Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #1751
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Texas House gives initial approval to "constitutional carry" | The Texas Tribune

Don't worry, in Texas we're making it so that you don't need to actually get a license to carry a gun. You can't vote or anything crazy like that. But you can get a gun without any checks or training or even a license.

SI

To be fair, in my state (Indiana) you don't need a license to buy the gun and keep it in your house/on your property. Just to carry it in public. I think that's true in most states.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #1752
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's getting hard to keep up with all the shootings these days, school-related or not. Apparently vacationing and parties aren't the only thing people missed out on last year...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #1753
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Can't say I was expecting this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fedex-sho...le-pony-report
Old 04-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #1754
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Gotta make every shooter look at nutty as possible. That way it's definitely not true that there are a lot of people in this country that shouldn't own guns - there's just a few "nutters" out there

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-19-2021 at 08:39 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #1755
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So that Wawa shooting today is very close to home. I frequented that place often during my prior job, and my daughter goes to it after her job.

It was very lucky they locked down quickly, and there is a state police barracks a stone's throw to that wawa...plus the daycare where the shooter killed himself was closed.

That Wawa is generally packed as it is damn near to all hubs of industry in that area.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:41 PM   #1756
QuikSand
lolzcat

Latest soon-to-be-forgotten event is near Green Bay WI.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #1757
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"Crowd control is an issue for us because people are trying to see what’s happening," she said.

This struck me as hilarious.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #1758
QuikSand
lolzcat

Wow, three weeks between posts. Forum is slacking, like most of America we hardly even bristle or take notice when there are merely a handful of bodies, and shattered families, as a result of the latest spree.

Anyhow...

Cool cool
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #1759
BYU 14
Coordinator

I was thinking the same thing, even we are getting number to it as there were no fewer than 7 of these between posts by my count.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #1760
AlexB
Pro Starter

230 mass shootings (defined as where four or more people are killed) so far this year apparently
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #1761
tarcone
Coordinator

Extreme version of population control, I guess

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:05 AM   #1762
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So sad and disappointing. A family friend's niece works for the VTA, in that building, but was thankfully not involved.

It's a bummer that no one in the world has figured out how to avoid instances like this, and that the US doesn't have any other nation they could model themselves after to reduce the chances of this happening again and again and again.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:16 AM   #1763
Ksyrup

This is the price of true freedom. No one else is as free as us! Free to kill, free to die, free free freeeeeeeeee!

As I watch GMA, it scrolls past that "the shooter's ex-wife says that he told her he wanted to kill people at work." Uh, how about friggin' telling someone about that BEFORE NOW? You're divorced! It's not like you felt trapped by your marriage into silence. I mean, hell, why wouldn't you at least tell your divorce attorney something like that?

The number of true crime stories I watch/read where someone says things like this after the fact is appalling. Whether it's a spouse or child, etc., these people just excuse shit like this or ignore it or tell themselves it doesn't mean anything. "Yeah, he used to torture cats when he was 13 but I figured it was just a phase he'd grow out of."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #1764
miami_fan
Coordinator

Maybe it is just me but the ratio of people I know who have said that they wanted to kill people at work compared to the people I know who have actually tried to kill people at work is about a million to two. I don't know if we as a society will ever take these types of threats seriously until it it too late. It is just too common of a statement to do otherwise IMO. Yes, every so often, someone will take it very seriously and prevent one massacre. But then someone else will do take the same precaution, be wrong and then be the subject of national ridicule for taking things too seriously.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:27 AM   #1765
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Maybe it is just me but the ratio of people I know who have said that they wanted to kill people at work compared to the people I know who have actually tried to kill people at work is about a million to two.

So this means you know at least one person who tried to kill people at work? And 500,000 more who wanted to kill people?

Where the hell do you work at!?!?!
Old 05-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #1766
Ksyrup

I don't know anyone who has said something like that and I knew they were serious, as opposed to it being an obviously hyperbolic statement.

And yes, if someone seriously threatened to kill someone else in a fit of rage, I'd want that person reported and it should be considered serious, not the "subject of national ridicule." Context matters. I think the ratio of serious-to-Three's Company-style misunderstanding would lean heavily in the direction of "better safe than sorry."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-27-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #1767
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

come and knock on our door....

otherwise we'll shoot you...
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #1768
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have never had someone tell me they wanted to kill someone
Old 05-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #1769
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I knew a guy who got thrown in jail because he said something to the effect of "If anyone takes my kids I'll kill them(not the kids, the ones taking them)". I think he was going through a divorce or something at the time.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 05-27-2021 at 10:27 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #1770
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I have never had someone tell me they wanted to kill someone
Old 05-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #1771
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So this means you know at least one person who tried to kill people at work? And 500,000 more who wanted to kill people?

Where the hell do you work at!?!?!

I could be the only person who been around people who said they wanted to at least beat a co-worker to death or blow an entire place of employment up but I don't that is the case. And no, I did not take any of those people seriously.

I, along with my commander, first sergeant, chief enlisted manager and another NCO, were on a hit list of a Airman who got involved with a hate group. He was arrested in his vehicle with his weapon and ammo in the front seat on his way to "fulfill his mission". I think that counts

The second one would probably be considered more of a love triangle situation than an work situation but it involved co workers and neighbors. A guy either believed or confirmed that his co-worker/upstairs neighbor was messing around with his wife. After a group workout, they went to the locker room shower and get ready for work. Suddenly the husband threw some type of fluid on the other guy and set him ablaze. I don't remember the exact wording but threats were expressed.

I may have exaggerated about the million part but the two is accurate.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-27-2021, 01:35 PM   #1772
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Probably depends a lot on the environment. I've never heard that kind of talk/threat while working in an office environment, but fights & shouting matches were a weekly sometimes nightly thing at some of the restaurants I worked at in my 20s. I once saw a couple of cooks having a knife fight in the middle of dinner rush.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #1773
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I once saw a couple of cooks having a knife fight in the middle of dinner rush.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 05-27-2021 at 01:44 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #1774
cuervo72
Head Coach

Never seen it firsthand, but did watch John Cheney do it on TV once.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #1775
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Never seen it firsthand, but did watch John Cheney do it on TV once.

ZING!
Old 05-28-2021, 08:44 AM   #1776
BYU 14
Coordinator

So just a couple of days after this latest shooting, in McCarty's state no less, Beavis is basically insinuating that people should use gun violence against tech companies.

GOP leadership is now that parent that never held their kids accountable for anything they did and now wonders why they are out of control.

Matt Gaetz Calls on Americans to Take up Arms Against Big Tech
Old 05-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #1777
RainMaker
General Manager

I still can't believe how mad these people are about being banned from a forum. Maybe if you didn't grow up online you become that way.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #1778
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
So just a couple of days after this latest shooting, in McCarty's state no less, Beavis is basically insinuating that people should use gun violence against tech companies.

GOP leadership is now that parent that never held their kids accountable for anything they did and now wonders why they are out of control.

Matt Gaetz Calls on Americans to Take up Arms Against Big Tech
He says the Second Amendment is for taking up arms against the government, and also says that they should use the Second Amendment on Silicon Valley.

a) Does he think Silicon Valley is a part of the government?
b) Are we completely sure he wan't talking about taking up arms on the TV show?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #1779
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
He says the Second Amendment is for taking up arms against the government, and also says that they should use the Second Amendment on Silicon Valley.

a) Does he think Silicon Valley is a part of the government?
b) Are we completely sure he wan't talking about taking up arms on the TV show?

The only thing I am sure about with Gaetz is he as as slimy as they come and frankly he knows these statements will divert attention from the accusations that he is a kid toucher.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #1780
RainMaker
General Manager

Texas man arrested after officials intercept plans for mass shooting at Walmart
Old 06-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #1781
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I could be the only person who been around people who said they wanted to at least beat a co-worker to death or blow an entire place of employment up but I don't that is the case. And no, I did not take any of those people seriously.

I'm with this. I've heard people say something to the effect of "Man, I want to kill that guy" but it's not serious, near as I can tell - more offhanded hyperbole. I'm kindof surprised more people haven't heard something like this and thing it's odd.

However, again, it's always been pretty clearly hyperbole to me. I haven't been in a situation where I actually believed someone actually wanted to actually kill someone. That said, I've been in a couple of situations where I could see a couple of guys want to throw down if in the wrong situation, especially if alcohol were involved.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #1782
BYU 14
Coordinator

One of these hit very close to home as this spree ended in the city I live in yesterday. So far very few facts released, just appears like someone decided to get in their car, drive around and shoot people.

1 dead, 12 injured in series of drive-by shootings in Arizona; suspect in custody
Old 06-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #1783
whomario
Pro Starter

A Former NRA President Was Tricked Into Speaking At A Fake High School Graduation

Quote:
In a speech to the James Madison Academy 2021 graduating class, David Keene, a former NRA president and current board member of the gun rights group, called on the teens to fight those looking to implement tighter gun restrictions.

"I’d be willing to bet that many of you will be among those who stand up and prevent those from proceeding," he said, to a Las Vegas stadium of thousands of socially distanced chairs on June 4.

"An overwhelming majority of you will go on to college, while others may decide their dream dictates a different route to success," said Keene. "My advice to you is simple enough: follow your dream and make it a reality."

Except, they can't. The students aren't real. James Madison Academy doesn't exist.

Without realizing it, Keene was actually addressing his comments to thousands of empty chairs set up to represent the estimated 3,044 kids who should have graduated high school this year and instead were killed by gun violence.

Change the Ref, an organization founded by Manuel and Patricia Oliver, whose son Joaquin “Guac” was killed in 2018 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, held a fake high school graduation for what they call "The Lost Class" of students.

They invited Keene and John Lott, an author and gun rights activist, to give remarks to a high school graduating class and filmed what they were told was a rehearsal in a stadium of empty chairs.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-23-2021 at 08:00 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #1784
PilotMan
Head Coach

That is powerful

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #1785
tarcone
Coordinator

We had a shooting in a mall in West St. Louis county Saturday morning. Dude shot another in Champs Sports. My family was at the mall Friday.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:49 AM   #1786
BYU 14
Coordinator

This looks like a potentially epic tragedy averted. Props to law enforcement and the hotel employees. I don't think there is any doubt what the intentions of these people were.

All-Star Game: 4 arrested at Denver hotel, police feared shooting
Old 07-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #1787
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This looks like a potentially epic tragedy averted. Props to law enforcement and the hotel employees. I don't think there is any doubt what the intentions of these people were.

Damn, the police couldn't have let them take out Trevor Bauer first?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:16 PM   #1788
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I feel like this story is not getting the attention it deserves. This employee might have saved like 100 lives.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #1789
miami_fan
Coordinator

One of the suspects said the weapons were to be traded or sold. He also said "There's no way I would ever allow anybody that I knew of to shoot actively into a crowd with women and children and families, there's no way, there's no way whatsoever. Never,". That is a enough to give them the benefit of the doubt I guess.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #1790
RainMaker
General Manager

So why did they need all the ammo? Hmmmm
Old 07-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #1791
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm an arms dealer, but I'm an arms dealer with principles.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #1792
spleen1015
Coordinator

FBI: Maven Hotel arrest not linked to terrorism or threat to public | FOX31 Denver
Old 07-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #1793
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
One of the suspects said the weapons were to be traded or sold. He also said "There's no way I would ever allow anybody that I knew of to shoot actively into a crowd with women and children and families, there's no way, there's no way whatsoever. Never,". That is a enough to give them the benefit of the doubt I guess.

I think the service staff and cops handled it well. Person had a felony conviction, drugs found etc.

Could be an averted mass shooting incident but also even chance it's some dumbasses doing stupid stuff.

Guns, drugs found at Maven Hotel in Denver on All-Star Weekend | FOX31 Denver
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #1794
Edward64
Head Coach

My initial impression was that looks like fun and I want one.

Then a couple seconds later, I thought hmmm, not a good idea. I can see where it would put our LEOs at risk and increase the likelihood of kids (with irresponsible parent gun owners) playing with one lying around.

Culper Precision Introduces Block19 Customization For Glock 19's -The Firearm Blog
Quote:
Culper Precision recently introduced their Block19 customization option for the third and fourth generation Glock 19 pistols. The Block19 customization is designed to resemble a gun made of Lego bricks, but of course, be fully functional at the same time.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #1795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you have to be fucking kidding me with that.

I hope Lego sues the shit out of them. That is a killed kid waiting to happen
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #1796
BYU 14
Coordinator

In a country where asinine things are the norm, this takes the cake. WTF was whoever designed that thinking?
Old 07-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #1797
RainMaker
General Manager

Seems like a tool to avoid detection and kill law enforcement officials or security who don't think it's a real gun.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #1798
Ksyrup

Quote:
In a country where asinine things are the norm, this takes the cake. WTF was whoever designed that thinking?

They were probably still pissed that they lost their job after doing such a great job on the Joe Camel ad campaign.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:09 AM   #1799
Edward64
Head Coach

Darn, I missed out. But yeah, good call.

Quote:
Last week, Culper Precision made a big splash in the firearms industry with the introduction of their Block 19 customization of Gen 3 and 4 Glock 19 pistols. That splash also caught the attention of the national news media, as well as the LEGO corporation. LEGO issued a cease and desist letter to Culper Precision regarding the Block 19 customization, the service of which Culper Precision has decided to discontinue. Culper Precision released a statement on their website to respond to the attention and debate brought on by the Block 19 controversy, which you can read in full below.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:27 PM   #1800
AlexB
Pro Starter

So the UK just had its first mass shooting since 2010… in my living memory that’s three - Hungerford, Dunblane, and now Plymouth. Quite the contrast.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote