Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #451
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pretty stunned that Danny was the night kill. If I had to guess, I suspect that the wolves may have had their order in early. Only other thought is that they had a strong reason to suspect Danny had a role?

Nothing else really makes a ton of sense to me at first glance.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #452
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jeez, I go play WoW for a few hours and come back to this.

I would have paid to see the look on Telles face during that run.

I think Danny was targeted to try and cast suspicion on the people who voted him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #453
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

err, didn't realize everyone but me had moved off Danny
Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #454
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, with two regular party goers out of the way the number of remaining "vanillas" is pretty darn small.

6 stated villagers
4 stated wolves
1 listed potential convert

18 starting player - 11 roles - 2 vanilla = 5 vanilla villagers left

Scooby = EF
Shaggy = PB
Abe = claimed vanilla (under voting duress)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #455
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, what a wild Day 1. As I haven't seen a counter-reveal or claim of being "werewolfed", I should've followed the PB Postulate. I'll try and whip up a vote flow before Monday as penance.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #456
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out for the night. Sorry for my part in making today a screwed up day.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #457
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Geez I leave the thread two hours before deadline and it all goes crazy. Interesting Day one guys.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #458
Danny
Head Coach

Just so you guys know, I'm still going to find a way to have the most posts during this game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #459
The Jackal
Coordinator

Can someone that's not dead (I was going to ask you followup questions, Danny, but you had to go and get killed!) explain why there was an exodus off Abe without a reveal? People were just feeling like he was a villager based on his posts, or what?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #460
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not saying I think he's a great candidate or anything, but all that post-reveal movement was very curious. I just want to know what was motivating people to switch to Danny or ultimately Telle. I'll go back and read through it again, but on first quick skim I didn't see much.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #461
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think that we are going to have a lot of good vote history to look at.

Early on I am not trusting Danny.

I am also a little curious about the ntn/RA thing (ntn votes KWhit late in an odd vote and then RA votes ntn in another vote that only adds yet another candidate when we were trying to get votes off PB to protect him and creating new candidates does not help accomplish that).

Well the idea of that Kwhit vote was that the top few people looked like we should sparethem. Kwhit had a vote so I thought why not him....(note the others with one vote were me (not suicidal so not voting there), RA and Telle had just had a vote on her. ) Of course it would have helped if I saw the post kwhit made about not being around.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #462
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, I can only answer from my perspective that once I believed PB on his reveal (well, to be fair I'm only about 80% there) that I started to reconsider the villager/villager possibility with how the votes played out today.

I would have liked to have another 10-15 minutes to wind through it in my head - make it more of a "head" play than a "gut" play - but at the end I figured why not see if we got lucky with some late movement spearheaded by a guy (PB) that I was giving some trust. I knew that I had no info one way or the other on Abe.

I think there is a ton of value in the seer scanning Abe if that has not been done already. I think we'll learn enough about PB in terms of counter-reveal. If there is no counter by Monday morning I'll believe him the rest of the way. But we need to know about Abe so we can assign proper value to the vote analysis from Day 1.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #463
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with Hoops, if Abe comes back villager than we can assume the late movers onto Telle for the most part are villagers. I mean. Why risk that move if it is villager/ villager?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #464
J23
College Benchwarmer

Are we sure all of the roles listed are in the game? Is that a given? It seems oddly lucky that we lost 2 vanilla villagers with so many roles listed.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow. And I was around for almost the whole day, and yet I still had no idea this would turn out this way.

Night actions have been processed. I am curious to know if PB saw anything. I'm with hoops. I am most of the way there, and this won't really provide any corroboration, but I would like to know who he chose to follow.

I am guessing it was not Danny.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #466
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't see anything. I tried to follow Abe because I thought that somebody might take a shot at him after surviving the lynch. Unfortunately I was targeted by the werewolf role in this game.

What is interesting, and disappointing, is that my back-up/conditional if Abe died in lynch was to follow Danny. I would've had somebody had that happened. I guess I should've let Abe get lynched. :-(
Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #467
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. Still problems with Google Chrome.

Quote:
I think that we are going to have a lot of good vote history to look at.

