier from work and tend to do more of my posting at night as my phone is a pain to type on.

Quote:
Hmmm I kinda wanted a 3 horse race so this isn't what I expected.

Why did you want a three horse race and who did you want in the race?

Quote:
in a VERY short period of time. And I was just following Danny really as I liked his idea.

Have to say this has pinged me as well, I get following someone because you like a reason, but it seemed kind of fishy with how quick it was trying to relate your voting with Danny whom most feel, and later was proved, to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
yep I kinda figured it would swing back to me tonight. Those of you who played with me in some of the last three games I played in will remember that I was a villager in all three, pleaded with you, pointed out why you shouldn't be voting for me, did not do a fake reveal to try to save myself. It went mostly on deaf ears, and all three times I was a villager.

This is the case again. I'm an villager yet again, so I ask that perhaps you should trust me this time and not lynch me.

Not sure why, but this screams wolf to me. Maybe it is just because I hate when they use this type of thing in sports, but would you really say anything different if you were a wolf?

Quote:
okay waiting more shenanigans...

unvote j23
vote thomkal

Granted you switched later, but this could be seen as a vote to try and save zinto hoping a person on him would switch off, granted you later switched and I understand your reasoning trying to see who would follow, but still interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
VOTE THOMKAL

I'm just getting a feeling you were a day one convert and this doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Time for last minute reveals, folks. I think both are probably villagers, but I was worried Thomkal might be an important one.

Why did you feel both were villagers. Not feeling great about you know, while you voted both NTN and Zinto, seems like you had no real reason at all for voting either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I understand your argument, CF, but you have to admit it looks odd. You followed Danny almost immediately any time he switched votes, said you were going to vote Zinto, and then when it came time to, you didn't. He turned up to be a wolf. You have to see how that *could* look like you were hoping things would go to Thomkal instead.

Agreed, as stated above.

Quote:
Just summarzing, it looks very clear that Mr. Bug did not want to vote Zinto and Zinto did want to vote Mr.. Bug. Both quickly jumped ship to Thomkal after I set him as a candidate. Additionally, both Bug and Zinto are the types to play it safe as a wolf and try and avoid voting that way.

Great insight, he was my #2 or 3 choice yesterday so why not elevate him to #1 today because of this.

Quote:
Yes and why would Zinto not vote Mr. Bug, but quickly switch to Thomkal once he received a vote.

Quote:
Haha...people are complaining that I was not active enough so I'm active (not subbing) and I'm suspicious...

I don't think that it was because you were not active, but more your voting. Additionally the whole zinto thing is a major black mark.

Quote:
Uh no, look at the case I laid out, it has nothing to do with your activity level. But you are getting awfully defensive.

Quote:
quoted for more truth, boldfaced for importance, and italicized for pizzazz.

I loved this post.

Quote:
You see the thing is my votes weren't throwaway at the time I left. I can't do more than that. And my mckerney vote wouldn't have been a throwaway if he hadn't revealed.

I still don't understand how the end of day two voting leads you to believing that Zinto was a baddy - when it was villager, villager, probable villager. If anything it was Zinto moving his vote latish that made me happier about him. But obviously you were right and I was wrong so fair enough.

Actually my votes have stuck on two roled villagers and one unknown so, yeah, that part isn't a gold star in my merit list. But I agree that I'm a good candidate for being loomed at. Strongly even.

I agree they weren't all throwaways per se, but the EF vote just seemed like a throwaway. As for the day two voting, what got me was what I interpreted as his desire to bring the vote close to a tie and create confusion with only minutes to lynch which could have lead to an inadvertent tie where we lynch three villagers. I just think a vote that late shouldn't be made to muddy the waters of a three way race but rather turn it to a two way race or just leave it where it is at since that is where he ended up. I don't think your a strong candidate yet, but as you stated, and I feel, definitely someone to look at.

Quote:
Damn

Don't you mean woohoo! JK
Old 10-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #1685
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well that's not fantastic.

Makes me wonder about the conversion-mechanic as I don't see why the wolves would kill Danny rather than try to convert him. Maybe they've used up their abilities in that respect. I guess the sheriff was thinking the same thing or was on a known role.

Still leading the village onto two wolves is pretty much better than must of us manage. In 10 games. And Crimson is going to have to really pick up the posting slack now.

My fear is that the sheriff has been converted.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #1686
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, maybe I should have made my long post into 16 separate posts to boost the post count of the game.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #1687
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
My least favorite part of living on campus. Also this is off topic totally of this forums but Wayne is one of the schools I thought about going to(I am from Royal Oak)

Also lame that you guys killed me

I like Royal Oak. I like going on dates on main street or playing putt putt there. Avalon Bakery? Hot.

I know some peops from Royal Oak, but they are all 22 and younger. You know the young crowd there?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #1688
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Dola, maybe I should have made my long post into 16 separate posts to boost the post count of the game.

Now you're learning!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #1689
Danny
Head Coach

Good luck village! Purge the red death!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #1690
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bye Danny! We don't do nasty things to your corpse! We shall bury it honorably next to a playground or garden.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #1691
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have meetings in the morning so very little availability until the pm. See you then!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:15 AM   #1692
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Online alone with 37 bots and Danny's corpse. I'm frightened. Oh so frightened.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #1693
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Bye Danny! We don't do nasty things to your corpse! We shall bury it honorably next to a playground or garden.

Honestly, one of the fellow light bringers should eat my corpse and absorb my power.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #1694
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

*gobble gobble gobble*

NEAT! Danny stays crispy in milk!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #1695
Danny
Head Coach

Ain't no soggy bottom boy here
Old 10-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #1696
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yooooooooooooooou ain't a maaaaaaaaaaaaan of constant SOOOOORRRROOOOO-OOO-OOOOW!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #1697
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

See, this is why I don't post late at night anymore

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #1698
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Commo - generally I expect to see little movement from wolves when you have a situation that is villager-villager-(I think) villager (as was the case day two) - they've no need to risk sticking their necks out and potentially looking like they killed a villager by moving their votes around near deadline. This gave me a decent vibe from Zinto. What did you see that made you suspicious of him?

I voted EF because I was interested in a EF-Bug-Thomkal race and Bug already had a couple of votes. Didn't pick Thomkal because I just didn't see him making the slip up in thinking that he made when going after mau - the one that EF picked up on. Putting my vote on EF was the best I could do to start a contest between those players.

For what it's worth I'm still interested in those three. I don't think it was wolf-wolf with Thomkal yesterday unless Thomkal had a conversion power that he needed to use so the wolves decided to kill their leader to save Thom. I shall reassess and take out the NTN voters and put in the Zinto voters from yesterday.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #1699
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Incidentally I think it's clear that both Zinto and NTN were original wolves. It seems to me that we now have to start thinking in terms of players who have been converted. I would guess that there is only one starting wolf left in the game. I'm guessing Zinto converted someone night one and there may have been another conversion/going to be a conversion. If Mesmerise = conversion (which seems pretty likely to me) then we want someone who looked like a good choice on day one but hasn't wreathed themselves in glory since then.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #1700
dzilla77
High School Varsity

OK, all caught up on the night actions.

I exorcised CF last night - no effect. Doesn't mean he's good, just that he's not possessed.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote