Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-04-2016, 12:58 AM   #16051
molson
General Manager

How is it that every 4th of July people are so unprepared with regard to keeping their dogs from escaping?
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:34 AM   #16052
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Don't get caught going over 80 in Virginia. Shit sucks royally.

Wytheville?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #16053
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wytheville?

Heh -- we just drove through there yesterday, too. Didn't see very many cops on 81 at all, really.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #16054
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That place is a really bad speed trap
Old 07-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #16055
molson
General Manager

Fireworks season in my new neighborhood is apparently 7:30 PM - 2:30 AM, July 1-July 4. So far - I'm curious if it continues tonight. I've never minded late fireworks, but this seems excessive. It's been almost a week that I've had to drive to a different neighborhood or the woods to walk my dog, who refuses to go outside at night near the house right now.

Last edited by molson : 07-05-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #16056
Logan
Head Coach

It may be crazy expensive to live here and we may have 90+ degree days with 97% humidity but one thing I'll always be thankful for in this area is only dealing with professional fireworks shows.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:10 AM   #16057
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
It may be crazy expensive to live here and we may have 90+ degree days with 97% humidity but one thing I'll always be thankful for in this area is only dealing with professional fireworks shows.

Ya, I never realized the scope of amateur fireworks enthusiasm in parts of the west. It's scary, a bunch of teenagers shot off fireworks in the Boise foothills last week and burned 2,500 acres. It's very dry here, a stray firework from a neighbor could light-up your yard or house pretty easily.

Last edited by molson : 07-05-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #16058
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I was peeking outside the house last night and saw the neighbor telling his kid to throw his now-burnt-out-but-still-smoldering sparkler into their full trash bin.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 07-05-2016 at 12:02 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #16059
Suicane75
Coordinator

I put my grandmothers air conditioner in for her this year, just like I do every year. Every year she insists on putting a piece of wood underneath it, which doesn't do a damn thing but she insists it has to "lean back". Well this year she decided apparently that the water is dripping to close to the outside wall so she went and re positioned it herself. I walk into the house this afternoon to find flies all over, ok, gotta figure out where they are coming from. Check the windows all through the house and when I get to her room I notice the air conditioner has been moved, there's a jar of icy hot wedged underneath it, it's not even sitting close to the lip and the slats are all out of alignment so she's got electrical tape all over the place. And her top window is about 6 inches down so she's been running the AC for a month with her window down.

I try so hard to keep calm.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #16060
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My mom tried to serve us the infamous Grey Burgers on the 4th. I did not partake
Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 AM   #16061
Suicane75
Coordinator

Ughh, I had forgotten about my experience with those things. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #16062
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Why hasn't fed ex reworked and used DMX's "X gon give it to you" in a campaign. I mean the lyrics are like X gon give it to you. X got what u need. X gon deliver to ya"

Granted the song is either about drugs or murder or something but it's got a really catchy hook.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #16063
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

My girlfriend just called me and told me that her bedroom blinds where open and the key hidden outside is gone. Seems someone found the key and went inside. I don't think I would have gone inside to look if bedroom blind was open. Headed her way, if I don't post anymore you'll know why.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:11 PM   #16064
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I hope she already called the cops before or immediately after she called you.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #16065
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

She works at church and Wednesdays in July the youth group does things. Went to movie at 630 and got out at 830. She went home at 4 to let dog out since going to movie and noticed it. Come to find out, she saw the window blind open entered anyway. Looked around for a second and let the dog out and went back to work.

She text me at this point and I thought she'd wait until I got there. Thought she'd call me when all her youths got picked up. Got to her house around 840 and saw her car. For a split second I was scared, then saw a cop car. I text her like 5 minutes earlier and waiting for her to get her students off. Her church shares parking lot with police station and she walked over there and got a cop to come check her house out.

Got a new lock installed. But it is creepy laying in bed thinking about someone was at that window.

Had trouble sleeping thinking what if she stumbled upon someone. The cop told her to get a gun.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 07-15-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #16066
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

If she wants to hide a key, it may be worthwhile getting those 'rocks' with a keypad on the bottom of it or something like that.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:59 AM   #16067
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
If she wants to hide a key, it may be worthwhile getting those 'rocks' with a keypad on the bottom of it or something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. After someone getting in, not going to be leaving a key out though.......Weird, nothing was taken. Creepy.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #16068
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Today was "get the kid's parking permit for college" day.

My head hurts ... and all I had to do was consult with him over the (excruciatingly limited) options.

My wallet also hurts.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:23 PM   #16069
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Today was "get the kid's parking permit for college" day.

My head hurts ... and all I had to do was consult with him over the (excruciatingly limited) options.

My wallet also hurts.

I did the, meet with the Academic Counselor to discuss transfer of credits from SUNY Geneseo to University of Utah - oh and fighting residency status right now for my daughter.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #16070
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I did the, meet with the Academic Counselor to discuss transfer of credits from SUNY Geneseo to University of Utah - oh and fighting residency status right now for my daughter.

After I posted, we actually needed another hour+ online AND three more calls to get things clarified.

After all of that, we finally managed to get him a space (with limited after-hours privileges however) than was only 0.6 miles from his dorm instead of the 1.0+ miles & across a major 4-lane option that was his ONLY initial possibility.

Only cost a little more than double.

Hope your luck is better.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #16071
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
After I posted, we actually needed another hour+ online AND three more calls to get things clarified.

After all of that, we finally managed to get him a space (with limited after-hours privileges however) than was only 0.6 miles from his dorm instead of the 1.0+ miles & across a major 4-lane option that was his ONLY initial possibility.

Only cost a little more than double.

Hope your luck is better.

Don't know if it's better. Might be a little tougher to produce but I think I can win it for her. They want:

A copy of Divorce Papers, stating their mother has the rights to claim them on taxes and why they don't appear on mine.

A vehicle registered in my name in the state of Utah (I don't have as we are only a one car family)

A copy of my taxes - I was 1099 and filed an extension, I did all the work on my own and they want official letter head of my CPA to state that I have filed an extension even after telling them multiple times I manage my own accounts and taxes.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:10 AM   #16072
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just throwing this out there,

but I would love to see an instrumental theme draft out there
Old 07-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #16073
korme
Go Reds

Day off, went to see a movie at the dollar saver ($3, heck yeah). Check out a mall I haven't been to in a long while that is right next door, leave there with shoes, a shirt, a jacket and sunglasses and altogether I'm down $350 on the day. WTH just happened?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #16074
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Day off, went to see a movie at the dollar saver ($3, heck yeah). Check out a mall I haven't been to in a long while that is right next door, leave there with shoes, a shirt, a jacket and sunglasses and altogether I'm down $350 on the day. WTH just happened?

I have sunglasses that are 20 years old so I have no clue.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #16075
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I was writing something in another thread and made me think about this. I tend to see this forum for most the time here as something I interact with like turning on a nintendo. I posted something a few weeks ago and subby said something, and I guess I do come off like I am center of the world. But am not like that at all in person. I replied to something subby said today, it wasn't nice. Want to be friends with him and being an ass is probably the best way.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #16076
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post

You left looking good my friend, that's what happened.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #16077
Suicane75
Coordinator

What the fudge happened to online poker? Turbo, Hyper Turbo, Deepstack, Rebuys, Re Entries, 3 HOUR LATE REGISTRATION. Sat down for a nice tourney tonight, $11 buy in, 6K guaranteed, and 3 guys at my table are just going all in every hand and re entering if they bust. Within half an hour there were 4 guys at my table who had at least tripled up and the madness showed no signs of ending.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #16078
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
You left looking good my friend, that's what happened.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #16079
Suicane75
Coordinator

Precisely!
Old 07-20-2016, 10:09 PM   #16080
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
What the fudge happened to online poker? Turbo, Hyper Turbo, Deepstack, Rebuys, Re Entries, 3 HOUR LATE REGISTRATION. Sat down for a nice tourney tonight, $11 buy in, 6K guaranteed, and 3 guys at my table are just going all in every hand and re entering if they bust. Within half an hour there were 4 guys at my table who had at least tripled up and the madness showed no signs of ending.

My cousin plays on bovada, couple times near a final table he text me to watch him. I was surprised by some of the stuff in the lobby. 3 hour late registration, haha. He was telling me that all he had to do is win one hand and he would be in the money. When he won big once, he played a hyper turbo. what a crapshoot.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 07-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #16081
Suicane75
Coordinator

Turns out I've been using the word peruse wrong pretty much my entire life. But in my defense, so it seems do most people.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #16082
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
wow - after looking up what the word really means - my mind is blown.

This just confuses things

Peruse | Definition of Peruse by Merriam-Webster

Also relevant (someone brought up persue in the comments)

http://mentalfloss.com/article/49834...-own-opposites

Last edited by molson : 07-21-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #16083
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Turns out I've been using the word peruse wrong pretty much my entire life. But in my defense, so it seems do most people.

So, how were you using it then?
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:26 AM   #16084
Suicane75
Coordinator

To indicate I've skimmed through something. When in reality, it means the exact opposite. I think.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #16085
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm gonna need a ruling by a scholar.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #16086
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Maybe you using the word skimmed incorrectly?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #16087
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
To indicate I've skimmed through something. When in reality, it means the exact opposite. I think.

Your thinking could literally not be more heterodox if you tried.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #16088
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

"Peruse : skim :: study : cram" might be an effective analogy. Perusal generally implies a conscious decision to devote one's time and energy to reading a passage the way that we do when we study, but not in any systematic attempt to master the material. You're skimming in the sense that your aim isn't necessarily to remember specific parts, but to get a sense of its content or tone, usually for your own pleasure. The most obvious descriptor of perusing something is that it's done at one's leisure. The verb calls to mind things like sports almanacs, bathroom readers, or old strategy game manuals.

Last edited by Shkspr : 07-21-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #16089
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Your thinking could literally not be more heterodox if you tried.

My thinking has always been hereodox. Except for the one time I got really drunk watching Legends Of The Fall.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #16090
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Maybe you using the word skimmed incorrectly?

Now I'm even more confused. If that does, in fact, means what I think it means.

I always thought revenge was a dish best served cold. Turns out it means, to get back at someone.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #16091
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
My thinking has always been hereodox. Except for the one time I got really drunk watching Legends Of The Fall.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #16092
PilotMan
Head Coach

Whenever I see BLM in a thread I immediately read it as Bureau of Land Management. This results in some confusion on my part.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-22-2016 at 02:26 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #16093
molson
General Manager

I went to a rodeo last night in Idaho. It was a good time and the whole experience was very enlightening. I'm from the northeast, have very liberal parents who were involved in very liberal shit in the 60s, I went to a liberal college, and a VERY liberal law school. I dabbled in conservatism kind of in revolt of all of that, and I got more liberal as I got older, but - I totally get the appeal of conservative American values. At this event - there were prayers, patriotism, I was all in. It was just so positive. And I really feel that there's no hate in the hearts of 95% of these people. It's just a different way of life. I know I'm a pain in the ass in so many threads here, but I think that's just because I can really relate to both sides - I was born and raised uber-liberal - but all of the good things in my adult life have come in this environment of legit-good-people conservatives who don't hate immigrants or gays or anyone else, but who just kind of cling to these old-fashion values and experiences which are very uniquely American. So I kind of feel like that about everybody - most Republicans, conservatives, Muslims, Police officers, liberal professors, etc., are really good people thrown into a very messy world and are legit doing their best, and legit care about the people around them. There's just a minority of dickhead assholes who ruin shit for everyone.

Last edited by molson : 07-22-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #16094
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I went to a rodeo last night in Idaho. It was a good time and the whole experience was very enlightening. I'm from the northeast, have very liberal parents who were involved in very liberal shit in the 60s, I went to a liberal college, and a VERY liberal law school. I dabbled in conservatism kind of in revolt of all of that, and I got more liberal as I got older, but - I totally get the appeal of conservative American values. At this event - there were prayers, patriotism, I was all in. It was just so positive. And I really feel that there's no hate in the hearts of 95% of these people. It's just a different way of life. I know I'm a pain in the ass in so many threads here, but I think that's just because I can really relate to both sides - I was born and raised uber-liberal - but all of the good things in my adult life have come in this environment of legit-good-people conservatives who don't hate immigrants or gays or anyone else, but who just kind of cling to these old-fashion values and experiences which are very uniquely American. So I kind of feel like that about everybody - most Republicans, conservatives, Muslims, Police officers, liberal professors, etc., are really good people thrown into a very messy world and are legit doing their best, and legit care about the people around them. There's just a minority of dickhead assholes who ruin shit for everyone.

Big words coming from an anti-bullite.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:02 AM   #16095
Izulde
Head Coach

Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge? Well, two years later, it appears to have done some good:

Ice bucket challenge helps scientists find new clues into motor neurone disease

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #16096
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, it turned into an interesting lunch break...

GF sent me a text saying you have something in the mail from NY Social Services (I have been back in Utah for over a year). I start scratching my head, figuring out what it is and have her open it. She calls me flipping out.

It appears the state of NY investigated me for child abuse charges that my Ex's boyfriend (No her ex-bf) claimed when he got arrested for beating the shit out of my Ex in front of my kids.

I of course was found innocent of anything, but to find out they had a behind the scenes investigation going on without my knowledge was a little disconcerting

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-28-2016 at 02:13 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #16097
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
I wish I could say there was a decision. It was a bizarre call but I would say it looks like I will be getting the job, but no offer is on the table yet. We basically debriefed on the entire process, talked about the next 5 years and then I was told, "You're the guy we want. We know the situation as far as you're current compensation and desire to not relocate for a year. We want to discuss how we see that going forward, but... some of us are getting ready to leave tomorrow for Europe for two weeks and we'd like to discuss the particulars when we're back."

So I'm the guy but no movement for another two weeks. Honestly, it's a bit frustrating but I badly want this job so I'll happily wait it out if that's whats required.
After 1.5 months of additional calls, another onsite interview and then a long waiting game, I was finally told today that I would not be offered the job. I'm pissed.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #16098
Dutch
"Dutch"

Ugh, sorry to hear it.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #16099
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge? Well, two years later, it appears to have done some good:

Ice bucket challenge helps scientists find new clues into motor neurone disease

ALS Matters!

No, All Diseases Matter!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #16100
Critch
lolzcat

I probably made a post similar to this 4 years ago, but why is there no Olympics-themed manager game? I'd buy it.

Last edited by Critch : 07-28-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote