Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Testing Free Agency: An NBA Hot Stove Dynasty

The Durant free agency thing has me thinking about the ways that text sims model free agency and even looking at draft picks and players.

I don't know that there's a better way to model the experience. Right now, players just go to the team that offers them the most money. OOTP has tried to inject things like "role" into the decision, but ultimately there aren't a lot of complexities that go into the decisionmaking process unless you're in an online league and then (in theory) the free market should help determine what a team will do for a player.

I suppose one of the alternatives could be to just run all 30+ NBA teams, each with different philosophies and let that dictate things, because that'd inject some realism. When I first wrote this, I was just thinking about it from the player perspective and trying to figure out how players make decisions and to spend some time evaluating the ways players make moves, seeing whether those deals work for both the players and the teams.

But I'm still debating precisely how we'll do that.

For now, here's the backdrop of the league.

I have a 32-team NBA (Kentucky, Seattle) and a parallel college league that feeds the NBA with players. My goal is to introduce you to interesting players -- stars and others -- discuss contracts, look at the salary cap (which we'll control increases via a randomizer starting next season) and try to come up with ways to perhaps have readers get involved in the story too somehow as we move forward and you start to get a sense of who some of these guys are.

So if you'll come along with me on this journey, we can see where it takes us.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting dynasty idea. I don't think 'whoever offers the most money' is necessarily completely accurate though. Golden State wasn't the only team who could offer Durant a max contract. For above-average to good players it's 'who is dumb enough to offer me more than I'm worth'(see: Lakers and others), but for the best players they can also demand the right situation(playing with Curry et al., etc.).

Take this whatever direction you want of course, it's your creation. Just thought I'd throw my .02 in .
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Interesting dynasty idea. I don't think 'whoever offers the most money' is necessarily completely accurate though. Golden State wasn't the only team who could offer Durant a max contract. For above-average to good players it's 'who is dumb enough to offer me more than I'm worth'(see: Lakers and others), but for the best players they can also demand the right situation(playing with Curry et al., etc.).

Take this whatever direction you want of course, it's your creation. Just thought I'd throw my .02 in .

No we totally agree. What I'm saying is, text sims don't model it right (or just sports video games in general) because they're designed for simplicity to maximize the $ return for a player. Occasionally, we see them designed a bit different where chemistry and "desire to win" or "desire to start" end up playing a factor, but at the end of the day, dudes end up making really rational decisions based entirely on max contracts to maximize their value/return and locking up their long-term value even if it's not always the most advantageous move.

In a text sim, Durant stays with OKC because it nets him the most money long term, without regard for the fact that taking a shorter deal with GSW means he has a chance to win. I can't envision a text sim that'd have sent him to Boston, even though that deal would've made sense from a "the eastern conference is easier and they have a lot of assets" perspective.

So there's no accounting for culture or intangibles. I know it's hard to model that, but I'd like to attempt it by replicating the GM functions of the various teams and start making "rational" decisions for that persona and see if the game responds. It'll require doing a bit of fudging (thinks like ensuring that no team offers a guy a 5-year deal if he asks for one, etc.)

There's always that free agent that overplays his hand in real life and ends up getting less than he'd gotten if he stayed with his existing team. In text sims, we don't really ever see that. (And console games of course are terrible at modeling this stuff, too.)

I'm just intrigued by whether or not we can force the game to create more realistic market conditions and if it means I have to take over every team to do that, I'm kind of cool with it.

So that's my idea.

Appreciate you chiming in, as always!
Old 07-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Occasionally, we see them designed a bit different where chemistry and "desire to win" or "desire to start" end up playing a factor, but at the end of the day, dudes end up making really rational decisions based entirely on max contracts to maximize their value/return and locking up their long-term value even if it's not always the most advantageous move.

Just kinda idly, one text sim that does seem to have long-term earnings in their equation somewhere (aside several other factors of course) is TEW.

Younger workers will tell you in a heartbeat that they don't want to be tied to a 3 year deal, veterans are often reluctant to take a short one.

I know it's really the bigger picture/generalities you seem to be looking at here, just thought it was worth mentioning at least one that does do some of this stuff.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just kinda idly, one text sim that does seem to have long-term earnings in their equation somewhere (aside several other factors of course) is TEW.

Younger workers will tell you in a heartbeat that they don't want to be tied to a 3 year deal, veterans are often reluctant to take a short one.

I know it's really the bigger picture/generalities you seem to be looking at here, just thought it was worth mentioning at least one that does do some of this stuff.

I have never played that one, but that's awesome you bring that up.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
Comey
College Starter

I am very much liking this. I've been doing an outlier dynasty at SimNation, where I maxed out a player's ratings just as he entered college (right at the end of the season, so he was a wunderkind who couldn't get recruited by the bigger schools). He's now in his seventh year in the NBA, and simply destroys.

I write that to write this: In his first go at free agency, he re-signed with the Bulls for less money; the Bulls, who have had a plug-and-play roster built around him, were able to sign the second overall pick in his draft, PG Richie Russell. Richie was drafted by Milwaukee, and it appeared that a brilliant rivalry was to be born...until he got hurt. He's about 80% of what he was, but he's still a seven-time All-Star, and a multiple-time All-NBA selection.

He signed for more than Jack did, which I found astounding. I'd link it, but I'd have a hard time finding the post. The entire dynasty is now on Page 535 (in Word).

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:03 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

General Manager Profiles

This is from the original dynasty, I don't think I'll reuse it now, but didn't want to delete this work. I might refer to it later.
As advertised, we're going to create 34 GM personas. Each with their own quirks. To keep things relatively simple, we'll categorize each GM into categories.

GM CATEGORIES
Quote:
- Sabermetric/Stathead (S/S): These guys are going to be guided largely by the analytics and will make decisions based on them for better or worse.
- Old School (OS): These dudes are about touch and feel. They value stats, but are more interested in PPG and how a dude did in college over PER or Efficiency, whatever that is.
- Hybrid (H): These GMs are a bit of both. They employ scouts who are old school, but respect sabermetric game. They're unpredictable, but also flexible.

Not every GM will be the ideal fit for their particular team, since I'm not going to necessarily create them that way or do the research to match them perfectly. It'll be more interesting that way. I'm just creating 34 guys and the rest will take care of itself.

In addition, each GM will have a "trading" rank, so we know which guys are the ones you call when you wanna make a deal versus the ones who will make you overpay for anything you want to do. These are listed here mostly for me, so I can just keep track when I decide to do things in the player's character. Not necessary to keep referring to this page, if I do it right stuff will make sense.

TRADE GRADES
Quote:
- (C): Will wheel and deal with the best of 'em. Will win some deals. Will lose some deals. Good with that.
- (B): Can't help but make bad deals. The first guy you call to see if you can fleece him.
- (E): These are the masters of dealing. Will get their guy more often than not. Generally fair, but more interested in what's in it for them.

Spoiler

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-04-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In a normal setup, there's no way a team outside of the Top 25 would have a prayer of getting a 5-star guy to sign with them.

Not sure how much that magical run nor even the signees have to do with your INI file changes. I'm playing pure vanilla, aside from adding a single 0 prestige team at the beginning of the career, but I've signed at least three overlooked 5-star players over the course of a three coach "career". Each one eventually declared for the draft early & went in the top ten of the draft (including a #3 overall). Honestly, none ever stuck around long enough to have the sort of impact you might think they'd have on teams with prestige below 60. At this point I'm actually leery of even trying to get them, typically they're poorly developed/high potential guys that aren't really as reliable during their short stays as nice solid 3-star guys that arrive more developed.

Over the course of 60 seasons - with conference prestige allowed to change but only minimal (manual) movement for teams -- I've seen similar mediocre to magical teams more than once. Southern Miss wasn't even a 20-win team when they reached my 2018 final, didn't even win their conference (CUSA has been a prestige 2/3 conference for most of this dynasty). The following season it was Charlotte, going to the final after a similarly so-so regular season. 2030 it was Santa Clara, though they were a WCC juggernaut all year and finished 30-8.

Campbell, Northeastern, Georgia State, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Mary's, they've all gotten to the final four with mostly similar backstories. That's one of those kind of teams about every six seasons, with virtually vanilla set up.

It's fun to notice but I'm just sayin that it could have very well happened. With the considerable number of 16/1 or 15/2 upsets that happen (about once every 2-3 seasons), there's a lot more chances for it to take place in the FBCB world than in the real world.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not sure how much that magical run nor even the signees have to do with your INI file changes. I'm playing pure vanilla, aside from adding a single 0 prestige team at the beginning of the career, but I've signed at least three overlooked 5-star players over the course of a three coach "career". Each one eventually declared for the draft early & went in the top ten of the draft (including a #3 overall). Honestly, none ever stuck around long enough to have the sort of impact you might think they'd have on teams with prestige below 60. At this point I'm actually leery of even trying to get them, typically they're poorly developed/high potential guys that aren't really as reliable during their short stays as nice solid 3-star guys that arrive more developed.

Over the course of 60 seasons - with conference prestige allowed to change but only minimal (manual) movement for teams -- I've seen similar mediocre to magical teams more than once. Southern Miss wasn't even a 20-win team when they reached my 2018 final, didn't even win their conference (CUSA has been a prestige 2/3 conference for most of this dynasty). The following season it was Charlotte, going to the final after a similarly so-so regular season. 2030 it was Santa Clara, though they were a WCC juggernaut all year and finished 30-8.

Campbell, Northeastern, Georgia State, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Mary's, they've all gotten to the final four with mostly similar backstories. That's one of those kind of teams about every six seasons, with virtually vanilla set up.

It's fun to notice but I'm just sayin that it could have very well happened. With the considerable number of 16/1 or 15/2 upsets that happen (about once every 2-3 seasons), there's a lot more chances for it to take place in the FBCB world than in the real world.

This is actually good to know from an online play perspective and I knew the code in the game is way more forgiving than in real life. I had not experienced the overlooked 5-star recruits thing ever happen to me though, so shout out to you for that part.

I'M GONNA STILL LIVE IN MY DREAM!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dunno why this keeps crashing. I'm going to restart the league, since I have all of the college files. It might make it easier for me to get immersed too, this time.

I won't add any extra teams to the NBA in this next go-round, I'll just move existing teams. To go faster, I don't play with finances for the first 50 years or so. Cuts down on player movement, too, which feels more realistic.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-17-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Go Expos!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Recruit Diaries

I'm basically running through a variety of ideas now and seeing what/if anything sticks. I've just been simming seasons galore without much care in the world.

My current idea is to follow some recruits through high school into college and then to the pros. I'm always fascinated by that idea, because it lets me sim a lot of years and then I eventually start to know who the hell these guys are.

This article in The Ringer
made me start thinking about putting together U18 USA Basketball teams because both of the superteams we had on the Heat and the Warriors are borne out of relationships that started with that international play.

So maybe we see guys who after playing together on this team eventually head into the NBA and try to orchestrate their way onto the same team.

That could be a fun story and kind of what I was trying to achieve with this whole free agent dynasty in the first place, I just don't know these players well enough to assemble a roster of guys that I care about at all.

So I have to start with recruits and see if that'll make it easier for me.

To get you all involved, if you want me to create a recruit for you, I'll do it. With a twist. You don't get to name them, because you all are pretty bad at naming. But you can choose their hometown/high school/city/state, can choose their position (or if they're kind of a tweener) and if you have like a preference of where they go to school, we can try to get them there.

FIBA only does the U18 tournament every two years, but for the purposes of our storyline, we'll probably just do a team every year in some kind of format that allows us to showcase them. I might also look at the McDonalds All-American game results and see if there's anyone interesting as part of that class and worth following, too.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
To get you all involved, if you want me to create a recruit for you, I'll do it. With a twist. You don't get to name them, because you all are pretty bad at naming. But you can choose their hometown/high school/city/state, can choose their position (or if they're kind of a tweener) and if you have like a preference of where they go to school, we can try to get them there.
A man's only as good as his name, dawg. (Of course, if that was true, I'd be up ****'s creek.)

OK, I'll bite.

Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii
High School: Moanalua HS
Position: SG
If possible, have him go to THE University of Hawaii.

Last edited by bbgunn : 07-25-2016 at 10:58 PM.
bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the Top 25 pro prospects in college basketball this season. Including our newest guy. (It was the off-season, so I just edited a walkon to become your guy.)

Code:
# Pos Name Team Ht Class Entering Draft -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. SF Ezrah McDonald North Carolina A&T 6-9 So No 2. SG David Wiseman USC 6-3 So No 3. SG Avondré Randolph Villanova 6-4 Fr No 4. SG Manny Crawford Wisconsin 6-5 So No 5. SF Kaleem Palmer Butler 6-7 Fr No 6. SG Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 6-4 Fr No 7. SG Zamari Gardner North Carolina A&T 6-3 So No 8. SF Sid Griego Villanova 6-6 So No 9. PG Fred Sims Michigan 6-1 So No 10. SG James Rios TCU 6-5 So No 11. SG Nelson Hagy Texas A&M 6-2 So No 12. SG Charles Saleh Bradley 6-4 So No 13. PF Derick Jones North Carolina A&T 6-7 Jr No 14. PF Sequan Green North Carolina A&T 6-7 So No 15. SF Wes Newman Denver 6-4 So No 16. SF Chris Lucas Miami 6-6 So No 17. SG Mateo Vicente SMU 6-4 So No 18. SG Randolph Gourley Miami 6-5 So No 19. PG Willy Eichler Georgia Tech 6-1 Sr Yes 20. PG Rakeem Wall North Carolina A&T 6-3 So No 21. C Alonzo Jemison Creighton 6-9 So No 22. SF Charles Tingle Loyola Chicago 6-5 So No 23. SG Robert Cotter Cal Poly 6-4 So No 24. PG Maurice Mannino Syracuse 6-3 Jr No 25. SG Marion Boyd Texas Tech 6-3 Sr Yes
Old 07-26-2016, 12:12 AM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2011-12 HARDEE'S ALL-AMERICAN TEAM
-------------
FIRST TEAM
G Avondre Randolph (Villanova)
F Ezrah McDonald (North Carolina A&T)
C Cameron Richardson (Virginia)
G Ramello Harrison (Utah State)
F Kaleem Palmer (Butler)

These are all dudes from last year.

Here's this year's class of HARDEE'S ALL AMERICANS (2012-13) who are incoming recruits.
------------
C Jason Bailey (Louisiana)
(Committed to Oklahoma State)

PF Mac Montengro (California)
(Committed to St. Mary's)

SF Matthew Cohen (Indiana)
(Committed to Indiana)

SG Mark Griffin (New Jersey)
(Committed to Syracuse)

PG Tyler Crouse (Maryland)
(Committed to Virginia)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:41 AM   #16
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Awesome. Thanks!

Wow... North Carolina A&T is a powerhouse!!!

Last edited by bbgunn : 07-26-2016 at 12:42 AM.
bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:24 AM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

In his freshman year, Brian Yoshinori led the Rainbow Warriors to their first NCAA tournament since 1968. They were an 8-seed, but had a tough matchup against a Buffalo team that's always dangerous and probably deserves to be in a better conference, but nobody wants them yet.

Anyway, Hawaii lost, but I imagine they'll be back next year.

Code:
Buffalo 82, Hawaii 80 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Buffalo (24-9, 13-3): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Basil Wu C 32 3-6 4-4 1 5 3 1 11 Demarcus Watson PF 33 3-5 3-5 1 3 1 3 9 Steven Springer SF 30 9-17 1-1 0 2 4 2 22 Jonah Appling SG 19 3-6 3-4 0 1 0 4 10 James Brody PG 29 5-6 2-2 0 3 7 4 14 Claud Green SG 19 3-8 4-4 0 4 1 4 11 Émeric Besson C 17 0-2 0-0 1 2 1 3 0 Beau Bales SF 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Gerard Davidson PG 9 0-0 2-2 0 0 1 1 2 Conrad Calloway SG 6 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 Charles Burton SG 6 1-3 0-0 0 2 1 1 3 Turnovers: 11 (B.Wu 1, D.Watson 1, S.Springer 5, J.Brody 2, C.Green 2) Blocked Shots: 5 (B.Wu 2, D.Watson 2, S.Springer 1) Steals: 2 (D.Watson 1, C.Burton 1) 3P FGs: 9-20 (B.Wu 1-2, S.Springer 3-8, J.Appling 1-3, J.Brody 2-3, C.Green 1-1, É.Besson 0-1, C.Burton 1-2) Hawaii (27-9, 13-3): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Dario Dillow C 24 2-5 0-0 4 7 1 4 4 Joachim Dupuy PF 24 1-3 2-2 0 6 3 4 4 Terry Hockett SF 31 7-12 2-3 1 5 1 5 19 Brian Yoshinori SG 29 9-14 4-5 1 8 5 3 26 Justin Deluca PG 34 5-11 2-2 0 0 10 2 13 Damian Lower SG 18 2-4 3-4 1 2 0 1 8 Caron Luna C 23 1-4 0-0 4 6 1 1 2 Dewayne Patton PF 9 0-1 3-4 1 2 0 1 3 Duncan Fulbright SG 4 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 C. Christensen SF 3 0-0 1-2 0 0 0 0 1 Turnovers: 13 (D.Dillow 4, J.Dupuy 1, T.Hockett 1, B.Yoshinori 2, J.Deluca 2, C.Luna 2, D.Patton 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (T.Hockett 1, C.Luna 1) Steals: 3 (D.Dillow 2, T.Hockett 1) 3P FGs: 9-24 (T.Hockett 3-6, B.Yoshinori 4-9, J.Deluca 1-6, D.Lower 1-2, D.Fulbright 0-1) Player of Game: SG Brian Yoshinori (HAW)

Can't imagine that Yoshinori won't have a few conference awards coming his way.

Code:
HAWAII WARRIORS Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian Yoshinori SG 36 36 29.1 19.9 1.4 5.8 4.0 1.4 0.4 2.5 3.8 9.1 Terry Hockett SF 36 36 27.6 14.1 0.9 4.4 1.8 0.5 0.5 1.3 3.6 11.3 Justin Deluca PG 36 36 27.8 11.9 0.6 1.4 5.3 1.1 0.1 2.6 3.5 8.1 Damian Lower PG 35 0 18.0 7.9 0.4 2.0 1.5 0.6 0.1 1.0 2.5 1.7 Caron Luna C 36 0 22.2 6.4 1.3 3.6 0.9 0.2 0.4 1.1 1.9 5.0 Duncan Fulbright SG 36 0 9.4 5.7 0.2 1.3 0.6 0.3 0.0 0.7 1.4 0.2 Joachim Dupuy PF 36 36 24.6 4.3 1.6 5.2 1.3 0.1 0.3 1.5 2.4 6.9 Dario Dillow C 36 36 24.8 3.8 1.7 5.2 0.8 0.4 1.2 0.9 2.5 7.9 Charles Christensen SF 17 0 5.5 2.9 0.1 0.6 0.5 0.1 0.1 0.3 0.8 0.2 Merrill Brown SF 28 0 7.3 2.3 0.4 1.5 0.4 0.2 0.0 0.7 1.3 -3.3 Dewayne Patton PF 36 0 8.1 1.7 0.3 1.3 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.8 -0.5 Forrest Weiss PF 11 0 2.9 1.1 0.3 0.5 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.4 -2.1 Carl Rivera SG 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Merv Clegg C 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Lincoln Miranda PF 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Old 07-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yoshinori pulled off the impossible, becoming the first freshman to score National Player of the Year honors.

North Carolina A&T won their 2nd title in 3 years, this time, becoming the first team to complete an undefeated season since 1950 (San Diego State 38-0) and only the 2nd school ever to do it.

Georgia & Pittsburgh made the Final Four for the first time ever and Utah State returned for the 5th time (3rd time since 2005) in school history, but the first time since joining the Pac-12 replacing UCLA when they moved to the Big 12.

Code:
2012 OVERALL AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: FR SG Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 19.9 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.0 APG 1.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR SG Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 19.9 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.0 APG 1.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG Coach of the Year: James Keesee North Carolina A&T 39 - 0 (16 - 0) All-league 1st Team: C SR Dewayne Gruber Rhode Island 7.7 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 4.8 APG, 0.4 SPG, 1.2 BPG PF SR John Hayward Portland 12.2 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.0 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.6 BPG SF SO Ezrah McDonald North Carolina A&T 21.2 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.5 APG, 2.4 SPG, 1.0 BPG SG FR Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 19.9 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.0 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG PG SR Willy Eichler Georgia Tech 13.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 7.1 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.2 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C JR Lewis Frey Washington State 10.9 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 2.1 BPG PF SR Jim Linkous Long Beach State 17.6 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG SF SR Hollis Bogan Northern Iowa 17.8 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.5 BPG SG JR Bryce Stevens Texas 15.6 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 5.3 APG, 2.1 SPG, 0.2 BPG PG SR Richard Branham Georgia 14.6 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 6.3 APG, 3.0 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 3rd Team: C JR Charles Crawford Cornell 9.8 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 1.0 SPG, 2.0 BPG PF JR John Depew St. John's 8.7 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 2.2 APG, 0.5 SPG, 1.8 BPG SF SO Wes Newman Denver 18.7 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.6 BPG SG SR Steve Wilson Georgetown 16.1 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.9 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.3 BPG PG SR Charles Vannoy Loyola Chicago 18.1 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.2 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Dantrell Morton La Salle 8.1 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 0.7 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG PF FR Calvon Copeland DePaul 7.0 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG SF FR Najeem Morrison NJIT 22.2 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG FR Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 19.9 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.0 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG PG FR Rion Holloway Kentucky 12.5 PPG, 1.7 RPG, 4.0 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG
Old 07-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the pro prospects list and who will be declaring for the draft.

Code:
All Positions Pro Prospects # Pos Name Team Ht Class Entering Draft -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. SF Ezrah McDonald North Carolina A&T 6-9 So Yes 2. SG David Wiseman USC 6-3 So Yes 3. SG Avondré Randolph Villanova 6-4 Fr No 4. SG Manny Crawford Wisconsin 6-5 So Yes 5. SF Kaleem Palmer Butler 6-7 Fr No 6. SG Zamari Gardner North Carolina A&T 6-3 So Yes 7. SG Brian Yoshinori Hawaii 6-4 Fr No 8. SF Sid Griego Villanova 6-6 So Yes 9. C Jose Rioux California 6-9 Jr Yes 10. SG Fred Sims Michigan 6-1 So Yes 11. SG James Rios TCU 6-5 So Yes 12. SF Nelson Hagy Texas A&M 6-2 So Yes 13. SG Charles Saleh Bradley 6-4 So Yes 14. SF Najeem Morrison NJIT 6-5 Fr No 15. PF Derick Jones North Carolina A&T 6-7 Jr Yes 16. C Garry Shepard Nebraska 7-0 So Yes 17. C Sequan Green North Carolina A&T 6-7 So No 18. SG Gabino Rubio California 6-3 So Yes 19. SF Chris Lucas Miami 6-6 So Yes 20. SF Wes Newman Denver 6-4 So Yes 21. PG Lenny White Portland 6-1 Jr Yes 22. PG James Perez VCU 6-5 Jr Yes 23. SG Mateo Vicente SMU 6-4 So Yes 24. SG Jonah Appling Buffalo 6-4 Fr No 25. PG Willy Eichler Georgia Tech 6-1 Sr Yes 26. PG Rakeem Wall North Carolina A&T 6-3 So Yes 27. C Sean Lane TCU 6-10 Jr Yes 28. C Richard Berry Marquette 6-9 Sr Yes 29. SF Randolph Gourley Miami 6-5 So Yes 30. C Alonzo Jemison Creighton 6-9 So Yes 31. PF Darron Croft Indiana 6-6 Fr No 32. SG Charles Tingle Loyola Chicago 6-5 So No 33. SG Robert Cotter Cal Poly 6-4 So Yes 34. SG Marion Boyd Texas Tech 6-3 Sr Yes 35. SG Maurice Mannino Syracuse 6-3 Jr Yes 36. SF Mark Hong UCLA 6-5 Jr Yes 37. SG Tony Jackson Houston 6-3 Jr Yes 38. C Richard Schmit Mississippi 6-10 Jr Yes 39. SF Alvin Thomason Northwestern 6-5 Jr No # Pos Name Team Ht Class Entering Draft -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 40. PF Rahsaan Alexander Lafayette 6-6 Fr No 41. SG John Santiago Wyoming 6-6 So Yes 42. PF Josiah Sage Notre Dame 6-10 Sr Yes 43. SG Johnnie Miller St. John's 6-2 So No 44. SG Javari Singleton Arkansas 6-5 So Yes 45. SF Michael Poole Hartford 6-6 Sr Yes 46. PG Gerald Starr Oklahoma State 6-4 So No 47. PG Patrick Brown Richmond 6-1 Sr Yes 48. C Timo Leibrock Georgia 7-0 Jr Yes 49. C Bryant Winner East Carolina 6-10 Sr Yes 50. C Tony Chasteen Ohio State 6-9 So Yes
Old 07-26-2016, 05:58 AM   #20
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Brian Yoshinori... the name certainly sounds like someone who would be from Hawaii.

Nice to see he's not a one-and-done kid, too.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2012-13 SEASON RECAP

The 2012 season was historic as the Aggies of North Carolina A&T finished with only the 2nd undefeated season in the history of college basketball.

It's been a stunning turnaround for the program that won only 8 games as recently as 2006. Head Coach James Keesee (and athletic director) took a voluntary demotion in 2007 and let young wonderkid Levell Garrett take over the program for two years. When Keessee returned in 2009 to helm the program - his alma mater - that he'd run since in 1989, it was a totlaly different program. Four straight NCAA appearances, a groundbreaking national championship in 2010 led the Aggies program to move from the historically black MEAC conference to the American Athletic Conference.

Now they've won two national titles in three years, it's an unprecedented run.

NCAA TOURNAMENT REPORT
Two 16 seeds lost for the first time ever in the same tournament. #1 Portland was downed by giant killers Louisiana Monroe & Albany took down #1 Butler. Neither made it to the Sweet 16.

ELITE 8 TEAMS
Utah State, Utah, Georgia, Baylor (coached by Levell Garrett), North Carolina A&T, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Florida

St. Mary's won the NIT
Maryland won the CBI (a year after winning the NIT. They'll fire their coach.)
Brown won the CIT.

Code:
2012 Player Stats Leaders # PLAYER POS MIN PTS REB AST STL BLK TO TEAM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Najeem Morrison SF 31.6 22.2 6.9 1.3 1.3 0.1 3.1 NJIT 2 Eric Carter SG 29.0 22.2 3.3 1.2 1.8 0.3 2.4 Cal State Bakersfield 3 Ezrah McDonald SF 28.1 21.2 4.2 1.5 2.4 1.0 2.3 North Carolina A&T 4 Don Brown SF 29.4 20.1 2.9 1.3 1.3 0.7 3.3 Sacred Heart 5 Lucius Steffens PG 30.9 19.9 3.7 1.6 1.2 0.1 2.1 Florida Atlantic 6 Brian Yoshinori SG 29.1 19.9 5.8 4.0 1.4 0.4 2.5 Hawaii 7 Nathan Bailly SG 29.4 19.6 2.7 0.8 0.9 0.5 3.3 Michigan State 8 Nelson Hagy SF 27.3 19.6 4.3 1.6 1.2 0.1 2.6 Texas A&M 9 Richard Simpson PG 29.1 19.1 2.4 1.6 1.5 0.1 3.0 Incarnate Word 10 Pepe Ruiz SG 29.0 18.9 1.6 1.2 2.2 0.4 2.4 Wichita State

Here's the final polls of the season.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. North Carolina A&T (72) 39-0 1800 1 American Athletic Conference 2. Georgia Tech 30-6 1728 2 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. New Jersey A&M 31-3 1589 4 Atlantic North Conference 4. Portland 31-3 1559 5 West Coast Conference 5. Georgia 31-7 1555 3 Southeastern Conference 6. California 25-10 1432 6 Pacific-12 Conference 7. Denver 29-5 1411 8 Summit League 8. Butler 23-9 1251 7 Big East Conference 9. UC Davis 30-5 1205 13 Big West Conference 10. Baylor 29-8 1159 10 Big 12 Conference 11. Utah 26-9 1149 9 Pacific-12 Conference 12. Arizona State 25-10 912 23 Pacific-12 Conference 13. Villanova 25-11 831 19 Big East Conference 14. Boston College 23-9 757 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Utah State 27-11 742 12 Pacific-12 Conference 16. La Salle 24-8 628 18 Atlantic North Conference 17. Pepperdine 21-11 621 15 Big East Conference 18. Milwaukee 28-7 610 16 Horizon League 19. Georgetown 23-11 569 NR Big East Conference 20. LSU 25-11 506 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Tulsa 27-8 350 21 American Athletic Conference 22. Indiana 24-10 319 20 Big Ten Conference 23. Tennessee 25-11 270 NR Southeastern Conference 24. Pittsburgh 25-10 173 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Loyola Chicago 25-9 156 22 Missouri Valley Conference Others Receiving Votes: Hawaii 27-9 52 Mountain West Conference St. John's 23-10 37 Big East Conference Fresno State 25-9 9 Mountain West Conference Penn State 25-11 9 Big Ten Conference Bucknell 26-7 5 Patriot League Iowa State 21-11 3 Big 12 Conference The Citadel 25-9 3 Southern Conference

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. New Jersey A&M (38) 31-3 1763 1 Atlantic North Conference 2. Portland (34) 31-3 1758 2 West Coast Conference 3. Denver 29-5 1654 3 Summit League 4. UC Davis 30-5 1590 4 Big West Conference 5. La Salle 24-8 1507 5 Atlantic North Conference 6. Milwaukee 28-7 1448 6 Horizon League 7. VCU 21-11 1358 7 Atlantic North Conference 8. Cornell 23-9 1231 8 Ivy League 9. The Citadel 25-9 1222 9 Southern Conference 10. Old Dominion 24-8 1081 11 Conference USA 11. Northern Connecticut 23-10 1009 12 Atlantic North Conference 12. George Mason 21-13 990 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. Detroit 24-10 919 19 Horizon League 14. Bucknell 26-7 868 13 Patriot League 15. UNC Wilmington 25-10 850 15 Colonial Athletic Association 16. Richmond 20-10 804 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Duquesne 20-12 628 18 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. UTSA 23-11 544 14 Conference USA 19. George Washington 20-12 511 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Towson 21-12 419 16 Colonial Athletic Association 21. Lehigh 25-9 381 21 Patriot League 22. Northwestern State 25-10 374 24 Southland Conference 23. Rhode Island 19-14 177 23 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Seattle 21-14 110 22 West Coast Conference 25. Southern 23-10 90 NR Southwestern Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Massachusetts 19-13 56 Atlantic North Conference Loyola Marymount 20-13 26 West Coast Conference North Texas 21-12 15 Conference USA James Madison 23-12 11 Colonial Athletic Association Abilene Christian 22-12 3 Southland Conference Norfolk State 24-10 2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Illinois Chicago 21-13 1 Horizon League
Old 07-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Brian Yoshinori... the name certainly sounds like someone who would be from Hawaii.

Nice to see he's not a one-and-done kid, too.

I require them to play two years in college. My NBA is stats only, so I need something to measure them by and all I have is college stats.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the updated national championship register.

Code:
NCAA Champs Season Team Record Opponent Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 North Carolina A&T Aggies 39-0 Georgia Bulldogs 101-93 2011 Michigan Wolverines 31-8 Tennessee Volunteers 71-50 2010 North Carolina A&T Aggies 37-2 Princeton Tigers 95-86 2009 VCU Rams 30-9 Pepperdine Waves 90-73 2008 South Carolina Gamecocks 31-6 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 82-74 2007 Marquette Golden Eagles 29-10 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 58-39 2006 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 28-9 California Golden Bears 76-58 2005 Memphis Tigers 37-3 Wisconsin Badgers 66-51 2004 Boston College Eagles 28-9 Air Force Falcons 81-64 2003 Oregon State Beavers 27-10 Butler Bulldogs 90-62 2002 Michigan Wolverines 30-9 Connecticut Huskies 79-66 2001 California Golden Bears 33-5 Iowa State Cyclones 81-72 2000 Northwestern Wildcats 34-5 Louisiana Monroe Warhawks 90-67 1999 Oregon State Beavers 32-6 Syracuse Orange 84-76 1998 Marquette Golden Eagles 32-6 South Carolina Gamecocks 63-49 1997 Vanderbilt Commodores 38-2 FIU Golden Panthers 66-64 1996 USC Trojans 35-4 Boston College Eagles 70-55 1995 South Carolina Gamecocks 30-8 Vanderbilt Commodores 67-51 1994 Marquette Golden Eagles 29-8 Florida State Seminoles 84-74 1993 Nebraska Cornhuskers 32-7 California Golden Bears 65-57 1992 Florida State Seminoles 27-10 Ohio State Buckeyes 98-77 1991 Georgetown Hoyas 30-7 USC Trojans 82-74 1990 Nebraska Cornhuskers 29-8 Louisville Cardinals 68-65 1989 Texas Tech Red Raiders 33-5 California Golden Bears 86-84 1988 Iowa State Cyclones 32-5 Villanova Wildcats 81-76 1987 LSU Tigers 32-7 Syracuse Orange 75-47 1986 Duke Blue Devils 33-4 Syracuse Orange 79-69 1985 Villanova Wildcats 37-2 California Golden Bears 60-44 1984 California Golden Bears 33-6 Texas Longhorns 91-81 1983 Georgetown Hoyas 30-7 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 69-59 1982 Buffalo Bulls 31-6 Western Carolina Catamounts 89-58 1981 Syracuse Orange 33-6 Louisville Cardinals 58-47 1980 LSU Tigers 36-4 Ohio State Buckeyes 53-46 1979 Wichita State Shockers 30-8 Syracuse Orange 77-71 1978 Louisville Cardinals 35-3 Kansas State Wildcats 71-59 1977 Iowa State Cyclones 30-6 California Golden Bears 87-84 1976 Ohio State Buckeyes 31-8 Villanova Wildcats 89-67 1975 Illinois Fighting Illini 35-3 La Salle Explorers 83-76 1974 Illinois Fighting Illini 31-7 Utah State Aggies 61-60 Season Team Record Opponent Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1973 Illinois State Redbirds 30-8 Stanford Cardinal 58-48 1972 Vanderbilt Commodores 28-9 Buffalo Bulls 83-81 1971 Syracuse Orange 33-5 Cal State Northridge Matadors 78-71 1970 UCLA Bruins 29-9 Villanova Wildcats 75-69 1969 Iowa State Cyclones 31-7 San Diego State Aztecs 73-59 1968 Houston Cougars 28-10 Florida Atlantic Owls 72-62 1967 Wake Forest Demon Deacons 29-9 Villanova Wildcats 59-56 1966 Oklahoma Sooners 29-9 Stanford Cardinal 62-59 1965 Purdue Boilermakers 29-9 California Golden Bears 76-67 1964 Mercer Bears 29-9 Vanderbilt Commodores 69-62 1963 Georgetown Hoyas 34-4 Northern Iowa Panthers 63-55 1962 USC Trojans 26-13 Northern Iowa Panthers 78-68 1961 California Golden Bears 34-5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 63-54 1960 California Golden Bears 25-13 Iowa State Cyclones 63-54 1959 Georgetown Hoyas 32-4 Vanderbilt Commodores 64-53 1958 San Diego State Aztecs 35-3 Marquette Golden Eagles 45-42 1957 San Diego State Aztecs 32-7 St. John's Red Storm 73-55 1956 Vanderbilt Commodores 35-3 Iowa Hawkeyes 71-66 1955 Saint Mary's Gaels 31-7 Southern Miss Golden Eagles 85-67 1954 Vanderbilt Commodores 30-8 George Washington Colonials 69-48 1953 Vanderbilt Commodores 32-6 Ohio State Buckeyes 78-60 1952 Oregon Ducks 32-6 Green Bay Phoenix 62-53 1951 Iowa Hawkeyes 35-4 Arkansas Razorbacks 70-65 1950 San Diego State Aztecs 38-0 Cincinnati Bearcats 73-71 1949 Duke Blue Devils 35-3 New Mexico State Aggies 96-69 1948 Cincinnati Bearcats 34-4 Iowa State Cyclones 79-47 1947 San Diego State Aztecs 37-1 Gonzaga Bulldogs 63-58
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

TRUST THE PROCESS Pt. 2

The New York Knicks are terrible. The year is 2014, they are one of three non-expansion clubs to never appear in the NBA Finals.

Our job here is to become Knicks savants. We're going to live and breathe the franchise and become their biggest fans.

We've made the playoff just three times since 1997. We've been to the Conference Finals just twice in franchise history. But now they've hired this stats guy to come in here and remake our Knicks entirely.

They've traded the entire roster, we're going to be playing with a bunch of no-name guys this year, they've gotten a bunch of draft picks and so, we're just gonna wait and see what happens.

I'll write recaps of each season for you, so you can experience a sliver of the pain of what it's like to be a Knicks fan in this timeline.

2013-14: THE REBUILD BEGINS

In the off-season, the Knicks cut about $25m in salary and then traded anyone else with a pulse. The core guys they kept were our last two top draft picks - Len Wells and Harley Shrader. Those guys will be gone by draft day, meaning the entire roster will be new dudes.

It really is a new day in New York.

EPISODE 1. THE FIRST SEASON

The Knicks were terrible. We knew they'd be bad, but I think we expected there would be something to root for, some sliver of positivity somewhere in the awfulness. They're a cohesive and terrible team destined again for the lottery.

The lone bright spot on the club was Doug Bailey, third-year guard out of Southern University who averaged 23.8 PPG. Another former top pick Harley Shrader (15.2 PPG) was also solid in his 2nd NBA season and last year's top pick Celino Moya (9.8 PPG, 7.5 RPG) was a solid defensive presence, but none of it mattered when the team featured leaky defense and an inability to stop anybody, ever. Undrafted rookie free agent PG Donny Ehlers averaged 13.7 PPG and was a First Team All-NBA Rookie. So can't argue with that signing for a bargain.

So we head to the off-season hoping for something better, but not quite sure exactly what that's going to look like and how it'll be possible. We're bad. We're going to keep being bad for a while.

With $66m in cap space, I imagine there are things the team could do, but I don't think they're going to do anything but try to build a team through the draft and see what happens.

The worst.

Two 7-seeds made the conference finals this year (Orlando, Minnesota) and a 5-seed (Kentucky) won the NBA title. So there are teams that were bad that are now good out here doing interesting things and we're floundering.

No idea what they're willing to do to make things better.

Code:
2013 NBA Standings ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- METROPOLITAN W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Nets 53 29 .646 27-14 8-7 27-19 76ers 47 35 .573 27-14 11-4 28-18 Generals 40 42 .488 23-18 11-4 22-24 Celtics 40 42 .488 21-20 8-7 24-22 Pelicans 34 48 .415 20-21 7-8 21-25 Knicks 8 74 .098 6-35 0-15 4-42 ---------------------------------------------------- ATLANTIC W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Expos 65 17 .793 36-5 12-3 37-9 Thrashers 55 27 .671 32-9 12-3 29-17 Magic 46 36 .561 28-13 9-6 28-18 Wizards 43 39 .524 23-18 4-11 22-24 Hornets 41 41 .500 23-18 5-10 18-28 Heat 26 56 .317 19-22 3-12 15-31 ---------------------------------------------------- CENTRAL W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Raptors 55 27 .671 31-10 12-3 29-17 Colonels 51 31 .622 30-11 11-4 28-18 Pacers 39 43 .476 25-16 8-7 25-21 Bucks 39 43 .476 28-13 7-8 26-20 Cavaliers 34 48 .415 25-16 5-10 18-28 Pistons 31 51 .378 20-21 2-13 13-33 ---------------------------------------------------- CONTINENTAL W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Rockets 69 13 .841 39-2 13-2 41-5 Grizzlies 43 39 .524 27-14 6-9 26-20 Hawks 35 47 .427 25-16 11-4 19-27 Spurs 30 52 .366 16-25 5-10 18-28 Jazz 28 54 .341 16-25 8-7 18-28 Bulls 21 61 .256 15-26 2-13 10-36 ---------------------------------------------------- FRONTIER W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Mavericks 53 29 .646 27-14 10-5 31-15 Trail Blazers 47 35 .573 28-13 11-4 26-20 Nuggets 44 38 .537 26-15 7-8 25-21 Timberwolves 43 39 .524 30-11 7-8 25-21 Supersonics 32 50 .390 21-20 4-11 19-27 Mounties 29 53 .354 17-24 6-9 15-31 ---------------------------------------------------- PACIFIC W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Clippers 55 27 .671 31-10 13-2 31-15 Dukes 50 32 .610 30-11 9-6 28-18 Suns 43 39 .524 27-14 7-8 24-22 Warriors 42 40 .512 28-13 4-11 19-27 Lakers 40 42 .488 24-17 9-6 24-22 Kings 25 57 .305 18-23 3-12 15-31

Code:
2013 NBA Season Summary Awards Award Pos Name Team PPG RPG APG SPG BPG ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM of the Year: Vern Hopper Raptors Coach of the Year: Most Valuable Player: PG Percy Burton Expos 27.9 6.8 8.1 2.4 0.5 Rookie of the Year: SF Ezrah McDonald Hornets 27.2 5.2 1.8 2.4 0.6 Defender of the Year: SF Anton Coney Clippers 18.2 5.0 4.6 4.0 0.1 6th Man of the Year: SF Wilmer Hill 76ers 15.2 5.3 6.8 0.8 0.5 Most Improved Player: SF Richard Dunn Spurs 20.0 4.5 3.1 2.1 0.2 All-League 1st Team: C Milo Keene Thrashers 21.8 9.3 1.3 0.5 4.6 All-League 1st Team: F DeShea Scott Nets 26.5 7.0 4.4 3.1 0.6 All-League 1st Team: F Thomas Townsley Bucks 29.1 6.6 2.6 2.1 0.2 All-League 1st Team: G Percy Burton Expos 27.9 6.8 8.1 2.4 0.5 All-League 1st Team: G Harvey Taylor Rockets 28.6 6.7 6.7 2.4 0.4 All-League 2nd Team: C Maximo Johnson Clippers 20.5 6.0 2.3 1.6 1.9 All-League 2nd Team: F Jeramy Dean Wizards 26.6 8.6 3.4 1.8 0.7 All-League 2nd Team: F Tyler Boudreaux Nuggets 27.9 4.1 4.3 2.9 0.4 All-League 2nd Team: G Tony Gehring Celtics 25.9 6.0 10.4 1.7 0.2 All-League 2nd Team: G Willis Worrell Nuggets 19.3 4.7 10.6 3.1 0.4 All-League 3rd Team: C Otis Martin Pelicans 16.0 8.7 4.2 1.1 2.5 All-League 3rd Team: F William Loveland Colonels 26.0 5.7 3.7 3.1 1.3 All-League 3rd Team: F Ezrah McDonald Hornets 27.2 5.2 1.8 2.4 0.6 All-League 3rd Team: G Weston McDonald Colonels 21.9 3.5 10.7 1.9 0.4 All-League 3rd Team: G Long Shaw Hawks 20.2 5.1 10.5 1.4 0.4 All-Defense 1st Team: C Franklin Wayman Nets 10.1 5.7 3.5 1.8 3.3 All-Defense 1st Team: F Anton Coney Clippers 18.2 5.0 4.6 4.0 0.1 All-Defense 1st Team: F Fred Shaw Rockets 13.9 6.0 4.8 3.2 1.1 All-Defense 1st Team: G Long Peek Thrashers 18.6 4.7 8.0 3.8 0.8 All-Defense 1st Team: G Robert Silva Pelicans 15.3 5.9 6.9 3.2 0.8 All-Defense 2nd Team: C Andrew Batiste Suns 13.6 11.9 1.4 1.6 2.9 All-Defense 2nd Team: F Rickey Dryer Supersonics 21.0 5.8 6.6 3.2 1.0 All-Defense 2nd Team: F DeShea Scott Nets 26.5 7.0 4.4 3.1 0.6 All-Defense 2nd Team: G Dylan Snipes Suns 17.8 3.3 10.8 3.2 0.6 All-Defense 2nd Team: G Vernon Mink Grizzlies 17.9 5.6 7.2 3.3 0.3 All-Rookie 1st Team: C Calvin Landers Raptors 9.2 7.4 1.9 0.5 3.9 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Ezrah McDonald Hornets 27.2 5.2 1.8 2.4 0.6 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Wes Newman Jazz 19.9 6.6 3.8 1.0 0.7 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Donny Ehlers Knicks 13.7 4.7 4.6 0.3 0.1 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Richard Branham Nets 10.6 3.1 6.1 1.5 0.1 All-Rookie 2nd Team: C Albert Ferrari Celtics 9.2 6.6 1.7 0.3 1.5 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F Jose Rioux Pistons 14.4 6.9 1.5 0.3 0.6 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F Jerry Toliver Heat 14.8 8.1 2.7 1.1 1.1 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Larry Williams Magic 10.3 1.8 4.7 1.0 0.4 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Harvey Keyes Clippers 7.0 1.6 2.0 0.6 0.3

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2012-13 SEASON RECAP

Brian Yoshinori won National Player of the Year honors as the Rainbow Warriors were the lone top seed to advance to this year's Final Four. In the school's season in program history, he led them to their national championship, defeating Cinderella story The Citadel to claim the ultimate prize.

Code:
Hawaii 65, The Citadel 50 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Citadel (30-9, 10-4): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Arthur Nelson C 29 1-6 3-6 1 5 0 0 5 Justin Rodriguez PF 22 3-4 0-0 4 5 0 3 6 David McDonald SF 18 0-3 0-0 1 4 1 4 0 Dion Johnston SG 28 3-8 2-2 0 1 0 2 9 Lance Lawton SF 30 1-9 3-5 2 3 3 1 6 Quinton Roberts PG 27 2-5 8-10 1 1 0 4 13 Lyman Bickerstaff PF 13 1-3 2-4 1 3 0 0 4 Jason Helfrich PF 14 1-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 2 Mark Dejesus PG 11 0-1 1-2 0 0 3 1 1 Ronald Garvey SG 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Luis Daughtry PF 2 1-1 2-2 0 1 0 0 4 Roland Jones SF 5 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 1 0 Turnovers: 13 (A.Nelson 2, J.Rodriguez 1, D.McDonald 1, D.Johnston 1, L.Lawton 3, Q.Roberts 4, L.Bickerstaff 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (A.Nelson 1, J.Rodriguez 1) Steals: 10 (J.Rodriguez 1, D.McDonald 1, L.Lawton 1, Q.Roberts 2, L.Bickerstaff 1, M.Dejesus 2, L.Daughtry 1, R.Jones 1) 3P FGs: 3-20 (D.McDonald 0-2, D.Johnston 1-4, L.Lawton 1-9, Q.Roberts 1-4, M.Dejesus 0-1) Hawaii (36-3, 14-2): Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Caron Luna C 13 1-2 0-2 0 2 0 4 2 Dario Dillow C 29 3-4 0-0 1 6 0 1 6 Brian Yoshinori SF 26 2-7 4-5 1 3 6 4 8 Carl Rivera SG 29 9-13 0-0 1 2 1 4 21 Justin Deluca PG 29 3-4 3-3 3 5 8 3 10 Ronald Clement PG 11 1-2 0-0 0 3 1 1 3 Terry Hockett PF 22 3-6 2-2 1 1 2 4 9 Duncan Fulbright SG 11 1-3 0-0 1 1 1 3 2 Merv Clegg PF 16 0-2 0-1 1 5 0 1 0 Merrill Brown C 8 1-2 0-0 0 0 0 2 2 John Angle SF 5 1-2 0-0 1 2 0 0 2 Forrest Weiss PF 2 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 Turnovers: 17 (C.Luna 2, B.Yoshinori 2, C.Rivera 2, J.Deluca 1, R.Clement 1, T.Hockett 3, D.Fulbright 3, M.Brown 1, J.Angle 1, F.Weiss 1) Blocked Shots: 2 (C.Luna 1, D.Dillow 1) Steals: 5 (B.Yoshinori 2, C.Rivera 1, J.Deluca 1, R.Clement 1) 3P FGs: 6-21 (B.Yoshinori 0-4, C.Rivera 3-7, J.Deluca 1-2, R.Clement 1-1, T.Hockett 1-3, D.Fulbright 0-2, M.Clegg 0-1, M.Brown 0-1) Player of Game: PG Justin Deluca (HAW)

He's declared for the NBA draft after his 2nd college season and will be eligible for selection, likely as one of the top picks.

Other Top Seeds: Indiana, North Carolina A&T, Northwestern

Final AP Poll

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Northwestern (72) 30-5 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Indiana 27-7 1720 2 Big Ten Conference 3. St. John's 28-8 1609 3 Big East Conference 4. Hawaii 36-3 1606 4 Mountain West Conference 5. North Carolina A&T 30-5 1530 9 American Athletic Conference 6. UCLA 27-6 1423 5 Big 12 Conference 7. Virginia 25-7 1308 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Illinois 26-7 1273 8 Big Ten Conference 9. Texas 27-8 1239 7 Big 12 Conference 10. Maryland 28-11 1223 21 Big Ten Conference 11. USC 25-8 1057 10 Pacific-12 Conference 12. Utah State 25-10 1028 18 Pacific-12 Conference 13. Butler 24-9 874 11 Big East Conference 14. South Florida 27-8 825 16 American Athletic Conference 15. La Salle 26-8 792 14 Atlantic North Conference 16. Arizona State 25-9 787 13 Pacific-12 Conference 17. LSU 25-8 690 12 Southeastern Conference 18. George Washington 29-8 554 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Pittsburgh 25-8 461 19 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. Baylor 24-10 406 15 Big 12 Conference 21. Florida Gulf Coast 26-7 296 22 Atlantic Sun Conference 22. Iowa State 22-13 192 NR Big 12 Conference 23. Florida 21-11 185 17 Southeastern Conference 24. Georgia State 26-7 169 NR Sun Belt Conference 25. UC Davis 25-8 82 NR Big West Conference Others Receiving Votes: UTSA 26-8 71 Conference USA Kent State 26-10 64 Mid-American Conference North Texas 26-8 62 Conference USA UNLV 23-8 33 Mountain West Conference Tulane 23-10 19 American Athletic Conference Oregon State 21-11 13 Pacific-12 Conference Fresno State 23-9 6 Mountain West Conference The Citadel 30-9 3 Southern Conference
Old 07-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #26
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, national champions... I like the sound of that!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:34 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm kind of bored of every story. I don't care about the teams really. So I'm going to try something else.

Every year I'll create a new recruit from my high school and insert him into the recruit pool, we'll follow him through his career and I'll just track them. That's it.

I sim too slowly and it's getting boring and I just really want a reason to pour the through the history and I don't right now even when I sim massively.

So that's our deal. One guy a year starting now in 2014 and I just do season recaps on them, probably initially just posting their season stats and that's it. If anything else interesting happens, I'll start reporting on it.

The only other idea I have is that I'd like to take the New Jersey Generals expansion team in my league and move them. In thinking about it, I don't really think New Jersey needs an NBA team. MLB, yes. Basketball? Less so, just no natural central location for the fan base, Newark & Jersey City alone can't support a team especially when nobody in NY would care and in this league, we've got teams in Virginia and two teams in New York.

So I'd like to become a fan of that team, but only following their seasons and reporting on the sim as a fan of the team. I won't edit anybody in the NBA once they've left college and I won't change any outcomes by not saving. It'll just be a fan story.

So I'll have to decide where they're moving to and that'll be a story too.

So that's what we've got here, an alma mater story and a story about becoming a fan of a team that's decided to relocate.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:25 AM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The New Jersey Generals are moving to Chicago to take up shop. The Milwaukee Bucks moved to Pittsburgh, meaning the Chicago media market has room for another team and the new team will play a few games in Milwaukee too during the regular season to try to expand their fanbase.

The new club will be named the Chicago Atomics.

Here's their past history in New Jersey.

Code:
Chicago Atomics Team Performance Season Team W L Div Seed Result ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2013 Atomics 40 42 3 Missed Playoffs 2012 Atomics 44 38 3 6 Round 2 2011 Atomics 52 30 1 3 Round 2 2010 Atomics 56 26 1 1 Round 1 2009 Atomics 58 24 1 1 Round 1 2008 Atomics 48 34 1 2 Round 2 2007 Atomics 34 48 6 Missed Playoffs 2006 Atomics 22 60 6 Missed Playoffs

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-28-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 AM   #29
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My computer crashed and I thought I saved but didn't. So have to start the Atomics first season over. Bleh.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-28-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Another 50 year challenge

I played Pick 5 for this year's NCAA tournament. I think it's something I'll do into the future, too.

2015–16 NCAA Tournament

2) UConn (21-9, ACC) 9
4) Air Force (24-9, B12) 10
6) Baylor (21-10, B12) 28
2) Michigan (28-5, B10) 9
3) Hawaii (30-7, MWC) 12

I honestly did a lot of picking based on who I knew were on these teams, but more by their coaches. The tournament is especially topsy turvey, but I'm curious to see how accurate (or not) I can be this year. According to the actual rules, you get a point for each round a team advances and then also the equal # of points to match their seed for each round they advance.

Here's how I did:
Quote:
UConn (Lost in Sweet 16)
Baylor (Lost in Elite 8)
(I mistakenly chose both of these programs when they were supposed to meet in the Sweet 16, so they knocked one of the other out.)

Michigan (Lost in Sweet 16)
Air Force (Lost in Second Round)
Hawaii (Lost in Sweet 16)

So I scored 68 points this year.

St. John’s beat UMass for the National Championship.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #31
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2015-16 Chicago Atomics

The ATOMICS, playing their first season in Chicago made the playoffs. They lost in seven games to the Clippers in the first round, which stinks. But they did make the post-season, the Bulls didn't and that's good for keeping the fan base engaged with their new team.

Code:
Chicago Atomics Averages Player Pos Gm Gs Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/-test test test test test ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DeShea Scott SF 79 79 37.4 25.7 2.2 7.3 4.4 3.4 0.7 3.5 0.9 4.1 Wilmer Hill SG 82 82 35.1 17.4 1.0 5.8 6.6 0.7 0.5 2.5 2.8 3.8 Markus Martinez PG 64 64 35.1 14.5 1.3 3.0 9.6 2.0 0.1 2.8 2.7 3.2 Stefan Smith PF 41 41 36.1 14.3 3.4 10.0 4.2 1.3 2.2 2.0 2.4 6.2 Avondré Randolph PG 70 18 32.1 14.0 1.0 4.9 4.7 1.5 0.2 3.1 1.0 3.2 Ray Tidwell C 78 78 34.5 10.3 1.7 4.3 1.8 0.9 1.4 1.4 3.2 4.0 Monty Khoury PF 52 35 30.8 8.5 1.4 6.3 0.9 0.1 1.0 1.5 2.6 0.4 Harley Shrader PF 76 13 18.9 6.7 0.5 1.1 1.0 0.7 0.3 1.1 1.6 -0.5 Joe Bruce C 72 0 12.8 4.6 0.6 1.4 0.6 0.2 0.2 0.4 1.1 -0.6 Matthew Garrett SG 57 0 11.6 4.5 0.9 1.6 1.6 0.3 0.2 0.7 0.9 -1.4 Gerald Broadbent PG 55 0 9.5 2.9 0.1 0.6 1.3 0.7 0.1 0.7 0.4 -0.9 Kenton Calvillo PG 5 0 2.4 1.4 0.4 0.6 0.0 0.2 0.0 0.2 0.2 -2.4 Jeffery Vail SF 22 0 4.1 1.1 0.2 0.7 0.2 0.2 0.0 0.4 0.3 -2.3 Hanan Shabtai SG 20 0 2.2 0.5 0.0 0.1 0.0 0.1 0.0 0.2 0.1 -1.1 Marion Boyd PG 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

I hope they bring back DeShea Scott somehow. He's a great player and I think it'd help them continue to contend. He's the sort of star they need, but hopefully the GM doesn't screw it up. He's the league MVP, but they don't have his Bird rights, so he's probably gone.

2014-15 NBA STANDINGS

Spoiler

Code:
2014 NBA Season Summary Awards Award Pos Name Team PPG RPG APG SPG BPG ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM of the Year: Nick DeFranco Atomics Coach of the Year: Most Valuable Player: SF DeShea Scott Atomics 25.7 7.3 4.4 3.4 0.7 Rookie of the Year: SG Najeem Morrison Lakers 23.6 6.6 1.9 1.7 0.3 Defender of the Year: SF Charles Martinez Rockets 19.7 6.7 6.1 3.6 1.0 6th Man of the Year: SG Chris Staub 76ers 18.5 2.4 2.3 2.5 0.6 Most Improved Player: SG Chris Staub 76ers 18.5 2.4 2.3 2.5 0.6 All-League 1st Team: C Frances Koehn Mounties 17.8 6.6 1.8 0.3 1.5 All-League 1st Team: F DeShea Scott Atomics 25.7 7.3 4.4 3.4 0.7 All-League 1st Team: F Manny Crawford Bulls 24.4 3.6 5.3 3.2 1.2 All-League 1st Team: G Rufus Meredith Hawks 28.7 4.2 3.4 2.2 0.2 All-League 1st Team: G Harvey Taylor Rockets 23.6 5.5 6.2 2.2 0.6 All-League 2nd Team: C Charles Felipe Warriors 16.2 7.0 1.8 0.8 0.3 All-League 2nd Team: F Tanner Rose Raptors 22.7 6.9 5.5 1.4 1.6 All-League 2nd Team: F Jose Turman Pacers 25.0 6.6 5.5 1.4 0.4 All-League 2nd Team: G Willis Worrell Nuggets 17.9 4.2 10.0 3.1 0.5 All-League 2nd Team: G James Sanders Pacers 25.6 3.4 6.9 1.6 0.6 All-League 3rd Team: C Michael Lewis Pacers 12.0 9.0 2.1 0.2 4.4 All-League 3rd Team: F David Rothman Nets 26.4 4.3 4.3 0.9 0.2 All-League 3rd Team: F William Loveland Colonels 27.3 6.2 3.2 3.0 1.4 All-League 3rd Team: G Najeem Morrison Lakers 23.6 6.6 1.9 1.7 0.3 All-League 3rd Team: G Warren McDonald Wizards 20.8 5.5 7.1 2.0 0.6 All-Defense 1st Team: C Franklin Wayman Nets 9.0 6.2 3.1 1.9 3.5 All-Defense 1st Team: F Charles Martinez Rockets 19.7 6.7 6.1 3.6 1.0 All-Defense 1st Team: F Chris Tuck Cavaliers 13.7 6.4 3.2 3.1 1.3 All-Defense 1st Team: G Willis Worrell Nuggets 17.9 4.2 10.0 3.1 0.5 All-Defense 1st Team: G Gary Roberts Expos 18.9 5.2 9.0 3.1 0.2 All-Defense 2nd Team: C Justin Torres Wizards 9.7 6.1 1.8 0.8 4.4 All-Defense 2nd Team: F DeShea Scott Atomics 25.7 7.3 4.4 3.4 0.7 All-Defense 2nd Team: F John Moores Lakers 16.3 5.8 5.3 3.1 1.3 All-Defense 2nd Team: G Omar Winton Trail Blazers 14.2 4.7 8.6 2.7 0.7 All-Defense 2nd Team: G David Exum Thrashers 12.2 2.3 8.7 2.4 0.2 All-Rookie 1st Team: C David Miller Mavericks 9.4 6.9 2.7 0.6 1.6 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Kaleem Palmer Mounties 17.3 7.4 2.4 0.4 0.5 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Sequan Green Bulls 11.5 7.8 3.6 0.2 0.9 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Najeem Morrison Lakers 23.6 6.6 1.9 1.7 0.3 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Steven Valdez Knicks 17.1 5.7 5.4 1.3 0.3 All-Rookie 2nd Team: C Dallas Kavanaugh Heat 13.0 6.8 1.2 0.2 1.2 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F Michel Brown Trail Blazers 11.2 7.8 1.6 0.9 0.9 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F Joshua Vanness Knicks 10.5 4.0 1.9 1.2 0.4 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Theodore Dill Pacers 11.1 5.9 5.4 2.0 0.7 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Avondré Randolph Atomics 14.0 4.9 4.7 1.5 0.2
Old 07-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #32
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2016-17 PICK 5
Quote:
1 Marquette (Sweet 16)
4 Rutgers (1st round)
7 Pepperdine (2nd round)
4 La Salle (National Final)
6 Villanova (1st round)

Good news, La Salle made the national title game. Bad news, two of my selections lost in the first round. I scored only 52 points this year.

Indiana beats La Salle for the national title.
Code:
Indiana 64, La Salle 50 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Alec Murphy C 31 0-1 3-6 0 3 6 3 3 Tobias Otto PF 12 1-1 1-1 1 2 1 4 3 Tijani Taylor PF 32 6-10 5-8 1 8 1 2 18 Xavier Waters SF 25 5-7 0-0 1 3 0 3 12 Thomas Franko PG 29 2-5 0-0 1 3 2 3 6 Frank Kim SG 16 1-1 1-4 0 1 1 0 3 Cecil Hobson SG 19 3-4 1-3 1 4 1 3 9 Garrell Knight SF 14 2-2 0-0 0 2 0 2 6 Andrew Conde SG 4 1-1 2-2 0 1 1 2 4 Jacinto Vicente PG 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 Don Paradis PF 13 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 0 0 Jakobe Brayton C 4 0-3 0-0 3 3 0 1 0 Turnovers: 17 (A.Murphy 1, T.Taylor 2, X.Waters 3, T.Franko 2, F.Kim 2, C.Hobson 2, G.Knight 4, A.Conde 1) Blocked Shots: 1 (A.Murphy 1) Steals: 3 (T.Franko 1, F.Kim 1, C.Hobson 1) 3P FGs: 9-12 (T.Taylor 1-2, X.Waters 2-2, T.Franko 2-3, C.Hobson 2-3, G.Knight 2-2) La Salle: Player Pos Min Fgm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast PF Pts Arthur Lopez C 19 2-4 0-1 0 0 0 4 4 Demetrius Wolford PF 21 4-6 2-4 1 2 0 4 10 Marco Restol SF 29 5-15 4-5 2 3 0 3 15 Ronald Blackwell SG 26 2-6 2-3 2 7 2 4 7 Ivory Woods III PG 29 1-3 0-0 1 4 3 2 2 Scott Rader SG 17 0-2 2-5 1 2 1 0 2 Carlito Fuentes PG 7 1-1 0-0 0 0 0 2 3 Ezrah Boyd PF 14 1-3 0-0 1 1 0 3 2 Kazimir Korolev PF 15 1-2 0-1 0 1 1 1 2 Paul Pfeifer SF 9 0-2 0-0 0 2 1 0 0 Adolph Tom C 12 1-1 0-0 2 3 0 1 3 Turnovers: 11 (A.Lopez 2, D.Wolford 2, I.Woods III 3, S.Rader 1, E.Boyd 1, A.Tom 2) Blocked Shots: 3 (A.Lopez 1, D.Wolford 1, E.Boyd 1) Steals: 8 (M.Restol 3, R.Blackwell 2, I.Woods III 3) 3P FGs: 4-15 (M.Restol 1-6, R.Blackwell 1-3, I.Woods III 0-2, S.Rader 0-1, C.Fuentes 1-1, P.Pfeifer 0-1, A.Tom 1-1) Player of Game: SF Tijani Taylor (IND)

Cesar Zarate's grandfather is a hall of famer, so it'll be fun to see how he does as he's likely going pro.

Code:
2016 OVERALL AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: SO SF Cesar Zarate III Michigan 23.2 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 2.1 APG 2.2 SPG, 1.2 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR SF Rakkan Bryant South Carolina 15.1 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 5.1 APG 2.0 SPG, 1.3 BPG Coach of the Year: Deandre Robinson Michigan 35 - 2 (18 - 0) All-league 1st Team: C JR Terry Partlow Southern Illinois 15.9 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.4 SPG, 2.0 BPG PF JR Tavell Jennings LSU 13.9 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.6 SPG, 1.9 BPG SF SO Cesar Zarate III Michigan 23.2 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 2.1 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.2 BPG SG JR Rory Dawes Rice 10.1 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 3.9 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.6 BPG PG SO Jack Carrol Jr. Air Force 15.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.8 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.9 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C SR Gayle Riley Miami 13.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.2 BPG PF SR Kilyan Leblanc Saint Joseph's 13.0 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.1 BPG SF FR Rakkan Bryant South Carolina 15.1 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 5.1 APG, 2.0 SPG, 1.3 BPG SG SR Sebastian Horsley Utah State 17.0 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.9 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.5 BPG PG SR Bertrand Cope Virginia Tech 18.6 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 4.2 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.2 BPG All-league 3rd Team: C SR Homer Coggins Northern Iowa 10.2 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.2 SPG, 2.0 BPG PF JR Bob Scalise Fresno State 12.8 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.7 BPG SF SR Jonathan Cannon Utah State 16.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG FR Jamaad Stanley North Carolina State 13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.7 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.5 BPG PG SR Quinn Alefounder Missouri State 16.6 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 4.3 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Alex Easley Arkansas 4.4 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 0.9 APG, 0.4 SPG, 1.0 BPG PF FR Arthur Gott Syracuse 8.2 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 0.7 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.2 BPG SF FR Rakkan Bryant South Carolina 15.1 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 5.1 APG, 2.0 SPG, 1.3 BPG SG FR Jamaad Stanley North Carolina State 13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.7 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.5 BPG PG FR Devajee Mitchell Miami 7.7 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 5.6 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.1 BPG
Old 07-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2015-16 NBA RECAP

Atomics won the NBA title in their 2nd year in Chicago. Bulls lost in the 1st round to the Hornets in the East. Atomics resigned DeShea Scott like I hoped to a 7-year deal worth over $200m. They also had the #1 pick because of a previous trade made with the Knicks that netted them into the Atomics into the lottery and surely that helped too. Jack Short from Marquette is a wonderkid.

Code:
Chicago Atomics Averages Player Pos Gm Gs Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/-test test test test test ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wilmer Hill SG 82 82 34.6 17.9 1.0 5.5 6.2 0.7 0.6 2.3 2.9 6.0 Ray Tidwell C 82 82 34.3 9.3 1.7 4.1 1.8 0.9 1.4 1.4 3.2 5.7 Cortez Prado PG 82 29 21.0 8.4 0.4 2.5 5.8 0.8 0.1 1.9 0.7 0.7 DeShea Scott SF 73 73 37.9 24.7 2.3 7.5 5.1 3.8 0.8 3.6 0.6 7.0 Harley Shrader PF 72 1 17.6 9.4 0.6 1.3 1.2 1.0 0.5 1.2 1.3 0.1 Alan Rogers C 70 0 14.3 4.9 0.8 1.8 1.0 0.3 0.2 0.9 1.2 -0.9 James Downes SG 70 0 10.3 2.8 0.4 1.6 0.7 0.5 0.1 0.9 1.0 -1.4 Avondré Randolph PG 64 61 35.8 16.1 1.0 4.7 5.8 1.6 0.3 3.9 1.1 5.3 Stefan Smith PF 64 63 34.7 11.5 2.9 9.0 3.5 0.9 2.4 2.2 2.7 4.0 Jack Short PF 53 19 31.4 12.6 1.3 4.1 2.6 1.7 0.6 2.6 1.5 2.7 Marion Boyd PG 22 0 8.4 2.3 0.2 0.7 1.0 0.3 0.2 0.9 0.3 -3.5 George Tamez SF 20 0 4.0 0.7 0.3 0.7 0.4 0.3 0.0 0.3 0.3 1.7 Johnny Lemay SF 8 0 3.4 0.3 0.1 0.4 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.1 -1.0 Denver Fairfield SF 2 0 1.5 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.5 -1.5 Tommy Brynildsen C 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

Code:
2015 NBA Season Summary Awards Award Pos Name Team PPG RPG APG SPG BPG ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM of the Year: Oleksandr Fabunmi Cavaliers Coach of the Year: Most Valuable Player: SF Ezrah McDonald Hornets 33.3 6.5 1.9 2.8 0.8 Rookie of the Year: PG Zachary Gifford Spurs 16.9 4.2 6.8 1.9 0.1 Defender of the Year: SF William Loveland Colonels 25.8 6.6 3.4 3.8 1.5 6th Man of the Year: SF Robert Silva Pelicans 15.2 5.7 5.8 3.3 1.0 Most Improved Player: PG Charles Farrington Nets 16.8 4.8 7.2 2.0 0.4 All-League 1st Team: C Daniel Latimer Timberwolves 20.2 8.9 4.0 0.7 4.1 All-League 1st Team: F Ezrah McDonald Hornets 33.3 6.5 1.9 2.8 0.8 All-League 1st Team: F Manny Crawford Bulls 26.5 3.9 5.2 3.3 1.1 All-League 1st Team: G Dylan Snipes Pelicans 26.2 4.2 8.5 3.0 0.7 All-League 1st Team: G Jordain Vinchevsky Hawks 18.2 2.2 13.5 3.9 0.1 All-League 2nd Team: C Milo Keene Thrashers 17.2 9.0 1.3 0.4 2.4 All-League 2nd Team: F DeShea Scott Atomics 24.7 7.5 5.1 3.8 0.8 All-League 2nd Team: F William Loveland Colonels 25.8 6.6 3.4 3.8 1.5 All-League 2nd Team: G Long Shaw Raptors 22.1 5.6 9.7 1.6 0.6 All-League 2nd Team: G Percy Burton Magic 24.4 6.2 7.2 2.5 0.5 All-League 3rd Team: C Brian Crocker Spurs 14.1 6.5 1.5 0.7 2.5 All-League 3rd Team: F Charles Martinez Rockets 22.3 7.7 5.2 3.2 1.2 All-League 3rd Team: F Tanner Rose Raptors 22.1 6.3 5.4 1.2 1.7 All-League 3rd Team: G Chris Staub 76ers 28.7 3.2 4.2 3.3 0.8 All-League 3rd Team: G Bobby Gordon Cavaliers 23.6 7.2 4.8 2.8 1.0 All-Defense 1st Team: C Kenneth Brownlee Rockets 8.9 6.5 2.3 1.6 3.6 All-Defense 1st Team: F William Loveland Colonels 25.8 6.6 3.4 3.8 1.5 All-Defense 1st Team: F DeShea Scott Atomics 24.7 7.5 5.1 3.8 0.8 All-Defense 1st Team: G Jordain Vinchevsky Hawks 18.2 2.2 13.5 3.9 0.1 All-Defense 1st Team: G Alan Gile Warriors 21.9 3.7 3.8 3.1 1.4 All-Defense 2nd Team: C Justin Torres Wizards 9.1 6.0 2.2 1.0 3.9 All-Defense 2nd Team: F Manny Crawford Bulls 26.5 3.9 5.2 3.3 1.1 All-Defense 2nd Team: F Robert Silva Pelicans 15.2 5.7 5.8 3.3 1.0 All-Defense 2nd Team: G Chris Staub 76ers 28.7 3.2 4.2 3.3 0.8 All-Defense 2nd Team: G Dylan Snipes Pelicans 26.2 4.2 8.5 3.0 0.7 All-Rookie 1st Team: C Freeman Davenport 76ers 10.0 6.0 1.1 0.4 3.0 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Sakeem Hubbard Dukes 15.2 6.8 2.0 1.2 0.8 All-Rookie 1st Team: F Wilmer Lindner Trail Blazers 15.8 6.9 2.7 0.4 3.2 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Zachary Gifford Spurs 16.9 4.2 6.8 1.9 0.1 All-Rookie 1st Team: G Gale Falls Mounties 14.8 5.9 7.0 2.2 0.2 All-Rookie 2nd Team: C Elwood Jacobs Jazz 9.2 6.9 1.4 0.3 1.6 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F David Tolbert Raptors 7.9 4.4 5.5 2.2 0.5 All-Rookie 2nd Team: F Adrian Hernandez Celtics 15.5 4.6 4.3 0.9 0.7 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Kelvin Ingram Clippers 17.2 4.3 4.3 1.4 0.2 All-Rookie 2nd Team: G Jordan Spencer Pistons 12.5 3.4 9.0 1.4 0.2

Code:
2015 NBA Standings ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- METROPOLITAN W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Raptors 59 23 .720 35-6 11-4 33-13 Pelicans 58 24 .707 33-8 10-5 34-12 76ers 44 38 .537 28-13 8-7 23-23 Celtics 29 53 .354 19-22 6-9 15-31 Knicks 22 60 .268 18-23 6-9 13-33 Nets 21 61 .256 14-27 4-11 10-36 ---------------------------------------------------- ATLANTIC W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Hornets 52 30 .634 28-13 12-3 27-19 Expos 46 36 .561 27-14 8-7 24-22 Heat 44 38 .537 28-13 9-6 25-21 Wizards 41 41 .500 25-16 7-8 24-22 Magic 36 46 .439 23-18 7-8 18-28 Thrashers 21 61 .256 16-25 2-13 10-36 ---------------------------------------------------- CENTRAL W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Cavaliers 58 24 .707 33-8 9-6 34-12 Bulls 52 30 .634 28-13 10-5 28-18 Yellowjackets 47 35 .573 29-12 8-7 28-18 Pistons 43 39 .524 26-15 7-8 27-19 Colonels 39 43 .476 24-17 7-8 23-23 Pacers 34 48 .415 19-22 4-11 18-28 ---------------------------------------------------- CONTINENTAL W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Atomics 53 29 .646 34-7 8-7 28-18 Hawks 47 35 .573 28-13 9-6 27-19 Rockets 45 37 .549 25-16 6-9 24-22 Jazz 43 39 .524 26-15 9-6 27-19 Grizzlies 39 43 .476 24-17 8-7 26-20 Spurs 34 48 .415 20-21 5-10 18-28 ---------------------------------------------------- FRONTIER W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Nuggets 51 31 .622 28-13 13-2 28-18 Trail Blazers 42 40 .512 27-14 9-6 24-22 Mounties 39 43 .476 24-17 7-8 21-25 Timberwolves 36 46 .439 19-22 6-9 17-29 Kings 35 47 .427 23-18 6-9 16-30 Supersonics 21 61 .256 15-26 4-11 9-37 ---------------------------------------------------- PACIFIC W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Warriors 50 32 .610 30-11 10-5 30-16 Suns 44 38 .537 31-10 8-7 28-18 Lakers 41 41 .500 30-11 9-6 27-19 Mavericks 39 43 .476 23-18 5-10 23-23 Dukes 37 45 .451 24-17 5-10 20-26 Clippers 34 48 .415 19-22 8-7 21-25
Old 07-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #34
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NBA champs through 2021
Code:
NBA Champs Season Champ Wins Runner-up Wins MVP Team ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 Jazz 4 Heat 3 Kamoni Foster Jazz 2020 Thrashers 4 Warriors 2 Tamonte Reynolds Thrashers 2019 Celtics 4 Lakers 2 Luther Cumming Celtics 2018 Cavaliers 4 Atomics 3 Bobby Gordon Cavaliers 2017 Atomics 4 Raptors 2 Jack Short Atomics 2016 Warriors 4 Cavaliers 1 Alan Gile Warriors 2015 Atomics 4 Raptors 0 DeShea Scott Atomics 2014 Nuggets 4 Pelicans 3 Willis Worrell Nuggets 2013 Rockets 4 Pelicans 0 Harvey Taylor Rockets 2012 Thrashers 4 Suns 1 Milo Keene Thrashers 2011 Expos 4 Supersonics 2 Stephan Hsu Expos 2010 Colonels 4 Trail Blazers 3 Manual Kepler Colonels 2009 Jazz 4 Raptors 2 Jeffry Eck Jazz 2008 Thrashers 4 Supersonics 3 Jamar Glick Thrashers 2007 Trail Blazers 4 Cavaliers 3 Rex Thibodeau Trail Blazers 2006 Celtics 4 Mavericks 2 Norbert Crawford Celtics 2005 Trail Blazers 4 Celtics 0 Rex Thibodeau Trail Blazers 2004 Grizzlies 4 Magic 2 Joseph Johnson Grizzlies 2003 Mavericks 4 Pelicans 3 Brian Vance Mavericks 2002 Trail Blazers 4 Pacers 3 Brian Tillman Trail Blazers 2001 Clippers 4 Magic 3 Warren Milton Clippers 2000 Raptors 4 Clippers 2 Dexter Findley Raptors 1999 Raptors 4 Clippers 2 Harris Desjardins Raptors 1998 Hawks 4 Pistons 3 Leonel Gott Hawks 1997 Hawks 4 Hornets 3 Leonel Gott Hawks 1996 Hawks 4 Celtics 0 Chris Morton Hawks 1995 Hawks 4 Lakers 0 Chris Morton Hawks 1994 Heat 4 Lakers 2 William Cruz Heat 1993 Heat 4 Jazz 1 William Cruz Heat 1992 Heat 4 Rockets 2 Charles Perkins Heat 1991 Cavaliers 4 Jazz 1 Lawrence Carter Cavaliers 1990 Lakers 4 Pacers 3 Jarrod Riehl Lakers 1989 Pistons 4 Nuggets 1 Jose Bryant Pistons 1988 Bulls 4 Pacers 0 Adam Hayes Bulls 1987 Cavaliers 4 Trail Blazers 1 Lawrence Carter Cavaliers 1986 76ers 4 Trail Blazers 1 Erwin Beene 76ers 1985 76ers 4 Lakers 3 Erwin Beene 76ers 1984 Kings 4 Hawks 2 James Schexnayder Kings 1983 76ers 4 Rockets 0 Erwin Beene 76ers Season Champ Wins Runner-up Wins MVP Team ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1982 Raptors 4 Timberwolves 3 David Arsenault Raptors 1981 Pistons 4 Lakers 2 Douglas Gipson Pistons 1980 Pistons 4 Kings 3 Daniel Yoo Pistons 1979 Pistons 4 Rockets 3 Daniel Yoo Pistons 1978 Raptors 4 Jazz 3 David Arsenault Raptors 1977 Mavericks 4 Raptors 2 Joseph Wortman Mavericks 1976 Celtics 4 Spurs 3 John Barrick Celtics 1975 Wizards 4 Mavericks 1 Joshua Smallwood Wizards 1974 Bulls 4 Grizzlies 3 Dante Donohoe Bulls 1973 Nuggets 4 Pistons 0 Cesar Zarate Nuggets 1972 Nuggets 4 Pistons 3 Cesar Zarate Nuggets 1971 Grizzlies 4 Cavaliers 1 Gregory Young Grizzlies 1970 Hawks 4 Grizzlies 3 Charles Duron Hawks 1969 Grizzlies 4 Bobcats 3 Ron Pettiford Grizzlies 1968 Timberwolves 4 76ers 3 Tony Speaks Timberwolves 1967 Rockets 4 Bobcats 3 Charles Tuttle Rockets 1966 Bobcats 4 Kings 3 Shannon Capps Bobcats 1965 Raptors 4 Clippers 3 Angelo Williams Raptors 1964 Clippers 4 Hawks 2 Alphonso Hunter Clippers 1963 Mavericks 4 Hawks 3 Mitch Rowe Mavericks 1962 Timberwolves 4 Celtics 3 Demetrius Bell Timberwolves 1961 Bobcats 4 Jazz 1 Benedict Gray Bobcats 1960 Celtics 4 Trail Blazers 1 Mitch Rowe Celtics 1959 Cavaliers 4 Lakers 2 Jeremy Mendez Cavaliers 1958 Trail Blazers 4 Heat 2 Scott Young Trail Blazers 1957 Bulls 4 Suns 0 Arthur Leith Bulls 1956 Cavaliers 4 Timberwolves 2 Jeremy Mendez Cavaliers 1955 Nets 4 Timberwolves 2 Merle Messner Nets 1954 Raptors 4 Timberwolves 3 Doyle Prickett Raptors 1953 Timberwolves 4 Celtics 2 Rosendo McLaughlin Timberwolves 1952 Lakers 4 Pistons 0 Merle Messner Lakers 1951 Lakers 4 Raptors 3 Merle Messner Lakers 1950 Pacers 4 Clippers 3 Brock Frazier Pacers 1949 Hawks 4 Mavericks 0 Edgar Sass Hawks 1948 Hawks 4 Mavericks 2 Lyman Kautz Hawks 1947 Wizards 4 Thunder 0 Ron Hamer Wizards
Old 07-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Basically I wanted to create the CFL of the NBA but based domestically in markets so the NBA doesn't have to expand anymore.

That way, all of those players whose careers we followed in college who maybe didn't pan out when they got to the pros for whatever reason, would manage to be somewhere centralized where I could find them. It's partially because the game is bad at discovery, but also because I'm just curious how a salary capped league attracting second tier talent and having to compete with foreign leagues for players, even with a bit of a salary advantage would perform.

What I really want to do is take over my favorite team - the Chicago Atomics - and just delve more into their story.

The New Jersey Generals moved to Chicago -- and the Western Conference -- in 2014 after five years as an expansion team playing in New Jersey and hoping to replace the Nets.

Their new owners decided that Chicago was a better market, the Bulls are not as relevant as they once were and they felt with the suburbs isolated from the city, that they could capitalize on the population there to create less of a cross-town rival and more of a team that gives suburbanites someone to root for. With the Milwaukee Bucks moving to Pittsburgh, this opened up more homes and the Atomics still play 3 regular season games in Milwaukee each year to burnish that fanbase.

The Atomics have been a success on and off the court. They won their first title just two years after moving to the city and claimed a second in 2017. Since losing in the NBA Finals in 2018, the team has missed the post-season two of the last three years and the franchise is at a crossroads heading into the 2023-24 season.

Code:
Chicago Atomics Team Performance Season Team W L Div Seed Result ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 Atomics 30 52 4 Missed Playoffs 2021 Atomics 48 34 2 5 Round 2 2020 Atomics 40 42 4 Missed Playoffs 2019 Atomics 42 40 2 6 Round 2 2018 Atomics 59 23 1 2 League Finals 2017 Atomics 62 20 1 1 League Champion 2016 Atomics 53 29 1 3 Round 1 2015 Atomics 53 29 1 1 League Champion 2014 Atomics 49 33 1 4 Round 1 2013 Atomics 42 40 4 Missed Playoffs 2012 Atomics 44 38 3 6 Round 2 2011 Atomics 52 30 1 3 Round 2 2010 Atomics 56 26 1 1 Round 1 2009 Atomics 58 24 1 1 Round 1 2008 Atomics 48 34 1 2 Round 2 2007 Atomics 34 48 6 Missed Playoffs 2006 Atomics 22 60 6 Missed Playoffs

I remember vividly when the Atomics orchestrated the deal with Brooklyn to bring DeShea Scott to Chicago. It was a huge move at the time and it's been a success that worked for both him and the franchise. But Scott has a huge contract with several years left, the Atomics are in a weird place and Scott is getting older. Ownership is considering moving him elsewhere so he can win another ring and giving the club the best chance to start rebuilding.

That said, he's been here for nine years and there hasn't ever been a Chicago Atomics team that didn't feature DeShea Scott in the lineup. Forget the sentimental, he's still a very good player.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #26 SF DeShea Scott - Atomics ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-6 Weight: 231 DOB: 12/13/1989 (33) College: Princeton Hometown: Somerville, NJ Exp: 12 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $37,322,416 Length: 3 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 82 37.0 18.9 2.0 5.9 4.0 2.9 1.40 2.5 0.4 1.1 2021 NBA CGO 82 82 37.8 20.2 1.9 6.7 4.9 3.0 1.65 3.1 0.6 0.7 2020 NBA CGO 82 82 36.9 17.8 1.9 6.8 3.0 2.1 1.39 2.2 0.7 0.6 2019 NBA CGO 82 82 36.8 19.2 1.9 6.7 4.3 3.0 1.43 3.0 0.6 0.7 2018 NBA CGO 66 66 36.2 19.7 1.5 6.2 4.2 2.6 1.63 2.9 0.6 0.6 2017 NBA CGO 82 82 36.1 20.8 1.9 6.4 4.0 3.2 1.26 3.3 0.8 0.5 2016 NBA CGO 32 32 36.9 23.8 2.1 6.7 5.3 3.7 1.42 4.2 0.9 0.4 2015 NBA CGO 73 73 37.9 24.7 2.3 7.5 5.1 3.6 1.40 3.8 0.8 0.6 2014 NBA CGO 79 79 37.4 25.7 2.2 7.3 4.4 3.5 1.26 3.4 0.7 0.9 2013 NBA BRK 77 77 37.2 23.0 2.1 7.1 4.5 3.2 1.38 3.1 0.7 0.9 2012 NBA BRK 74 74 37.0 23.2 2.1 7.0 4.9 3.5 1.39 2.6 0.6 0.9 2011 NBA BRK 82 82 37.3 21.3 2.4 6.6 5.0 3.2 1.55 2.4 0.5 1.3 Career 893 893 37.1 21.4 2.0 6.7 4.4 3.1 1.55 3.0 0.7 0.8 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 7.3 15.6 .469 3.4 4.5 .766 4.3 6.8 .640 2.2 5.7 .379 0.8 3.2 .265 2021 7.8 16.2 .483 3.6 4.9 .735 4.9 7.6 .638 2.1 5.5 .378 0.9 3.2 .291 2020 7.1 13.2 .540 3.0 4.1 .749 5.6 8.7 .643 1.1 2.6 .405 0.5 1.9 .253 2019 7.8 14.3 .544 3.0 4.2 .716 5.6 7.7 .720 1.5 3.8 .408 0.7 2.8 .242 2018 7.9 13.8 .573 3.2 4.2 .756 5.7 7.7 .743 1.4 3.4 .410 0.8 2.7 .291 2017 8.0 14.3 .557 4.0 5.2 .769 6.1 8.5 .712 1.2 3.4 .340 0.8 2.4 .318 2016 9.0 17.1 .527 4.4 5.8 .753 6.1 9.5 .640 1.6 4.5 .364 1.3 3.2 .422 2015 9.7 17.8 .544 4.1 5.5 .757 6.7 9.6 .700 1.8 4.4 .409 1.2 3.8 .309 2014 10.3 18.1 .568 4.2 5.7 .736 7.5 10.3 .723 1.8 4.5 .402 1.0 3.2 .306 2013 8.5 18.2 .467 4.9 6.6 .745 5.8 9.1 .643 1.6 5.0 .327 1.0 4.1 .252 2012 8.8 17.3 .509 4.5 5.7 .785 5.9 9.0 .653 1.7 4.4 .387 1.2 3.8 .307 2011 8.0 16.4 .487 4.3 5.4 .787 5.3 8.1 .653 1.5 4.5 .341 1.1 3.7 .301 Career 8.3 16.0 .520 3.9 5.1 .755 5.7 8.5 .677 1.6 4.3 .377 0.9 3.2 .291 Stat Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 82 3035 1553 167 481 327 234 205 29 93 -320 2021 NBA CGO 82 82 3096 1656 152 551 404 245 255 50 60 160 2020 NBA CGO 82 82 3026 1457 159 557 244 175 181 57 50 -39 2019 NBA CGO 82 82 3021 1578 155 546 352 247 245 48 56 266 2018 NBA CGO 66 66 2389 1299 102 412 280 172 190 42 38 636 2017 NBA CGO 82 82 2960 1702 153 523 331 262 271 63 44 687 2016 NBA CGO 32 32 1180 761 66 214 168 118 134 30 14 213 2015 NBA CGO 73 73 2768 1804 168 546 369 264 277 62 45 513 2014 NBA CGO 79 79 2952 2029 172 577 349 278 271 55 72 327 2013 NBA BRK 77 77 2864 1769 159 546 343 248 235 57 70 292 2012 NBA BRK 74 74 2736 1719 157 518 360 259 195 48 68 337 2011 NBA BRK 82 82 3062 1748 196 545 411 266 197 42 110 155 Career 893 893 33089 19075 1806 6016 3938 2768 2656 583 720 3227 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 601 1282 282 368 69 260 2021 643 1332 294 400 76 261 2020 584 1081 250 334 39 154 2019 639 1175 244 341 56 231 2018 520 908 208 275 51 175 2017 655 1175 330 429 62 195 2016 289 548 140 186 43 102 2015 708 1301 302 399 86 278 2014 810 1426 331 450 78 255 2013 655 1402 379 509 80 317 2012 650 1277 333 424 86 280 2011 653 1342 350 445 92 306 Career 7407 14249 3443 4560 818 2814 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 .537 1.21 16.3 11.7 0.0 7.7 13.8 10.8 0.0 0.0 0.0 -3.9 104.8 110.6 2021 NBA CGO 82 .549 1.24 18.7 11.4 25.2 6.9 16.3 11.9 22.9 574.8 19.2 2.0 105.4 103.0 2020 NBA CGO 82 .593 1.35 14.8 10.6 20.6 7.6 17.4 12.7 21.9 471.6 15.7 -0.5 111.7 112.8 2019 NBA CGO 82 .595 1.34 18.3 12.8 23.5 7.6 16.2 12.3 23.3 575.7 19.2 3.2 111.2 106.5 2018 NBA CGO 66 .632 1.43 18.9 11.6 22.4 6.6 15.7 11.7 24.8 508.2 16.9 9.6 116.0 102.3 2017 NBA CGO 82 .624 1.45 16.9 13.4 24.4 7.4 15.0 11.6 23.6 579.0 19.3 8.4 112.4 100.6 2016 NBA CGO 32 .603 1.39 18.3 12.9 28.3 8.2 16.1 12.4 26.3 278.2 9.3 6.7 112.7 103.7 2015 NBA CGO 73 .611 1.39 17.5 12.5 27.6 8.6 17.3 13.2 26.3 651.9 21.7 7.0 111.3 102.1 2014 NBA CGO 79 .624 1.42 15.5 12.4 28.2 8.0 17.2 12.8 26.7 713.5 23.8 4.1 112.5 106.8 2013 NBA BRK 77 .544 1.26 15.5 11.2 28.7 6.7 17.2 11.9 22.5 512.6 17.1 3.8 110.8 106.0 2012 NBA BRK 74 .587 1.35 17.3 12.4 28.3 7.3 16.2 11.8 24.3 561.9 18.7 4.6 112.2 105.9 2011 NBA BRK 82 .568 1.30 18.6 12.0 26.6 8.0 14.2 11.1 21.6 509.6 17.0 1.9 110.1 107.5 Career 893 .587 1.34 17.2 12.1 25.6 7.5 16.0 12.0 21.6 5936.9 197.9 3.6 110.7 105.8 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 12 38.3 20.8 1.8 6.9 5.2 3.5 1.48 4.3 0.8 0.6 2019 NBA CGO 11 11 39.7 17.4 2.2 8.0 3.2 1.9 1.67 1.6 0.5 0.8 2018 NBA CGO 18 18 35.3 17.9 1.4 6.9 4.6 3.2 1.44 2.3 0.8 0.8 2017 NBA CGO 20 20 37.6 21.1 1.7 5.7 3.6 3.3 1.09 3.6 0.5 0.7 2015 NBA CGO 21 21 38.4 26.5 2.0 7.2 5.1 4.0 1.29 4.1 0.6 0.6 2014 NBA CGO 7 7 37.4 23.6 2.7 8.1 4.7 4.7 1.00 5.3 0.9 0.3 2012 NBA BRK 5 5 29.8 25.0 2.6 6.6 3.0 3.6 0.83 1.2 0.8 0.8 2011 NBA BRK 7 7 37.4 25.1 1.9 5.7 3.0 2.7 1.11 2.7 0.1 1.9 Career 101 101 37.3 21.9 1.9 6.8 4.2 3.4 1.11 3.3 0.6 0.8 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 8.5 19.1 .445 2.7 3.7 .727 5.3 8.8 .594 2.2 6.7 .325 1.1 3.6 .302 2019 6.6 12.2 .545 3.5 4.6 .745 5.1 8.2 .622 0.9 1.8 .500 0.6 2.2 .292 2018 7.1 12.2 .584 3.1 4.9 .629 5.2 6.8 .770 1.3 2.8 .451 0.6 2.6 .239 2017 8.5 15.6 .542 3.6 4.8 .740 6.1 9.0 .682 1.8 3.8 .467 0.6 2.9 .207 2015 10.4 18.5 .562 4.7 5.9 .790 7.1 10.5 .679 2.1 4.4 .484 1.1 3.5 .311 2014 10.0 18.3 .547 2.7 3.6 .760 8.0 11.9 .675 1.1 2.6 .444 0.9 3.9 .222 2012 8.8 18.8 .468 5.2 6.4 .813 5.4 8.2 .659 1.2 5.2 .231 2.2 5.4 .407 2011 8.6 15.7 .545 6.6 8.4 .780 5.9 8.3 .707 1.3 3.3 .391 1.4 4.1 .345 Career 8.6 16.0 .535 3.8 5.1 .742 6.0 8.9 .677 1.6 3.8 .420 0.9 3.2 .284 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 12 459 249 22 83 62 42 51 10 7 25 2019 NBA CGO 11 11 437 191 24 88 35 21 18 6 9 -20 2018 NBA CGO 18 18 635 323 25 124 82 57 42 14 14 61 2017 NBA CGO 20 20 752 421 33 114 72 66 72 9 14 119 2015 NBA CGO 21 21 807 557 43 151 108 84 87 12 13 77 2014 NBA CGO 7 7 262 165 19 57 33 33 37 6 2 18 2012 NBA BRK 5 5 149 125 13 33 15 18 6 4 4 -46 2011 NBA BRK 7 7 262 176 13 40 21 19 19 1 13 -8 Career 101 101 3763 2207 192 690 428 340 332 62 76 226 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 102 229 32 44 13 43 2019 73 134 38 51 7 24 2018 128 219 56 89 11 46 2017 169 312 71 96 12 58 2015 218 388 98 124 23 74 2014 70 128 19 25 6 27 2012 44 94 26 32 11 27 2011 60 110 46 59 10 29 Career 864 1614 386 520 93 328 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 .500 1.09 17.6 11.9 27.8 7.0 17.3 12.4 16.8 43.2 1.4 2.1 104.6 101.7 2019 NBA CGO 11 .615 1.43 16.5 9.9 18.4 8.0 18.8 13.8 15.2 31.0 1.0 -1.8 107.6 110.5 2018 NBA CGO 18 .628 1.47 20.7 14.4 22.2 5.9 18.5 13.0 16.7 58.9 2.0 3.4 110.0 104.1 2017 NBA CGO 20 .593 1.35 14.6 13.4 24.0 6.3 13.6 10.2 17.1 74.1 2.5 6.0 108.9 101.5 2015 NBA CGO 21 .628 1.44 17.0 13.2 29.1 7.8 17.7 13.0 21.5 132.5 4.4 3.7 112.2 107.8 2014 NBA CGO 7 .590 1.29 16.1 16.1 28.0 9.8 18.4 14.3 21.4 42.9 1.4 2.6 116.9 112.6 2012 NBA BRK 5 .574 1.33 10.6 12.8 35.3 10.2 17.4 13.6 21.2 23.7 0.8 -9.2 103.3 119.1 2011 NBA BRK 7 .647 1.60 11.9 10.8 24.6 6.4 12.8 9.6 19.6 35.6 1.2 -1.1 108.8 110.9 Career 101 .599 1.37 16.4 13.0 25.4 7.3 16.8 12.3 18.4 442.0 14.7 2.2 109.5 106.5 Career Highs: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 40 8 14 8 7 2 7 13 25 14 16 4 8 Playoff 51 10 14 9 8 4 11 20 27 10 13 5 13 Career 51 10 16 12 10 5 11 20 35 17 20 6 13 Awards & Achievements: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 286 Total Player of the Week: 19 Total Player of the Month: 6 Total All-Star Appearances: 8 Total All-Star Game MVP : 2 Total All-League First Team : 1 Total All-League Second Team : 2 Total All-Defensive First Team : 3 Total All-Defensive Second Team : 4 Total Playoff MVP : 1 Total Most Valuable Player : 1 Total Championships: 2 2021 NBA All-Defensive Second Team 2020 NBA All-Star 2019 NBA All-Defensive First Team 2019 NBA All-Star 2018 NBA All-Defensive Second Team 2018 NBA All-Star 2017 National Basketball Association Champion 2017 NBA All-Defensive First Team 2017 NBA All-League Second Team 2017 NBA All-Star 2015 National Basketball Association Champion 2015 NBA Playoff MVP 2015 NBA All-Defensive First Team 2015 NBA All-League Second Team 2015 NBA All-Star Game MVP 2015 NBA All-Star 2014 NBA All-Defensive Second Team 2014 NBA All-League First Team 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player 2014 NBA All-Star 2013 NBA All-Defensive Second Team 2012 NBA All-Star Game MVP 2012 NBA All-Star 2012 NBA Rookie Game Participant 2011 NBA All-Rookie First Team 2011 NBA Rookie of the Year 2011 NBA All-Star 2011 NBA Rookie Game Participant 2010 1st Team All-Conference (Ivy League) 2010 1st Team All-American 2009 Conference Freshman of the Year (Ivy League) 2009 Conference Player of the Year (Ivy League) 2009 Freshman All-Conference (Ivy League) 2009 1st Team All-Conference (Ivy League) 2009 Freshman All-American 2009 1st Team All-American 2009 National Freshman of the Year 2009 National Player of the Year 2007 High School: Rated **** and #428 overall by the FBCB scouting service.

The Atomics only have three guys under contract -- each making around a third of the salary cap apiece. Needless to say, this isn't a tenable way for a club to move forward.

Anyway, DeShea Scott will be dealt to the San Jose Clippers in exchange for two future 1st rounders (2023, 2025). It's a hard move to make, but that salary space for a team that's not winning is crucial and it's really a favor to him to end up on a team that could be a winner with him at the helm.

No doubt he'll always be an Atomic.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The other star on the existing roster - Avondre Randolph - was also too expensive.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #34 PG Avondré Randolph - Hawks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-5 Weight: 216 DOB: 10/9/1994 (28) College: Villanova Hometown: Sandy Spring, MD Exp: 9 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $33,505,183 Length: 2 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 82 36.9 19.9 1.4 5.6 8.8 3.7 2.41 1.3 0.4 1.3 2021 NBA CGO 77 77 37.4 21.7 1.2 5.2 8.6 3.9 2.22 1.4 0.4 1.0 2020 NBA CGO 80 80 37.3 17.9 1.2 6.0 7.9 3.3 2.40 1.2 0.4 1.0 2019 NBA CGO 62 62 37.3 20.1 1.3 5.6 8.2 3.9 2.08 1.3 0.4 0.8 2018 NBA CGO 82 82 35.9 17.5 1.1 5.8 7.5 3.4 2.23 1.2 0.4 0.8 2017 NBA CGO 82 82 35.8 16.9 1.0 4.8 7.0 3.8 1.83 1.1 0.3 1.2 2016 NBA CGO 82 78 36.1 18.6 0.9 5.0 6.5 3.2 2.07 1.7 0.3 1.2 2015 NBA CGO 64 61 35.8 16.1 1.0 4.7 5.8 3.9 1.49 1.6 0.3 1.1 2014 NBA CGO 70 18 32.1 14.0 1.0 4.9 4.7 3.1 1.49 1.5 0.2 1.0 Career 681 622 36.1 18.1 1.1 5.3 7.3 3.6 1.49 1.4 0.3 1.0 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 7.1 15.3 .465 4.4 4.9 .884 4.3 7.0 .615 1.5 4.3 .350 1.3 4.0 .326 2021 7.5 16.1 .467 5.4 5.7 .941 4.8 7.5 .647 1.4 4.6 .308 1.3 4.0 .315 2020 6.8 14.0 .484 3.2 3.6 .895 4.3 6.6 .657 1.3 3.8 .348 1.1 3.6 .315 2019 7.4 14.0 .526 4.3 4.5 .947 4.9 7.2 .686 1.4 3.4 .409 1.1 3.5 .310 2018 6.4 13.0 .495 3.6 3.9 .940 4.4 6.5 .674 1.0 3.2 .324 1.0 3.3 .307 2017 6.1 12.4 .494 3.4 3.7 .924 4.0 6.4 .619 1.0 2.7 .353 1.2 3.3 .366 2016 6.7 13.3 .506 3.8 4.2 .918 4.4 6.3 .692 1.0 2.8 .357 1.3 4.1 .320 2015 5.8 11.8 .491 3.4 3.7 .919 3.8 5.2 .725 0.9 3.0 .287 1.2 3.6 .325 2014 5.0 9.7 .518 3.0 3.2 .925 3.4 4.8 .706 0.7 2.1 .342 0.9 2.8 .328 Career 6.6 13.3 .491 3.8 4.2 .921 4.3 6.4 .664 1.1 3.3 .341 1.2 3.6 .323 Stat Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 82 3029 1630 118 463 725 301 103 31 105 -292 2021 NBA CGO 77 77 2877 1671 95 403 665 299 106 29 74 133 2020 NBA CGO 80 80 2981 1432 98 483 635 265 92 35 82 25 2019 NBA CGO 62 62 2311 1249 80 348 508 244 82 24 47 273 2018 NBA CGO 82 82 2940 1436 93 473 614 275 101 36 62 731 2017 NBA CGO 82 82 2934 1383 84 395 570 311 92 21 102 644 2016 NBA CGO 82 78 2964 1523 75 412 535 259 141 23 97 413 2015 NBA CGO 64 61 2294 1029 66 301 370 249 103 16 70 342 2014 NBA CGO 70 18 2247 981 68 341 327 219 104 14 67 226 Career 681 622 24577 12334 777 3619 4949 2422 924 229 706 2495 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 583 1254 357 404 107 328 2021 579 1240 415 441 98 311 2020 542 1119 257 287 91 289 2019 458 870 266 281 67 216 2018 528 1066 297 316 83 270 2017 502 1016 281 304 98 268 2016 550 1088 315 343 108 338 2015 370 754 215 234 74 228 2014 353 681 210 227 65 198 Career 4465 9088 2613 2837 791 2446 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CGO 82 .569 1.30 29.5 12.2 0.0 5.5 15.4 10.5 0.0 0.0 0.0 -3.6 105.6 110.7 2021 NBA CGO 77 .583 1.35 27.7 12.5 28.1 4.7 13.8 9.4 23.6 542.2 18.1 1.7 106.4 104.1 2020 NBA CGO 80 .575 1.28 29.6 12.4 24.3 4.8 17.1 11.2 21.4 483.7 16.1 0.3 113.0 112.9 2019 NBA CGO 62 .628 1.44 29.1 14.0 25.5 5.3 14.5 10.4 23.4 426.7 14.2 4.4 110.3 104.2 2018 NBA CGO 82 .596 1.35 29.3 13.1 23.7 4.9 15.6 10.9 21.1 444.2 14.8 8.9 115.8 102.4 2017 NBA CGO 82 .602 1.36 28.1 15.3 23.4 4.1 12.8 8.9 17.1 266.0 8.9 7.9 113.2 101.8 2016 NBA CGO 82 .615 1.40 26.3 12.7 23.5 3.6 14.4 9.4 19.6 379.2 12.6 5.0 113.6 106.8 2015 NBA CGO 64 .600 1.36 25.1 16.9 22.0 4.0 13.2 8.8 15.8 164.4 5.5 5.3 110.4 102.9 2014 NBA CGO 70 .627 1.44 24.6 16.5 20.4 4.3 15.1 10.0 16.7 190.0 6.3 3.2 111.4 106.5 Career 681 .597 1.36 27.9 13.7 24.3 4.6 14.7 10.0 17.5 2896.4 96.5 3.7 111.2 105.9 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 12 37.2 22.8 0.8 4.8 8.3 3.7 2.27 1.0 0.1 0.5 2019 NBA CGO 11 11 39.2 17.5 0.8 6.4 7.7 3.5 2.24 1.5 0.3 1.1 2018 NBA CGO 22 22 36.4 20.2 0.9 5.3 7.0 3.9 1.82 1.1 0.1 0.8 2017 NBA CGO 20 20 36.0 18.1 1.1 4.5 8.5 3.7 2.33 1.5 0.4 1.4 2016 NBA CGO 6 6 36.5 17.7 0.8 4.0 7.0 3.3 2.10 1.0 0.0 1.3 2015 NBA CGO 21 21 37.9 16.2 1.3 5.5 5.3 3.1 1.70 1.4 0.2 1.2 2014 NBA CGO 5 0 27.2 11.4 0.8 4.2 3.8 2.4 1.58 1.2 0.2 0.4 Career 97 92 36.6 18.3 1.0 5.1 7.0 3.5 1.58 1.3 0.2 1.0 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 7.7 15.3 .500 6.3 6.7 .938 5.1 7.7 .663 1.3 4.2 .320 1.3 3.5 .357 2019 6.7 13.6 .493 3.5 4.0 .864 4.7 6.8 .693 1.5 3.5 .410 0.5 3.3 .167 2018 7.0 13.5 .522 4.7 5.0 .936 4.7 6.5 .725 1.0 3.0 .318 1.4 4.0 .348 2017 7.1 13.1 .538 2.8 3.2 .875 4.4 6.8 .652 1.5 3.6 .403 1.2 2.8 .436 2016 6.7 14.5 .460 3.2 3.3 .950 4.3 6.3 .684 1.2 3.5 .333 1.2 4.7 .250 2015 5.8 13.1 .440 3.6 3.9 .938 3.5 6.0 .575 1.2 3.6 .347 1.0 3.5 .301 2014 3.8 8.2 .463 3.2 3.6 .889 2.4 3.6 .667 0.8 2.2 .364 0.6 2.4 .250 Career 6.6 13.4 .495 3.9 4.3 .918 4.3 6.5 .662 1.2 3.4 .356 1.1 3.5 .322 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 12 446 274 10 57 100 44 12 1 6 33 2019 NBA CGO 11 11 431 192 9 70 85 38 17 3 12 -14 2018 NBA CGO 22 22 800 444 20 117 155 85 25 3 17 144 2017 NBA CGO 20 20 720 362 22 90 170 73 30 7 28 129 2016 NBA CGO 6 6 219 106 5 24 42 20 6 0 8 -61 2015 NBA CGO 21 21 796 340 27 116 112 66 30 4 25 65 2014 NBA CGO 5 0 136 57 4 21 19 12 6 1 2 4 Career 97 92 3548 1775 97 495 683 338 126 19 98 300 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 92 184 75 80 15 42 2019 74 150 38 44 6 36 2018 155 297 103 110 31 89 2017 141 262 56 64 24 55 2016 40 87 19 20 7 28 2015 121 275 76 81 22 73 2014 19 41 16 18 3 12 Career 642 1296 383 417 108 335 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CGO 12 .626 1.49 27.5 12.1 27.2 3.3 13.5 8.7 18.4 49.9 1.7 2.8 104.9 100.7 2019 NBA CGO 11 .568 1.28 29.1 13.0 23.2 3.1 18.4 11.2 14.7 23.7 0.8 -1.3 106.6 108.4 2018 NBA CGO 22 .643 1.49 26.5 14.5 24.8 4.0 14.2 9.8 16.4 63.8 2.1 6.5 112.7 103.5 2017 NBA CGO 20 .624 1.38 31.9 13.7 23.7 4.5 12.1 8.5 16.4 58.0 1.9 6.5 111.2 102.0 2016 NBA CGO 6 .552 1.22 26.6 12.7 25.1 3.4 11.7 7.7 11.7 1.9 0.1 -10.2 101.2 116.8 2015 NBA CGO 21 .547 1.24 22.9 13.5 21.7 4.7 15.0 9.9 11.5 6.3 0.2 3.1 111.8 107.7 2014 NBA CGO 5 .571 1.39 23.8 15.0 19.8 3.8 15.0 9.7 12.9 3.8 0.1 0.8 108.0 106.9 Career 97 .600 1.37 27.3 13.5 23.8 4.0 14.2 9.5 14.9 207.3 6.9 3.1 109.6 105.3 Career Highs: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 40 5 12 17 4 3 8 17 32 14 14 6 10 Playoff 36 4 13 13 4 2 9 14 23 16 16 4 11 Career 45 5 13 19 6 5 10 17 32 16 16 6 14 Awards & Achievements: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 113 Total Player of the Week: 4 Total Player of the Month: 1 Total All-Star Appearances: 2 Total Championships: 2 2022 NBA All-Star 2019 NBA All-Star 2017 National Basketball Association Champion 2015 National Basketball Association Champion 2014 NBA All-Rookie Second Team 2013 Conference Player of the Year (Big East Conference) 2013 1st Team All-Conference (Big East Conference) 2013 2nd Team All-American 2012 Freshman All-Conference (Big East Conference) 2011 High School: Rated *** and #264 overall by the FBCB scouting service.

We found a three-team deal that sent Randolph to St. Louis in exchange for a 1st round (2024) pick, PG Bryan Gump (last year's 1st rounder of the Hawks), C Merv Peters & SF Brooks Fallon.

The Spurs acquired PG Richard Dimmick (via Chicago) from the Hawks and sent a '23 1st rounder to the Atomics.

Rebuilding mode has officially begun in Chicago, we'll see how long it lasts, though.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #37
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's how Brian Yoshinori is doing.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #17 SG Brian Yoshinori - Bulls ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-4 Weight: 219 DOB: 6/2/1994 (29) College: Hawaii Hometown: Honolulu, HI Exp: 9 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $33,505,183 Length: 2 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CHI 78 78 36.6 25.4 2.4 6.1 4.9 2.2 2.26 1.2 0.8 1.2 2021 NBA CHI 82 82 37.2 26.2 2.6 6.4 4.6 1.9 2.43 1.2 0.9 1.3 2020 NBA CHI 82 82 38.0 29.0 2.8 6.8 5.5 2.4 2.27 1.6 0.7 1.4 2019 NBA CHI 69 69 36.9 25.6 2.8 7.0 4.4 2.2 1.99 1.2 0.7 1.3 2018 NBA DET 75 75 36.6 21.4 2.7 7.2 5.5 2.2 2.51 1.7 0.8 1.5 2017 NBA DET 80 80 34.2 20.1 2.8 7.0 5.2 2.4 2.12 1.6 0.5 1.3 2016 NBA DET 81 81 36.3 22.6 2.8 7.2 5.1 2.7 1.92 1.8 0.5 1.4 2015 NBA DET 74 9 29.6 13.4 2.0 5.5 4.9 2.5 1.96 1.7 0.5 1.3 2014 NBA DET 82 4 23.9 9.5 1.6 3.9 3.6 1.9 1.92 1.2 0.3 1.3 Career 703 560 34.3 21.4 2.5 6.3 4.8 2.3 1.92 1.5 0.6 1.3 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 9.9 18.7 .529 1.8 2.3 .818 3.1 3.9 .782 3.0 6.2 .479 3.8 8.6 .448 2021 10.1 19.4 .520 2.1 2.4 .878 3.1 4.0 .777 3.0 6.5 .457 4.0 8.9 .448 2020 11.3 21.4 .526 2.0 2.3 .866 3.5 4.6 .751 3.3 7.0 .476 4.5 9.8 .455 2019 9.6 19.1 .501 2.4 2.7 .886 2.7 3.6 .751 2.8 6.2 .452 4.0 9.3 .437 2018 8.3 16.6 .498 1.8 2.1 .890 2.4 3.2 .740 2.8 6.0 .462 3.1 7.3 .421 2017 7.5 15.9 .475 1.8 1.9 .947 2.2 3.1 .699 2.1 5.1 .416 3.2 7.6 .423 2016 8.7 17.9 .485 2.1 2.2 .949 3.0 4.2 .714 2.5 5.9 .418 3.2 7.7 .410 2015 5.0 11.2 .444 1.6 1.8 .938 1.7 2.4 .697 1.4 4.0 .360 1.8 4.8 .386 2014 3.5 8.7 .406 1.2 1.3 .942 1.3 1.9 .701 1.0 3.1 .321 1.2 3.8 .328 Career 8.2 16.5 .496 1.9 2.1 .897 2.6 3.5 .740 2.4 5.5 .438 3.2 7.5 .426 Stat Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CHI 78 78 2857 1983 184 475 379 168 91 64 97 23 2021 NBA CHI 82 82 3047 2147 210 527 381 157 99 76 103 65 2020 NBA CHI 82 82 3114 2375 226 559 452 199 128 54 116 211 2019 NBA CHI 69 69 2545 1763 194 480 306 154 84 46 89 377 2018 NBA DET 75 75 2745 1606 205 539 409 163 127 58 114 570 2017 NBA DET 80 80 2732 1604 221 557 414 195 128 40 107 511 2016 NBA DET 81 81 2942 1828 226 585 415 216 143 43 112 -2 2015 NBA DET 74 9 2193 992 150 406 360 184 124 34 94 59 2014 NBA DET 82 4 1956 779 128 321 293 153 99 23 103 -247 Career 703 560 24131 15077 1744 4449 3409 1589 1023 438 935 1567 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 770 1456 144 176 299 667 2021 825 1587 172 196 325 726 2020 923 1756 162 187 367 806 2019 660 1317 164 185 279 639 2018 619 1243 137 154 231 549 2017 602 1268 142 150 258 610 2016 701 1446 169 178 257 627 2015 367 827 122 130 136 352 2014 290 714 98 104 101 308 Career 5757 11614 1310 1460 2253 5284 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 NBA CHI 78 .647 1.36 18.2 8.1 0.0 8.7 13.8 11.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.3 114.6 114.7 2021 NBA CHI 82 .642 1.35 17.2 7.1 25.7 9.3 14.0 11.7 27.8 788.8 26.3 0.8 114.4 112.7 2020 NBA CHI 82 .646 1.35 18.2 8.0 27.9 9.8 14.1 12.0 29.8 896.9 29.9 2.6 115.1 111.6 2019 NBA CHI 69 .631 1.34 16.5 8.3 25.9 10.2 14.2 12.3 26.4 605.8 20.2 5.5 116.8 109.0 2018 NBA DET 75 .613 1.29 21.7 8.7 23.9 9.4 14.6 12.1 25.5 616.3 20.5 7.6 113.3 102.1 2017 NBA DET 80 .601 1.26 21.3 10.0 24.8 9.9 14.4 12.2 22.9 505.6 16.9 6.4 111.6 102.0 2016 NBA DET 81 .600 1.26 19.3 10.0 25.9 8.9 14.1 11.5 23.0 549.2 18.3 0.0 111.2 110.6 2015 NBA DET 74 .561 1.20 25.2 12.9 21.8 8.3 14.4 11.4 18.6 266.4 8.9 0.8 111.4 110.1 2014 NBA DET 82 .513 1.09 24.3 12.7 20.8 7.4 12.5 9.8 14.9 129.4 4.3 -3.0 108.3 115.7 Career 703 .615 1.30 19.8 9.2 24.9 9.1 14.1 11.6 21.4 4358.3 145.3 2.2 113.2 109.7 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CHI 7 7 33.4 22.9 2.1 6.0 3.6 1.4 2.50 0.7 0.9 1.4 2020 NBA CHI 7 7 36.7 23.3 2.3 6.4 4.4 2.6 1.72 1.4 0.6 0.9 2019 NBA CHI 11 11 39.3 31.2 2.5 7.6 5.2 3.3 1.58 2.1 1.3 1.6 2018 NBA DET 5 5 36.8 25.2 2.6 7.6 5.0 3.2 1.56 2.4 1.0 0.8 2017 NBA DET 11 11 37.2 22.0 3.6 9.1 5.1 3.3 1.56 1.5 0.5 2.1 2016 NBA DET 5 5 39.0 21.0 4.0 8.6 5.2 2.2 2.36 2.2 0.6 1.4 Career 46 46 37.2 24.8 2.8 7.7 4.8 2.8 2.36 1.7 0.8 1.5 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 8.1 17.4 .467 3.1 3.3 .957 2.1 3.1 .682 2.6 6.7 .383 3.4 7.6 .453 2020 9.7 20.9 .466 0.6 0.7 .800 2.6 4.0 .643 3.9 6.9 .563 3.3 10.0 .329 2019 10.8 22.9 .472 4.5 4.8 .925 2.3 3.3 .694 3.5 7.9 .437 5.1 11.7 .434 2018 9.8 19.2 .510 2.2 2.6 .846 4.4 6.0 .733 2.0 5.2 .385 3.4 8.0 .425 2017 8.6 17.4 .497 1.2 1.4 .867 1.8 3.1 .588 3.3 6.2 .529 3.5 8.1 .438 2016 8.0 19.4 .412 2.4 2.4 1.000 3.0 4.4 .682 2.4 7.0 .343 2.6 8.0 .325 Career 9.3 19.7 .473 2.4 2.6 .917 2.5 3.7 .669 3.1 6.8 .453 3.7 9.2 .409 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CHI 7 7 234 160 15 42 25 10 5 6 10 -68 2020 NBA CHI 7 7 257 163 16 45 31 18 10 4 6 -44 2019 NBA CHI 11 11 432 343 27 84 57 36 23 14 18 -12 2018 NBA DET 5 5 184 126 13 38 25 16 12 5 4 24 2017 NBA DET 11 11 409 242 40 100 56 36 17 6 23 42 2016 NBA DET 5 5 195 105 20 43 26 11 11 3 7 10 Career 46 46 1711 1139 131 352 220 127 78 38 68 -48 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 57 122 22 23 24 53 2020 68 146 4 5 23 70 2019 119 252 49 53 56 129 2018 49 96 11 13 17 40 2017 95 191 13 15 39 89 2016 40 97 12 12 13 40 Career 428 904 111 121 172 421 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2021 NBA CHI 7 .606 1.31 15.0 6.0 25.7 7.9 14.8 11.3 19.9 33.0 1.1 -9.7 103.3 116.8 2020 NBA CHI 7 .554 1.12 15.7 9.1 27.3 7.7 14.4 11.0 17.8 27.8 0.9 -6.3 101.0 109.4 2019 NBA CHI 11 .625 1.36 15.5 9.8 29.5 7.3 16.8 11.8 26.1 100.3 3.3 -1.1 104.1 105.4 2018 NBA DET 5 .618 1.31 17.5 11.2 27.1 8.9 14.9 12.1 22.0 31.7 1.1 4.8 111.3 104.5 2017 NBA DET 11 .611 1.27 19.3 12.4 24.6 11.5 14.6 13.2 18.8 50.8 1.7 3.8 108.4 103.0 2016 NBA DET 5 .510 1.08 18.7 7.9 25.7 10.6 13.2 11.8 16.0 16.2 0.5 2.0 107.2 103.7 Career 46 .596 1.26 16.9 9.7 26.8 9.0 15.0 12.0 20.7 259.7 8.7 -1.0 105.7 106.7 Career Highs: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 50 7 13 10 4 3 9 21 30 10 12 11 16 Playoff 44 7 14 13 6 4 8 15 30 14 15 11 19 Career 55 9 16 13 6 4 10 21 32 14 15 11 21 Awards & Achievements: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 188 Total Player of the Week: 13 Total Player of the Month: 4 Total All-Star Appearances: 5 Total All-League First Team : 2 Total All-League Second Team : 1 Total All-League Third Team : 1 Total Most Valuable Player : 1 Total Scoring Leader : 1 2022 NBA All-League Second Team 2022 NBA All-Star 2021 NBA All-League First Team 2021 NBA All-Star 2020 NBA Scoring Leader 2020 NBA All-League First Team 2020 NBA Most Valuable Player 2020 NBA All-Star 2019 NBA All-League Third Team 2019 NBA All-Star 2018 NBA All-Star 2015 NBA Rookie Game Participant 2014 NBA Rookie Game Participant 2013 Conference Player of the Year (Mountain West Conference) 2013 1st Team All-Conference (Mountain West Conference) 2013 1st Team All-American 2013 National Player of the Year 2013 NCAA Champion 2012 Conference Freshman of the Year (Mountain West Conference) 2012 Conference Player of the Year (Mountain West Conference) 2012 Freshman All-Conference (Mountain West Conference) 2012 1st Team All-Conference (Mountain West Conference) 2012 Freshman All-American 2012 1st Team All-American 2012 National Freshman of the Year 2012 National Player of the Year 2011 Walked on at Hawaii 2011 High School: Rated *** and #1556 overall by the FBCB scouting service.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Albuquerque Dukes were bought and moved to Oklahoma City last year, a group of people who grew up Thunder fans rebooted that franchise, meaning they got to acquire the records & history of the old team, 18 years later and the Dukes were essentially folded.

Code:
Oklahoma City Thunder Team Performance Season Team W L Div Seed Result ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2022 Thunder 25 57 6 Missed Playoffs 2004 Thunder 35 47 6 Missed Playoffs 2003 Thunder 24 58 6 Missed Playoffs 2002 Thunder 37 45 5 Missed Playoffs 2001 Thunder 38 44 4 8 Round 1 2000 Thunder 33 49 4 Missed Playoffs 1999 Thunder 35 47 3 8 Round 1 1998 Thunder 42 40 2 5 Round 1 1997 Thunder 35 47 2 8 Round 1 1996 Thunder 47 35 2 6 Round 1 1995 Thunder 42 40 4 Missed Playoffs 1994 Thunder 23 59 5 Missed Playoffs 1993 Thunder 35 47 4 Missed Playoffs 1992 Thunder 39 43 3 8 Round 1 1991 Thunder 50 32 2 3 Round 2 1990 Thunder 50 32 2 5 Round 1 1989 Thunder 37 45 5 Missed Playoffs 1988 Thunder 54 28 2 2 Round 2 1987 Thunder 45 37 3 6 Round 1 1986 Thunder 46 36 2 3 Round 2 1985 Thunder 34 48 5 Missed Playoffs 1984 Thunder 35 47 4 Missed Playoffs 1983 Thunder 21 61 5 Missed Playoffs 1982 Thunder 27 55 5 Missed Playoffs 1981 Thunder 29 53 5 Missed Playoffs 1980 Thunder 41 41 3 6 Round 1 1979 Thunder 39 43 3 7 Round 1 1978 Thunder 38 44 2 6 Round 1 1977 Thunder 42 40 2 7 Round 1 1976 Thunder 36 46 3 Missed Playoffs 1975 Thunder 43 39 1 4 Round 2 1974 Thunder 44 38 3 6 Round 2 1973 Thunder 43 39 3 Missed Playoffs 1972 Thunder 44 38 3 8 Round 2 1971 Thunder 44 38 3 6 Round 1 1970 Thunder 43 39 2 8 Round 1 1969 Thunder 20 62 5 Missed Playoffs 1968 Thunder 33 49 3 Missed Playoffs 1967 Thunder 46 36 3 8 Round 2 Season Team W L Div Seed Result ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1966 Thunder 51 31 1 2 Round 1 1965 Thunder 47 35 2 5 Round 1 1964 Thunder 49 33 1 2 Round 2 1963 Thunder 40 42 3 8 Round 1 1962 Thunder 50 32 2 3 Round 2 1961 Thunder 44 38 4 8 Conference Finals 1960 Thunder 58 24 2 2 Conference Finals 1959 Thunder 49 33 2 4 Conference Finals 1958 Thunder 49 33 2 3 Round 1 1957 Thunder 46 36 2 3 Round 1 1956 Thunder 35 47 5 Missed Playoffs 1955 Thunder 36 46 5 Missed Playoffs 1954 Thunder 40 42 4 Missed Playoffs 1953 Thunder 36 46 5 Missed Playoffs 1952 Thunder 37 45 4 Missed Playoffs 1951 Thunder 32 50 2 Missed Playoffs 1950 Thunder 37 45 3 Missed Playoffs 1949 Thunder 40 42 1 4 Round 1 1948 Thunder 43 39 1 4 Round 1 1947 Thunder 64 18 1 1 League Finals
Old 08-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #39
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Montreal Expos forward Cassius Moses, a 4th year player out of Duke had a monster year in '24-25, winning the NBA MVP. But a thing he did that I stumbled onto was breaking the 67-year old single-game scoring record.

He put up 71 against the Chicago Atomics in a regular season game this March. Had to save the boxscore.

Code:
Expos 127, Atomics 113 - 3/24/2025 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4 T Atomics Leaders Expos Leaders CGO 31 26 30 26 113 Points: Dexter Shields 34 Points: Cassius Moses 71 MTL 29 37 30 31 127 Rebounds: Dexter Shields 6 Rebounds: George Peters 9 Assists: Albert Landreth 9 Assists: Charles Gaylor 9 Atomics (38-44): Player Pos Min Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF +/- Pts Augustine Vannatta C 26 3-5 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 1 2 4 5 -5 6 Dorian Shelton-Ford PF 36 2-5 0-0 3-4 1 4 3 0 0 2 4 -11 7 DeShea Scott SF 35 5-13 1-5 0-0 0 4 2 1 0 0 1 -16 11 Dexter Shields SG 41 11-18 2-4 10-11 2 6 4 1 0 3 3 -7 34 Albert Landreth PG 42 8-15 5-8 4-4 4 5 9 1 0 1 2 -17 25 David Meza SF 20 7-10 2-3 3-4 0 1 3 0 0 2 3 3 19 Kevin Gray PG 6 3-5 1-2 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 7 7 Earnest King C 18 2-3 0-0 0-0 1 6 1 1 0 0 4 0 4 Daniel Lakin PF 12 0-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 Leon Stevens C 4 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 -5 0 Totals Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF Pts 41-78 11-23 20-23 8 27 25 5 3 13 25 113 52.6% 47.8% 87.0% Technical Fouls: Albert Landreth , Kevin Gray Expos (46-36): Player Pos Min Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF +/- Pts George Peters C 42 3-6 0-0 0-0 3 9 3 1 1 2 3 17 6 Jae Morton PF 40 2-2 0-0 3-3 2 5 2 0 0 1 4 8 7 Cassius Moses SF 41 26-35 2-4 17-18 0 6 1 1 0 4 1 21 71 Frédéric Lopes SG 39 5-9 3-4 8-12 0 3 7 0 0 0 5 10 21 Charles Gaylor PG 30 4-12 2-5 5-6 0 1 9 2 1 1 4 12 15 Raul Worthington PG 18 2-3 0-1 1-2 1 3 2 2 0 4 4 -2 5 Moses Cannon SG 15 1-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 -11 2 Robin Kang PF 8 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 3 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 Benny Schmidt C 6 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 -7 0 Timothy Hudak SG 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Totals Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF Pts 43-72 7-16 34-41 6 31 27 6 3 12 26 127 Game Summary: Game Stats CGO MTL Halftime Score 57 66 FGM-FGA 41-78 43-72 FG% .526 .597 FTM-FTA 20-23 34-41 FT% .870 .829 3PM-3PA 11-23 7-16 3P% .478 .438 Rebounds 27 31 Assists 25 27 Steals 5 6 Blocks 3 3 Turnovers 13 12 Team Fouls 25 26
Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The History of Basketball

Normally when you start a new pro league, the pro league gets stocked with players the game generates before you're able to use FBCB imports in your new league.
I decided I wanted an entirely college derived of dudes who only came from the college game.

So I started with a 30-team NBA setup with Seattle not OKC (the Sonics last season in Seattle) and simmed about 40 years into the future. Once I knew the file was comprised entirely of only college derived players, I exported the player file, started a new league and then we'll start with that new pro/college setup starting in the early 1940s sometime.

Then I'll sim the seasons from the start and pay more attention to who some of these dudes are, because the problem with my existing league is that I didn't really get immersed with the early history or have a system for making it make sense to me.

It'll also be interesting to see how it impacts history if at all with the initial group being players that came from the college game entirely.

I'll probably spin this off as a result.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-02-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #41
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's how my ratings work. Developed my own color system a few years ago, the initial one in the game was just hard for me to follow for whatever reason.
Attached Images
File Type: png squares.png (7.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-03-2016, 09:58 PM   #42
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The History of Basketball: 1939-1968

The first thirty years of this NBA timeline is bookended by dynasties. The league has 29 teams, deliberately because I wanted the 30th team to be a team I put in a city and run in perpetuity. (Or until I get bored..hah)

Here's how the teams have done over the first 30 seasons.

Code:
NBA Historical Performance Team Wins Losses PCT P.Wins P.Losses Pct Playoffs Finals Champs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warriors 997 801 .555 122 76 .616 18 8 5 Pistons 860 938 .478 77 46 .626 8 4 4 Bulls 1021 777 .568 105 80 .568 18 5 3 Pacers 1020 778 .567 109 85 .562 20 4 3 Raptors 901 897 .501 103 79 .566 15 4 3 Grizzlies 1003 795 .558 133 113 .541 23 6 2 Celtics 1028 770 .572 76 81 .484 17 3 1 Nuggets 847 951 .471 66 69 .489 14 1 1 Bucks 888 910 .494 56 57 .496 13 2 1 Timberwolves 921 877 .512 64 71 .474 17 2 1 SuperSonics 870 928 .484 96 78 .552 15 3 1 Magic 840 958 .467 27 30 .474 9 1 1 76ers 943 855 .524 54 58 .482 14 2 1 Jazz 802 996 .446 38 43 .469 11 1 1 Wizards 973 825 .541 86 70 .551 14 4 1 Hawks 940 858 .523 39 55 .415 14 0 0 Nets 855 943 .476 24 43 .358 12 0 0 Cavaliers 861 937 .479 27 39 .409 9 0 0 Mavericks 834 964 .464 50 61 .450 13 1 0 Rockets 795 1003 .442 49 52 .485 10 0 0 Clippers 823 975 .458 26 35 .426 9 0 0 Lakers 802 996 .446 34 42 .447 10 1 0 Heat 978 820 .544 51 70 .421 16 0 0 Hornets 924 874 .514 39 48 .448 11 0 0 Knicks 923 875 .513 47 58 .448 13 0 0 Suns 759 1039 .422 42 53 .442 11 2 0 Trail Blazers 921 877 .512 72 89 .447 21 1 0 Kings 865 933 .481 45 63 .417 14 1 0 Spurs 877 921 .488 60 73 .451 17 2 0

Code:
NBA Champs Season Champ Wins Runner-up Wins MVP Team ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1967 Grizzlies 4 Raptors 3 Charles Foltz Grizzlies 1966 Grizzlies 4 Pacers 2 Brian Calloway Grizzlies 1965 Pacers 4 Timberwolves 0 David Petro Pacers 1964 Pistons 4 SuperSonics 2 Douglass McCall Pistons 1963 Pistons 4 Grizzlies 2 Douglass McCall Pistons 1962 Pistons 4 Trail Blazers 2 Douglass McCall Pistons 1961 Pistons 4 Grizzlies 1 Douglass McCall Pistons 1960 76ers 4 Suns 2 Raphael Hicks 76ers 1959 Bucks 4 Suns 1 Brian Brien Bucks 1958 Timberwolves 4 Bulls 1 Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 1957 Jazz 4 76ers 3 Ronald Sparkman Jazz 1956 Magic 4 Warriors 0 Tony Martin Magic 1955 Raptors 4 Lakers 1 Quintin Malinowski Raptors 1954 Celtics 4 Warriors 2 Felton Peters Celtics 1953 Raptors 4 SuperSonics 2 Quintin Malinowski Raptors 1952 Nuggets 4 Wizards 1 Ian Garcia Nuggets 1951 SuperSonics 4 Wizards 3 Quinton Matos SuperSonics 1950 Pacers 4 Mavericks 2 Douglas Moss Pacers 1949 Raptors 4 Kings 0 Duane Duprey Raptors 1948 Pacers 4 Grizzlies 2 Douglas Moss Pacers 1947 Warriors 4 Wizards 2 Andrew Ledezma Warriors 1946 Wizards 4 Spurs 2 Jeff Vargas Wizards 1945 Bulls 4 Spurs 2 Charles Kimura Bulls 1944 Bulls 4 Grizzlies 2 Charles Kimura Bulls 1943 Warriors 4 Bulls 3 Cornelius Anderson Warriors 1942 Bulls 4 Warriors 1 Charles Kimura Bulls 1941 Warriors 4 Celtics 1 Andrew Ledezma Warriors 1940 Warriors 4 Celtics 0 Richard Deel Warriors 1939 Warriors 4 Bucks 0 Robert Waring Warriors

Here's the first set of MVPs.

Code:
1967 NBA MVP Awards Award Pos Name Team PPG RPG APG SPG BPG ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1967 SF Quentin Walker Warriors 31.0 4.4 4.1 1.9 0.9 1966 PG Rob Brown Rockets 25.4 2.9 11.6 2.7 0.2 1965 SG David Petro Pacers 27.1 7.0 3.9 1.9 0.2 1964 PG Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 29.5 6.3 6.4 3.0 0.2 1963 SF Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 28.0 6.8 6.6 4.4 0.3 1962 SF Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 26.6 7.0 6.9 3.7 0.3 1961 SF Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 30.2 6.7 5.2 4.0 0.1 1960 SF Felton Peters Celtics 29.4 8.9 8.0 3.1 1.5 1959 SF Wilbur Buckner Timberwolves 27.0 5.9 6.8 3.5 0.2 1958 PG Felton Peters Celtics 29.1 8.0 9.8 3.2 1.5 1957 PG Felton Peters Celtics 31.3 7.4 8.9 3.0 1.1 1956 SG Felton Peters Celtics 32.1 7.6 8.7 3.1 0.9 1955 SG Felton Peters Celtics 30.2 7.6 8.4 2.8 0.8 1954 SG Felton Peters Celtics 29.4 7.8 7.9 2.8 0.7 1953 SG Felton Peters Celtics 30.8 8.1 8.2 2.5 0.8 1952 SG Felton Peters Celtics 27.7 7.1 7.8 3.1 0.6 1951 SF Ian Garcia Nuggets 29.5 12.6 4.7 4.2 0.5 1950 SF Duane Duprey Raptors 25.1 8.6 6.1 5.5 0.6 1949 SF Douglas Moss Pacers 27.8 6.8 10.8 5.8 0.8 1948 SF Douglas Moss Pacers 35.1 6.8 12.6 5.7 1.5 1947 SF Jeff Vargas Wizards 35.4 7.8 14.4 3.0 0.9 1946 SF Jeff Vargas Wizards 35.0 7.8 16.0 2.4 0.9 1945 SF Douglas Moss Pacers 28.1 4.7 9.7 4.3 0.9 1944 SG Thomas Ebert Grizzlies 31.0 7.0 9.8 2.1 1.1 1943 SF Cornelius Anderson Warriors 25.3 5.5 4.5 2.8 0.6 1942 SF Gerardo Hill Jazz 36.5 5.4 3.2 1.6 0.9 1941 SG Martin Deese Celtics 25.1 5.5 12.4 1.1 0.2 1940 SG Edwin Beaton Celtics 29.3 7.9 2.8 3.3 0.2 1939 SG Edwin Beaton Celtics 29.0 7.7 2.6 2.4 0.2
Old 08-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #43
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The History of Basketball (1939-1968)

Ideally, what I'll do here is set the stage for this league and then break it off into a separate dynasty. But there's no point in cluttering the forum with another half-eaten dynasty if I'm not going to continue the story, so I want tj just sandbox in here first.

Quote:
In 1961, Juniors became eligible for the NBA draft.

In 1965, the tournament expanded from 32 to 64 teams meaning that each conference no longer only got one bid into the NCAAs. The NIT also grew from 32 to 40 teams.

The 8-time MVP and consensus GOAT is Felton Peters who is a free agent now, but spent his whole NBA career with the Celtics. He's 2nd all-time in scoring, but despite winning 8 MVPs, the Celtics have only won one title during his tenure, which tarnishes his legacy slightly.

Spoiler

Here's the Top 50 leading scorers as of the start of the 1968-69 season.

Spoiler
Old 08-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #44
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Code:
Name Pos Retired Age Exp Points Rebounds Assists Steals Blocks Rings ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- David Petro SF - 33 12 13982 4252 2109 1083 111 5 Dannie Manos SG 1948 35 13 6825 1422 1256 374 285 5 Ben Dinh C 1947 33 11 5251 3005 1376 278 293 5 Andrew Ledezma PG 1953 37 16 12575 4022 5391 1824 193 5

Most rings? Four guys have won 5 rings. Three of them were on the Warriors. The 4th is David Petro, who is still active and has won rings with three different teams.

Spoiler
Old 08-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #45
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Another Michigan man is probably the consensus 2nd best player in league history and if you ask some people, he's even better than Felton Peters. This is 5-time MVP Wil Buckner, who spent the bulk of his career with the Timberwolves. Like Peters, he's only got one ring to go with all of those MVPs.

Spoiler
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #46
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To diversify the player pool a bit and to enable me to cut down on doing anything other than renaming guys when the modern era starts (the game generates too many old names and I've edited the name file before, but it's a bit laborious) I've been running parallel D2 and D3 leagues. At a certain point in history, those guys enter the draft but not through the NBA.

They essentially get drafted into foreign leagues as imports. That's how they start their careers. If any of them are good enough, you'll see them eventually end up in the NBA and because of my talent distributions, it happens, but you also see a lot of otherwise good players who should be in the NBA who never end up on teams because they're too old, they were overlooked and teams just signed guys they knew already.

I did this in the early part of this sim, but then stopped for over a decade because I didn't have many foreign leagues activated and so, there'd be nowhere for them to go. As I add more foreign leagues, it starts to make more sense to have these guys entering the pool.

It keeps rosters interesting across the board and I find the dynamics super interesting to watch play out. I think we'll bring back D3 in 1970 and add a D2 league too. Where they get fed? I dunno, probably Australia and Canada, eventually it'll be China, but I don't bring that league into play until modern times.

This time, we'll get to follow these guys and I can start looking at overlooked dudes who might be good enough to play in the league, highlight careers of star D2/D3/undrafted guys who dominate overseas, too.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:40 PM   #47
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

There haven't been a ton of #1 pick busts, but there have been a few guys who were clearly picked too high. I couldn't find more than two consensus "busts" though there are other guys who were probably reaches.

Charles Holm
Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #33 PF Charles Holm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-9 Weight: 260 DOB: 12/27/1931 (37) College: Utah Hometown: Layton, UT Exp: 5 Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1958 NBA MIA 1 0 18.0 5.0 1.0 4.0 1.0 1.0 1.00 0.0 1.0 1.0 1957 NBA MIA 52 52 38.9 8.8 2.0 7.7 1.3 2.0 0.68 1.0 1.0 3.1 1956 NBA MIA 13 13 34.0 6.9 2.8 6.7 1.3 0.6 2.13 0.7 1.3 1.5 1955 NBA MIA 53 52 38.5 10.7 2.7 8.5 1.5 1.7 0.85 1.0 1.0 2.8 1954 NBA MIA 62 62 38.1 11.9 2.9 10.0 1.2 2.0 0.61 0.9 1.3 3.1 Career 181 179 38.1 10.3 2.6 8.6 1.3 1.8 0.61 1.0 1.1 2.9 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1958 1.0 2.0 .500 3.0 4.0 .750 1.0 1.0 1.000 0.0 1.0 .000 0.0 0.0 .000 1957 3.7 7.3 .512 1.1 2.1 .523 2.7 4.0 .676 0.8 1.9 .400 0.3 1.4 .194 1956 2.8 6.4 .446 0.8 1.2 .733 1.7 3.1 .550 0.8 1.8 .417 0.4 1.5 .263 1955 4.6 9.2 .500 1.0 1.8 .543 3.4 4.9 .702 0.7 2.3 .309 0.5 2.1 .239 1954 5.1 10.9 .468 1.3 2.1 .609 3.8 6.1 .622 0.9 3.2 .286 0.4 1.6 .248 Career 4.4 9.0 .487 1.1 2.0 .571 3.2 4.9 .655 0.8 2.5 .324 0.4 1.7 .233 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1958 NBA MIA 1 0 18 5 1 4 1 1 0 1 1 -12 1957 NBA MIA 52 52 2024 460 104 401 70 103 50 52 161 -208 1956 NBA MIA 13 13 442 90 36 87 17 8 9 17 20 -127 1955 NBA MIA 53 52 2039 567 141 450 78 92 55 55 146 -205 1954 NBA MIA 62 62 2365 736 181 617 74 122 58 83 193 -69 Career 181 179 6888 1858 463 1559 240 326 172 208 521 -621 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1958 1 2 3 4 0 0 1957 194 379 58 111 14 72 1956 37 83 11 15 5 19 1955 245 490 51 94 26 109 1954 315 673 81 133 25 101 Career 792 1627 204 357 70 301 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1958 NBA MIA 1 .500 2.50 16.7 16.7 0.0 4.2 21.4 10.5 0.0 -3.1 -0.1 -12.0 85.3 117.1 1957 NBA MIA 52 .537 1.21 11.6 17.1 11.0 6.2 18.0 12.0 9.6 -56.8 -1.9 -4.0 102.9 108.3 1956 NBA MIA 13 .500 1.08 14.8 7.0 9.5 9.7 14.6 12.1 11.9 2.4 0.1 -9.8 101.1 116.7 1955 NBA MIA 53 .535 1.16 11.1 13.1 13.1 8.2 18.8 13.4 12.6 33.8 1.1 -3.9 103.9 109.0 1954 NBA MIA 62 .503 1.09 8.0 13.1 15.3 8.8 22.2 15.3 12.8 45.2 1.5 -1.1 103.8 104.8 Career 181 .521 1.14 10.2 13.9 13.0 7.9 19.5 13.6 11.7 21.6 0.7 -3.4 103.3 107.9 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 181 179 38.1 10.3 2.6 8.6 1.3 1.8 A/T 1.0 1.1 2.9 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 4.4 9.0 .487 1.1 2.0 .571 3.2 4.9 .655 0.8 2.5 .324 0.4 1.7 .233 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 181 179 6888 1858 463 1559 240 326 172 208 521 -621 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 792 1627 204 357 70 301 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 181 .521 1.14 10.2 13.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -3.4 103.3 107.9 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playoff 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Career 27 10 21 7 4 5 6 11 23 8 11 2 6 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 1 1954 NBA All-Rookie Second Team 1954 NBA Rookie Game Participant 1953 2nd Team All-Conference (Pacific-12 Conference) 1952 1st Team All-Conference (Pacific-12 Conference) 1951 2nd Team All-Conference (Pacific-12 Conference) 1950 Freshman All-Conference (Pacific-12 Conference) 1949 High School: Mr. Basketball (Utah) 1949 High School: All-State (Utah) 1949 High School: Rated ***** and #11 overall by the FBCB scouting service.

James Tapia
Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #13 PG James Tapia ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-0 Weight: 199 DOB: 3/15/1928 (41) College: Texas Hometown: Whiteface, TX Exp: 4 Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA CHA 56 56 39.6 17.4 1.5 3.9 5.8 3.0 1.91 0.7 0.2 2.9 1952 NBA CHA 59 56 36.8 15.5 1.4 3.5 5.0 4.1 1.23 1.1 0.2 2.6 1951 NBA CHA 62 5 9.5 3.8 0.6 1.0 1.3 1.1 1.19 0.3 0.1 0.7 1950 NBA BOS 56 56 35.6 15.3 1.6 4.1 6.1 5.0 1.22 1.0 0.4 2.8 Career 233 173 29.9 12.8 1.2 3.1 4.5 3.3 1.22 0.8 0.2 2.2 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 6.4 15.2 .425 2.5 3.2 .789 3.3 5.2 .630 1.2 4.0 .308 2.0 6.0 .327 1952 5.7 14.7 .386 2.3 2.9 .793 2.9 4.7 .611 0.9 4.0 .219 1.9 5.9 .318 1951 1.3 3.5 .372 0.8 1.1 .712 0.7 1.0 .710 0.1 0.8 .154 0.5 1.6 .277 1950 5.4 14.2 .378 2.9 3.5 .836 2.7 5.1 .524 1.0 3.4 .297 1.7 5.6 .294 Career 4.6 11.7 .395 2.1 2.6 .797 2.4 3.9 .596 0.8 3.0 .264 1.5 4.7 .310 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA CHA 56 56 2215 974 82 220 324 170 39 10 164 -215 1952 NBA CHA 59 56 2169 917 80 207 296 241 67 13 154 22 1951 NBA CHA 62 5 586 235 38 63 83 70 21 5 43 15 1950 NBA BOS 56 56 1993 858 87 231 343 282 57 20 154 -723 Career 233 173 6963 2984 287 721 1046 763 184 48 515 -901 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 361 849 142 180 110 336 1952 334 866 138 174 111 349 1951 80 215 47 66 28 101 1950 301 796 163 195 93 316 Career 1076 2726 490 615 342 1102 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA CHA 56 .525 1.15 22.8 12.0 22.1 4.6 7.9 6.2 13.8 93.6 3.1 -3.8 105.0 109.9 1952 NBA CHA 59 .486 1.06 20.0 16.3 23.9 4.4 7.1 5.8 12.6 52.2 1.7 0.4 96.9 96.4 1951 NBA CHA 62 .484 1.09 20.9 17.6 23.4 7.6 5.2 6.4 12.5 13.4 0.4 0.2 91.0 90.3 1950 NBA BOS 56 .486 1.08 22.8 18.7 27.0 4.8 7.7 6.3 12.4 41.4 1.4 -12.9 86.4 103.4 Career 233 .498 1.09 21.8 15.9 24.2 4.9 7.4 6.1 12.9 200.6 6.7 -3.9 95.7 102.1 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 233 173 29.9 12.8 1.2 3.1 4.5 3.3 A/T 0.8 0.2 2.2 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 4.6 11.7 .395 2.1 2.6 .797 2.4 3.9 .596 0.8 3.0 .264 1.5 4.7 .310 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 233 173 6963 2984 287 721 1046 763 184 48 515 -901 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 1076 2726 490 615 342 1102 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 233 .498 1.09 21.8 15.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -3.9 95.7 102.1 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playoff 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Career 35 6 10 15 4 3 12 13 29 9 12 7 14 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 9 1950 NBA All-Rookie First Team 1950 NBA Rookie Game Participant 1949 2nd Team All-Conference (Big 12 Conference) 1948 2nd Team All-Conference (Big 12 Conference) 1946 Conference Freshman of the Year (Big 12 Conference) 1946 Freshman All-Conference (Big 12 Conference) 1945 High School: All-American 1945 High School: Mr. Basketball (Texas) 1945 High School: All-State (Texas) 1945 High School: Rated ***** and #2 overall by the FBCB scouting service.

The #1 pick in last year's draft is not an impact guy yet, but that doesn't mean he'll be a bust. But after his first year, it's clear they wasted the 1st overall pick.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #32 SG Emile Wood - Hawks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-1 Weight: 199 DOB: 12/30/1946 (22) College: Texas Hometown: Florence, TX Exp: 1 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $1,254,411 Length: 3 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1968 NBA ATL 28 0 5.5 2.1 0.1 0.3 0.6 0.2 2.67 0.1 0.1 0.6 Career 28 0 5.5 2.1 0.1 0.3 0.6 0.2 2.67 0.1 0.1 0.6 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1968 0.9 2.1 .431 0.2 0.3 .857 0.4 0.5 .714 0.4 0.9 .423 0.1 0.6 .222 Career 0.9 2.1 .431 0.2 0.3 .857 0.4 0.5 .714 0.4 0.9 .423 0.1 0.6 .222 Stat Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1968 NBA ATL 28 0 155 60 2 8 16 6 3 2 16 -6 Career 28 0 155 60 2 8 16 6 3 2 16 -6 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1968 25 58 6 7 4 18 Career 25 58 6 7 4 18 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1968 NBA ATL 28 .492 1.03 19.3 7.2 0.0 1.5 4.5 3.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -0.2 103.0 104.0 Career 28 .492 1.03 19.3 7.2 19.0 1.5 4.5 3.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -0.2 103.0 104.0 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 A/T 0.0 0.0 0.0 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 0.0 0.0 .000 0.0 0.0 .000 0.0 0.0 .000 0.0 0.0 .000 0.0 0.0 .000 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 0 0 0 0 0 0 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Career 0 .000 0.00 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 - - Career Highs: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season 8 1 2 3 1 1 1 3 5 3 3 1 2 Playoff 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Career 8 1 2 3 1 1 1 3 5 3 3 1 2 Awards & Achievements: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1965 High School: Rated **** and #80 overall by the FBCB scouting service.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #48
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The former Brian Larkins, who played college ball at Tennessee changed his name to Abdur-Rasheed Siddiqui in 1974. This is mostly to remind me later.

Spoiler

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-04-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #49
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Was going to use the same thread, but decided to just move this off to a new one.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #50
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This dude averaged a triple double in 1946 and somehow didn't win the MVP.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #11 PG Andrew Ledezma ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-3 Weight: 221 DOB: 6/17/1916 (63) College: Texas A&M Hometown: Winnsboro, TX Exp: 16 Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Potential: - - - - - - - - - - - - Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA DET 8 0 4.3 1.0 0.8 0.9 0.6 0.1 5.00 0.5 0.0 0.3 1952 NBA DET 62 0 7.5 2.1 0.3 1.0 1.2 0.6 1.80 0.5 0.0 0.4 1951 NBA DET 35 34 35.5 10.5 1.6 5.4 5.1 2.7 1.88 2.3 0.1 2.5 1950 NBA GSW 62 14 27.5 12.6 1.5 4.4 3.8 3.3 1.16 2.5 0.1 1.8 1949 NBA GSW 49 48 37.5 21.9 1.9 7.1 5.8 4.1 1.40 3.3 0.2 3.2 1948 NBA GSW 46 46 35.4 20.8 2.3 7.7 7.5 4.0 1.86 3.2 0.3 3.4 1947 NBA GSW 41 41 35.9 27.9 2.8 9.5 8.9 4.0 2.22 3.4 0.4 3.1 1946 NBA GSW 51 51 36.4 33.8 3.1 10.4 13.3 3.9 3.42 2.8 0.5 2.9 1945 NBA GSW 59 59 40.3 22.2 1.5 6.2 8.7 3.2 2.74 2.8 0.5 2.9 1944 NBA GSW 56 56 37.8 19.4 2.0 6.1 8.6 2.8 3.04 2.6 0.3 2.1 1943 NBA GSW 41 41 34.9 19.3 1.4 4.5 9.0 3.1 2.86 2.3 0.4 2.8 1942 NBA GSW 54 54 37.0 16.3 1.4 4.9 10.3 2.8 3.64 2.6 0.3 2.5 1941 NBA GSW 62 62 36.3 15.9 1.3 5.1 8.0 2.5 3.23 2.7 0.3 2.3 1940 NBA GSW 54 14 20.9 8.2 0.7 2.9 5.4 1.3 4.01 1.7 0.1 1.6 1939 NBA GSW 61 60 33.4 14.7 1.0 3.9 8.6 2.3 3.74 2.5 0.2 2.4 Career 741 580 31.8 17.0 1.6 5.4 7.3 2.8 3.74 2.5 0.3 2.3 Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 0.5 1.4 .364 0.0 0.0 .000 0.3 0.5 .500 0.3 0.5 .500 0.0 0.4 .000 1952 0.7 2.1 .323 0.4 0.4 .889 0.1 0.3 .400 0.1 0.6 .231 0.4 1.1 .352 1951 3.7 10.1 .364 1.4 1.6 .893 1.5 2.7 .559 0.5 2.1 .240 1.7 5.3 .317 1950 4.6 10.9 .420 1.5 1.6 .909 2.0 3.1 .621 0.7 2.3 .292 2.0 5.4 .359 1949 8.1 16.6 .487 2.6 2.9 .894 3.8 5.6 .675 1.2 3.2 .358 3.1 7.8 .405 1948 7.4 16.6 .444 3.4 3.8 .886 3.6 5.6 .643 1.2 3.3 .351 2.6 7.7 .340 1947 10.4 23.1 .452 2.7 3.1 .882 5.0 8.6 .586 1.1 3.5 .322 4.3 11.0 .388 1946 12.9 27.3 .473 2.8 3.3 .847 5.9 9.8 .597 1.8 5.3 .342 5.2 12.1 .431 1945 8.2 16.5 .496 2.6 2.7 .951 3.6 5.0 .714 1.3 3.3 .396 3.3 8.1 .404 1944 7.0 15.2 .458 2.5 2.6 .958 2.5 4.0 .631 1.5 3.8 .394 3.0 7.4 .398 1943 7.0 13.8 .509 2.4 2.7 .883 2.3 3.6 .646 1.8 3.4 .529 2.9 6.8 .427 1942 5.6 11.3 .498 3.1 3.3 .938 2.5 3.7 .673 1.1 2.8 .413 2.0 4.8 .409 1941 5.5 10.6 .522 2.6 2.8 .930 2.5 3.5 .710 0.9 2.2 .410 2.2 5.0 .438 1940 2.9 6.5 .447 1.4 1.4 .974 1.5 2.1 .712 0.4 1.4 .284 1.0 3.0 .341 1939 5.5 10.2 .541 2.0 2.1 .953 3.1 3.9 .796 0.8 2.0 .385 1.6 4.3 .380 Career 6.2 13.1 .472 2.2 2.4 .914 2.8 4.2 .653 1.0 2.7 .367 2.4 6.2 .393 Stat Totals: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA DET 8 0 34 8 6 7 5 1 4 0 2 -11 1952 NBA DET 62 0 462 133 18 62 72 40 30 2 25 -38 1951 NBA DET 35 34 1243 367 57 190 177 94 81 2 87 -178 1950 NBA GSW 62 14 1707 779 91 272 236 204 157 8 114 -128 1949 NBA GSW 49 48 1836 1073 95 349 284 203 161 11 158 20 1948 NBA GSW 46 46 1629 956 107 356 343 184 149 13 158 191 1947 NBA GSW 41 41 1471 1143 116 388 366 165 139 15 129 376 1946 NBA GSW 51 51 1857 1726 157 531 678 198 141 28 149 448 1945 NBA GSW 59 59 2379 1312 88 365 515 188 166 28 172 110 1944 NBA GSW 56 56 2118 1084 111 344 480 158 148 15 119 233 1943 NBA GSW 41 41 1432 791 59 185 369 129 95 16 113 379 1942 NBA GSW 54 54 1999 881 74 266 557 153 141 17 133 720 1941 NBA GSW 62 62 2250 983 83 317 497 154 167 21 145 1075 1940 NBA GSW 54 14 1127 442 39 154 289 72 93 5 84 584 1939 NBA GSW 61 60 2040 897 63 236 523 140 152 12 144 1471 Career 741 580 23584 12575 1164 4022 5391 2083 1824 193 1732 5252 Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 4 11 0 0 0 3 1952 42 130 24 27 25 71 1951 129 354 50 56 59 186 1950 284 676 90 99 121 337 1949 396 813 127 142 154 380 1948 340 765 155 175 121 356 1947 428 947 112 127 175 451 1946 658 1390 144 170 266 617 1945 482 971 154 162 194 480 1944 390 852 138 144 166 417 1943 287 564 98 111 119 279 1942 304 611 167 178 106 259 1941 344 659 160 172 135 308 1940 156 349 74 76 56 164 1939 338 625 121 127 100 263 Career 4582 9717 1614 1766 1797 4571 Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953 NBA DET 8 .364 0.73 29.4 5.9 16.7 18.2 5.3 13.5 18.6 3.9 0.1 -1.4 98.4 125.9 1952 NBA DET 62 .465 1.02 28.3 15.7 18.3 4.5 11.7 8.0 13.7 18.7 0.6 -0.6 86.6 89.9 1951 NBA DET 35 .485 1.04 27.2 14.5 17.6 5.3 11.7 8.6 14.2 68.1 2.3 -5.1 91.7 98.8 1950 NBA GSW 62 .542 1.15 20.3 17.6 23.8 5.8 11.9 8.8 17.0 153.6 5.1 -2.1 91.7 95.2 1949 NBA GSW 49 .613 1.32 20.9 14.9 25.9 5.3 14.9 10.0 21.4 300.1 10.0 0.4 98.5 98.0 1948 NBA GSW 46 .568 1.25 25.1 13.4 28.7 6.4 14.7 10.5 20.3 239.2 8.0 4.2 105.0 99.7 1947 NBA GSW 41 .570 1.21 23.9 10.8 36.0 6.4 14.8 10.6 23.7 289.3 9.6 9.2 106.2 96.6 1946 NBA GSW 51 .589 1.24 29.0 8.5 41.6 6.9 15.2 11.2 25.2 406.3 13.5 8.8 115.1 106.8 1945 NBA GSW 59 .630 1.35 29.5 10.8 23.5 4.9 15.2 10.1 23.0 442.6 14.8 1.9 109.9 107.5 1944 NBA GSW 56 .592 1.27 30.9 10.2 23.2 6.5 14.0 10.2 22.4 376.0 12.5 4.2 109.0 103.2 1943 NBA GSW 41 .646 1.40 33.2 11.6 23.6 5.6 11.3 8.5 23.5 267.7 8.9 9.2 112.0 98.4 1942 NBA GSW 54 .639 1.44 39.8 10.9 19.9 5.1 12.0 8.7 22.3 337.9 11.3 13.3 116.3 98.7 1941 NBA GSW 62 .669 1.49 35.9 11.1 17.9 5.1 12.2 8.9 21.4 365.7 12.2 17.3 118.3 94.2 1940 NBA GSW 54 .579 1.27 38.9 9.7 18.7 4.5 12.5 8.6 20.2 164.0 5.5 10.8 112.3 87.4 1939 NBA GSW 61 .658 1.44 38.9 10.4 18.4 4.5 10.2 7.6 22.0 335.4 11.2 24.1 124.5 89.3 Career 741 .599 1.29 30.0 11.6 24.3 5.7 13.3 9.6 21.4 3768.4 125.6 7.1 108.8 98.6 Playoff Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1948 NBA GSW 2 2 37.0 14.5 3.0 8.5 5.0 2.0 2.50 2.5 0.0 3.5 1947 NBA GSW 20 20 36.5 29.0 2.7 8.4 9.0 4.0 2.28 4.3 0.3 2.9 1946 NBA GSW 1 1 35.0 48.0 2.0 7.0 10.0 1.0 10.00 3.0 0.0 2.0 1944 NBA GSW 5 5 38.6 23.0 1.8 7.0 9.0 2.2 4.09 2.6 0.6 1.8 1943 NBA GSW 7 7 40.6 26.0 2.1 6.0 11.0 4.3 2.57 3.7 0.4 3.0 1942 NBA GSW 14 14 39.4 17.9 1.3 4.1 10.0 3.1 3.18 2.6 0.1 2.6 1941 NBA GSW 15 13 34.5 17.2 1.3 4.8 7.2 1.9 3.86 2.7 0.3 2.7 1939 NBA GSW 12 12 37.3 16.7 2.4 6.3 8.3 3.6 2.30 2.8 0.2 2.0 Career 741 580 31.8 17.0 1.6 5.4 7.3 2.8 2.30 2.5 0.3 2.3 Playoff Shooting Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% InsM InsA In% JsM JsA Js% 3PM 3PA 3P% ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1948 5.5 13.0 .423 1.5 2.5 .600 3.0 6.0 .500 0.5 1.5 .333 2.0 5.5 .364 1947 11.2 23.6 .473 1.9 2.1 .881 5.2 8.9 .588 1.1 4.2 .262 4.9 10.5 .462 1946 19.0 40.0 .475 2.0 2.0 1.000 8.0 9.0 .889 3.0 11.0 .273 8.0 20.0 .400 1944 8.6 15.2 .566 1.6 1.6 1.000 4.2 5.4 .778 0.2 1.2 .167 4.2 8.6 .488 1943 9.4 17.0 .555 3.9 4.0 .964 3.6 4.4 .806 2.6 5.1 .500 3.3 7.4 .442 1942 6.1 12.4 .491 3.4 3.5 .959 2.2 3.6 .608 1.5 3.4 .447 2.4 5.4 .440 1941 6.3 11.3 .553 2.5 2.7 .927 3.2 4.1 .787 0.9 2.1 .452 2.1 5.2 .410 1939 6.4 13.8 .467 2.0 2.1 .960 3.8 4.6 .818 0.8 3.0 .278 1.8 6.2 .297 Career 6.2 13.1 .472 2.2 2.4 .914 2.8 4.2 .653 1.0 2.7 .367 2.4 6.2 .393 Playoff Totals: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS OREB REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1948 NBA GSW 2 2 74 29 6 17 10 4 5 0 7 -14 1947 NBA GSW 20 20 730 580 53 167 180 79 85 6 58 212 1946 NBA GSW 1 1 35 48 2 7 10 1 3 0 2 -12 1944 NBA GSW 5 5 193 115 9 35 45 11 13 3 9 28 1943 NBA GSW 7 7 284 182 15 42 77 30 26 3 21 -19 1942 NBA GSW 14 14 552 250 18 58 140 44 37 2 36 32 1941 NBA GSW 15 13 518 258 20 72 108 28 40 5 41 102 1939 NBA GSW 12 12 447 200 29 76 99 43 34 2 24 231 Career 741 580 23584 12575 1164 4022 5391 2083 1824 193 1732 5252 Playoff Shooting Totals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1948 11 26 3 5 4 11 1947 223 471 37 42 97 210 1946 19 40 2 2 8 20 1944 43 76 8 8 21 43 1943 66 119 27 28 23 52 1942 85 173 47 49 33 75 1941 94 170 38 41 32 78 1939 77 165 24 25 22 74 Career 4582 9717 1614 1766 1797 4571 Playoff Efficiency: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G TS% PPS AST TO USG ORR DRR RR PER VA EWA +/- OEFF DEFF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1948 NBA GSW 2 .500 1.12 23.8 9.5 18.3 6.4 14.9 10.1 13.0 2.7 0.1 -7.0 99.5 106.5 1947 NBA GSW 20 .593 1.23 24.1 10.6 35.1 6.4 13.0 9.8 21.0 113.3 3.8 10.6 112.3 101.4 1946 NBA GSW 1 .585 1.20 19.2 1.9 50.8 4.1 10.0 7.1 29.6 10.0 0.3 -12.0 106.2 118.9 1944 NBA GSW 5 .725 1.51 33.1 8.1 20.8 6.1 19.1 12.3 25.6 43.3 1.4 5.6 113.9 108.3 1943 NBA GSW 7 .695 1.53 32.4 12.6 25.6 6.8 12.6 9.6 25.2 60.3 2.0 -2.7 105.5 108.8 1942 NBA GSW 14 .641 1.45 36.9 11.6 19.8 4.2 9.2 6.7 18.8 63.9 2.1 2.3 108.7 105.8 1941 NBA GSW 15 .686 1.52 33.3 8.6 18.7 5.2 14.1 9.5 22.0 88.2 2.9 6.8 113.8 104.1 1939 NBA GSW 12 .568 1.21 31.1 13.5 21.4 7.9 12.4 10.2 18.0 46.7 1.6 19.3 116.1 90.2 Career 741 .599 1.29 30.0 11.6 24.8 6.0 12.7 9.4 20.9 428.4 14.3 7.1 108.8 98.6 Career Highs: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type Pts OReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playoff 48 5 14 18 10 2 9 19 40 11 11 9 20 Career 68 8 22 23 11 3 11 25 49 15 16 11 23 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Player of the Game: 149 Total Player of the Week: 7 Total Player of the Month: 1 Total All-Star Appearances: 3 Total All-League Second Team : 1 Total All-League Third Team : 2 Total All-Defensive Second Team : 1 Total Playoff MVP : 2 Total Championships: 5 1978 Inducted to the NBA Hall of Fame 1947 National Basketball Association Champion 1947 NBA Playoff MVP 1946 NBA All-League Third Team 1945 NBA All-League Second Team 1945 NBA All-Star 1943 National Basketball Association Champion 1941 National Basketball Association Champion 1941 NBA Playoff MVP 1941 NBA All-Defensive Second Team 1941 NBA All-Star 1940 National Basketball Association Champion 1939 National Basketball Association Champion 1939 NBA All-League Third Team 1939 NBA All-Star 1939 NBA Rookie Game Participant