Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #101
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Cool.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

My goal this game is to be responsible for the death of someone. Luckily, that probably be very easy.

Easiest win condition ever.

I looked over the rules again and...I don't know what would be optimal. Don't duke/shoot the seer/BG would be a good start though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #102
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
I guess we'll just have to lynch timmae, and then I can Cop check fontisian toNight.

Cop Check? You're going to tazer her and then shoot her in the back...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #103
Raven
College Prospect

Checking in. Reading rules now.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #104
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Checking in...Duke season. Hunter season. Duke season! Hunter season! Hunter season! Duke season, fire!!

vote Raven
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #105
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Cop Check? You're going to tazer her and then shoot her in the back...

And then plant the tazer on her. We need to make this look like self-defense

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #106
Raven
College Prospect

vote The Jackal
Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #107
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ok. I think its important we focus on getting the wolves. That seems obvious but I can easily see things devolving into a tit for tat cycle. The person due to be lynched dukes to a hunter, so the next day a hunter kills a duke, so at lynch someone dukes to that hunter ( because its safe as they know they're a hunter) etc etc. If that happens then the wolves will be doing the happy little dance as vote analysis will go out the window AND the wolves will probably not be sticking their necks out in that way.

If someone does feel the need to duke then they should probably try to duke to someone with votes - that way even if they hit a duke its all good as it will bring more clarity to the voting records with two deaths.

I'm thinking the addition of a cultist suggests 3 wolves to start. By the by.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #108
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

vote Zinto
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #109
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Ok. I think its important we focus on getting the wolves. That seems obvious but I can easily see things devolving into a tit for tat cycle. The person due to be lynched dukes to a hunter, so the next day a hunter kills a duke, so at lynch someone dukes to that hunter ( because its safe as they know they're a hunter) etc etc. If that happens then the wolves will be doing the happy little dance as vote analysis will go out the window AND the wolves will probably not be sticking their necks out in that way.

If someone does feel the need to duke then they should probably try to duke to someone with votes - that way even if they hit a duke its all good as it will bring more clarity to the voting records with two deaths.

I'm thinking the addition of a cultist suggests 3 wolves to start. By the by.

I would support a hunter kill on anyone that successfully dukes to a village hunter. Unless the dukee turns up a wolf I think we have to find out the alignment of the duker.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #110
fontisian
College Prospect

Let's try to have some organization with our shots and dukings. Don't shoot or duke someone without giving them time to claim and other people time to defend or attack them. I'd prefer if early lynches aren't duked though if you feel you must, try to aim for people who have had a lot of discussion and votes about them. Remember, this is a group game. We can't all be Batman.

I'd prefer to kill Dukes over Hunters toDay and go for a Hunter toMorrow, minor win condition be damned, because Hunters can be lynched if they fail to shoot scum.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #111
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Let's try to have some organization with our shots and dukings. Don't shoot or duke someone without giving them time to claim and other people time to defend or attack them. I'd prefer if early lynches aren't duked though if you feel you must, try to aim for people who have had a lot of discussion and votes about them. Remember, this is a group game. We can't all be Batman.

I'd prefer to kill Dukes over Hunters toDay and go for a Hunter toMorrow, minor win condition be damned, because Hunters can be lynched if they fail to shoot scum.

Concur. If a village duke is in the lynch lead at the end of any day... unless you have a good read on someone to duke to.. it may be better to fall on the sword for the town and just eat the lynch.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #112
britrock88
Pro Starter

Some powerful items at play.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #113
britrock88
Pro Starter

vote Shoveler

Hi!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #114
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
We can't all be Batman.

But I don't wanna be Aquaman!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #115
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Raven, no thoughts after reading the rules?

Unvote
Vote Raven
Old 04-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #116
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I would support a hunter kill on anyone that successfully dukes to a village hunter. Unless the dukee turns up a wolf I think we have to find out the alignment of the duker.
Can I ask why the role of the person duked to (beyond their alignment, obviously) matters? Why is duking to a village hunter more suspicious than duking to a village duke?
Old 04-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #117
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Can I ask why the role of the person duked to (beyond their alignment, obviously) matters? Why is duking to a village hunter more suspicious than duking to a village duke?

If I read the rules correctly, a duke duking to another duke will kill the original duke and the dukee gets lynched. So that resolves itself.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #118
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Raven, no thoughts after reading the rules?

Unvote
Vote Raven

Yes, there are lots of rules, so haven't fully processed yet.
Plus it's Monday and Mondays are always super busy at work, so don't have a ton of time to participate yet today.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #119
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Concur. If a village duke is in the lynch lead at the end of any day... unless you have a good read on someone to duke to.. it may be better to fall on the sword for the town and just eat the lynch.

Why?
If village duke is the lynch, and knows they are village, wouldn't it be better to take a chance on potential wolf rather than allow yourself to be lynched (and def kill a villager)? Maybe I'm not quite understanding...
Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #120
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Why?
If village duke is the lynch, and knows they are village, wouldn't it be better to take a chance on potential wolf rather than allow yourself to be lynched (and def kill a villager)? Maybe I'm not quite understanding...

It's the secondary game of dukes v. hunters that makes this matter. A duke can try to save himself, sure, but if he dukes to another duke, both dukes die.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #121
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Why?

Well the way I see this unfolding is that if the lynch leader at the end of the day is a duke player, and they do not have a strong suspicion of a potential wolf, and they use the duke ability. They have a chance of hitting another duke villager, in which case they both die and the wolves get a two kill lynch result. I guess I'm just suggesting that any dukes in the lynch lead take a moment to really consider their options, and if they don't have a good idea of who to duke to, they should just eat the lynch rather than causing more chaos for the town.

Definitely feel like we should talk about this more before the end of day one. Not saying my ideas are the way we should go, as they are just ideas at this point. But it does seem like the rule set allows for alot of chaos.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #122
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
It's the secondary game of dukes v. hunters that makes this matter. A duke can try to save himself, sure, but if he dukes to another duke, both dukes die.

Yes that matters as well, but the primary game versus the wolves is also important not to sacrifice additional villagers each day.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #123
Shoveler
High School Varsity

We are focusing a lot on dukes as it will have the earliest potential impact, but the same goes for the hunters.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #124
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:

But there are also duke wolves, correct? So if they eliminated each other, then that would be a village gain.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #125
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
But there are also duke wolves, correct? So if they eliminated each other, then that would be a village gain.

I don't know that it's specified whether all wolves are dukes or hunters, or if they're interspersed. Interspersal seems likeliest...

If your "they" means dukes, then eliminating each other could nab a wolf and be a village gain. But it seems like you might not have been saying that, exactly.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #126
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Vote Tally (as of Post #124)

cheekimonk (1)-- timmae (80)
timmae (2)-- EagleFan (82), Vaimes (85)
Shoveler (2)-- MartinD (83), britrock83 (113)
The Jackal (1)-- Raven (106)
Vaimes (1)-- Shoveler (95)
Narcizo (1)-- Grover (99)
Raven (2)-- cheekimonk (104), JAG (115)
Zinto (1)-- Narcizo (108)

Yet To Vote: The Jackal, fontisian, Autumn, Zinto, MrBug708

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #127
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Head spinning already.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #128
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Ok, I feel like I'm rambling on about this but here goes.

If a wolf is up for lynch and they have the duke ability, they will 100% use the ability to try and save themselves. At this stage of the game, the odds are about 50/50 that they pick another duke and each die.

If a (unroled) villager duke is up for lynch, and they try to save themselves, they also have the same odds, however, the odds of pulling a wolf are really bad at this point. So unless they have a strong suspicion of who the wolves might be, it would be better for the village if that vanilla duke just let themselves get lynched.

So what I am trying to convey, is that while in the past, the vanilla villagers have tried to save themselves at all costs from a lynch, in this particular game, it may be better for the entire village if that person does not use their ability, at least this early in the game.

If the dukes start eliminating themselves, the wolf duke(s) will have more escape routes from lynching later on in the game.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #129
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't know that it's specified whether all wolves are dukes or hunters, or if they're interspersed. Interspersal seems likeliest...

If your "they" means dukes, then eliminating each other could nab a wolf and be a village gain. But it seems like you might not have been saying that, exactly.

My interpretation of the rules is there are wolf dukes and village dukes. Likewise with hunters. See quote below.

So two Dukes eliminating each other could be good for the village, as there is a chance a wolf is eliminated in that scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

DUKES AND HUNTERS

The villagers and wolves are also split into two separate groups: the Dukes and the Hunters.

There is no tie between players being wolfs or villagers and being dukes and hunters. Every player's allegiance as a Duke or a Hunter will be assigned randomly, regardless of their allegiance as a wolf or villager.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #130
fontisian
College Prospect

Even if a village duke kills themself and another village duke, if they're both people under a lot of suspicious, that saves us time and let's us do vote analysis the next Day. I don't see the issue.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #131
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Worst case scenario:

Day 1 lynch: Duke dukes to duke, both village (Dukes remaining 6, hunters remaining 8)
Night 1 kill: Players remaining 13 (3? wolves, 11 villagers)

Day 2 hunter kill: Hunter kills hunter, both die, both village (Dukes remaining 5-6, Hunters remaining 5-6)
Day 2 lynch: Duke dukes to duke, both village (Dukes remaining 3-4, hunters remaining 5-6)
Night 2 kill: Players Remaining 8 (Dukes 2-4, hunters 4-6)

Day 3 hunter kill: Hunter kills hunter, both die, both village (Dukes remaining 2-4, hunters remaining 2-4) Players remaining 6... Wolves hit parity.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #132
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Even if a village duke kills themself and another village duke, if they're both people under a lot of suspicious, that saves us time and let's us do vote analysis the next Day. I don't see the issue.

In that case I agree, that would be best. All I'm getting at is that a duke pulling a name out of a hat isn't in the best interest of the village. Not sure that a day 1 duke is either to be honest.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #133
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
We can't all be Batman.

I am the Batman.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #134
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE GROVER
Old 04-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #135
The Jackal
Coordinator

DRAAAAAAINAGE.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #136
The Jackal
Coordinator

If I was a wolf I'd be shitting myself every deadline with the potential chance of a duke play EVERY day.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #137
The Jackal
Coordinator

Going to do some potentially interesting things to the voting - if a wolf duke is in the running early on, other wolves don't necessarily need to avoid them because they can duke at the end - so if they die first, vote analysis might be harder.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #138
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Worst case scenario:

Day 1 lynch: Duke dukes to duke, both village (Dukes remaining 6, hunters remaining 8)
Night 1 kill: Players remaining 13 (3? wolves, 11 villagers)

Day 2 hunter kill: Hunter kills hunter, both die, both village (Dukes remaining 5-6, Hunters remaining 5-6)
Day 2 lynch: Duke dukes to duke, both village (Dukes remaining 3-4, hunters remaining 5-6)
Night 2 kill: Players Remaining 8 (Dukes 2-4, hunters 4-6)

Day 3 hunter kill: Hunter kills hunter, both die, both village (Dukes remaining 2-4, hunters remaining 2-4) Players remaining 6... Wolves hit parity.

We can't worry too much about duke versus hunter or the wolves win while we are running around looking for revenge on the other team.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #139
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Going to do some potentially interesting things to the voting - if a wolf duke is in the running early on, other wolves don't necessarily need to avoid them because they can duke at the end - so if they die first, vote analysis might be harder.

Wouldn't that hold true to any wolf?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #140
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, posting on phone which I hate. Will be on laptop later.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #141
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wouldn't that hold true to any wolf?

Yep, a duke wolf could duke for any of them I would imagine.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #142
The Jackal
Coordinator

Right, good point. Even more implications.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #143
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yes, both the hunters and dukes are revealed when their actions result in public consequences.

Keep this in mind. If someone else dukes besides the person in the lynch lead we will be notified about who pulled the duke.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #144
Raven
College Prospect

If somene casts a vote and then is shot before lynch, their vote no longer counts, I assume? Seems logical, just want to confirm.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #145
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Keep this in mind. If someone else dukes besides the person in the lynch lead we will be notified about who pulled the duke.

Thanks. This is helpful.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #146
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If somene casts a vote and then is shot before lynch, their vote no longer counts, I assume? Seems logical, just want to confirm.

A vote, once cast, will continue to count after the player is killed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #147
The Jackal
Coordinator

From the grave, so to speak
Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #148
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good stuff folks.

Unvote
vote fontisian

Surprised no vote from her yet and not sure about her strategy above. Seems like a good way to off a seer or BG, or inadvertently killing a seer scan, or giving a duke wolf cover for their 'random' duking.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #149
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Good stuff folks.

Unvote
vote fontisian

Surprised no vote from her yet and not sure about her strategy above. Seems like a good way to off a seer or BG, or inadvertently killing a seer scan, or giving a duke wolf cover for their 'random' duking.

Something about font today is off for me as well. I'm not ready to move my vote quite yet though as it's still plenty early.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #150
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Good stuff folks.

Unvote
vote fontisian

How exactly would it give cover for "random duking"?