Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
YOU'RE out of order!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #202
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ah-ha! It is Marc Vaughan.

Anyway, that's me for today. I realise I haven't exactly filled my own criteria for participation at the moment but I expect at least 10 more pages to wade through by tomorrow morning.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #203
st.cronin
General Manager

KAYUS WHITUS SUES ALANUS TEEUS
ALANUS TEEUS SUES HOOPUS GUYUS
HOOPUS GUYUS SUES AUTUMNUS LEAVUS
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus Sues Ironsus Headus
DADDYus TORGOus SUES WESTVUS FANus
Autumnus Leavus Sues Westvus Fanus
AUTUMNUS LEAVUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
Ardentus Enthusiastus sues Swaggus Swaggus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus sues Saldanus Lathamus
ANXIETUS ABEUS SUES DADDYUS TORGOUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES WESTVUS FANUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SWAGGUS SWAGGUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
Grammaticus Atticus sues Autumnus Leavus
Neon Chaos sues Barkeep
PEREGRINUS sues PATH12

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #204
KWhit
Coordinator

Rules question about the following:

Quote:
2 lawyers

There will be two additional public roles, the Best Lawyer in Rome, and the Second Best Lawyer in Rome. The lawyers may be hired by any player. When you have hired a lawyer, he may be used in the following ways:

- to defend yourself from an accusation of treason (this will be more effective if the player is, in fact, innocent)

- to represent you in a lawsuit (more on this later)

- you may appoint him as the Senate's lawyer, and prosecute a charge of treason (this will be more effective if the player is, in fact, guilty)

When a player who has hired a lawyer dies, that lawyer becomes richer. Lawyers have some other abilities which are a secret.

THE PUBLIC ROLES LISTED ABOVE MAY BE EITHER REPUBLICANS OR TARQUINISTS TO BEGIN THE GAME

Lawsuits

Each day, you may name a player you feel has wronged you in a lawsuit. (It is not necessary for this lawsuit to be based on anything - all that is required is that you desire to acquire some of that player's wealth.) The following day, this lawsuit will be decided. If you successfully sue somebody, your financial situation will be improved (and your target will find himself poorer). If you sue somebody and lose, there may be negative consequences. There is also a small chance that evidence of treason may come out.

My question:

Is "accusing someone of treason" different that bringing a basic lawsuit (the stuff we have been doing all day)? The rules seem to say that they are two different things, but I'm not sure.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #205
st.cronin
General Manager

two different things, handled two different ways by two different bodies

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #206
KWhit
Coordinator

Also, if anyone has gotten any other rules clarifications (maybe you PMed st.cronin a question or something) please share! Nothing that gives your role away or anything, but generic rules questions, etc....

I just feel a little bit in the dark right now and we need information.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #207
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

Okay. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #208
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

whoa, who isnt getting sued?except me
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #209
KWhit
Coordinator

By the way, it has been alluded to earlier, but I definitely think Alanus Teeus and Westvus Fanus should arrest someone for treason. It gives us voting records for all senators as well as insights into the Consuls' allegiences as well.

Although I wouldn't put it past a treasonous consul to arrest a Tarquin just to insert himself into a circle of trust...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #210
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
whoa, who isnt getting sued?except me

KAYUS WHITUS SUES BULLETUS SPONGEUS
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #211
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I re-read the rules and this makes better sense now. I was reading the rule and thinking that we normal senators (not consuls) could bring a suit of treason against someone if we had a lawyer. Is that what this rule means?

Quote:
- you may appoint him as the Senate's lawyer, and prosecute a charge of treason (this will be more effective if the player is, in fact, guilty)

Or does that mean that someone can hire a lawyer and appoint him to be the prosecutor against someone WHOM A CONSUL ALREADY ARRESTED?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #212
path12
Coordinator

I have the usual early questions: Big game, how many Tarquins do we have facing us? I'd suspect four to five. Conversion abilities? I would assume so (swaying or bribing senators to their position). Haven't figured out a night kill process with no real 'night' to speak of, so I'm drawing a blank on how they try and winnow down the good guys.....
Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #213
Autumn
Head Coach

This is my first WW game, so I don't have a handle on first day strategy. It seems a little dangerous to arrest someone randomly at this point since it would give any traitors a chance to have someone wrongfully executed. Then again, since an execution requires a majority vote, perhaps we don't have to worry. I'll say ahead of time, before any names are put out, that I likely will not vote for conviction unless we receive evidence against someone.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #214
Lorena
Unregistered

Alright, I'm caught up and re-read the rules so I feel a bit more comfortable with the game. Still some is a little confusing but I"m sure as the game progresses things will make better sense.

The one thing that stood out from the rules:

Quote:
When a player who has hired a lawyer dies, that lawyer becomes richer.

I'm assuming it's in the lawyer's best interest to get some clients killed to increase their wealth and thus gain more power. There's a good chance one of them could be a baddie so I'll be keeping my eye out on Swaggus and Ardentus.

As I mentioned before the game started I will be on on a limited basis. I need to pick up my kid and will hope to be on at some point before deadline.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #215
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You should hire a lawyer to help you do that, DC.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #216
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heading home shortly.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #217
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alan and WVU...please do arrest a person or two. Quickly. I think we do need to see a D1 vote at least.

As for the lawsuits, I see no real downside to them aside from clogging up the courts. I don't suppose our friendly "God" Cronin would be willing to tell us at what point the courts become backlogged? Otherwise perhaps a decent strategy is to file a ton of lawsuits today, keep track of how many go through (thus how many the court can handle in a day) and then withdraw the rest early tomorrow when we have an idea of how many the court can process in a day?

does that make sense?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cuz if so i'd be willing to be the sacrificial lamb there and sue everyone in the game, at the risk of bankrupting myself, just in order to see how many lawsuits the court can handle in a day...
Old 04-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello mega dola!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #220
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Hello mega dola!

He just doesn't want to be seen as "one of the quiet ones" when it comes time to throw somebody off the rock.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #221
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
You should hire a lawyer to help you do that, DC.

Heh, you seem pretty eager there AE In due time... in due time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
cuz if so i'd be willing to be the sacrificial lamb there and sue everyone in the game, at the risk of bankrupting myself, just in order to see how many lawsuits the court can handle in a day...

Looks like Kwhit beat you to it!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #222
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, pretty much. I figure that I already one of the poorest players in the game, so why not?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry. i hit "post quick reply" and then clicked over to do some work. came back and the text was still there, so i repeated the process. text was STILL there so i repeated it again.

obviously it wasn't clearing out of the quick-reply box

headed home in a few, but will of course be online from home
Old 04-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #224
Peregrine
Pro Starter

So it's going to be interesting to see how the filthy Tarquinians will expand or win. If they can convert people, it's going to take a while with so many players (unless they start with a lot.) If they can do some kind of kill action, I'm not sure. Either way it may be a long game.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #225
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

I get the distinct feeling we're already well above the daily limit.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #226
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I re-read the rules and this makes better sense now. I was reading the rule and thinking that we normal senators (not consuls) could bring a suit of treason against someone if we had a lawyer. Is that what this rule means?

Or does that mean that someone can hire a lawyer and appoint him to be the prosecutor against someone WHOM A CONSUL ALREADY ARRESTED?

Thanks.

This is correct, and will be better explained via pm when somebody hires a lawyer.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I get the distinct feeling we're already well above the daily limit.
I agree.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #228
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We have what, 4 hours to arrest and vote now?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #229
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We have what, 4 hours to arrest and vote now?

Anyone arrested today won't be voted on until tommorrow. All we can do today is put any lawsuits out we want , put in PMs to hire people's services, and then the consuls and tribune have additional things they can do today.

You can't vote someone off of the rock until they are arrested the previous day.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #230
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry i am a little late to the party, tribune checking in, and to those of you that have chosen to sue me, I welcome your inspection, as i have nothing to hide...i was chosen to protect the people from the abuse of power of the patricians, so i hope the numerous suits against me will serve to confirm your faith in me as your protector who is loyal to the republic.

that said, i think we need to consider the fact that one of the purveyors of services could be involved in providing falsely incriminating evidence against people involved in lawsuits...so as much as it has been said that the confirmation of no evidence of treason is only a minor check mark in the exonerated persons favor, evidence to the contrary should be viewed with equal suspicion.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #231
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
that said, i think we need to consider the fact that one of the purveyors of services could be involved in providing falsely incriminating evidence against people involved in lawsuits...so as much as it has been said that the confirmation of no evidence of treason is only a minor check mark in the exonerated persons favor, evidence to the contrary should be viewed with equal suspicion.

Interesting....
Old 04-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #232
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Anyone arrested today won't be voted on until tommorrow. All we can do today is put any lawsuits out we want , put in PMs to hire people's services, and then the consuls and tribune have additional things they can do today.

You can't vote someone off of the rock until they are arrested the previous day.

Keep forgetting that one. But still, we *are* winding down on arrests time.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #233
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree that time is winding down, but as i refuse to sue one of the people that i am sworn to represent, i will just sit back and await the arrest warrants of the consuls
Old 04-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #234
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Keep forgetting that one. But still, we *are* winding down on arrests time.

Arrest orders are put in via PM. not in the thread, and it is said there won't be any records of the arrests (or if someone chooses to not make an arrest). So the consuls (myself and Westvus Fanus for now, and future consuls after us) will be your source of who they arrested and why they chose to arrest them.

There isn't any rush to get arrest orders in that don't take effect until the next day other than a risk of bad guy actions occuring at some point during the day which could stop an arrest request from occuring perhaps if the bad guy action occurs before it chronologically. We don't know yet how that aspect of this game works just yet, so we will have to see either today or tommorrow. (Is it a safe assumption there won't be any kills today due to not being able to hire any kind of protection for today?)

