Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #1051
RainMaker
General Manager

Nothing caught my eye either from E3. Elden Ring got a lot of buzz but looks like a Dark Souls type game which I hate.

But I really hate the new trend of showing a trailer and then announcing the game will be out maybe in a few years. How about showing me games we will see in the next few months?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #1052
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
ESO just hit PS5 today, and while I haven't played it before and it is quite old by today's standards, there is an itch to try it I'm thinking of scratching. Anyone played/still playing this?

I play it for a little bit when a new DLC comes out just to see what changes/new classes/etc, its worth checking out on the PS5 if you played any of the other ES games
Old 06-15-2021, 03:28 PM   #1053
NobodyHere
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
But I really hate the new trend of showing a trailer and then announcing the game will be out maybe in a few years. How about showing me games we will see in the next few months?

I think Nintendo generally agrees with you. They try not to show trailers for games that aren't expected to be released before next E3
Old 06-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #1054
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New batch of PS5 consoles release later today.

PS5 restock: the PlayStation 5 is available through Sony later today - The Verge
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:30 PM   #1055
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
E3 took place this weekend, and looks like the games industry is thriving from all the buzz and trailers that were shown. Check out Gamespot's You Tube channel for a lot of the trailers and presentations. Two games that jumped out right away was a game based on the events of the Avatar movie and the continued development of Starfield. What stood out to you guys?

Starfield now has a release date-Nov 11 2022, which is exactly 11 years after Skyrim released. Doubt it keeps that date given game development these days, but still a nice tip of the hat to Skyrim
Old 06-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #1056
RainMaker
General Manager

The coil whine on the PS5 is brutal. Cutting corners on the PSU is going to mean these won't last too long. Kind of wish I had waited since they don't really have any games for it and don't seem to be much in the pipeline. But I was scared my OG PS4 was going to die.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #1057
Atocep
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The coil whine on the PS5 is brutal. Cutting corners on the PSU is going to mean these won't last too long. Kind of wish I had waited since they don't really have any games for it and don't seem to be much in the pipeline. But I was scared my OG PS4 was going to die.

They definitely cut some corners this generation. The SSD is way too small. The build quality on the controllers shipped with the systems wasn't as good as controllers purchased separately as well. Not sure if that's been resolved since the first couple months of shipments.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #1058
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The SSD size was most definitely due to costs, as those drives are expensive even on the retail market. Of course Sony hasn't activated the internal SSD slot yet. Though they have allowed you to store PS5 games on an external drive.

Just got Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Spider-Man Remastered from it. Looks fantastic. I know 60fps is great, but the Fidelity mode (full raytracing targeting 4k) at 30fps is get fantastic. Ratchet and Clank looks better (it is a solely PS5 game) but I got MM for $32 used and then spent $20 on the PS Store to upgrade it to get SM remastered.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2021, 10:00 PM   #1059
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well I feel like a dummy.. finally got game pass ultimate and it cost me all of a $1 for the next year due to the conversion of my XBL account.

Lots of games for Xbox and PC, plus EA Play.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-20-2021 at 10:00 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:12 AM   #1060
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Random fun thing in the batcave tonight: kid pack pulled Trout in MLB The Show. That's the holy grail card at the moment, that's something you don't have happen in a lifetime of gaming sometimes (the net has plenty of guys who've played every iteration of the game religiously and never pulled THE card)

Just fun to experience that moment (I had to remind him to not be so loud that he wakes his mother upstairs lol)
Old 06-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #1061
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is a fantastic little game I've been having a blast with.

Hero's Hour by ThingOnItsOwn
Old 06-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #1062
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Random fun thing in the batcave tonight: kid pack pulled Trout in MLB The Show. That's the holy grail card at the moment, that's something you don't have happen in a lifetime of gaming sometimes (the net has plenty of guys who've played every iteration of the game religiously and never pulled THE card)

Just fun to experience that moment (I had to remind him to not be so loud that he wakes his mother upstairs lol)

That's cool Jon. I remember back in the day when people pulled rare/expensive Magic The Gathering cards (never me of course) and went crazy over it. Congrats to him!
Old 06-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #1063
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
This is a fantastic little game I've been having a blast with.

Hero's Hour by ThingOnItsOwn

I see the gameplay video is from Nookrium. Probably means I'm going to like it-I put it on my wishlist and wait for it to come out on Steam.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #1064
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see the gameplay video is from Nookrium. Probably means I'm going to like it-I put it on my wishlist and wait for it to come out on Steam.

It was on sale for $4 so I picked it up after watching his video. It's a retro turned based/real time combat adventure game. (a bit like a Total War game where you can cast spells during combat and place your units)

You collect resources and build stuff at the towns you own. Simplistic on the surface, yet lots of strategy on whom to attack, what to build, etc..
Old 06-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #1065
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Same, looks interesting
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #1066
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Just tried out MLB the Show on the Xbox Cloud for PC. Played really well.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote