Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #351
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
why not?

would you pick the two people that are more closely linked IRL than anyone in WW history save Blade and Bek to be on the same team...either of the GMs know that Lathum and I dont normally go after each other unless there is alot of evidence against one of us....if lathum were picked wolf, and I defended him, as I ususally do when he is accused early, this would tie us togther...if i didnt defend him, which some people would easily notice, this would tie us together.

either way, we are joined, and both dead.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #352
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
At one time I was EagleEye, then I changed it when I started working for Greydog. And yes, I know you are not a chick

in that case, well played. [/claps for joke]
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #353
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
why not?

I think it is common knowledge we are BFF's. Knowing Hoops' personality I can't see him drafting both of us.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #354
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i think its hilarious...i just wanted to know if Danny is someone that changed their name and is actually in on the joke, or if he is somone that i have never played with and actually thinks i am a chick

dude looks like a lady...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #355
KWhit
Coordinator

Another reason to vote for Lathum:

If he is a wolf, there's a decent chance that Hoops would make him the cunning wolf. The cunning wolf is BY FAR our biggest obstacle to winning the game. If we take out the cunning wolf early in the game, we will almost assuredly win the game.

Why would Hoops make Lathum the cunning wolf? Well, I'ev said the reason before, but I'll restate.

1) It's possible that Hoops decided to draft Lathum with the express purpose of making him the cunning. He knows that Lathum will be scanned early, and could be in a CoT.

2) If Hoops decided not to draft him, then I think Poli would make Hoops take him for the reasons I've outlined. If Hoops ended up with him in this manner, I think he still considers making him the cunning wolf in order to beat an inevitable early seer scan.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
would you pick the two people that are more closely linked IRL than anyone in WW history save Blade and Bek to be on the same team...either of the GMs know that Lathum and I dont normally go after each other unless there is alot of evidence against one of us....if lathum were picked wolf, and I defended him, as I ususally do when he is accused early, this would tie us togther...if i didnt defend him, which some people would easily notice, this would tie us together.

well played sir...well played
Old 06-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #357
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

conversely KWhit, Hoops would figure we'd target lathum early and would make him the brutal wolf (there is one of those right?) or just a regular wolf, and make the cunning wolf the most-UTR person he picked in order to hide them even better
Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #358
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
this is the post I was referencing, seems he is setting up subtle hints.

I think that's pretty weak. Just saying seer a few times means he's hinting at a reveal now? Why don't you think he's hinting at any of the other roles he mentioned?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #359
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I think the counter to this is that Lathum might have been picked last. That holds even more if you are a wolf, saldana. If hoops picked you early, he would avoid picking Lathum. And I could totally see Poli not wanting to pick Lathum at all, based on past history (not to get too into WW drama, but the thought occured to me).
Old 06-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #360
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
conversely KWhit, Hoops would figure we'd target lathum early and would make him the brutal wolf (there is one of those right?) or just a regular wolf, and make the cunning wolf the most-UTR person he picked in order to hide them even better

Very possible. But my point still stands, I think.

I think there is a chance that Hoops drafted Lathum as the cunning wolf. It's not what I would do, but there's a chance. I think it's more likely that Hoops stayed away from Lathum and Poli left him for last pick. At that point, I think Hoops would consider trying to use that to his advantage and might make Lathum the cunning.

Basically, what I'm saying is that because of the draft mechanic, any one of these scenarios could have taken place. Add them all up, and you get a strong likelyhood that Lathum is a wolf, and if so, could very well be the cunning.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #361
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure that I buy that as the most logical progression if Lathum was indeed forced into Hoops's hands..

I have to assume that Hoops had it all planned out with a list of whom he felt charted well to which positions along with a few alternates for each in case he got beat to the pick. He goes into enough detail with WW play that he would do so here.

I think because of that he would have picked a player that he wanted to be the cunning wolf. The Cunning wolf in this game because of the rules the wolves are forced to is the most important role for his team. If he was forced to take Lathum as Kwhit suggests possible, I still am not sure that he would have slotted Lathum down in that role.

If I had to guess Hoops, he would have gone a different direction in that scenerio. First, it is an assumption that Poli even did this with his draft strategy to force an excellent player like Lathum onto Hoops in the first place.. Lets run with that assumption then and say ok, lets assume Hoops was forced to take Lathum at the end... if I was Hoops, I would have put Lathum in as the Cultist in that case.

I think it is actually a pretty intersting arguement and a piece of strategy that is fun to talk about in this game, I just don't think it is quite as given as several of you do that this is the exact path that would have transgressed.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #362
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When is the deadline? Just got on and only a couple minutes before a meeting. Going to throw a vote out there but I have no idea what the count is so this will probably change (but it will feel good to say this after last game).

vote Mrs Schmidty
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #363
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think you may be right alan...that would be his best bet as far as trying to even that out...

so then maybe do we assume that and stay away from lathum?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #364
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Eagle - deadline is tomorrow afternoon
Old 06-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #365
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
When is the deadline?

3pm Eastern on Wednesday
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #366
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm not sure that I buy that as the most logical progression if Lathum was indeed forced into Hoops's hands..

I have to assume that Hoops had it all planned out with a list of whom he felt charted well to which positions along with a few alternates for each in case he got beat to the pick. He goes into enough detail with WW play that he would do so here.

I think because of that he would have picked a player that he wanted to be the cunning wolf. The Cunning wolf in this game because of the rules the wolves are forced to is the most important role for his team. If he was forced to take Lathum as Kwhit suggests possible, I still am not sure that he would have slotted Lathum down in that role.

If I had to guess Hoops, he would have gone a different direction in that scenerio. First, it is an assumption that Poli even did this with his draft strategy to force an excellent player like Lathum onto Hoops in the first place.. Lets run with that assumption then and say ok, lets assume Hoops was forced to take Lathum at the end... if I was Hoops, I would have put Lathum in as the Cultist in that case.

I think it is actually a pretty intersting arguement and a piece of strategy that is fun to talk about in this game, I just don't think it is quite as given as several of you do that this is the exact path that would have transgressed.

I actually agree with all of that. My point about him being the cunning really was just to point out that there is a chance that because of who he is, there is a stronger chance of Lathum being a wolf than any one of the other random players in the game. And if he is, there is a better than average chance of him being the cunning.

I personally would not have drafted Lathum if I were Hoops, but once he got onto my team, I'd be tempted to make him the cunning wolf. I don't think I would, but it would depend on who else was on my team.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #367
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
3pm Eastern on Wednesday

Excellent, thanks.

I may be working over night tonight which means I'll have time tomorrow afternoon for the deadline (if I can figure out when to fit sleep in).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #368
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
i think you may be right alan...that would be his best bet as far as trying to even that out...

How can we assume something like that this early in the game?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #369
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

No, we don't stay away from Lathum. The strategy we were talking about is if Hoops would make him a cunning if he were forced into his hands. Even if he wouldn't (as Alan was saying) he'd still be a wolf under the scenario I laid out - which is pretty darn ironclad, IMO, if Poli thought of it.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
No, we don't stay away from Lathum. The strategy we were talking about is if Hoops would make him a cunning if he were forced into his hands. Even if he wouldn't (as Alan was saying) he'd still be a wolf under the scenario I laid out - which is pretty darn ironclad, IMO, if Poli thought of it.

unless he's the cultist and he counts as a villager
Old 06-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There is no more history with Me and Poli/AE, we have chatted on AIM many times with no problems, I leave my WW drama in the thread.

If anyone thinks Hoops would make me the cunning wolf they are insane.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #372
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Go Badgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I simply can not support this post. Or leave it unchallenged.

Go Illini.

The Ohio State University laughs to the northwesterly direction.

Quote:
as opposed to what you do, ranting, raving and insulting people as soon as you get a vote on you?

Dude, that was SO 2007....

Good to know a reputation can't be changed with 6+ months of good behaviour. Welcome back Sal
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

to be fair, sal hasn't played in a while RendeR
Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sal was sticking up for his best friend whose charecture had just been attacked, I would do the same thing for him.

Render basicly said he is voting for me because he doesn't want to listen to me argue with people for the next 4 days.

What Render doesn't seem to have figured out is arguing is a big part of werewolf. Saldana was referencing the fact that when Render started playing he reguarally told people they were stupid, dropped the f bomb, etc... To my knowledge I have never attacked someone as a person in a werewolf argument.

Do I love to argue. Yes
Do I go after people. Yes.
Is that a part of the game. Yes.

Renders post really rubbed me the wrong way, it came off very much like "I don't want to deal with this guy's style so I am going to vote him off" and I actualy found it insulting to my character.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- Except Blade, and he showed he deserved it
Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #376
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If anyone thinks Hoops would make me the cunning wolf they are insane.

That's a tad strong isn't it? You admit that you frequently get scanned early, so why not make you the cunning wolf?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #377
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- Except Blade, and he showed he deserved it

True dat.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #378
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sal was sticking up for his best friend whose charecture had just been attacked, I would do the same thing for him.

Render basicly said he is voting for me because he doesn't want to listen to me argue with people for the next 4 days.

What Render doesn't seem to have figured out is arguing is a big part of werewolf. Saldana was referencing the fact that when Render started playing he reguarally told people they were stupid, dropped the f bomb, etc... To my knowledge I have never attacked someone as a person in a werewolf argument.

Do I love to argue. Yes
Do I go after people. Yes.
Is that a part of the game. Yes.

Renders post really rubbed me the wrong way, it came off very much like "I don't want to deal with this guy's style so I am going to vote him off" and I actualy found it insulting to my character.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

maybe RendeR is a fellow wolf trying to hide his vote on Lathum...

just a thought to try to bring things back on track
Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's a tad strong isn't it? You admit that you frequently get scanned early, so why not make you the cunning wolf?

because with almost no info to go by on day 1 I am a likely lynch candidate. I would pick the cunning wolf to be someone with pretty much no chance of being a day 1 lynch.

ChiefRum comes to mind immedeatly. ( if he is playing)
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #381
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
because with almost no info to go by on day 1 I am a likely lynch candidate. I would pick the cunning wolf to be someone with pretty much no chance of being a day 1 lynch.

ChiefRum comes to mind immedeatly. ( if he is playing)
I don't really think of you as someone who gets lynched on D1. I know it happened recently but that seems like the exception.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

no popcorn needed.

I like Cronin to much to shit on his game.

Render has has a bug up his ass about me since the day he started playing this game,, I mean jesus, I didn't even mention his name this game and he started giving me shit.

DT clearly had no problem with my arguments. I've never had problems with CR, Path, Alan, Hoops, BK, JEHeinze, Ollie or anyone elso as far as I know of that I have had many arguments with.

I'm not really concerned that my style of play is the problem, I guess Render is just to sensitive.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I don't really think of you as someone who gets lynched on D1. I know it happened recently but that seems like the exception.

maybe.

but your the person who people always say " I won't lynch BK day 1 because he is to valuable as a villager"

just saying.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nope - i gots no problem wit Lathum. Dude sat and drank beers wit me...we cool. Ditto the rest of the contingent I've met with and drank with in the past (cw,bk)
Old 06-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #385
st.cronin
General Manager

Photobucket

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #386
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I ask you all would a wolf drink a huge Pina Coloda?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

pina coloda's are fuckin DELICIOUS!!!!

*drools* i want one nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

maybe after work when we go for drinks for this girl's birthday...hmm
Old 06-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #388
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

maybe after work when we go for drinks for this girl's birthday...hmm

then fuck the birthday girl.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
then fuck the birthday girl.

she's my only coworker, and she has a bf, and he'll be there

Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #390
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
DT clearly had no problem with my arguments. I've never had problems with CR, Path, Alan, Hoops, BK, JEHeinze, Ollie or anyone elso as far as I know of that I have had many arguments with.
My first couple of games were rough, but I get Lathum now haha
Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #391
Schmidty
Coordinator

I wake up from my 4 hour sleep block, and there's already 8 pages....on day 1?

I think I'm screwed.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WTF...where's nicholasville, KY?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #393
Passacaglia
Coordinator

3 or 4 pages were before the game started. You'll be fine.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #394
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
When is the deadline? Just got on and only a couple minutes before a meeting. Going to throw a vote out there but I have no idea what the count is so this will probably change (but it will feel good to say this after last game).

vote Mrs Schmidty

I gots to defend the queen of my shack!!! No man or hobo shall besmirch my kin!!!

I propose a duel!!!

Your choice - whitlin' knife, bowling pin, bungee cord, or rusty rebar!!!

Consider this yer challenge:

Vote Eaglefan
Old 06-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #395
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nevermind - i see it's a suburb of lexington ky
Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #396
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
WTF...where's nicholasville, KY?

hahah - read it as Lexington, KY. I found this place via claphamsa (and heinz).
Old 06-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #397
Telle
College Starter

Vote count as of 394:

4 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (250), KWhit (278), Barkeep (283), RendeR (294)
1 - Mrs. Schmidty - EagleFan (362)
1 - OlieGirl - Passacaglia (270)
1 - Schmidty - claphasma (291)
1 - saldana - Alan T (326)
1 - DaddyTorgo - Lathum (339)
1 - EagleFan - Schmidty (394)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #398
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaaah - well not sure if we should thank them or curse them for that i guess.

was just curious because KY is nominally in my sales-territory (I have everything north of tennessee and west of west virginia all the way to the pacific (and arizona), and I like to know my states.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #399
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
was just curious because KY is nominally in my sales-territory (I have everything north of tennessee and west of west virginia all the way to the pacific (and arizona), and I like to know my states.

That's a HUGE territory!
Last question of the derailment - what do you sell?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #400
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
That's a HUGE territory!
Last question of the derailment - what do you sell?

yes it is huge. it'd be great if my company was actually making money and i was seeing income from this territory, but hey...what can you do?

what do i do: i work for a little startup marketing independent investment managers (think "baby fidelity" for example) to investors (corporate pension funds, college endowments, public pension funds). as of now we haven't had much success -- hoping that we do before i have to call it quits and move on to something where i can earn a living wage.