Early on I am not trusting Danny.

I am also a little curious about the ntn/RA thing (ntn votes KWhit late in an odd vote and then RA votes ntn in another vote that only adds yet another candidate when we were trying to get votes off PB to protect him and creating new candidates does not help accomplish that).

I went to ntn because he was in the thread and didn't feel really good about voting for Telle because she wasn't available. At least ntn could defend himself. I went back to Telle because there wasn't enough movement and it was really chaotic at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Hey Raiders, I see you skulking around, skulky.

Now that it's calmed down, a penny for your thoughts towards the end there?

Popped in the thread to see what happened and popped back out. I'm still not entirely sure we weren't played in the last hour, but I would guess that the "real" Shaggy would've countered PB's claims by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Are we sure all of the roles listed are in the game? Is that a given? It seems oddly lucky that we lost 2 vanilla villagers with so many roles listed.

Are we sure we lost 2 vanilla villagers? Couldn't a wolf be revealed as a villager and vice versa? I'm not stating that this is the case, but it is a possibility. That being said, I think two villagers were killed off...whether they were vanilla or not may be another story.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #468
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And now I'm having problems with IE. What the hell? I'm getting errors on pages and the page is saying that it's completely loaded and all I get is the ad at the top. uzzled:
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #469
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
And now I'm having problems with IE. What the hell? I'm getting errors on pages and the page is saying that it's completely loaded and all I get is the ad at the top. uzzled:

Leave it to a Raiders fan to break the cursing rule...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #470
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Are we sure we lost 2 vanilla villagers? Couldn't a wolf be revealed as a villager and vice versa? I'm not stating that this is the case, but it is a possibility. That being said, I think two villagers were killed off...whether they were vanilla or not may be another story.

I don't think we've had a game in a long time where death didn't result in full disclosure. I think we can honestly believe they were both vanilla villagers.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #471
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that we basically got lucky with two vanilla villagers (rather than hitting something worse for us) but I do also think they were just vanilla villagers.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #472
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(73) Lathum votes Chief Rum (CR 1)
(79) Lathum unvotes Chief Rum, votes EagleFan (EF 1) * invalid vote
(87) Lathum unvoted EagleFan, votes Chief Rum (CR 1)
(88) EagleFan votes Raiders Army (CR 1, RA 1)
(96) Abe Sargent votes Lathum (CR 1, RA 1, Lathum 1)
(99) Abe Sargent unvotes Lathum (CR 1, RA 1)
(100) Abe Sargent votes Lathum (CR 1, RA, 1, Lathum 1)
(121) hoopsguy votes Abe Sargent (CR 1, RA 1, Lathum 1, AS 1)
(128) Abe Sargent unvotes Lathum, votes hoopsguy (CR 1, RA 1, AS 1, hoops 1)
(136) Coffee Warlord votes KWhit (CR 1, RA 1, AS 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1)
(140) JAG votes PurdueBrad (CR 1, RA 1, AS 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, PB 1)
(141) PurdueBrad votes Abe Sargent (AS 2, CR 1, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, PB 1)
(153) Chief Rum votes GoldenEagle (AS 2, CR 1, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, PB 1, GE 1)
(157) MartinD votes PurdueBrad (AS 2, PB 2, CR 1, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1)
(158) ntndeacon votes Raiders Army (AS 2, PB 2, RA 2, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1)
(159) Raiders Army votes ntndeacon (AS 2, PB 2, RA 2, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1, ntn 1)
(162) J23 votes PurdueBrad (PB 3, AS 2, RA 2, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1, ntn 1)
(163) The Jackal votes Abe Sargent (PB 3, AS 3, RA 2, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1, ntn 1)
(164) lerriuqs votes Raiders Army (PB 3, AS 3, RA 3, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, GE 1, ntn 1)
(170) Chief Rum unvotes GoldenEagle, votes Abe Sargent (AS 4, PB 3, RA 3, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(185) Danny votes PurdueBrad (AS 4, PB 4, RA 3, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(192) Telle votes PurdueBrad (PB 5, AS 4, RA 3, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(195) ntndeacon unvotes Raiders Army, votes PurdueBrad (PB 6, AS 4, RA 2, CR 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(198) Lathum unvotes Chief Rum, votes Abe Sargent (PB 6, AS 5, RA 2, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(199) lerriuqs unvotes Raiders Army, votes Abe Sargent (PB 6, AS 6, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(203) PurdueBrad unvotes Abe Sargent (PB 6, AS 5, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(210) GoldenEagle votes Abe Sargent (PB 6, AS 6, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(224) PurdueBrad votes Danny (PB 6, AS 6, RA 1, hoops 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1, Danny 1)
(229) Abe Sargent unvotes hoopsguy, votes Danny (PB 6, AS 6, Danny 2, RA 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(233) Lathum unvotes Abe Sargent, votes Danny (PB 6, AS 5, Danny 3, RA 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(256) Coffee Warlord unvotes KWhit, votes Abe Sargent (PB 6, AS 6, Danny 3, RA 1, ntn 1)
(282) KWhit votes PurdueBrad (PB 7, AS 6, Danny 3, RA 1, ntn 1)
(286) Raiders Army unvotes ntndeacon, votes PurdueBrad (PB 8, AS 6, Danny 3, RA 1)
(290) Danny unvotes PurdueBrad (PB 7, AS 6, Danny 3, RA 1)
(292) Danny votes Abe Sargent (PB 7, AS 7, Danny 3, RA 1)
(306) Raiders Army unvotes PurdueBrad (AS 7, PB 6, Danny 3, RA 1)
(307) ntndeacon unvotes PurdueBrad (AS 7, PB 5, Danny 3, RA 1)
(318) Raiders Army votes Abe Sargent (AS 8, PB 5, Danny 3, RA 1)
(324) J23 unvotes PurdueBrad (AS 8, PB 4, Danny 3, RA 1)
(344) PurdueBrad unvotes Danny (AS 8, PB 4, Danny 2, RA 1)
(346) PurdueBrad votes Telle (AS 8, PB 4, Danny 2, RA 1, Telle 1)
(354) ntndeacon votes KWhit (AS 8, PB 4, Danny 2, RA 1, Telle 1, KWhit 1)
(361) Danny unvotes Abe Sargent, votes Telle (AS 7, PB 4, Danny 2, Telle 2, RA 1, KWhit 1)
(364) Raiders Army unvotes Abe Sargent, votes Telle (AS 6, PB 4, Telle 3, Danny 2, RA 1, KWhit 1)
(370) Abe Sargent unvotes Danny, votes Telle (AS, 6, PB 4, Telle 4, Danny 1, RA 1, KWhit 1)
(372) Raiders Army unvotes Telle, votes ntndeacon (AS 6, PB 4, Telle 3, Danny 1, RA 1, KWhit 1, ntn 1)
(377) ntndeacon unvotes KWhit, votes Telle (AS 6, PB 4, Telle 4, Danny 1, RA 1, ntn 1)
(382) Raiders Army unvotes ntndeacon, votes Telle (AS 6, Telle 5, PB 4, Danny 1, RA 1)
(385) hoopsguy unvotes Abe Sargent, votes Telle (Telle 6, AS, 5, PB 4, Danny 1, RA 1)
(387) Coffee Warlord unvotes Abe Sargent, votes Telle (Telle 7, AS 4. PB 4, Danny 1, RA 1)
(389) deadline
(390) J23 votes Telle * vote late, not counted

Final vote count:
Telle 7 - PurdueBrad (346), Danny(361), Abe (370), ntndeacon (377), Raiders Army (382), hoopsguy (385), Coffee Warlord (387)
PurdueBrad 4 - JAG (140), MartinD (157), Telle (192), KWhit (282)
Abe Sargent 4 - The Jackal (163), Chief Rum (170), Lerruiqs (199), GoldenEagle (210)
Raiders Army 1 - EagleFan (88)
Danny 1 - Lathum (233)
Old 10-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #473
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have PB in blue as there has been no counter reveal as of yet but I am not %100 sold.

I know any role like Shaggy can be a game breaker for the wolves so would it be too big of a stretch for them to try to lure that person into revealing if one of their own was about to be lynched anyway.

Not saying that PB is a wolf, just not entirely cleared in my eyes yet.

A few interesting events in the voting:

If Abe Sargent is a wolf:
- lerriuqs looks better with his vote in post 199 to bring Abe into a tie
- GoldenEagle looks better with his vote in post 210 to bring Abe back into a tie
- Lathum looks not as good with his 233 vote moving off Abe and onto Danny
- hoopsguy and Coffee Warlord need watched with their late vote switch from Abe to Telle (I can't see both of them as bad in this case, why would they risk two wolves popping up on the radar)

There are more things in there but I want to look them over a bit more.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #474
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I'm very glad that there is such a good voting recap posted. I'm just not sure how to make use of it quite yet.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #475
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For what it is worth, I'm very glad that there is such a good voting recap posted. I'm just not sure how to make use of it quite yet.

I think Abe needs to end up dead to learn much from it.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #476
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think Abe needs to end up dead to learn much from it.

I'm not happy to say this but I do agree. This is the part of WW that I hate, but it is the right play. Plus, if I'm wrong about him, then I could really screw us over by people trusting him too. Sorry Abe.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #477
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Aren't we better off leaving it to the seer? If he's a wolf, (barring us being really unlucky and him being the non-scannable one), problem solved.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #478
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm not happy to say this but I do agree. This is the part of WW that I hate, but it is the right play. Plus, if I'm wrong about him, then I could really screw us over by people trusting him too. Sorry Abe.

I was the most likely seer target last night. If you don;t hear anything during the day, why push it? If you kill me, then you wasted that night's seer and you get less info when/if the seer reveals.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #479
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Aren't we better off leaving it to the seer? If he's a wolf, (barring us being really unlucky and him being the non-scannable one), problem solved.

Heh, I was posting this as you were, but the point stands. Also, just rememebr that PB was slutted last night, so the seer was free guaranteed, to get a scan in.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #480
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Heh, I was posting this as you were, but the point stands. Also, just rememebr that PB was slutted last night, so the seer was free guaranteed, to get a scan in.

I thought PB was the seer?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #481
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No, he's the witness.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #482
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Remember, he thought I was the seer?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #483
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The seer would then have to reveal or hope that people pick up on clues. If we take him out tomorrow it leaves nothing to doubt.

I actually would have hoped the seer would have scanned someone other than Abe. Conventional wisdom says that we would be aiming for him day two after the way day one went so why not roll the dice by going elsewhere.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #484
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I was confused.

TBH I am not a fan of waiting on the seer. That could be a few days. By lynching Abe today we can begin to unwrap the voting, and the bottom line is if we have to lynch someone it seems like we learn the most from him.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #485
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

See, I just don;t get that. I mean, if you want to vote me off today, why not just vote me off yesterday? That doesn't even make sense to me. Either you believe I'm a villager or not. Vote that way.

I think our games are becoming too predictable. They seem to be regularly unfolding thusly:

Keep votes close on Day One.
Vote everyone on Day One that was close for the next few days
Then try to play catch up because the Village gave the wolves a few days to hide and kill without any pressure.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #486
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See, I just don;t get that. I mean, if you want to vote me off today, why not just vote me off yesterday? That doesn't even make sense to me. Either you believe I'm a villager or not. Vote that way.

I think our games are becoming too predictable. They seem to be regularly unfolding thusly:

Keep votes close on Day One.
Vote everyone on Day One that was close for the next few days
Then try to play catch up because the Village gave the wolves a few days to hide and kill without any pressure.

Self pity will get you nowhere...

We had so much movement on day one and much of it centers around you. There is only one way to know if you are good or not and it involves lynching you. If you are a villager than you take one for the team so that we can learn enough to hopefully turn the tide.

What exactly would you rather we do? Make this another day one vote and just randomly chose people?

Personally I think you are the cunning at this point. Especially with the play of... "if I got scanned and the seer isn't saying to lynch me than I must be good."
Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #487
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually would have hoped the seer would have scanned someone other than Abe. Conventional wisdom says that we would be aiming for him day two after the way day one went so why not roll the dice by going elsewhere.

Granted, I usually suck at being the seer, but I woulda scanned him for that very reason. Obviously you don't reveal if he's clean, but you can at least find out for sure and try and push back a bit when if the voting goes down that road.

And as a side note, I just re-read PB's ability: He's not a seer as such, he's a "watch the guy and if he gets attacked, you find out who got him". So if I'm reading that right, he doesn't scan, he just watches and finds out something if that person is the night kill target. Just a quick heads up for everyone, since we've been referring to him as a one shot seer, which he's not.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #488
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

FTR: In the last game there were 2 day one candidates. The second candidate not only wasn't a lynch on day 2 but lasted until the final day of the game.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #489
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
FTR: In the last game there were 2 day one candidates. The second candidate not only wasn't a lynch on day 2 but lasted until the final day of the game.

And aren't you supposed to be talking like Scooby?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #490
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

To add: The game before that there were 3 day one candidates. The day one lynch was a villager and one of the other two were lynch one day two due to the way the vote played out on day one and was a wolf.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #491
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Self pity will get you nowhere...

We had so much movement on day one and much of it centers around you. There is only one way to know if you are good or not and it involves lynching you. If you are a villager than you take one for the team so that we can learn enough to hopefully turn the tide.

What exactly would you rather we do? Make this another day one vote and just randomly chose people?

Personally I think you are the cunning at this point. Especially with the play of... "if I got scanned and the seer isn't saying to lynch me than I must be good."

I never said must. Don;t put words in my mouth. Don't put quotes around something I didn't say. I simply said it makes sense to wait. That's all I said. That's it. Not, I "must".

I simply said it doesn't make sense to not kill someone on one day only to kill him the next, just to get information about that day. If you wanted the info, kill me off the previous day, no sense keeping me around.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #492
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I never said must. Don;t put words in my mouth. Don't put quotes around something I didn't say. I simply said it makes sense to wait. That's all I said. That's it. Not, I "must".

I simply said it doesn't make sense to not kill someone on one day only to kill him the next, just to get information about that day. If you wanted the info, kill me off the previous day, no sense keeping me around.

You're a better player than that. You honestly can't believe what you just typed. If you and Telle were reversed we would be looking to learn from her lynch today. That's the idea of learning from the voting pattern.

Right now you are really starting to sound like a cornered wolf to be honest.

What day one lynch has ever been because "we wanted to kill that person off"?

Day one is always random, thus is the nature of the game. Day two is when you try to learn from what happened day one.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #493
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're a better player than that. You honestly can't believe what you just typed. If you and Telle were reversed we would be looking to learn from her lynch today. That's the idea of learning from the voting pattern.

Right now you are really starting to sound like a cornered wolf to be honest.

What day one lynch has ever been because "we wanted to kill that person off"?

Day one is always random, thus is the nature of the game. Day two is when you try to learn from what happened day one.

I like how:

1). You don;t respond to my point about your mischaracterization of what you said and:
2). You apparently claim to know what I actually believe. Now you are not just putting words on my forum post, but in my mind as well. That is, and i use this word with care, STUPID. You don;t know what I do or do not believe, so don;t you dare claim to.

Frankly, I play the same way as a wolf or not as a wolf. I'm happy about that.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #494
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have PB in blue as there has been no counter reveal as of yet but I am not %100 sold.

I know any role like Shaggy can be a game breaker for the wolves so would it be too big of a stretch for them to try to lure that person into revealing if one of their own was about to be lynched anyway.

Not saying that PB is a wolf, just not entirely cleared in my eyes yet.

A few interesting events in the voting:

If Abe Sargent is a wolf:
- lerriuqs looks better with his vote in post 199 to bring Abe into a tie
- GoldenEagle looks better with his vote in post 210 to bring Abe back into a tie
- Lathum looks not as good with his 233 vote moving off Abe and onto Danny
- hoopsguy and Coffee Warlord need watched with their late vote switch from Abe to Telle (I can't see both of them as bad in this case, why would they risk two wolves popping up on the radar)

There are more things in there but I want to look them over a bit more.

Also, if Abe Sargent is a wolf:

I think CR looks good from his vote 170 breaking a 3 way tie to put Abe ahead.

Now, what if Abe ends up a villager?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #495
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not without a serious effort to keep myself alive, you sheep voters.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #496
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like how:

1). You don;t respond to my point about your mischaracterization of what you said and:
2). You apparently claim to know what I actually believe. Now you are not just putting words on my forum post, but in my mind as well. That is, and i use this word with care, STUPID. You don;t know what I do or do not believe, so don;t you dare claim to.

Frankly, I play the same way as a wolf or not as a wolf. I'm happy about that.

Keep playing the self pity as much as you want. There are simple facts at play.

1) You were a part of the day one vote.
2) There was a ton of movement to save the person who was the leadng vote getter, who you were second to.
3) Once that movement started thee was secondary movement to save you.
4) We learn a LOT once we know exactly what your "role" is.

Can you argue against ANY of these? Yet you don't want to address those facts. You just want to play the pity game.

I've been in that exact spot more times that I would like to have been. Does it stink? Yes, but it's how the game works.

You would rather that we waste another day with what will be nothing more than another day one vote instead of trying to learn from what happened with all the movement (and even those who did not move) yesterday. That is either selfish or wolfish.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #497
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Keep playing the self pity as much as you want. There are simple facts at play.

1) You were a part of the day one vote.
2) There was a ton of movement to save the person who was the leadng vote getter, who you were second to.
3) Once that movement started thee was secondary movement to save you.
4) We learn a LOT once we know exactly what your "role" is.

Can you argue against ANY of these? Yet you don't want to address those facts. You just want to play the pity game.

I've been in that exact spot more times that I would like to have been. Does it stink? Yes, but it's how the game works.

You would rather that we waste another day with what will be nothing more than another day one vote instead of trying to learn from what happened with all the movement (and even those who did not move) yesterday. That is either selfish or wolfish.

Hey, EF, I tend to lean the same way as you on this for the "in-game" stuff, but it seems clear to me that Abe is saying you have misrepresented him somehow or been a little careless in how you put forth his opinions, because the anger he is responding with sounds an awful lot what I was going through with KWhit.

So maybe take a step back a little and take a look at the above posts to see if that is true?

I mean, I am for the vote Abe move, but I see nothing good by continuing this back and forth in the way it has developed.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #498
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey, EF, I tend to lean the same way as you on this for the "in-game" stuff, but it seems clear to me that Abe is saying you have misrepresented him somehow or been a little careless in how you put forth his opinions, because the anger he is responding with sounds an awful lot what I was going through with KWhit.

So maybe take a step back a little and take a look at the above posts to see if that is true?

I mean, I am for the vote Abe move, but I see nothing good by continuing this back and forth in the way it has developed.

I've said my part on the issue, which is and should be a non-issue. I am a little tired of people taking this as more than it is, IT'S A GAME.

I posted a rundown of the day one votes and then my opinion about what should be our next step. He acts like it's a personal attack and starts with the self pity. At that point it's on him.

I apologize to everyone else for this becoming whatever it became but that is where I draw the line. I was somehow part of something that got blown WAY out of proportion in one person's eyes.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #499
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've said my part on the issue, which is and should be a non-issue. I am a little tired of people taking this as more than it is, IT'S A GAME.

I posted a rundown of the day one votes and then my opinion about what should be our next step. He acts like it's a personal attack and starts with the self pity. At that point it's on him.

I apologize to everyone else for this becoming whatever it became but that is where I draw the line. I was somehow part of something that got blown WAY out of proportion in one person's eyes.

I generally agree (again) with what you're saying; I'm just noting that maybe you need to be a little more sensitive right now to whatever he's saying. Maybe you think he's making a big deal out of nothing, and that might very well be the case, but fact is, he's obviousdly very upset about it, so why throw gas on the fire. Cease and desist, man, and we'll all vote it out tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #500
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Cease and desist, man, and we'll all vote it out tomorrow.

Like yeah man, we all need to just head back to the Mystery Machine, grab some Scooby Snacks for munchies, lock the doors, roll up the windows, and just find a way to relax. Like, let's get out of here Scoobs.