Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

WW CV: Transformers (D5, day ends Friday 9 PM EST)

Transformers: The Werewolf Game

This game is based on the popular toys, multiple television series, comics, and films. Be warned, this game is set-up to be a large and aggressive game. There could be good guys with kill abilities, bad guys with scan abilities, and a third party that you know little to nothing about (except what your history books have told you about The Fallen, that is).

I have worked very hard to minimize the use of random.org here as I felt it took much away from my first game. Therefore, almost all of what you see is driven by player choice rather than by mechanic or website.

Transformer names, while for show/flavor, are oftentimes tied into powers and win conditions. I would discourage a name reveal, as you'll see further down in the rules. In addition, Decepticons and Fallen will be supplied with extra Autobot names and roles in case this occurs anyway. Also, please do not read into the wording of PMs too much as they will be individualized and dramatized for player enjoyment.

There will be numerous things going on at all times, but the deadlines are set up for player convenience.

day deadline: 9 pm EST (must be before 9:01)
night deadling: 9:30 EST (must be before 9:31)

The half hour will hopefully give players a bit more time in making decisions and moves and means you will have to rely on conditionals much less.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-05-2009 at 08:43 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Roles: There are three sides in the battle for Earth. Autobots/Humans, Decepticons, and The Fallen

Most players have specific powers. While there is not a traditional seer, bodyguard, cunning, etc., these abilities will appear in some form. However, for most of you to exercise your abilities, you will have to risk being in disguise mode, a weakened state in which, for instance, if you are Bumblebee, you would be a Camaro that night rather than in robot form. By being in this state, there are very large disadvantages, such as a much higher chance of being nightkilled or perhaps challenged/killed by another player. Understand however, your safety is not guaranteed in Transformer mode. In fact, most of you will be unable to do your action if you are in Transformer mode.

Your responsibility:
By 9 pm EST: Vote for a lynch. Failure to do so leaves you in disguise mode. Please submit your vote as such: vote PB

A Tie: A tie will not end as such. In fact, a tie will be decided Gladiator-style, Transformer vs. Transformer. Each Transformer has been given a strength number (unknown to players) to determine the outcome of any fights that may occur (including ties).

By 9:30 pm EST
: Enter either a night action or pass on your night action and ask to be left in Transformer mode. Lack of communication will leave you in disguise mode as well. And you can certainly send in orders before this time.

The Goal: Autobots need to destroy all of the Decepticons for a victory. For a major victory, they will want to defeat The Fallen as well. The Decepticons want to achieve a 1:1 ratio with the Autobots for a victory and defeat The Fallen as well for a major victory. The Fallen and humans may have additional win conditions outside of these. Humans will count towards the Autobots numbers and The Fallen will not count on either side of the equation.

Transformer Abilities (taking any action, unless otherwise stated, leaves you in the vulnerable disguise mode that night)
Autobots
1. Scanner 1.0- Determine a player's allegiance if they are in Transformer mode.
2. Scanner 2.0- Determine a player's allegiance if they are in disguise mode.
3. Leadership- Your vote counts for three on DAYS you choose to exercise the action but you are in disguise mode that night.
4. The Savior- You may protect any player except yourself (you can't do the same person in two consecutive nights) but it leaves you in disguise mode. You may get information with a successful block.
5. Challenger- You can call out one person during the day and fight them. This leaves you permanently in disguise mode if you don't die during the fight. The person you fight will either die if you win or be left permanently in disguise mode and be stripped of their powers. You get to do this once.
6. Hunter- You can call out one person during the night and fight them. This leaves you permanently in disguise mode if you don't die during the fight. The person you fight will either die if you win or be left permanently in disguise mode and be stripped of their powers. You get to do this once.
7. Witness- You can follow one person each night and get information on their actions.
8. Searcher- You can search any person for part of the All-Spark. If you find a piece, you will steal it. If you get both pieces, you will earn new power.
9. Brave One- You can argue your way out of a lynch once but you must sacrifice someone else. You will be permanently left in disguise mode.
10. The Borrower- You can pick any player and steal their abilities for the game. This will leave both of you in permanent disguise mode. It is a one-time action but lasts the length of the game. Be warned, picking a Decepticon could lead to some unforeseen outcomes.
11. The Block- You can stop any player from doing their night action.
12. The Intuitive- You can scan one player each day to try and find The Fallen.
13. The Guard- You can scan a player each night to see if they are in Transformer or disguise mode.
14. The Resourceful- If scanned by The Fallen, you will automatically kill them. This leaves you in permanent disguise mode.
15. The Sacrificer- If nightkilled, you may leave behind evidence of who killed you.
16/17. The Twins- You may communicate between each other via PM but if one is lynched (note, NOT nightkilled), then you will both die.
18/19. The Humans- You know Bumblebee's identity but only win if you keep him alive. Mikaela has the power to rally him back from one kill although there may be serious consequences. In other words, if Bumblebee is killed and Mikaela is alive (and chooses to exercise her power), Bumblebee will be resurrected immediately. This power can be used only once.
20. The Resurrectionist- This character has the ability resurrect a person immediately after lynching. However, this action must be submitted prior to that lynch and is irreversible. The lynched person's identity will be uncovered as will the person who revives them. Both will be permanently left in disguise mode.
21. ???

Decepticons- The nightkiller is left in disguise mode. The kill order goes, as long as they all survive, Brutal, Thief, Powerful, Stalker, and reset.

1. Brutal- When lynched, you take any player of your choosing with you.
2. Thief- When lynched, you can steal the powers from any player of your choosing and leave them permanently in disguise mode.
3. Powerful- You can kill any player during your nightkill, regardless of if they are in Transformer or disguise mode.
4. Collector- You can search for a piece of the All-Spark. If you find one, you will steal it. Get both and you will be given an important choice. You cannot do a nightkill unless there are no other eligible Decepticons.
5. Stalker- You can scan a player and, if disguised, you can find out their role. You are also the cunning wolf.
6. Slut- You can block the action of any player. If you choose Sam Witwicky, you will kill him on site but be exposed in game. You cannot do any other nightkill unless there are no other eligible Decepticons.

The Fallen
1. The Fallen- To win, you simply must outlive The Powerful (Decepticon role) and the Savior (Autobot role). You can scan each night for one. You get a one time nightkill that you can use the next night after finding one of them (you must get a positive scan first).

This is the generic Autobot PM: You are an Autobot. Your name is _________. Your role is ________.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-02-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Transformers that may appear:

Autobots/Humans
Optimus Prime
BumbleBee
Ironhide
Ratchet
Jetfire
Arcee
Mudflap
Skids
Sideswipe
Jolt
Wheelie
Jazz
Grimlock
Prowl
Sunstreaker
Roadbuster
Jetfire
Wheeljack
Gears
Windcharger
Grapple
Hoist
Skids
Sam Witwicky
Mikaela Banes

Decepticons
Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave
Frenzy
Barricade
Alice

The Fallen
The Fallen

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 10-30-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Signups:

1. Danny, The Fallen (converted)
2. Lathum Frenzy, Thief Decepticon
3. Lerriuqs, Sunstreaker, Scanner 1.0
4. Hoopsguy Mikaela Banes, Human/Autobot
5. Autumn Starscream, Brutal Decepticon
6. Darth Vilus, Jazz, Scanner 2.0
7. JAG Sideswipe, The Hunter
8. Schmidty, Ratchet, Brave One
9. J23, Optimus Prime, Savior
10. Eaglefan Barricade, Collector, Decepticon
11. RendeR Wheeljack, the Searcher Autobot
12. Passacaglia Arcee, the Resourceful Autobot
13. The Jackal, Bumblebee, the Leadership Autobot
14. LoneStarGirl, Ironhide, Challenger
15. KWhit, Megatron, Decepticon Powerful
16. Alan T Grapple, the Intuitive Autobot
17. DaddyTorgo, Jolt, the Borrower
18. GoldenEagle, Sam Witwicky, Human/Autobot
19. dubb93, Grimlock, the Sacrificer

Alternate:
19.5 Chief Rum, Go Bot

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-06-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Danny
Head Coach

Even without that info, I am in
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Edit (I'm allowed to edit before the game starts so hah!)

Your first post answered my questions.

I'm going to have to pass though, deadline isn't that great for me I fear!

Last edited by Alan T : 10-30-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

in
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got high hopes for this game based on the concepts in the "Next Game" thread and what is listed above.

In.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I wish I could play, but unfortunately, I will need to utilize my free time to getting my game set, which is right after PB's. I will be following along, though. Looks like a good theme.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Man, two of my favorites sitting this one out! I'm hoping we can get everybody else in and I may drop some PMs to guys that played a while ago.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #12
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 AM   #13
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I am so effing IN!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Man, two of my favorites sitting this one out! I'm hoping we can get everybody else in and I may drop some PMs to guys that played a while ago.

You can put me down as an alternate. I won't be in at the start unless I get a lot more done on my game set before your game starts, but I might be able to contribute as a replacement if need be (regardless).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So we need a minimum of 27 people I believe, let's get em!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #16
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I'm back for another.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll play.

Give me an easy role because my brain hurts.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm in.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll sign up. My head nearly exploded reading the rules but I'll give it a shot.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, aiming for either a Sunday role release/Monday start or a Monday roles release/Tuesday start. I'm going to work on some recruiting as well...
Old 10-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #21
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

so what does megatron transform into, the cannon or the jet?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #22
Schmidty
Coordinator

Where's Mirage? He was my favorite character when I was a kid. If I were able to pick, I'd be him.

He'd be a perfect conversion character.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh alright, I'll bite. In like a bad broken habit coming back to haunt you all.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #24
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Transformers was the only comic book I read regularly. Those were awesome. I'm in.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Depending on tomorrows game I know who my day 1 vote will be
Old 11-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #26
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Signups:
Hoopsguy (Go U of I, beat up on Michigan for my Boilers the next week)
Passacaglia

You had more hope for my football team than I did.

I just left Passacaglia in the above quote because he is a UM fan
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Depending on tomorrows game I know who my day 1 vote will be

+1

Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am afraid this game looks a little too advanced for me. I am in because I know you need players Purdue but I hope I dont screw it up!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #29
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll play
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am afraid this game looks a little too advanced for me. I am in because I know you need players Purdue but I hope I dont screw it up!

Honestly, rules look harder than they should (and I think that is my fault). I think you'll do great actually.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #31
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

Games always look tougher than they are, I am sure a day or two in we will get the hang of the mechanics.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Games always look tougher than they are, I am sure a day or two in we will get the hang of the mechanics.

But I'll be voted off by then...
Old 11-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #33
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll play.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Eaglefan
Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

just 15? Let's try this then, "You will sign up for Transformers: Th Werewolf Game. You will be more than happy to recruit others to the game as well. When you play YOU WILL NOT VOTE DARTH VILUS".

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote Eaglefan

But the game's not over yet...

Of course, as I type this the Giants seemed to think they didn't need to cover Jackson.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
just 15? Let's try this then, "You will sign up for Transformers: Th Werewolf Game. You will be more than happy to recruit others to the game as well. When you play YOU WILL NOT VOTE DARTH VILUS".

HA! I'm hoping to score another three or four people, we'll see. I sent out a couple invitations this morning.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #38
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'll be in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #39
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

In.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #40
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Likely going to send out roles tonight with one caveat. Tomorrow afternoon/evening I teach at NIU which does not allow me access from basically 5 pm EST to 8 pm EST (meaning I'll be out of touch for 3 of the 4 1/2 hours prior to the deadline). I don't think it'll be a problem but I'll do my best to answer any questions in advance.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I went ahead and had PB add me since he needed more folks. I told him in PM, but will say here as well before the roles go out that I'm super slammed at work right now these days. (I worked 25 hours straight from Friday morning 4:30am until Saturday morning 5:30am this week for instance). So don't take my lack of involvement at times in the game as a sign of me trying to play under the radar. I don't know how to play under the radar.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #42
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Vote alant

your lack of participation is suspicious

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 11-01-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: cuz I can
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #43
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I will add to the numbers. The time I will be able to dedicate to this game is nowhere near what I am accustomed to. With that said I want in.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #44
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks dubb! I'm prepping everything now and will have stuff going out around 8 pm CST.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #45
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Role information will begin going out in a few moments. Please wait to post until I announce the start of the game (it's not really the end of the world if you don't listen, not like if you Autobots lose to the Decepticons and The Fallen).
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #46
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

to early for me to vote Eaglefan?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #47
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, for those who have seen the movie - what do I need to know from there that I won't (sort of) recall from the cartoons back in the 80's?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
to early for me to vote Eaglefan?

If he votes like Eli plays he'll probably end up voting for himself...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #49
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

All roles should be out. Thank you all so much for playing, I hope it is a good experience.

Basic reminder: Most of you have to actions available each day. Vote by 9 pm EST and submit a night action by 9:30 pm EST. If you do not vote, you'll be left vulnerable (in disguise mode) at night. If you choose not to exercise your action, you'll be left in protected (Transformer) mode at night. I hope that makes it easier to understand.

So, the story:

It has been fifteen short months since the Autobots and Decepticons squared off in Mission City. Despite the wreakage, carnage, and mass wounded, the government has somehow covered up the existence of giant alien robots. However, a new threat looms and Earth must call on their adopted defenders once again.

The captured Decepticons are missing from the Laurenitis Abyss. Government monitoring stations are completely clueless as to how this has happened. But it means one important thing, that a piece or pieces of the All Spark must have somehow survived the first battle.

Secondly, the Autobots have uncovered an important and cryptic message: The Fallen will rise again. It is either a new Viagra ad campaign or something much, much darker and scarier.

So it begins, in the deserts of Nevada, that the Autobots find themselves facing what could be their toughest task.

Their leader, Optimus Prime, stands before them and issues his famous, and perhaps fatal, order, "Autobots...roll out." And the hunt is on...

(Cue Linkin Park and we begin with a slo-mo shot of Megan Fox)

Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #50
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, for those who have seen the movie - what do I need to know from there that I won't (sort of) recall from the cartoons back in the 80's?

good question. i haven't watched the movies and don't have a clue what "the fallen" are.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote