Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

There is a patch today..

I'm going to pick this up tonight to save $10

I assume we need to load logos/jerseys/rinks/facegen stuff or is some of that included in the game?

I want to start present day with the Blues so I guess those rosters/facegen are in the game already?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #152
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Facegens are still being worked on, but are available for some teams. I've assembled a logos/jerseys/helmets package (compilation of others' work, not my own original) for the guys in our SSG Hockey league.

That link is found on our website under the SSG Hockey tab.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #153
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I've just posted to the website our catch-up calendar/schedule, an updated rules page, and a link for NHL graphics (with readme files).

We still have teams available, and once the patch drops today, I'll be uploading our first league file. Come get a team while the original batch lasts!

www.simsportsglobal.com
Leagues--SSG Hockey
Old 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #154
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

As an old OOTP commish myself (the old German Baseball League, good old OOTP 3-6 times ) I want online leagues to be a big part of FHM in the future (and not only another feature). I know the functionality is basic so far but we want to advance it based on user feedback over time (I'm long out of online league business due to work so really look forward to see what leagues come up with regarding improving this feature).

Please let me closely follow it so we can work out improvements as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I've just posted to the website our catch-up calendar/schedule, an updated rules page, and a link for NHL graphics (with readme files).

We still have teams available, and once the patch drops today, I'll be uploading our first league file. Come get a team while the original batch lasts!

www.simsportsglobal.com
Leagues--SSG Hockey
Old 10-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #155
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Sure would!

Second.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #156
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As an old OOTP commish myself (the old German Baseball League, good old OOTP 3-6 times ) I want online leagues to be a big part of FHM in the future (and not only another feature). I know the functionality is basic so far but we want to advance it based on user feedback over time (I'm long out of online league business due to work so really look forward to see what leagues come up with regarding improving this feature).

Please let me closely follow it so we can work out improvements as quickly as possible.

Thanks, Sebastian! If I could request two changes at this point in time it would be html reports (no idea what to do with these csv files) and a streamlined process for uploads/downloads the way OOTP has it. Perhaps this latter one exists more than I realize, but I think I remember Cole telling me that guys would need to download the file manually, etc.

Either way, it's a really solid game and I know we're looking forward to getting started.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #157
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Facegens are still being worked on, but are available for some teams. I've assembled a logos/jerseys/helmets package (compilation of others' work, not my own original) for the guys in our SSG Hockey league.

That link is found on our website under the SSG Hockey tab.

Thanks.. I did find some stuff in the mods forum, but will check yours too.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #158
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Patch released...

FHM2 Update #1, Version 2.1.4, Now Released - OOTP Developments Forums
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #159
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks, Sebastian! If I could request two changes at this point in time it would be html reports (no idea what to do with these csv files) and a streamlined process for uploads/downloads the way OOTP has it. Perhaps this latter one exists more than I realize, but I think I remember Cole telling me that guys would need to download the file manually, etc.

Either way, it's a really solid game and I know we're looking forward to getting started.

How the hell do you even get CSV reports? I've failed to see a way to print a simple schedule or roster for a dynasty thread.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #160
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
How the hell do you even get CSV reports? I've failed to see a way to print a simple schedule or roster for a dynasty thread.

Believe only available under manager options if your playing an online multiplayer game...don't believe it exists for single player.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #161
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Believe only available under manager options if your playing an online multiplayer game...don't believe it exists for single player.

But probably shouldn't be that hard to enable for single-player, we just didn't think of the usefulness for dynasty reports. I'll put it on the wish-list.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:16 AM   #162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Took the plunge but not really pleased so far. It's leaning towards ootp but without the good parts. Not a fan of the interface and really would like to be able to watch a game play out but that part is still like watching paint dry.

I almost want to find a way to play Gretzky hockey again. Found that quite entertaining back in the day.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #163
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Maybe I don't understand hockey. How does someone score 1 second into a game?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #164
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Also how the hell do I pick who starts in goal? I picked GM instead of GM Coach to start the game and it lists me as GM and coach on the team screen. Do I have a ghost coach overriding my decisions?

3 times I've changed my goalie on the lines page before the game started and the game simulation had a different goalie. I don't see any spot that I'm missing something like a save lineup button.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #165
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
Also how the hell do I pick who starts in goal? I picked GM instead of GM Coach to start the game and it lists me as GM and coach on the team screen. Do I have a ghost coach overriding my decisions?

3 times I've changed my goalie on the lines page before the game started and the game simulation had a different goalie. I don't see any spot that I'm missing something like a save lineup button.

Please check out your Manager Options and make sure you have the right ones set to Human or AI. If you start as GM only the Lines option is set to AI (makes sense, you are the GM, not Coach) but you can switch it if you like.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #166
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

It is a know bug to us with the way time is set during Faceoffs. We did not want to fiddle with it with the first patch as it happens very rarely (maybe 2-3 times over a season), but it is on our list.

Quote:
Maybe I don't understand hockey. How does someone score 1 second into a game?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #167
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

We don't want to be OOTP. We tried the OOTP GUI in FHM 2014, it did not work at all. The FHM 2 GUI so far got mostly good feedback. Of course it takes some time to get used to it when coming from another game.

For the in-game mode: different tastes I guess: I never liked 2D/3D as it often destroys the illusion for me with bad scenes. So I always use text commentary in all my manager games, even OOTP and Markus can't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Took the plunge but not really pleased so far. It's leaning towards ootp but without the good parts. Not a fan of the interface and really would like to be able to watch a game play out but that part is still like watching paint dry.

I almost want to find a way to play Gretzky hockey again. Found that quite entertaining back in the day.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #168
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Sebastian,

I'm running into some issues adding GMs in our league after league creation. I don't see a way to add new guys to the league as just GMs. This creates an imbalance for the guys who were part of the original league creation being just GMs only.

When I add the new guys they fill both GM and coach spot, and I don't see a way to get around this after the league has already been created.

Is there something we can do to get our league file up and running?

Thank you! We love the game, and are eager to get started!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #169
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Please check out your Manager Options and make sure you have the right ones set to Human or AI. If you start as GM only the Lines option is set to AI (makes sense, you are the GM, not Coach) but you can switch it if you like.

Okay, I was just confused since I didn't see us having a coach when I checked the team personal page, it shows me as the gm and the head coach. I never saw a stage to hire a head coach. Is this something I missed? I started the league with an expansion team from day 1.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #170
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I purchased and was not expecting much. I think my last 2 or 3 OOTP purchases were a total disappointment and I'm pretty much done with that game.

I gave it some good play time this weekend, starting a historical game in 1990. I have to say, it took a season or 2 to really get the interface and the game, but I am very pleasantly surprised with this.

It has some issues. Trading seems easy to fleece the AI. Yes, it is like this in most management sims, but even more so here. Free agency is weird, but I might not be familiar enough with the NHL rules. Once I learned to filter by signable players only, things were much more clear.

Sim time is fantastic. You can knock out several seasons pretty quickly depending on how in depth you want to get after each game. I typically just do a monthly review of my team and only check out a fraction of the box scores.

$40 is steep, but I got it for $30 on sale. That is about the upper limit for what it is worth, but I give it a "Yes" recommendation.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #171
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
For the in-game mode: different tastes I guess: I never liked 2D/3D as it often destroys the illusion for me with bad scenes. So I always use text commentary in all my manager games, even OOTP and Markus can't understand.

I am really enjoying the text broadcast - I have it set for expanded action at normal speed. It's very well done, and can be quite exciting at times. Much better than a rudimentary 2D/3D view, IMO. Now if the 2D/3D was like Football Manager, that might be another story.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #172
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

We're really enjoying FHM2 and are starting the preseason schedule tonight.

We still have some teams available and are hoping to fill the league this week.

If anyone's looking for a league that allows for time to really tinker and digest, please join us!

www.simsportsglobal.com
Old 09-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #173
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I see pre orders being accepted....interesting, they have removed online leagues from this version.

NEW FEATURES IN Franchise Hockey Manager 3: •Officially licensed by the NHL®! Teams will have their real logos, insignias, and uniforms along with the Stanley Cup® Championship and post-season awards!
•All-New 'Path To Glory' Mode: A streamlined and more approachable way to play, with improved game and information flow as well as news from around the world that impacts your experience.
•Generate your GM/Coach, assign your skills as you wish, start low and work your way up - or take the helm of your favorite team and take it to the Stanley Cup® Championship!
•New Role-Based Tactical System: Allows the coach to choose from a variety of pre-set tactics to build their team's "system" and then assign players specific roles that fit into that system.
•Much, much more to be announced soon!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #174
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Yes, we had to remove them because they never worked well and we had a much different focus for FHM 3 this year. We want to concentrate on the single player, modern game (if you pay for the NHL license, we want to use it as good as possible ), day to day game. I know that some people don´t like it but we can´t make everyone happy and with limited resources, we have to make (tough) decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
I see pre orders being accepted....interesting, they have removed online leagues from this version.

NEW FEATURES IN Franchise Hockey Manager 3: •Officially licensed by the NHL®! Teams will have their real logos, insignias, and uniforms along with the Stanley Cup® Championship and post-season awards!
•All-New 'Path To Glory' Mode: A streamlined and more approachable way to play, with improved game and information flow as well as news from around the world that impacts your experience.
•Generate your GM/Coach, assign your skills as you wish, start low and work your way up - or take the helm of your favorite team and take it to the Stanley Cup® Championship!
•New Role-Based Tactical System: Allows the coach to choose from a variety of pre-set tactics to build their team's "system" and then assign players specific roles that fit into that system.
•Much, much more to be announced soon!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:39 AM   #175
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
With online leagues being removed, why would I buy this over EA's NHL game?

Are they really comparable games? Think they have different focus although I know they both have front office features. Plus if you want to play this type of game on a PC, EA NHL is not an option.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:41 AM   #176
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
With online leagues being removed, why would I buy this over EA's NHL game?

If you want a deeper manager experience, then FHM might be for you.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:24 AM   #177
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone playing FHM 3?

I've grown tired of EA's NHL series and NHL 17.. but I need my hockey fix!
Old 01-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #178
Ramzavail
College Starter

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Save 50%!
Officially Licensed by the NHL®
To celebrate the 2017 Honda NHL® All-Star Game in Los Angeles we have just started our annual mid-season sale - Franchise Hockey Manager 3 is 50% off ($19.99) through February 2. That's right, you can now save $20 on the critically acclaimed hockey strategy game which GamingTrend called "a fantastically crafted title well worthy of praise."

Tempting but I feel like I'm going to be let down.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #179
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah.. I might pull the trigger today...
Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #180
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Went to pick this up for the half off sale and the website still said $19.99 but when I went to checkout the price changed to $39.99, drat. Not sure I want to spend the $40 after the FHM2 wasn't all that great.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #181
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Went to pick this up for the half off sale and the website still said $19.99 but when I went to checkout the price changed to $39.99, drat. Not sure I want to spend the $40 after the FHM2 wasn't all that great.

Decided to give this a try this weekend. I'm someone who bought and returned FHM2 as i thought the functionality of the UI was awful. So i went onto steam, and saw the price, for us in Canada was 43 bucks.

Pass.

I understand its a business and it has to generate profit. EHM is 21 bucks though. Can't really see why i would spend double on this game.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #182
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

75% off until June 1st.. picked it up yesterday $9.99

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0206/
Old 05-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #183
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I bit on that deal, but man...that UI is a dumpster fire. It's fine for what it is -- hockey sim yay -- but I can't see spending hours and hours with it. Not enough mods and again, that user interface is hell to navigate.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #184
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
[...] Not enough mods [...]

If I might ask: what mods do you miss? I know there are logo packs, jersey packs (both modern and historical), facegen packs (afaik modern and even historical), if I remember right I saw background packs. So what do you think is missing (would be cool to look into in the future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
[...] and again, that user interface is hell to navigate.

I know that everyone has different preferences for GUI´s but we always look to improve our GUI. So if possible, can you tell me what exactly you hate about it and what would improve it for you?

Thanks for any info that might help us to improve the game!
Old 08-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #185
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

We have the following open teams in our daily sim (real-time) league. This league is extremely well organized, and is part of a collection of leagues that we run on the exact same daily calendar creating an entire universe of sim leagues.

We are just about caught up to the real NHL schedule, and we're about to start free agency in preparation of the 2019-2020 season--a perfect time to mold your team for when the puck drops in September.

Available Teams
Rules
Application

We use Discord for all of our league communications, and you'll be able to see the action in our various leagues, including not just our PC sim leagues, but also our H2H console leagues and more.

We'd love to add some more folks from FOFC, so please fill out the application above, and we'll get you connected.

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 08-01-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #186
bhlloy
Coordinator

Done - this sounds interesting, would love to jump back into an online league (especially hockey, which I don't think I've done in 10+ years)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:44 AM   #187
Ramzavail
College Starter

I couldn't see any reports, do you use real players?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #188
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I couldn't see any reports, do you use real players?

FHM doesn't generate any reports unfortunately, but we do use real players. You can join our Discord from our website, and we can get you connected in there if you're interested.

simsportsgaming.com