Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #201
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE MAUBOY

For no real reason other than to get a vote out there on a person with a vote already (rather than adding a 5th candidate). Plus he played damn sneaky last game
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #202
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
just a plain old citizen. i get to hyperanalyze other people's mistakes instead of my own!

Get cracking on Danny's then.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #203
The Jackal
Coordinator

now i'm caught up and get to think about danny's erratic play, hmm.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #204
The Jackal
Coordinator

Certainly not going to vote for Danny today. Seems most likely he is a neutral, whether or not that is a criminal is hard to say. I somewhat doubt he has ties to the mob or wins with them. As he's often an early NK target as opposed to lynch target I don't much see this play if he was a wolf but I won't discount it further down the line.

For now I'll let Batman decide if he wants to do something about Danny and focus elsewhere.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #205
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Narcizo
Vote Mauboy
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #206
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Get cracking on Danny's then.

Yes, get cracking on my "mistake"
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #207
Danny
Head Coach

I'm pretty sure I figured out at least one mobster at this point.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #208
Danny
Head Coach

Too bad, you don't get to know who it is!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #209
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

so I guess the choice right now is vote for someone random and maybe get some info or vote for Danny and definately get some info?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #210
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
so I guess the choice right now is vote for someone random and maybe get some info or vote for Danny and definately get some info?

I wouldn't say voting for Danny definitely gets us info. It's highly possible he can't be lynched and would get an unknown triggered power were we to try it, which he probably wouldn't reveal if he doesn't have our best interests in mind.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wtf, did not expect 5 pages. Hope I can catch up at some point
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #212
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
wtf, did not expect 5 pages. Hope I can catch up at some point

It's only just begun...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #213
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't say voting for Danny definitely gets us info. It's highly possible he can't be lynched and would get an unknown triggered power were we to try it, which he probably wouldn't reveal if he doesn't have our best interests in mind.

So us lynching him and him not dying wouldn't be info we would learn?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #214
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
So us lynching him and him not dying wouldn't be info we would learn?

We'd learn that we probably gave him a power that might hurt us, I guess, or he'd be lynched and this was all a ploy. Either way, is that better than having a real vote analysis for D1?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #215
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
We'd learn that we probably gave him a power that might hurt us, I guess, or he'd be lynched and this was all a ploy. Either way, is that better than having a real vote analysis for D1?

You're better off not trying to figure me out, it will only lead to your own insanity
Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #216
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

a real vote analysis? we won't have anything to anylyze until after we see results of day 1 lynch.

this was all a ploy by whom? by himself to get lynched as a day 1 villager? come on now, you seriously aren't advocating that he is a plain jane villager are you?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #217
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
a real vote analysis? we won't have anything to anylyze until after we see results of day 1 lynch.

this was all a ploy by whom? by himself to get lynched as a day 1 villager? come on now, you seriously aren't advocating that he is a plain jane villager are you?

No not at all. He's obviously not a plain villager, Danny wouldn't do something so detrimental for no reason. But it's possible he's a wolf knowing that acting crazy like this would deter people from voting for him (a la Lathum in recent games). Still I think the most likely scenario, which I said before, is that he's a neutral, most likely a criminal such as the Joker or Riddler, and that doing what he asks us to do is not going to be in our best interests.

But if we decide as a group to push Danny and see what happens, that's not going to give us any useful vote information later on in the game, say day 5 or later. We'll look back and people will have a Danny vote easily explained by "oh its what the village wanted to do", instead of seeing what people might've done to save others.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #218
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm just a little plain villager
Scuttering around gotham city,
I'm just a little plain villager
pay no attention to little me
Everyone knows that a plain villager
never causes no harm, no, not a bit
I'm just walking around the town
wondering where I will sit
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #219
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think votes for Danny would be an easy way to hide votes on D1, and you never want to give wolves an easy way to hide votes on D1. Plus, from his posts, do you really think its going to be beneficial to do something he wants?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #220
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
No not at all. He's obviously not a plain villager, Danny wouldn't do something so detrimental for no reason. But it's possible he's a wolf knowing that acting crazy like this would deter people from voting for him (a la Lathum in recent games). Still I think the most likely scenario, which I said before, is that he's a neutral, most likely a criminal such as the Joker or Riddler, and that doing what he asks us to do is not going to be in our best interests.

But if we decide as a group to push Danny and see what happens, that's not going to give us any useful vote information later on in the game, say day 5 or later. We'll look back and people will have a Danny vote easily explained by "oh its what the village wanted to do", instead of seeing what people might've done to save others.

That's interesting analysis.

Further, really there are several possibilities.

1. I am a villager with some inside information that is seeing how people react and gaining info and really do have a duke ability.

2. I'm a neutral who wants you to listen to me.

3. I'm a neutral who wants you to ignore me and not vote me.

4. I am a wolf who wants you to listen to me.

5. I am a wolf who wants to ignore me and not vote me.

6. Something completely different
Old 06-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #221
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

My current plan is to vote for Danny right before the deadline in case his ability really is activated by votes.

Jackal - so you are advocating not to vote for someone who does not have the best interests of Gotham in their mind?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #222
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I think votes for Danny would be an easy way to hide votes on D1, and you never want to give wolves an easy way to hide votes on D1. Plus, from his posts, do you really think its going to be beneficial to do something he wants?

It could be any of the possibilities I laid out, but I find it interesting the people who think I simply "made a mistake" with my reveal. It's quite obvious that either another mayor would reveal or someone would post that initial post. It's pretty obvious I wanted my reveal to be caught.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #223
The Jackal
Coordinator

1. This is true, he could literally be the Duke, in which case we can still ignore him and he can use his power if he sees fit.

2. Also possible, and you've clearly got our attention.

3. Going to work as far as I'm concerned on day one, but won't work forever.

4/5. If you are a wolf, enjoy Batman.

6. Fun!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #224
Danny
Head Coach

I will assure you this, I am not afraid of this so called batman.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #225
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
My current plan is to vote for Danny right before the deadline in case his ability really is activated by votes.

Jackal - so you are advocating not to vote for someone who does not have the best interests of Gotham in their mind?

If you think it's a good idea, go for it. I'm of the opinion he probably cannot be lynched, at least not day 1, and I don't want to give him an unknown power when so far his posts haven't given me a warm fuzzy villager feeling.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #226
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

1. I am a villager with some inside information that is seeing how people react and gaining info and really do have a duke ability.

or someone without the best interests of gotham in mind with a duke ability...

my mind hasn't been changed
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #227
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
If you think it's a good idea, go for it. I'm of the opinion he probably cannot be lynched, at least not day 1, and I don't want to give him an unknown power when so far his posts haven't given me a warm fuzzy villager feeling.

But really, if it was a village helpful ability, I would be dumb to give that impression and be night killed.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #228
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

well I think I've drawn enough out of you two for now. my mind hasn't been changed on my course of attack, will see how others read your comments.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #229
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
But really, if it was a village helpful ability, I would be dumb to give that impression and be night killed.

Of course, you wouldn't do that. I kind of doubt you're a NK target at this point, at least not by the bad guys. You are serving as a distraction for them, albeit a fun one. I just want to make sure we don't ignore the subtleties of D1 and what they can mean down the line.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #230
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Of course, you wouldn't do that. I kind of doubt you're a NK target at this point, at least not by the bad guys.\

And that may have been my actual goal... or not
Old 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #231
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
And that may have been my actual goal... or not

Whatever your actual goals are, I think I made it clear I'm ignoring you on D1.

Other people are free to do as they please!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #232
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ignoring you in the vote that is, I make no promise to stop bantering
Old 06-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #233
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I had also considered cunning, cultist, one of those wacky roles that wins if they get lynched or scanned, or a villager with a good role trying to act crazy so they aren't NK'ed.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #234
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Whatever your actual goals are, I think I made it clear I'm ignoring you on D1.

Other people are free to do as they please!

Ah but you see, you can only give yourself the illusion of ignoring me. You, like everyone else will be drawn to my words and they will stick in your mind, spreading, and clouding.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #235
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
or a villager with a good role trying to act crazy so they aren't NK'ed.

Don't care how good the role and player is - pulling this sort of grandstanding stunt on day one as a villager to save oneself is just a bad move and I am pretty sure Danny wouldn't do it.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #236
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ah but you see, you can only give yourself the illusion of ignoring me. You, like everyone else will be drawn to my words and they will stick in your mind, spreading, and clouding.

Isn't this why God invented the ignore button?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #237
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
You're better off not trying to figure me out, it will only lead to your own insanity

You will out yourself quickly enough
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #238
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll get on the voting train early rather than late, as I know I won't have any activity at all from my work/client today.

Putting a vote on a guy who is usually more quiet that has had late runs in the last couple of games I've played:

VOTE MRBUG

I've had fours posts so far and you consider that active for me?

This is post number 5 btw
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #239
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

My read is that we should be using votes to discover mob members. If you think Danny is mob then fair enough, vote for him. In fact if you think he's lying about having a duke ability vote for him. Otherwise trying to push him as a candidate just gives the wolves an easy out. Unless they're afraid that Danny can target people who voted for him.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #240
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Alright, I debated on this to think it over some more, but I am the Mayor. The reason I am revealing is because I have a duke ability, but it's a little different than normal. If I use it, I gain a pretty powerful special ability I'd rather not reveal to the wolves. The catch is that I have to be the lynch choice in order to use it and can't just use it whenever I want. Since I tend to be a night kill target early on, I figure it's best to try and gain and use that ability before I am end up killed. It's up to you guys if you want to vote for me, and if you decide to, we could have an unofficial vote in which everyone places a unofficial vote Hoopsguy (as an example) and then I duke it to that person.

well now I know why you didn't like what I said. You thought I might run for Mayor against you in the next election.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #241
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't care how good the role and player is - pulling this sort of grandstanding stunt on day one as a villager to save oneself is just a bad move and I am pretty sure Danny wouldn't do it.

Not likely I agree, I wouldn't say a number of things I thought were likely, but that's what went through my head when I tried to figure if out. Something interesting to analyze D1 doesn't usually come about, so whatever he ends up as, it was enjoyable to throw around some speculations in my head.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #242
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm guessing that Danny is a mobster and trying to get villagers to vote for him so that the corrupted roles activate. Autumn's original postings say that the roles will be altered by interaction w/ the mob and I'm assuming that voting for a mobster might qualify as that.

Despite this, I'm really thinking of voting for him. We're going to have to vote for mobsters at some point if we want to win, right?

Autumn, are there roles in the game that werent listed in the rules?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #243
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
"scapegoat"? Really? So you believe JAG is a wolf exploiting your quietness for his own gains?

It comes down to playing styles. I realise some people think that posting lots causes unnecessary distraction but in the end I think a lot of people are going to vote early on to try to avoid a game where by day four everyone turns up, posts "bit quiet around here " and then buggers off again. To my mind, avoiding that means voting for the people who have a track record of being quiet, particularly after the first couple of days.

no, I do not believe that Jag is neccesarily a wolf for voting for me. I just meant I was and am an easy day one target.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #244
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My read is that we should be using votes to discover mob members. If you think Danny is mob then fair enough, vote for him. In fact if you think he's lying about having a duke ability vote for him. Otherwise trying to push him as a candidate just gives the wolves an easy out. Unless they're afraid that Danny can target people who voted for him.
i don't know if he's mob or some other not named villain but I am pretty sure he isn't with the city of Gotham and that means I'll vote for him. just not until the deadline...
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #245
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's in the first post that there are secret roles and rules in the game. That could just apply to the fact that some villagers dont know their roles, or dont know they are corrupted, but I feel like we have some neutral criminals. That could just be the GM in me knowing I'd put the Joker in the game, but.. he does say there are secret roles, so you have to consider the possibility and I somewhat doubt he's going to confirm anything.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #246
The Jackal
Coordinator

(that was in response to J's post.. thought I had time not to quote, but apparently not)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #247
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's in the first post that there are secret roles and rules in the game. That could just apply to the fact that some villagers dont know their roles, or dont know they are corrupted, but I feel like we have some neutral criminals. That could just be the GM in me knowing I'd put the Joker in the game, but.. he does say there are secret roles, so you have to consider the possibility and I somewhat doubt he's going to confirm anything.

I wouldn't consider the Joker or other hidden's "neutral", they most likely have separate winning conditions that do not jive with the villager's winning conditions.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #248
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't consider the Joker or other hidden's "neutral", they most likely have separate winning conditions that do not jive with the villager's winning conditions.

Right which is exactly what I meant by neutral. We don't know if they count as a villager or criminal in the overall ratio, and often it seems they count as their own group, certainly with their own winning conditions.

That's all I meant, I know they aren't "neutral" towards us.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #249
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ahh, I see it now in the little intro blurb. I guess I glossed over it when I re-read the rules postings.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #250
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The Dark Knight will be a fairly standard Werewolf game, albeit with secret roles and rules.

It's a secret!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote