Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
bmorebirds_24
n00b

Help from the FOF world

Recently I just purchased FOF and am having a lot of trouble how to begin my career. I did some browsing through this forum to see if I could find my answers and haven't found any luck. Hopefully I can be guided in the right direction and these questions don't make me look to, too bad.
I want to play in a single format as the Baltimore Ravens and I want to be able to create/edit players.
1. Is there a way for me to only be the Ravens and to be the commissioner at the same time?
2. Rosters...is there anyway to get a more updated roster then the 2008 rosters?

bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

First of all... welcome.

This game does a lot of things very well. I hope you get a lot out of it.

However, it really isn't set up to perform all that well as a "simulate the NFL from today" very effectively. There's no player editor of the fashion that you have in mind, and any attempt to load player or draft files from a specific point is likely to be disappointing in any number of ways.

You can get game files from this forum... I searched and found this thread, which may be helpful:

2011 Roster File - Front Office Football Central

For your question about playing as commissioner and Ravens GM, I don't really understand your desire here, but I'll try with a global answer. The game basically has two modes -- a single player mode where you take one team period, and a multi player mode where one person serves as commissioner/stage-runner and others submit files to take actions for their individual teams. If (guessing here) you want to play as one team but have godlike power over the rest of the league, I don't think there's any way to do that.

Without telling you how to play the game, I will suggest that you at least give this game a shot to impress you with the things it can do. If you really like the modern day Ravens, then start a single player game with NFL teams and either the default file or something linked from this site, and play from there. After a few seasons, the team will be much more "yours" than "real" and you will be relying on the players you brought aboard as GM. That's the strong suit of this game, for certain.

Good luck.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
bmorebirds_24
n00b

Quote:
First of all... welcome.

This game does a lot of things very well. I hope you get a lot out of it.

However, it really isn't set up to perform all that well as a "simulate the NFL from today" very effectively. There's no player editor of the fashion that you have in mind, and any attempt to load player or draft files from a specific point is likely to be disappointing in any number of ways.

You can get game files from this forum... I searched and found this thread, which may be helpful:

2011 Roster File - Front Office Football Central

For your question about playing as commissioner and Ravens GM, I don't really understand your desire here, but I'll try with a global answer. The game basically has two modes -- a single player mode where you take one team period, and a multi player mode where one person serves as commissioner/stage-runner and others submit files to take actions for their individual teams. If (guessing here) you want to play as one team but have godlike power over the rest of the league, I don't think there's any way to do that.

Without telling you how to play the game, I will suggest that you at least give this game a shot to impress you with the things it can do. If you really like the modern day Ravens, then start a single player game with NFL teams and either the default file or something linked from this site, and play from there. After a few seasons, the team will be much more "yours" than "real" and you will be relying on the players you brought aboard as GM. That's the strong suit of this game, for certain.

Good luck.

Thanks!

I guess basically the best way to word what I meant about controlling the league is how can I get to a main set up spot to regulate the rules for the league? Basically I am looking to get it to be as real and as close to the NFL rules...if that makes sense?

I've always wanted to be a GM. This is my best shot. Lol.

Also any personal advice? Scouting, drafting, signing free agents? I'm summing through the first year til the offseason then gonna hopefully set my team the way I want. Make sense?
bmorebirds_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Setting rules for the league: not really an issue with FOF. You really don't have much choice, you play by rules that are in nearly all respects based on the modern NFL, like it or not. Sounds like that ought to work for you fine. Play single player.

Best personal advice is enjoy the game solo, read through material here and in the reference thread to get better appreciation, and enjoy the ride. If you want to have fun, that's really the best approach, build brick by brick.

And beat the daylights out of the Stillers, by all means.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote