Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #401
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
eh, keeping anything that could in any way tie him to that world is being sloppy imo, but I don't feel like the way it happened was cheap as it was suggested somewhere above. To me it feels completely in character that Walt would keep something like that around, and maybe even forget about it as months went by.

One explanation I'd read is that Walt liked how Gale had looked up to him and regretted he and Jesse having to kill Gale as a reason for keeping the book around.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #402
Landshark44
High School Varsity

can someone refresh my memory as to the circumstances in which the book previously appeared? i remember it vaguely, but am a bit confused as to why hank immediately linked it to walt....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #403
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Gale's diary that the DEA/Hank collected from Gale's apartment after he was shot references "WW". Hank had playfully told Walt it stands for "Walter White". Walter jokingly said "Got me" then told Hank it probably stood for Walt Whitman.

That's what the flashback was showing.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-06-2012 at 06:33 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #404
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I think it is going to take a little more than the book to connect the dots to Walt as the kingpin. Obviously Walt and Skylar have some unacocunted for money that they got with gambling winnings but will the initials W.W. immediately lead Hank to Walter killing people and selling crystal meth to the entire Southwest. He obviously seems to be a decent enough detective that he might look into it but I am guessing he won't immediately figure that out on episode 1 of next season.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #405
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I think it is going to take a little more than the book to connect the dots to Walt as the kingpin. Obviously Walt and Skylar have some unacocunted for money that they got with gambling winnings but will the initials W.W. immediately lead Hank to Walter killing people and selling crystal meth to the entire Southwest. He obviously seems to be a decent enough detective that he might look into it but I am guessing he won't immediately figure that out on episode 1 of next season.

And that is why the last 8 are going to be awesome. Seeing him put the pieces together and go after Walt. Can't wait!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #406
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
And that is why the last 8 are going to be awesome. Seeing him put the pieces together and go after Walt. Can't wait!

Yeah I can't wait either. I like the reference somebody made on the last page to the Shield. The beginning season makes Vic very unlikeable with some questionable decisions but by the middle you are kind of cheering for him and then by the end you want him dead. I used to love the Walt/Jessie interaction and now can't wait for Hank to throw the cuffs on him and kill him.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #407
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

You know it will eventually come full circle and Jesse will find out about him poisoning the kid and it will come down to some showdown between them.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #408
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hank can't tell anyone about his hunch. He will need to be 100% certain.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #409
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hank can't tell anyone about his hunch. He will need to be 100% certain.

It will be interesting to see what Hank does. He has been dogged on this Blue Meth thing for about a year now. He's been obsessed with it. Then he hears about what happened in the prison... 10 men murdered within 2 minutes, all to protect this Heisenberg. He is made numb by this "monster" and what he's capable of and then finds out that it's... Walt?

After all of this time and knowing what he knows, can Hank reign it in? Can he live with the knowledge that Heisenberg has been right under his nose this whole time?

Interesting times...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #410
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:

It's not just the book. It's the note written in the book that's pretty damning IMO

Something like "to my other favorite W.W. blah blah. G.B."

As far as I'm concerned, Hank knows now.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #411
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
It's not just the book. It's the note written in the book that's pretty damning IMO

Something like "to my other favorite W.W. blah blah. G.B."

As far as I'm concerned, Hank knows now.

Absolutely Hank knows.

Once he read that note it all came crashing down on him. The "gambling addiction", the new cars, the car wash... Hank's a smart guy and obsessed with this, things have just clicked for him. It's how he reacts is the big question. He's tied up in this. Walt's drug money allowed him to walk again.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #412
mckerney
Coordinator

There's plenty more for Hank will be able to put together if he thinks about it. The missing lab equipment from the high school Walt crashing the car driving Hank around to check out leads on Gus, Walt interrupting Hank during the blue meth sting, the call saying Marie was in a car accident when he was outside Heisenberg's RV.

I don't think any of it works as hard evidence yet though if Hank decides to go after Walt though.

Last edited by mckerney : 09-06-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #413
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Bin Laden example by the Aryan guy was a bit of an anachronism. I've seen it referenced elsewhere. Basically 1.3 years have passed in the show, meaning it is approximately 2008 or 2009 in their world.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #414
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
You know it will eventually come full circle and Jesse will find out about him poisoning the kid and it will come down to some showdown between them.

Howso? Walt would have to tell him about Jane...that's easily not going to happen. Huell/Goodman would need to spill about the poison. It just doesn't seem likely for them to crack about something so insignificant.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #416
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I think the show is going to come down to a series of three choices each progressively getting harder for Walt...

1) Kill Jessie?
2) Kill Hank?
3) Kill Skylar?

I could almost see it ending with Walter having completely gone off the deep end after killing all three. I almost think the show would have killed Jessie off much sooner if Aaron Paul didn't do such a great job with the part. I think Jessie is the most disposable of the three and will probably be killed early this coming season.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #417
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think the show is going to come down to a series of three choices each progressively getting harder for Walt...

1) Kill Jessie?
2) Kill Hank?
3) Kill Skylar?

I could almost see it ending with Walter having completely gone off the deep end after killing all three. I almost think the show would have killed Jessie off much sooner if Aaron Paul didn't do such a great job with the part. I think Jessie is the most disposable of the three and will probably be killed early this coming season.

Jessie was originally written to be killed off in Season 1.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #418
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
There's plenty more for Hank will be able to put together if he thinks about it. The missing lab equipment from the high school Walt crashing the car driving Hank around to check out leads on Gus, Walt interrupting Hank during the blue meth sting, the call saying Marie was in a car accident when he was outside Heisenberg's RV.

I don't think any of it works as hard evidence yet though if Hank decides to go after Walt though.

No, Hank certainly doesn't have enough hard evidence to arrest him, but there is more than enough evidence there for Hank to "know", starting, indeed, with the missing lab equipment all the way back in the beginning.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #419
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #420
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
No, Hank certainly doesn't have enough hard evidence to arrest him, but there is more than enough evidence there for Hank to "know", starting, indeed, with the missing lab equipment all the way back in the beginning.

I am curious about what Hank thinks Walt's involvement is with the knowledge that he's Heisenberg. Does he think Walt might be the kingpin that he actually is, or does he think that Walt is just a meth cook? Does he think Heisenberg was behind the deaths of Gus, Gale and Mikes guys in prison, or does he figure that Gus and Gale could have been killed by a dealer and maybe Mike called in the prison hit after figuring someone had turned on him? How far in Hank thinks Walt is could be a big determining factor in how he proceeds.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #421
Radii
Head Coach

Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan on poetry books, time jumps and the end for Walter White
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #422
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I am curious about what Hank thinks Walt's involvement is with the knowledge that he's Heisenberg. Does he think Walt might be the kingpin that he actually is, or does he think that Walt is just a meth cook? Does he think Heisenberg was behind the deaths of Gus, Gale and Mikes guys in prison, or does he figure that Gus and Gale could have been killed by a dealer and maybe Mike called in the prison hit after figuring someone had turned on him? How far in Hank thinks Walt is could be a big determining factor in how he proceeds.

I agree. I can't imagine Hank would immediately think that Walt is the guy who killed Fring and been running the show since. I am sure his initial belief would be that he's involved only as a cook... I would think.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #423
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The fates of Walt and Jesse continue to be intertwined. I would expect both to survive throughout the next season. Perhaps Jesse dies in the next to last episode.

I'll have to rewatch the series going into next summer.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #424
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Will we feel sad or indifferent?

Anyone who feels indifferent is a pile of shit who I have interest in knowing.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #425
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I agree. I can't imagine Hank would immediately think that Walt is the guy who killed Fring and been running the show since. I am sure his initial belief would be that he's involved only as a cook... I would think.

It does depend a bit on if he's making the Walt = Heisenberg connection right away and what his current perception of what Heisenberg is responsible for.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #426
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Anyone who feels indifferent is a pile of shit who I have interest in knowing.

Huh. Seems needlessly dramatic, but whatever makes you happy.

By indifferent, I'm referring to whether Walt winds up in prison or dead. We were certainly on his side early on, but we've seen him do some unforgivable things, including poisoning a child who had nothing to do with the drug trade.

Jesse is in some ways the conscience of the drug trade itself. But Skylar's role is Walt's own conscience, even though she doesn't know much about what he's done. Her icy, robotic demeanor in her scenes added a lot to this season. She reflects who he is inside.

I'm not saying I'm indifferent to the series or that it's not a quality series. I'm looking forward to the final season. I'm saying that, right now, the Walt that we've seen killing so easily and manipulating his family is not a compelling person the way Tony Soprano was.

Walt told Skylar, "you will love me again." Perhaps he's right. Maybe the final season will be about his personal rehabilitation as Hank closes in. I would like to see a final scene with Walt meeting his demise at Hank's hands, fully rehabilitated. If Gilligan can pull that off, I think the show goes down as one of the truly great ones.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #427
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I don't want anything bad to happen to Jesse.

I would feel bad for Walt JR and the baby. I feel a little bad for Skyler, but she has some blood on her hands. Despite the fact that I am always, on some level, rooting for Walter to get out of trouble, he has it coming. He's done horrible, horrible things.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #428
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I felt like we didn't get enough Saul this season.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #429
mckerney
Coordinator

At least we got to see his drawer full of cell phones.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #430
Bad-example
College Starter

Most people seem to be assuming that Walt ends up either dead or in jail. I'm wondering if the machine gun and the Scarface connection isn't a red herring. Any chance of a quieter resolution, one where Walt abandons everyone and starts over in a new city, leaving his family to face the music? Maybe Skylar, Hank and Marie end up in prison.

My biggest disappointments about season 5a are no flashbacks of Gus or of how Walt poisoned that kid in season 4.

You guys think Lydia was recording that conversation with Walt?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #431
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My son decided to start watching from S1, ep 1 on Netflix this morning. I'd forgotten (or missed in my occasional viewing) the amount of humor that was part of the series early on.

edit to add: And this has got to be the show that has done more character development than any in the history of television.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #432
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The assembly scene where Walt discusses the amazing lack of deaths in the plane crash is so funny.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #433
Logan
Head Coach

Well from about December 1st until now, my fiancee and I just caught up on the whole series.

Can't wait for the summer.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #434
nol
Banned

I don't remember where I saw this, but there was this fan theory that seemed to be so crazy that it's probably true because of how Breaking Bad lets seemingly no stylistic detail go to waste. Here goes:
Spoiler
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #435
Radii
Head Coach

that is my favorite theory about the final 8 episodes that i've read so far.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #436
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Oooh - that is a fantastic theory. Never noticed all that.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #437
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
I don't remember where I saw this, but there was this fan theory that seemed to be so crazy that it's probably true because of how Breaking Bad lets seemingly no stylistic detail go to waste. Here goes:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #438
chinaski
College Prospect

I dont read too much into the Skyler theory, but the other ones are pretty sweet. Though, one way of looking at the Skyler idea is that Walt has figuratively killed her, I don't see him ever harming his immediate family, regardless of how Skyler feels about him.

I really love this show, had pneumonia the last couple weeks and I watched every episode.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #439
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I don't see him ever harming his immediate family, regardless of how Skyler feels about him.

One of the things I'm looking forward to most is seeing exactly how dark Walt will get at the very end. Anything is possible here IMO.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #440
molson
General Manager

Just finished up Season 4. I've been following the comments here, keeping pace with where I was in the series, and I knew Season 4 and/or the first half of Season 5 would be something else since you guys were less than 2 pages into a 9-page thread after season three. And of course, it delivered. I thought I was going to have to buy the Season 5 episodes before things pick up again in August, but behold, the 1st-half Season 5 episodes are on Netflix streaming as of this Friday.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #441
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Just finished up Season 4. I've been following the comments here, keeping pace with where I was in the series, and I knew Season 4 and/or the first half of Season 5 would be something else since you guys were less than 2 pages into a 9-page thread after season three. And of course, it delivered. I thought I was going to have to buy the Season 5 episodes before things pick up again in August, but behold, the 1st-half Season 5 episodes are on Netflix streaming as of this Friday.

Nice!! I am going through this series again before it starts up in August and it just blows me away how much it can still suck me in. Can't wait to see how it ends.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #442
molson
General Manager

Also, I want to see a spin-off with Saul Goodman's "A-Team" - Huell and the other guy.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #443
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just finished getting caught up.

Ending of the first half of S5 certainly brought a new spin to the phrase "oh shit"
Old 08-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #444
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I'm anxious to see what transpires when Hank finishes taking a dump.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #445
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Also, I want to see a spin-off with Saul Goodman's "A-Team" - Huell and the other guy.

I don't know if you already knew this, but they actually do have a Saul spin-off in the works: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1389368. The other guy's Bill Burr, a decently famous comedian. You should check out some of his stuff.

It says a lot about Breaking Bad that they could've made any number of must-watch spin-offs starring main characters. Walt in his Grey Matter days, Gus and his Pollos partner, the messed-up household that produced both Skyler and Marie, Mike and his adventures in "corporate security," Gale's karaoke trips to Thailand, etc.

I've got a bit of a crisis developing. After re-watching every episode over the last month, I've got a wedding to attend next weekend. If I can't duck out of the reception for an hour, I'm going to need to stay far, far, away from the Internet.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #446
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I'm anxious to see what transpires when Hank finishes taking a dump.

Seriously. For show openings, Breaking Bad has a history of flashbacks, flash forwards, artsy shots, stylistic foreshadowing, music videos, and more... but if they want to just pick this up EXACTLY where it left off, that would be fine with me.

I want to see Hank go back out to the pool. I want to see Hank and Marie's ride home.

Regardless, damn I can't wait...
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #447
Bad-example
College Starter

'Breaking Bad's' Final Season Premiere: TV Review - The Hollywood Reporter

No real spoilers but it's a review, so click at your own peril.

Last edited by Bad-example : 08-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #448
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

It's incredible how they can make you love and hate a character so much..even within single episodes.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #449
path12
Coordinator

Flying to Hawaii for two weeks this weekend but set the DVR for this to record plus five minutes because I DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING!!!

As excited for this as any show I can remember.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #450
molson
General Manager

Caught up. It's kind of surreal - for 5 1/2 years now, Breaking Bad has been this show out there that I knew nothing about. I knew it was a great show that people were into, but I was just completely in the dark. I've seen this thread pop up for years (Bubba Wheels started it for god's sake), but I always stayed out of it and managed to avoid spoilers. And now, I know everything that happened. And now I have to wait around like an idiot for like 6 days for the next episode.

So now that I'm trolling around the internet for Breaking Bad content, check this out, visual recap of Walt's big year:

A Year in the LIfe of Walter White - A Breaking Bad Timeline

And what Breaking Bad would look like as an ABC Family Sitcom:

Breaking Bad is now on ABC - YouTube