I also am hesitant about those who indicated a strong desire to know what everyone was doing in the way of hiring services. Once we know what certain services do, it only takes matching up which people with the most money went for which services to know who is bodyguarded and who isn't. I think I much rather find out from people what the roles do/did after they no longer can use it for good, if that makes sense. Ie: getting the information about the hired services is good but not until it won't help the bad guys know where to plan a move for that day.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Arrest orders are put in via PM. not in the thread, and it is said there won't be any records of the arrests (or if someone chooses to not make an arrest). So the consuls (myself and Westvus Fanus for now, and future consuls after us) will be your source of who they arrested and why they chose to arrest them.

Dola, what I meant by this, is I assume it will be public knowledge that someone was arrested.. but to which Consul arrested them and why won't be from what I understand.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #236
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
i agree that time is winding down, but as i refuse to sue one of the people that i am sworn to represent, i will just sit back and await the arrest warrants of the consuls

We are Senators, not plebs. How insulting. At least I'm assuming that all Senators but you are patricians and not plebeians.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #237
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
We are Senators, not plebs. How insulting. At least I'm assuming that all Senators but you are patricians and not plebeians.
interesting that you are separating yourself so distinctly from the people you are supposed to be representing
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #238
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
interesting that you are separating yourself so distinctly from the people you are supposed to be representing

I don't know that the Roman Senate was all that concerned about the little people.....
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #239
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't know that the Roman Senate was all that concerned about the little people.....

Someone has to buy my yaks.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #240
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have returned home. I'm around
Old 04-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #241
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

which is exactly the problem...you are supposed to be loyal to the people of rome, not the senate
Old 04-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #242
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Man....all these lawsuits are making my head spin. Since no one knows how we are going to process the lawsuits, how is one going to know if it is safe to sue multiple people?

And what were to happen if someone were to acquire these services because I have no idea if they will have negative or positive effects on the outcome of the lawsuits.

Plus do we know 100% that these lawsuits will not be automatically assigned to a lawyer under certain circumstance. Because any of these lawyers can easily be Tarqs and we can be playing right into their hands.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #243
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well I have been around all day but I dont feel like I can contribute much. I am a little confused right now but I think that is the joy of the game and Cronin is doing it on purpose. I haven't been sued nor have I sued because at this point I dont think the courts can hear all that we have anyway so it will just be a waste. But I welcome anybody to sue me or do whatever you have to in order to get information out of me because I am just a Senator.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #244
Lorena
Unregistered

Talking j6j5h4j6uil8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Plus do we know 100% that these lawsuits will not be automatically assigned to a lawyer under certain circumstance. Because any of these lawyers can easily be Tarqs and we can be playing right into their hands.

If I'm understanding the rules correctly, we're assigned an average lawyer unless we hire either Ardentus or Swaggus (dunno if this is done by PM or here in the forum, waiting on cronin for this). You're right, if either of these lawyers is on the side of the Tarqs, we're in trouble.

Following this thought, if they both start out as loyal to the Republic, if there's a conversion ability and one of them becomes a Tarq, we're pretty screwed. Especially if they gain wealth off of other players' deaths.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #245
Lorena
Unregistered

OMG, ignore the smilie face in jibberish on my subject line. Our son somehow figured out how to add text on the subject. Hell, I don't even know how to add a smilie on the subject line.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #246
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that's awesome DC

but ya know...i think it might be a secret wolf-ish code.

VOTE DODGERCHICK...EARLY AND OFTEN EVERYONE

(hehe jk)
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
If I'm understanding the rules correctly, we're assigned an average lawyer unless we hire either Ardentus or Swaggus (dunno if this is done by PM or here in the forum, waiting on cronin for this). You're right, if either of these lawyers is on the side of the Tarqs, we're in trouble.

Following this thought, if they both start out as loyal to the Republic, if there's a conversion ability and one of them becomes a Tarq, we're pretty screwed. Especially if they gain wealth off of other players' deaths.

I believe hiring all services including the services of lawyers for the next day is done via PM, and does not have to be revealed.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #248
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I believe hiring all services including the services of lawyers for the next day is done via PM, and does not have to be revealed.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
that's awesome DC

but ya know...i think it might be a secret wolf-ish code.

VOTE DODGERCHICK...EARLY AND OFTEN EVERYONE

(hehe jk)

Har har... vote me and I'll sue your arse! I'm rich bitch!

Sorry, I keep hearing Dave Chappelle saying that line, I couldn't help myself.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #249
SnDvls
Pro Starter

wow just got caught up
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #250
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Snus Dvlus sues KAYUS WHITUS

just because no one else has and he has the most "lawsuits" out there. seems to make sense to try and clear the person w/ the most "suits" out there.

LSG - I can offer up a suit on you if you are feeling left out
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote