Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #101
Kobeck
n00b

I just assume that Botswani will never like America - not even sure there is a Botswani and if there is if they like the America or not. So any country that does not like the US before we nuke our ememies will probably not like the US afterward. For the countries that are US allies they would understand that we are nuking US enemies to serure their futures also. But I see all problems as black/white. I do not deal in grays as this type of thinking is paralyzing and leads to indecision.

The US has stores of Bianary Weapons.

fire agent A from point A onto point C, simultaniously fire agent B from point B onto point C. When A and B hit point C, everyone at point C has a bad day. In the meantime agents A and B are perfectly safe as long as they are not combined.

And yes I have no problem with these weapons, or any other weapon. They are just weapons. The Japanese launched biological weapons at the US in WWII, some actually landed in Washington state. They were not effective, but they did attack the US with biological weapons nonetheless.

Last edited by Kobeck : 02-10-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #102
JPhillips
General Manager

Kobeck: You're still a fool. And you're ignorance of history is still startling.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #103
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do not deal in grays as this type of thinking is paralyzing and leads to indecision.

Damn, clarity of thought at FOFC.
Who woulda thunk it?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #104
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck
Your outlook has been warped by 50+ years of silly anti-nuke rehoretic. Free your mind from that crap and you will see the nuke bomb as the tactical weapon with the strategic force that it is.

The use of a nuclear weapon has a political significance that you are completely ignoring that is predicated on the past 50+ years of history. You are examining the situation without taking into account its necessary context, which is always a dangerous thing to do.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #105
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
But I see all problems as black/white. I do not deal in grays as this type of thinking is paralyzing and leads to indecision.

The US has stores of Bianary Weapons.

fire agent A from point A onto point C, simultaniously fire agent B from point B onto point C. When A and B hit point C, everyone at point C has a bad day. In the meantime agents A and B are perfectly safe as long as they are not combined.

Black/white vs grey, notwithstanding, you fail to consider decision making more than one step ahead. What is C's next move? What will the allies of C do? What might be the unintended effects be on A and B? The failure to consider contingencies has nothing to do with decisiveness and has everything to do with poor strategic thinking.

Quote:

And yes I have no problem with these weapons, or any other weapon. They are just weapons.

Well, you do not seem to draw the distinction between counterforce and countervalue targeting. Tactical nuclear weapons if used on the battlefield have a greater chance of being judged by the international community as divorced from context, but not very likely. A unilateral countervalue strategic nuclear attack would likely be judged rather harshly (economic sanction at minimum, military retaliation at worst), and depending on the size of the attack, may also be counterproductive from an economic and public health standpoint.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #106
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the countries that are US allies they would understand that we are nuking US enemies to serure their futures also.

HAHAHAHA! Before or after they place sanctions on the US?

JPhillips is right. You are a fool.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #107
Edward64
Head Coach

Uh oh, this thread is quickly degenerating ...

ISiddiqui, Klinglerware, flere-imsaho, Kobeck. I appreciate your participation but I think your nuclear war pro-con discussion has run its course. Both sides have clearly stated their beliefs ... can we get back to the initial question-and-answer of this thread?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #108
Edward64
Head Coach

A rational voice? Maybe there is hope?

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — The Islamic world is fed up with violence and extremism in the name of religion and is ready for an era of progressive, democratic Muslim governments, former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184539,00.html
Old 02-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #109
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
A rational voice? Maybe there is hope?

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — The Islamic world is fed up with violence and extremism in the name of religion and is ready for an era of progressive, democratic Muslim governments, former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184539,00.html

Is he the guy that got voted out of office? Who exactly is he speaking for, other than himself.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #110
Edward64
Head Coach

st.cronin. Unfortunately, he's probably just speaking for himself ... and I wonder why he didn't say this while in office? Who knows though, maybe he (or his party) will have a comeback if there's a populus backlash to the current President ... and Iran will stabilize.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #111
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Solution?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...1616836&page=1
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #112
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I'm sorry, but that's just lame...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #113
Edward64
Head Coach

From my post #44

C. Create a sucessful propoganda machine

But not quite what I had in mind. How hard can it be to spend the $ going into Batman and 'giving' it to sympathetic editors/writers/directors in the Muslim media?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #114
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
is anyone else's troll-dar going off?

Yeah, now that you mention it...