Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #1851
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
what's with chief's cutesy abe vote?

Follow the quote thread. Gramm asked a question that seems to point out a contradiction in Abe's game rules/description. To which, Abe only responds with "excellent question". Bastard.

So he got a joke vote from me.

I am still deciding who to vote for myself. Not sure I buy the run on EF. Same reasoning on RA seems likely to apply to me. Actually that's a problem with the Thomkal voters, we all seem to have bad records and nothing else to separate us. I'm not sure I understand why EF and RA have gotten more run.

I am not a wolf, though, myself, so obviously this reasoning is not without its holes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #1852
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Option #3 as I'll be traveling on Saturday and doing phone posting until Tuesday afternoon
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #1853
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
The abe vote was a joke FYI you can remove it

heh I thought I did. I wasn't paying too close attention when I put it in and forgot to take it out. Unfortunately I cannot take it out. That would be editing. *slaps hands*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #1854
Thomkal
Head Coach

#1 for me.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #1855
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here you go, CF.

UNVOTE ABE

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #1856
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like #1, and then if a tiebreaker is needed, #2.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #1857
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Follow the quote thread. Gramm asked a question that seems to point out a contradiction in Abe's game rules/description. To which, Abe only responds with "excellent question". Bastard.

So he got a joke vote from me.

I am still deciding who to vote for myself. Not sure I buy the run on EF. Same reasoning on RA seems likely to apply to me. Actually that's a problem with the Thomkal voters, we all seem to have bad records and nothing else to separate us. I'm not sure I understand why EF and RA have gotten more run.

I am not a wolf, though, myself, so obviously this reasoning is not without its holes.

well at least you're talking finally .

So what do you think about the first three days? Convert candidates? Originals left? I'd have to think ntn was original and I'd have to think Zinto as the "Leader" was an original. Anything but convert candidates left I wonder.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #1858
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Here you go, CF.

UNVOTE ABE

That completes me.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #1859
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Now I have to go read what this #1/2/3 business is all about as all i can think about is the bathroom.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1860
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
WEEKEND QUESTION:

How would you like to play the weekend?

Several options:

1). Day Five ends on Friday Night, Night Five ends four hours later, but Day Six ends Sunday Night, and Night Six Sunday morning
2). Day Five Ends Friday Night, Night Five ends some random time over the weekend, like say noon on Saturday, and then Day Six ends Sunday Night
3). Day Five ends Friday night, Night five four hours later, no Sunday dates at all
4). Any other combination of those that you want

Post your pref

I'm good for whatever as I have nothing major planned as of now.

Thinking about votes, I think EF is a great candidate, but don't want to have him with 2x as many votes as number two. I think RA would be a better exorcism candidate than lynch candidate. So based on others with votes and to see where this goes as I have some doubts about him.

CF

at least until I get home in a few hours.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #1861
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
WEEKEND QUESTION:

How would you like to play the weekend?

Several options:

1). Day Five ends on Friday Night, Night Five ends four hours later, but Day Six ends Sunday Night, and Night Six Sunday morning
2). Day Five Ends Friday Night, Night Five ends some random time over the weekend, like say noon on Saturday, and then Day Six ends Sunday Night
3). Day Five ends Friday night, Night five four hours later, no Sunday dates at all
4). Any other combination of those that you want

Post your pref

3 I think. Don't like the weekends.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #1862
Autumn
Head Coach

#2 would be fine with me, but that's fine if others can't do that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #1863
Autumn
Head Coach

Commo, that won't count without a "vote"
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #1864
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would probably be fine with any of these, but I know weekend play for this many people is probably going to be an issue.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #1865
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Commo, that won't count without a "vote"

Dang it

vote CF
Old 10-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #1866
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well at least you're talking finally .

So what do you think about the first three days? Convert candidates? Originals left? I'd have to think ntn was original and I'd have to think Zinto as the "Leader" was an original. Anything but convert candidates left I wonder.

I have always been talking, just not the post diarrhea you do.

I have generally come to the conclusion that The Jackal is good (before Bug's reveal). I thought mauboy1 was a person to look closer at (and has also since been marked as good). So take my observations FWIW.

As I said two days ago when The Jackal was playing funky games with his votes, I couldn't see doing that as a wolf with ntn already gone. So Bug's confirmation did not surprise me.

I thought Bug a good candidate before his reveal. Bug always seems a little off during games, though, which makes it harder to read when he's being weird as a wolf, weird as a roled villager of importance, or weird to be weird. For now, I buy his reveal.

I am very curious about dzilla still being alive, but not enough to sway from other more likely candidates.

I think we started with at least three wolves, so I don't think we only have converts out there.

For converts, I would look at players who changed their opinions sharply on players, or who clammed up after being loud early on.

As an argument, I don't disagree with the concept of looking at Thomkal voters, except for the fact that I am one of them.

Incidentally, I agree with the logic that no wolf would put Thomkal out there as the other candidate with Thomkal as a wolf. I am pretty convinced he is a villager now. I also agreed with Danny's logic about the voting that puts J23 as a villager.

Convert targets? You have to look at stronger players with not much risk of being voted out right now. hoops is a good target, with a good Zinto vote. You, CF, would be a good target, although I consider it unlikely, as you are too out front and also made a questionable vote on Day #3. Autumn and Narc would also be good convert targets. I would also say dubb, but I think he has been too much on people's tongues at times early on to be one. As we get further into the game and he's mentioned less, though, he becomes a better convert target.

Sorry, stream of consciousness.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #1867
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Unvote Bug

Will figure out who to vote sometime this evening.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #1868
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I agree with you about being a bad target as I am too far forward but my day 3 vote was the deciding vote on zinto in a case where they were already down 1 early. I also announced I was wanting to move to zinto beforehand I did it. Like I said I went back to thomkal to keep it close and see what others were doing.

My desire at the time was to vote bug but everyone else followed me OFF of Bug and thom and zinto were both on my quiet list and like you I didn't care if there was a tie. And very minorly (unbeknownst to anybody as I didn't spell it out) i wanted to test to see if my object was going to give me extra votes or not, something the item hints at but doesn't really say. I still didn't really get to test that at all and I didn't flop back to thomkal because after his extranations I trusted him more than zinto.

I also wanted to see what other movement would happen but I did prefer a zinto lynch over a thomkal lynch which is why i switched and was in thread the whole night with plenty of time to do so.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #1869
dzilla77
High School Varsity

As for why I am alive, I can only speculate that the body guard was protecting me or that one of my items was.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #1870
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Convert targets? You have to look at stronger players with not much risk of being voted out right now. hoops is a good target, with a good Zinto vote. You, CF, would be a good target, although I consider it unlikely, as you are too out front and also made a questionable vote on Day #3. Autumn and Narc would also be good convert targets. I would also say dubb, but I think he has been too much on people's tongues at times early on to be one. As we get further into the game and he's mentioned less, though, he becomes a better convert target.

#1: For your sake just assume I am impossible to convert. Will make it easier going forward since I'm not a wolf.

#2: I'm not sure the fact that CF made a questionable day 3 vote is a reason for him to not be converted. He would have clearly been converted prior to that and IMO that actually makes him more likely to have been converted. He did everything except put a force field around Zinto. I mean, yea he voted Zinto, but then it seemed he jumped on every other possible bandwagon prior to being called out on it and eventually swapping back to Zinto.

#3: I always assume Hoops is a wolf. I would convert him.

#4: For that matter I would have converted you too CR. What's your story?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #1871
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I would be in favor of a Chief Rum vs Eagle Fan runoff tonight
Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #1872
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola or any combo of Raider's Army / Chief Rum / EaglesFan too as I don't have a good read on them at all.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #1873
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
As for why I am alive, I can only speculate that the body guard was protecting me or that one of my items was.

You have more than one item?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #1874
MrBug708
Head Coach

FWIW, just because I scanned someone and it's shown they are good, doesnt mean they are good. And as it's been said, they can be converted after I've scanned them. I would imagine I am a target now for a killing, while those I've "cleared", still have the possibility of being converted.

My power is pretty weak in the scheme of the game and the numbers.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #1875
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
FWIW, just because I scanned someone and it's shown they are good, doesnt mean they are good. And as it's been said, they can be converted after I've scanned them. I would imagine I am a target now for a killing, while those I've "cleared", still have the possibility of being converted.

My power is pretty weak in the scheme of the game and the numbers.

exactly bug, that's why I asked for an order of appearance.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #1876
Raiders Army
Coordinator

VOTE EAGLEFAN

Self-preservation, although I can tell you I'm just a vanilla Lightbringer.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #1877
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm on briefly before I have to go to my daughter's football game (she's a cheerleader, no linebacker jokes). Does anyone have any specific questions for me?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #1878
MrBug708
Head Coach

This is my plea of salvation, but I would probably be a bad night kill because if I keep scanning villagers, the wolves can move pretty effective behind the scenes, converting people who I had previously killed.

It's a weak effort, but I don't want to end up wolf food
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #1879
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have voted on gut instinct, nothing more than that, BTW.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #1880
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ugh just had to argue with a credit card company to remove $2.08 over finance charge and then call a proection services company to remove the extra $.02 it would have dinged me for.

Ugh. such stupidity.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #1881
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This is my plea of salvation, but I would probably be a bad night kill because if I keep scanning villagers, the wolves can move pretty effective behind the scenes, converting people who I had previously killed.

It's a weak effort, but I don't want to end up wolf food

You previously killed people?

I think the word is "scanned". At least I HOPE that's what you meant.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #1882
MrBug708
Head Coach

lol..err ya.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #1883
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
#1: For your sake just assume I am impossible to convert. Will make it easier going forward since I'm not a wolf.

#2: I'm not sure the fact that CF made a questionable day 3 vote is a reason for him to not be converted. He would have clearly been converted prior to that and IMO that actually makes him more likely to have been converted. He did everything except put a force field around Zinto. I mean, yea he voted Zinto, but then it seemed he jumped on every other possible bandwagon prior to being called out on it and eventually swapping back to Zinto.

#3: I always assume Hoops is a wolf. I would convert him.

#4: For that matter I would have converted you too CR. What's your story?

#1-- Heh... I wasn't really trying to make an argument that they actually would come after you. Just noting a strong player with some trust or at least out of the limelight has to be considered a convert possibility.

#2-- My belief CF has not been converted is more based on the point that he is so forward in this game and driving convo. Pretty risky position to maintain if you have been converted, and pretty obvious to non-wolves if it stops. The vote was more about whether the wolves would also stay away from him because he might draw heat.

#3-- I would too! I actually think hoops is the strongest convert candidate. Strongest player with the best voting record and no heat whatsoever.

#4-- I would have mentioned myself as a target, but I'm naturally modest about my recognition of others' beliefs in my generally strong play. Also, I have a very poor voting record, which is why I am being looked at today. There are better convert candidates, as a result.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1884
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
You have more than one item?

I said yesterday (I think - too lazy to look it up now) that someone passed me an item. I also still have my original item.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #1885
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I said yesterday (I think - too lazy to look it up now) that someone passed me an item. I also still have my original item.

want mine? I can't get it to work. Maybe I need to buy the batteries separately.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #1886
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So that brings us to here:

Bug 1 - Eaglefan (1758)
raiders 3 - Thomkal (1708) Autumn (1725) Jackal (1760)
crimsonfox 2 - dubb (1769) commo (1865)
eaglefan 6 - hoops (1784) gramma (1819) Narcizo (1829) j23 (1837) SnDvls (1845) Raiders (1876)
Abe - ZERO
Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #1887
dzilla77
High School Varsity

vote CR

I don't like the runaway on EF and I can't quite bring myself to believe RA is wolf yet based on day1
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #1888
MrBug708
Head Coach

I wonder the reasoning behind passing items? Or was the passed item one that benefits you specifically?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #1889
dzilla77
High School Varsity

eh nevermind about CR - he has no vote yet.

unvote CR
vote RA

Still don't like it but, I don't like the runaway on EF.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #1890
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
want mine? I can't get it to work. Maybe I need to buy the batteries separately.

You might be waiting a few decades
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #1891
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I kinda trust thomkal, Autumn, and Jackal not to be wolves today.

sndvls, those choices aren't bad ones. Chief was one of two picks I spoke of yesterday for his vote yesterday and his quietness. Now he's talking and analyzing which I like. But chief has no votes right now so would seem a wasted vote now anyway, even tho I might prefer to.

Currently a 4 + 1 run on EF with only one person I THINK I trust as good in J23. But I trust really that j23 was good the first 2 days.

Would be better if this were closer I think, but will standby if for some ungodly reason I have to make a save my ass vote.

vote raiders
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #1892
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ack....okay I was typing that WHEN the last four posts were made
Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #1893
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You might be waiting a few decades
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #1894
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder the reasoning behind passing items? Or was the passed item one that benefits you specifically?

I was wondering that too. Since we don't seem to know what anything does except for things like "Charm of Protection Against
COuld items have been passed previously to gain trust?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1895
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think someone admitting to sending dzilla his sent item would go a long ways to building some trust. Maybe not revealing today, but tomorrow
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1896
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*sigh* I used less than/greater than signs and it cut them out.

It should have said
"Charm Against *Insert Gruesome Monster Here*"
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1897
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was wondering that too. Since we don't seem to know what anything does except for things like "Charm of Protection Against
COuld items have been passed previously to gain trust?

Could have but you don't know who item came from just that you got item
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1898
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think other people were passing items on night 1 as well. I remember them talking about it.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1899
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Back from work.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #1900
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Could have but you don't know who item came from just that you got item

I'm not saying I got an item, just that people were talking about having passed items.