Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
naran
n00b

Fictional Non-American League

I realize this would be an extremely long and painstaking process, but if I edited the player names files, hometown files, college names and city names files could I successfully run a league based in a different country? Like replace all first names and last names with Russian ones, then add in 10,000 Russian hometowns, and Russian cities to potentially host teams? Or are there some references to the US that are just hardcoded in that I couldn't really avoid?

naran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

The hometown data is definitely mapped onto a 2d grid of the USA... not sure if the math would work with whatever coordinates would be required to put the hometowns elsewhere.

To be honest, though, your change would be 100% cosmetic, I trust you understand this. There appears to be some trivially small "hometown effect" in the game, hard to see how placing guys to be from Vladivostok would change that in any way we'd notice.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
naran
n00b

Right, I don't need it to be completely perfect, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't crash the game or leave like really obvious traces to the US that kinda defeat the point. I will give it a try and see what happens I guess.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
naran
n00b

So after playing around with it...it definitely *could* be done but it would just take forever to replace so many different names and I just don't think the payoff is worth it. If someone who cares more about an international league sees this, I say go for it, but keep in mind it will be a big time investment.