Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #6651
Thomkal
Head Coach

GoG.com now offering ARMA: Cold War Assault free to claim for about the next 26 hours.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #6652
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
GoG.com now offering ARMA: Cold War Assault free to claim for about the next 26 hours.

Free on Steam as well
Old 06-23-2021, 10:41 AM   #6653
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Free on Steam as well

Thanks Jon!
Old 06-24-2021, 03:28 PM   #6654
Thomkal
Head Coach

Steam Summer Sale now through July 8th
Old 06-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #6655
Thomkal
Head Coach

A nice free game to end Gog.com's Summer Sale, the Shadowrun Trilogy is free to claim through the weekend.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #6656
Atocep
Coordinator

Tainted Grail is a fantastic deckbuilder that's somewhat similar to Slay the Spire.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:00 PM   #6657
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Tainted Grail is a fantastic deckbuilder that's somewhat similar to Slay the Spire.

I am debating between this and Griftlands, but in usual fashion will probably get both
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #6658
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am debating between this and Griftlands, but in usual fashion will probably get both

You can't go wrong with either honestly.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #6659
Capital
High School Varsity

I picked up Griftlands and Tower of Time. Enjoying each of them.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #6660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

oh boy, been looking for a sequel to slay the spire. Probably my all time biggest time waster.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #6661
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
oh boy, been looking for a sequel to slay the spire. Probably my all time biggest time waster.

Tainted Grail is solid, and it is challenging as well, in a good way
Old 06-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #6662
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I played Across the Obelisk last night with three friends. It's the love child of Slay The Spire and Darkest Dungeon. It was good times!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #6663
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Tainted Grail is solid, and it is challenging as well, in a good way

I've played every class on normal difficulty so far. It's definitely a challenging, but not punishing, game. I think they struck a nice balance. The classes are fun and varied. I really like the way the story unfolds. It's not a grand, Witcher 3 type of story but it's more than most of these type of games have.

Anyone going in should know the game and it's story are meant unfold over course of many playthroughs and the classes arent as balanced for normal difficulty as they are for the more challenging difficulties. There are a couple classes you can use to breeze through normal once you get the machanics down and unlock enough new cards and passives.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #6664
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Outer Worlds now just under $17 at Green Man Gaming
Old 07-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #6665
QuikSand
lolzcat

Thanks to everyone who touted Slay the Spire here, I owe my current fascination to you all.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:05 PM   #6666
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Thanks to everyone who touted Slay the Spire here, I owe my current fascination to you all.

Do you have Monster Train?
Old 07-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #6667
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I can't really explain why, but I much preferred Monster Train to Slay the Spire.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:36 PM   #6668
QuikSand
lolzcat

...now on my wishlist. This is the first time I have "gotten" anything described as roguelike. I'm more of a builder, overall, but roguelike deckbuilder... maybe.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #6669
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
...now on my wishlist. This is the first time I have "gotten" anything described as roguelike. I'm more of a builder, overall, but roguelike deckbuilder... maybe.

"Join the Rogueside Quik"
Old 07-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #6670
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Monster Train is highly "one more run" addictive. Great game.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #6671
Thomkal
Head Coach

Was looking at the early access notes on Ultimate Adom:Caverns of Chaos and saw that it may come uff of Early Access end of next month and that the price will likely go up then (currently $20). It may be a good time to snag it on Steam-its 25% off or $15 right now.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #6672
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I can't really explain why, but I much preferred Monster Train to Slay the Spire.

I completely agree with this. For whatever reason, Monster Train feels like it has an extra bit of polish that I don't feel when I boot up Slay the Spire. I'm sure it's personal preference in a lot of ways, but the art style and music work for me with Monster Train a lot better.

Anyone try Roguebook here? That one is the next card battler, roguelike on my radar.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #6673
Thomkal
Head Coach

Symphonia, a platformer where you play as a violinist where you move to the core of the realm to understand your role in the universe and play the best Concerto is free to claim at Gog.com
Old 07-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #6674
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Using my free month of Apple Arcade to try out Fantasian, the new JRPG by Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of Final Fantasy). The visuals are pretty stunning on my iPad. Generic turn-based battle and story so far, but not bad.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #6675
Thomkal
Head Coach

Syberia I and II are free to claim from GoG.com for about the next 60 hours

Outer Worlds just under $20 there too.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-16-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #6676
Thomkal
Head Coach

Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Bundle are $15 while keys last at Fanatical
Old 07-16-2021, 03:33 PM   #6677
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition on super sale this weekend for $2
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #6678
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Kind of surprised to see no mention of the Steam Deck in this thread. I've been contemplating picking up a Switch (either Lite, current or OLED) to play a lot of the indie games that I feel that I would play if I could do so on a handheld system. But with the announcement of the Steam Deck, it seems as if I have to at least wait for the reviews to comes out. I mean, I already own a lot of the games on Steam, so the price point is almost offset.

What are people's thoughts... can the Steam Deck really challenge the Switch? Is anyone else considering picking one up?

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 07-16-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #6679
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Kind of surprised to see no mention of the Steam Deck in this thread. I've been contemplating picking up a Switch (either Lite, current or OLED) to play a lot of the indie games that I feel that I would play if I could do so on a handheld system. But with the announcement of the Steam Deck, it seems as if I have to at least wait for the reviews to comes out. I mean, I already own a lot of the games on Steam, so the price point is almost offset.

What are people's thoughts... can the Steam Deck really challenge the Switch? Is anyone else considering picking one up?

Had this conversation here with the kid. He's probably not wrong that it at least has the _potential_ to be the first handheld I've ever had the slightest interest in.

Will have to see how it actually performs (vs the promises made pre-released). Thing is, am I really going to get in for $399 or to play HOI4 or EU4 or Rimworld am I going to have to get to the $649 version? And if it's the latter, how do I justify that vs buying whatever my next general purpose laptop is?

The mobility part isn't really a factor to me at all, I can't think of anything I play on Steam that I'd be able to see well enough on a handheld screen to play it, it'll always be chained to my desktop monitor for that reason.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:45 PM   #6680
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Steam's fucking horrible history of hardware is dampening my enthusiasm. I guess if it truly is just a mobile PC it already has a ton of content, we just have to see whether it can perform in reality.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:13 AM   #6681
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

"Steam Deck" sounds like something that happens if you have a stomache problem while grilling.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #6682
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Steam's fucking horrible history of hardware is dampening my enthusiasm. I guess if it truly is just a mobile PC it already has a ton of content, we just have to see whether it can perform in reality.

This!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:49 AM   #6683
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I've reserved a Steam Deck, middle version. The biggest thing that keeps me from playing Steam video games more is being tied to my office downstairs. The other is that I dislike the laptop + controller couch setup for playing anything controller-based, so those just sit wasted in my library (or better yet unbought if I am thinking clearly about them).

If the Steam Deck can basically be a Switch but for my Steam library I will be over the moon. I don't need it to play the latest and greatest top-end games, either. As long as it can smoothly play the majority of titles I'll be happy.

One thing I'm curious about is if it will play non-Steam games that you add to your Steam library. If it truly is a PC under the hood and there are ways to add games from other stores that would be the bees knees. But I feel like it's safest to assume that won't be possible.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #6684
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'm sure running non-Steam games will be possible eventually. It's just a matter of whether it'll be something officially supported or something you have to go through a few hoops to get running. The issue is that the Deck runs on Linux (not Windows 10). If Valve doesn't come up with an official solution, you can almost certainly bet on the community figuring something out.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 07-19-2021 at 08:04 AM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #6685
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I've reserved a Steam Deck, middle version. The biggest thing that keeps me from playing Steam video games more is being tied to my office downstairs. The other is that I dislike the laptop + controller couch setup for playing anything controller-based, so those just sit wasted in my library (or better yet unbought if I am thinking clearly about them).

If the Steam Deck can basically be a Switch but for my Steam library I will be over the moon. I don't need it to play the latest and greatest top-end games, either. As long as it can smoothly play the majority of titles I'll be happy.

One thing I'm curious about is if it will play non-Steam games that you add to your Steam library. If it truly is a PC under the hood and there are ways to add games from other stores that would be the bees knees. But I feel like it's safest to assume that won't be possible.

So you can be a guinea pig for us I'm leery of the Deck because like others have said Valve's history with hardware hasn't exactly been stellar, and I'm guessing there will be bumps and bruises when it comes out. I've pretty much decided I'm going to get a new computer after 11 years with this one when Windows 11 comes out, but Steam Deck may be a good thing to have when visiting family/holidays, so we will see
Old 07-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #6686
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Falconeer is $10 for almost the next two days at Fanatical

Also The Outer Worlds on sale for just under $17 too

Over at Gog.com Monster Train is 50% off or $12.50 and Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace is 40% off or $12

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-19-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #6687
Thomkal
Head Coach

So a new game popped up on my radar today-Dice Legacy. There are several dice board games out there right now, not sure if this is connected or not, but it looks like an interesting mix of tabletop board games, RPG, and Survival games. Due out in early Sept:

RATING / ESRB / A
Old 07-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #6688
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

Valve confirmed that Epic Games Store, uPlay, Origins, etc. would work and you should be able to use those launchers. So presumably GoG as well.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:15 AM   #6689
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Valve confirmed that Epic Games Store, uPlay, Origins, etc. would work and you should be able to use those launchers. So presumably GoG as well.

Woooo!! Thanks for that uplifting bit of news to start the day!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #6690
Thomkal
Head Coach

Humble Bundle has a Hearts of Iron 4 Bundle where you get the base game for $1, the base and 4 DLC for under $10 or the base game and 7 or 8 DLC for under $20
Old 07-21-2021, 03:48 PM   #6691
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Rimworld on Steam now has free core game update available (adds a few tweaks, one new lifeform, animal pens) as well as the $20 new DLC "Ideology"
Old 07-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #6692
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I love Rimworld, but also burnt out so hard that I still haven't fully kicked the tires on that last Rimworld DLC after buying it, even though it's probably close to a year old at this point.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #6693
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello all!!! I am trying the early access version of the 2021 release of the ski resort tycoon game Snowtopia right now. I'll let you know how I like it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-21-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:36 PM   #6694
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Hello all!!! I am trying the early access version of the 2021 release of the ski resort tycoon game Snowtopia right now. I'll let you know how I like it.

Just don't break a leg Abe
Old 07-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #6695
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I put around 2 hours into the build. It was a typical early access with a light tutorial that sends you into the game. It was fine for what it wanted and it has levels of difficulty that I haven't figured out yet, and I enjoyed it thus far and hope to check in later after they've added more to the game.

Here's a let's play that's a good sum of the first 30 minutes of the game although we have more added to the game like another ski lift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Xc...B2S7_8B2jcW9QB

Oh, and there was no money just sandbox with tech and developing a campaign story.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-21-2021 at 11:37 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #6696
Thomkal
Head Coach

Golf with your Friends free to play on Steam thru the 2nd

Marvel's Avengers free to play thru the 1st on Steam, PS, and Stadia
Old 07-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #6697
Thomkal
Head Coach

From the makers of The Witcher, Gog.com has a free game available to claim-Wanderlust: Transsiberian-two men travel the length of the railway, each with a reason to be there in this travel story adventure
Old 07-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #6698
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm one of those who's taking a WAS approach to the Steam Deck. If it truly is a Switch style console for Steam games and actually works, I think I'd be interested. Especially if the mods for games are also usable - would make Skyrim much more fun, for example.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #6699
Thomkal
Head Coach

Far Cry 5 is free to play through the weekend on Steam and I think other services too. It's also 85% off or $9 on Steam too
Old 08-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #6700
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Jupiter Hell is a fantastic roguelike TBS similar to DoomRL. Tough as crap but I can't stop playing.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-07-2021 at 02:17 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote