Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #1901
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I was wondering that too. Since we don't seem to know what anything does except for things like "Charm of Protection Against
COuld items have been passed previously to gain trust?

It certainly doesn't buy the one who sends the items, as you don't know who passes them to you. I guess it could buy the one who receives the items trust, because the one who passed it knows who he passed it to but I am not really seeing how it helps.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #1902
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I think someone admitting to sending dzilla his sent item would go a long ways to building some trust. Maybe not revealing today, but tomorrow

To me the better trust would be to announce it before DZ did though. Now the only way to prove will be to say the item, which would only benefit wolves since all items go to wolves once the person dies.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #1903
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I received an item from someone Night One, and he mentioned it in thread. It confirmed what we had both surmised in commenting on our items on Day One.

I have since tried to pass either item off, in the hopes it could be used for protection, but each time my chosen target was the wolf's choice for a kill. So my item was never passed (items are passed last in night action order).

I don't know it does much for way of trust, though. All players, wolf and villager, started with items.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #1904
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
It certainly doesn't buy the one who sends the items, as you don't know who passes them to you. I guess it could buy the one who receives the items trust, because the one who passed it knows who he passed it to but I am not really seeing how it helps.

Ah, I assumed that you could pick who you wanted to send it to
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #1905
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ah, I assumed that you could pick who you wanted to send it to

The person who sends it does pick, but the person who receives it doesn't know who its from.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #1906
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

The more I think about things I'm curious, why do we really believe Bugs reveal?

Day one - Jackal - I think he just said this because Jackal has been on his side and told him he should reveal now if he is the seer.

Day two - Danny - I can't see why Danny would have needed to be scanned by the seer, that is more of an exorcist thing as I don't think anyone believed he was an original wolf.

Day three - Mau - Nothing has screamed wolf to me and if converted more of an exorcist thing.

My big thing though is I think it was just a save his ass type of move, Jackal gave him the out and he took it. I'm seriously considering moving back onto him.

Unvote CF
Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #1907
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Narc is escaping scrutiny and is not participating to his usual level. I know he indicated this at the beginning of the game, but his votes have been completely throw away.

I am thinking or Narc and Chief Rum for exorcism targets tonight. Anybody else have a suggestion?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1908
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Oh and just to clear confusion - corruption is different from possession, as far as I can tell.

I am ineffective against corrupted individuals. If they are possessed, I can exorcise them.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1909
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If Bug could have - ideally it would have been one more day, to be honest. He was being pressed too much. The give-away to me that he was a roled player, or, picked up on it, was two nights in a row when he said "we might have two more people revealing roles tonight..." or something to that effect. I wasn't ready to declare him as lying or believing him just yet but I certainly never had the thought to vote him yesterday or today to be honest.

And without a counter, there is no way I would consider voting Bug.

I would, however, consider voting him any day AFTER today, thanks to conversions and stuff like that..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #1910
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
The more I think about things I'm curious, why do we really believe Bugs reveal?

Day one - Jackal - I think he just said this because Jackal has been on his side and told him he should reveal now if he is the seer.

Day two - Danny - I can't see why Danny would have needed to be scanned by the seer, that is more of an exorcist thing as I don't think anyone believed he was an original wolf.

Day three - Mau - Nothing has screamed wolf to me and if converted more of an exorcist thing.

My big thing though is I think it was just a save his ass type of move, Jackal gave him the out and he took it. I'm seriously considering moving back onto him.

Unvote CF

If you go back, I've been hinting that I scanned Jackal and Danny yesterday. Had I wanted to fake scan someone, I would have been safer with someone with more pull than Jackal.

The Mauboy scan was more of a shot in the dark than anything.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was another Seer in the game. Looking at sheer numbers, having one Seer is a death sentence
Old 10-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1911
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
If Bug could have - ideally it would have been one more day, to be honest. He was being pressed too much. The give-away to me that he was a roled player, or, picked up on it, was two nights in a row when he said "we might have two more people revealing roles tonight..." or something to that effect. I wasn't ready to declare him as lying or believing him just yet but I certainly never had the thought to vote him yesterday or today to be honest.

I had hoped to make it through one more day without revealing my role.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #1912
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If you go back, I've been hinting that I scanned Jackal and Danny yesterday. Had I wanted to fake scan someone, I would have been safer with someone with more pull than Jackal.

The Mauboy scan was more of a shot in the dark than anything.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was another Seer in the game. Looking at sheer numbers, having one Seer is a death sentence

That is another one of my problems, with the hints you were dropping I think you'd be dead by now, or at least converted. Maybe you did start as the seer, maybe not, but I think you are a wolf now.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #1913
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, I also am not a fan of the cover your butt comment encase someone else said they're the seer.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #1914
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
That is another one of my problems, with the hints you were dropping I think you'd be dead by now, or at least converted. Maybe you did start as the seer, maybe not, but I think you are a wolf now.

Because the wolves don't know for sure that I was the Seer either. Today was the first day where I've come out and said that I'm the Seer, hinted at my first two scans and confirmed that they were in fact my scans.

What else would you have done as the Seer? Sit and be lynched without revealing?

I don't understand your angle here.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #1915
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It is entirely possible for the seer to be converted without the wolves even targeting him. His scans have a % chance of converted him to the evil side each time he scans. We will play the wait and see. I bet he dies tonight. The wolves don't want to risk him nailing one, but if he hangs around he has clearly been converted.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #1916
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I've also been wondering why the wolves were not seer hunting. Bug being converted would via one of his scans would put that wonder to rest. But I am absolutely not willing to put my theory to test today.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #1917
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #1918
MrBug708
Head Coach

I hope the corruption factor would be greater than 1/3
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #1919
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

EF - 6
Raiders - 5
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #1920
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bug 1 - Eaglefan (1758)
raiders 5 - Thomkal (1708) Autumn (1725) Jackal (1760) dzilla (1889) crimsonfox (1891)
crimsonfox 1 - dubb (1769)
eaglefan 6 - hoops (1784) gramma (1819) Narcizo (1829) j23 (1837) SnDvls (1845) Raiders (1876)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #1921
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bug 1 - Eaglefan (1758)
raiders 5 - Thomkal (1708) Autumn (1725) Jackal (1760), dzilla (1889), CF (1891)
crimsonfox 1 - Dubb (1769)
eaglefan 6 - hoops (1784) gramma (1819) Narcizo (1829) j23 (1837) SnDvls (1845) Raiders (1876)
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #1922
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

copy cat
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #1923
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

i mean, JINX!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #1924
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

here's your stupid coke.

*hands over a cherry coke zero*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #1925
Autumn
Head Coach

It wouldn't be particularly surprising if Bug's was a fake reveal, or he has been corrupted or converted, but it doesn't make sense to do anything about that tonight. We just have to take his scans with a grain of salt.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #1926
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Here are all the noteworthy posts for Bug, while there is plenty there that could be seen as good, to me it is just too easy for a wolf to play a seer as they know everything.

Quote:
I dont have much to add. But I think Autumn's list of people who switched votes and avoided ntn originally, is a good list of candidates.

Why am I always on your radar?

Quote:
Vote - McKerney

This vote really had me confused as to why you scanned Danny night two and a big reason why I have a problem trusting the reveal. You vote McKerney and then leave for the day. It is the next day when you finally state that you found out he revealed and what his role was, so why not scan him if you think he is bad? I've not played much, but isn't Danny one of the reasons the thread about I can't believe he is still alive on day 4 thread. Seems like a waste of a scan when you can convert because of it when you have someone you think may be a wolf.

Quote:
You scanned me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
In the evil dead game? Yeah.

Quote:
I totally misread that...haha

Quote:
I'll tell you what Jackal, since you scanned me last game, we can pretend you were scanned this game. Since I was good, I'll assume you are good in this game.

Deal?

Quote:
As a vanilla villager, what is your take?

Quote:
So as a wolf, I figured it would be better to not switch it and think it would construed as a "non-wolf" action and thus get away from it?

Quote:
The bad part is that I still couldn't tell you what role Mckerny has. I'd need to flip back or wait for someone to list the roles

Quote:
Let me clarify. I now know that he had revealed his role. I had to go back and look right now to actually see what his role was. I either didn't read his post at all or just glossed over it.

Quote:
I also didn't know when McKerney made his reveal either

Quote:
CF - Wasn't curious at the time, There are so many fluctuations based on a spur of the moment decision with people starting rungs. The tap tap tap was because I had thought the deadline was at 6, not 7

Quote:
Well, yesterday brought out two reveals, maybe two more will come out today.

You alluded to this in your defense, but why say two, why not say maybe another will come out today.

Quote:
Jackal's a good dude, stop piling on everyone

Quote:
Vote Thomkal

Quote:
I think they are probably too far out of radar to scan

Quote:
By scan I meant do an exorcism

Quote:
I picked thmkal mostly cuz he had voted for me first

Quote:
I had no reason to switch and had I switched you would say I was just adding my vote on a pile on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
How about earlier in the day, why did you not consider voting Zinto when it looked like you two were going to be the candidates?

Quote:
Haha...people are complaining that I was not active enough so I'm active (not subbing) and I'm suspicious...

Quote:
No need to react so soon in the day

Quote:
Uh no, look at the case I laid out, it has nothing to do with your activity level. But you are getting awfully defensive.

Quote:
How else does one react when another person is laying into another pretty heavily on little evidence

Quote:
Especially when I can't lay into you with your posts

Quote:
Little evidence? Everyone of your votes is bad and it was clear you and Zinto avoided voting each other today. There is more evidence against you than any other player in the game.

Quote:
I see more hunches than anything...cf can attest to my odd tendencies in threads

Quote:
Doesn't mean I'm a wolf

Quote:
What happens when you have a villager in your sights?

Quote:
Formulate a backup candidate

Quote:
I hope you aren't killed either

Quote:
Danny wasn't someone I wanted to see die

Quote:
OK, all caught up on the night actions.

I exorcised CF last night - no effect. Doesn't mean he's good, just that he's not possessed.

All in all, I can't vote for you tonight with the positives you do have, but there are some things that just make me say huh.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #1927
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I hope the corruption factor would be greater than 1/3

Even if it 1/100 it would still hit on the first time once out of a hundred. Or are you wanting to argue just to be arguing?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #1928
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
here's your stupid coke.

You got the stupid coke right.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #1929
dzilla77
High School Varsity

How did my quote get in there?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #1930
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here's a thought: Wolves get lucky, convert the seer early, hatch a plan to save one of their own and get him in the COT by claiming seer when he gets in trouble. Knowing no seer will be around to say otherwise.

Not saying that's what happened, just pointing out the possibility.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #1931
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
here's your stupid coke.

yum! the best!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1932
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How did my quote get in there?

That was a mistake, I was done multiquoting but not on the same page as the last quote. So I just clicked on a quote to end it and forgot to delete it.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1933
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Even if it 1/100 it would still hit on the first time once out of a hundred. Or are you wanting to argue just to be arguing?

Hello of an argument...lynch the seer on a 1% chance
Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #1934
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, the smart ass answer I was going to use was, DUH I hit the quote button.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #1935
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Dola, the smart ass answer I was going to use was, DUH I hit the quote button.

Fair enough
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #1936
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hello of an argument...lynch the seer on a 1% chance

Actually, it is at least 3%, if it is 1/100, as you've done three scans. Not to mention if you were not already converted or not the seer, but I doubt the last is likely now.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #1937
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Maybe mrbug should go on the exorcism list for tonight.

That would be narc, CR and mrbug.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #1938
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Maybe mrbug should go on the exorcism list for tonight.

That would be narc, CR and mrbug.

That is another quote I forgot to bring up of his. After the reveal he was asking that he be BG'd tonight. As a wolf that would be excellent because they can then get rid of DZ who is left out to dry.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #1939
MrBug708
Head Coach

Exorcism doesn't cleanse corruption I don't think
Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #1940
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

dola, I'm not sure Narc was a convert, I think if anything he is an original, why would they convert somone that can't swing things that well.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #1941
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:

So are you saying you are corrupted? People could become possessed, too I think.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #1942
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That is one thing I'm not sure one. I thought corrupted/possessed was the same. It appears only the exorcist can bring someone back from being a wolf.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #1943
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
So are you saying you are corrupted? People could become possessed, too I think.

Not at all. Just piggybacking on the talk on the backlash on my scans
Old 10-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #1944
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I go away and a run starts. Not that big of a loss for the village though. Pure vanilla and haven't had enough time to help out so this is fine.

On a better note...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #1945
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time to put a vote in. I don't really get the EF vote much, but I am not going to run from a close vote. If I have to choose between EF and RA, I am going to...

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #1946
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
That is one thing I'm not sure one. I thought corrupted/possessed was the same. It appears only the exorcist can bring someone back from being a wolf.

I don't think it is. In the exorcist description from page 1 both terms are used:

Quote:
The Exorcist – Like the Minister, you are also immune to corruption. Once per night, you can Exorcize a person. If they are possessed, they will stop being possessed, and will re-convert to the Lightbringers. This is dangerous to you. That person will be Exorcized in the thread, and it will be known they were once possessed. New rules for that player will be given to that player, in this event. They will gain a new, hidden role, The Exorcized, with its own powers and restrictions. You are immune to attack from minor undead, and will automatically defeat any minor undead attack (vampires are not minor undead, but zombies, skeletons, etc. are)
Old 10-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #1947
mckerney
Coordinator

After being prepared to vote MrBug today I don't really have any strong feelings here towards either candidate. Only thing I can come up with is maybe the wolves went with a conversion of an under the radar ntn voter from day one.

Vote Raiders Army
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #1948
dzilla77
High School Varsity

THe mesmerizing ability may be a form of possession, so Zinto may have possessed someone on night 1 or 2.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #1949
dzilla77
High School Varsity

RA would have been a good candidate to convert given when his vote on NTN was cast.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #1950
Thomkal
Head Coach

hey mrbug in case whoever gets lynched is a Servant and has a brutal power, you probably shouldn't be on the leader.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote