Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #651
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty sure its an unwritten WW rule that quoting Vince Vaughn will get you next day lynched. On that note, I'm out for the night. see folks in the morning at work.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #652
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I agree, it would have been nice if I could have talked my way out of it. Unfortunately, Alan was hung up on what I said this morning about not caring about the lynch.

When I got back, I tried to find a better candidate than myself to go to the duel, but people weren't moving their vote. Not my fault, keep your vote on me take a chance at getting duked. I dropped a bunch of hints during the last 3 hours.

I told you i was willing to help you get lynched..i asked you two questions...the first you said didnt matter, and the second you totally ignored. Thats not really trying...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #653
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I agree, it would have been nice if I could have talked my way out of it. Unfortunately, Alan was hung up on what I said this morning about not caring about the lynch.

When I got back, I tried to find a better candidate than myself to go to the duel, but people weren't moving their vote. Not my fault, keep your vote on me take a chance at getting duked. I dropped a bunch of hints during the last 3 hours.

You had dropped a bunch of hints, but I never caught them. I might just be dense, but I couldn't figure out what you were hinting. Oh well, hopefully we'll learn something from this.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #654
Blade6119
Coordinator

*not get lynched

lol
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #655
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but the Guillotine didn't come about until 1789.

Good catch, I actually thought it did not come about until later too, but could not resist using it in a French based game. . At the historic time of this tale, they really used a two handed sword or an axe. Either way, a sword/axe is not as cool as the mack daddy Guillotine.

Don't fret, you may never get to see it in a WW game again.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-10-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #656
Tyrith
College Starter

I picked up on the hints but since there hasn't been an actual duke in a big game for a couple of games now it entirely passed me by. OOPS. I can't believe we collectively missed that one.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #657
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Good catch, I actually thought it did not come about until later too, but could not resist using it in a French based game. . At the historic time of this tale, they really used a two handed sword or an axe. Either way, a sword/axe is not as cool as the mack daddy Guillotine.

We'll conjure one just to kill you with it.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #658
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post

i should prolly GM some WW games. With all my history knowledge I have a feeling I could make some fun games.

"WW: The Russian Revolution"
"WW: A Song of Ice and Fire" (can someone please do this dammit?)
"WW: Chicago Mafia Wars"
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #659
Tyrith
College Starter

I want someone to do a Star Trek WW, damnit. Deep Space Nine gave us the perfect way to do it!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #660
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I want someone to do a Star Trek WW, damnit. Deep Space Nine gave us the perfect way to do it!

YES

grrrr. is there any kind of primer on like...hosting the games? or do you just learn how via playing?

cuz a DS9 WW would be INSANE!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #661
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I guess this is where me not knowing the full story too well comes in. I guess I assume if someone is the second in command of the Cardinal Guard they are probably more likely to be good than the remainder of people who have not been cleared in any way so far.

Sorry, but I completely agree with Jonathan E on this one. In no way does this clear Fouts to my mind. He duked to someone not suspicious, not high in the vote count for what reason? At least duke to the other high vote getter since enough people saw something there to vote for. Maybe number three or number four. But nope, he dukes CR.

All that was established was that he has a rank. If the musketeers infiltrated us, then they could certainly have any rank they desire. Nope, in no way does he have my trust.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:57 AM   #662
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
YES

grrrr. is there any kind of primer on like...hosting the games? or do you just learn how via playing?

cuz a DS9 WW would be INSANE!

Just FYI, I have a DS9 game that I almost ran. I ran the premise through hoops(you know, hoopsguy), the only hangup, it is not like any WW game that has ever been ran and I'm not real sure of how balanced it is. I may yet pull the trigger on it someday.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #663
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

As you all rise in the morning, you wash up, get dressed and assemble for breakfast. You notice that not all are present. Hmm, Izulde and AlanT are not at the mess hall. M Grenir looks very shaken. He tells you that AlanT’s manservant lost his wits in the middle of the night and came to M. Grenier wailing that M. AlanT was murdered by poisoned wine!

You rush to AlanT’s room and look about. Sure enough a fine bottle of Anjou wine is uncorked and open upon the table. A glass lays broken upon the floor where it was dropped. M. AlanT’s body is lying stretched out towards the door. He has a look of shock and disbelief upon his face. A face that is twisted and bloated blue. You think it best to check his belongings. You find a well worn red sash signifying that he is Cardinals Guard. You search his belongings and find a sealed envelope. The wax seal bears the symbol of Cardinal Richelieu himself. With a particular uncertainty you open the letter and read:

This man is an investigator under my protection. He has the right to search any premise within reason. Give him the courtesy of those serving the Cardinal.
-Richelieu

My god, this man was an Investigator in the service of the Cardinal. You look about and notice a small piece of paper almost hidden under the bed. It is a receipt for purchase of two bottles of Anjou wine, total price 50 Livre and addressed to M. Fouts. It must have been dropped upon delivery.

You suddenly realize that Izulde was not present as well. You run to his room and find the poor man laying in his bead, the sheets awash in a red stamp of death. His throat has been slit from ear to ear. You search his Armoire and find a weathered red sash signifying Cardinals Guard. You also find a certificate of Outstanding Marksmanship.

M Grenier calls you to attention and says that st.cronin will not be among us today. He took his bible to the chapel and will be back at the end of the day. M. Grenier says that any votes for st.cronin will not be counted and since he will not be among us, M. st.cronin will not vote either.

You walk away sad and dejected, as you have lost two more of your ilk…..

AlanT was Cardinals Guard, Investigator.

Izulde was Cardinals Guard, Marksman
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #664
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ummmm....Ouch

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:07 AM   #665
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Did we just lose our seer?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #666
Blade6119
Coordinator

One of them...we might have more by the looks of cronins actions
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #667
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, 2 kills? Do the musketeers not know each other?
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #668
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
dola, 2 kills? Do the musketeers not know each other?

Wouldn't there have been 3 kills in that case?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 AM   #669
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wouldn't there have been 3 kills in that case?

Like last game, maybe some can only kill certain times. Just trying to explain 2 kills, though alans might likely have been a tk assasin role.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 03:51 AM   #670
Fouts
College Starter

Interesting that my name was on the receipt. Nice attempt at a frame job there.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #671
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh well. So much for trying to make the bad guys think I'm nothing important.

Good luck good guys.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 AM   #672
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick shout out to Narcizo too.

Come join us in a game some time!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #673
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Did we just lose our seer?

Yes. That is the name of the seer role in this game. As I alluded to earlier in the game, I had this name in my PM at one point and strongly believed it to be the title of the seer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #674
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm wondering where Alan tipped his hand, as I did not see it.

However, quoting Vince Vaughn - from The Breakup???? - is a confirmed recipe for disaster. Try Swingers next time you get the urge ...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:07 AM   #675
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
However, quoting Vince Vaughn - from The Breakup???? - is a confirmed recipe for disaster. Try Swingers next time you get the urge ...

Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #676
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not really sure what to make of this except it sucks we lost our seer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #677
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I'll be gone most of the morning/afternoon without internet access.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, I learned that there was an element from the "Ripper" game that translated into this one last night. While this may seem pretty cryptic at the moment, I'm sure someone will know exactly what I'm talking about if/when they get a similar night PM.

I did not leave my room last night and I do not believe I could have left my room. So I'm not sure if I should take the night actions as a friendly one or an act by the muskateers. I'm inclined towards the first, if only because I don't think that the muskateers would have a 3rd action on top of two kills.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #679
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just a quick shout out to Narcizo too.

Come join us in a game some time!

Thanks, but time zones preclude me.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #680
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I thought Alan had hinted that he had an important role. It doesn't surprise me that he and Izulde got knocked off. Talking about your roles and characteristics seems like it would draw way too much attention.

I wonder what the deal with St. Cronin is? Is this part of his priest training? Will he be changed when he comes back? He could have left a note on his writing desk or something to let us know what was up.

So where do we start looking today?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 AM   #681
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well where do we go today? I think we had a great Day 1, in terms of activity, so I feel like there have to be clues out there to take advantage of.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #682
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wow.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #683
SnDvls
Pro Starter

this is like three games in a row we've lost our seer on night 1 or 2. puts us behind the eight ball now.

Alan's murder seems set up to me too. I'm still in the trust Fouts camp.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #684
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I can give my thoughts on last night's events. The Izulde throat-slitting sounds to me like a normal Musketeer kill. It was mentioned that people still had their daggers, and this looks like a death by dagger. I expect we'll see this kind of thing nightly.

The Alan kill by poison seemed a bit odd. I'm guessing that this will be an every-few-nights kind of kill. Poison just doesn't seem like an every-night thing. I also find it interesting that there was a receipt that went along with the wine. The question becomes, did the delivery person give the wine to the wrong person (supposed to go to Fouts)? Did Fouts poison his own wine and deliver it to Alan (and then drop the receipt)? Was this a pretty clumsy frame job?

I'm going to guess that Fouts did not kill Alan. That receipt was too big of a "clue" to be found without the use of any particular role.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #685
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think that an argument can be made to trust fouts from his posts, but I think trusting him simply because he is the duke is faulty logic and am surprised to see so many veteran players suggest that. Most noticeably I was surprised to see hoops be the first to suggest it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #686
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Going to vote early, as I may be busy at work today.

Frankly, *I'm* amazed at the fact that so many people think Fouts shouldn't be very much trusted (unless he gets converted later, if they can do that).

As such, I'm looking at the people who've been spearheading against Fouts. Namely, Jonathan. If we spend all day campaigning against Fouts, we waste a full day discussing someone I believe is 100% on our side. Which, to a wolf, would be a grand thing. Fouts is a good guy. Wasting our time arguing this point (especially today) is not beneficial to the cause.

So, barring some new evidence coming out today...

Vote Jonathan Ezarik
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #687
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The "duke" power is almost always bestowed on a "villager". So Fouts, even though he missed on his guess, should enter a relatively trusted state. Which means the bodyguard game gets to start early, with deciding whether to guard Fouts or someone who he thinks may have a seer role.

I would much rather Fouts take a shot with using his power than dying with it unused as a good guy. Just unfortunate that his switch didn't work out.

Quote:
According to the right up, the guard read Fouts' paper and verified he was who he said he was. Lieutenant of the Cardinal Guard. So in my mind, thats fully trusted at least for now.

As for him using his ability, yep thats what he had to do there, and he was in the same situation I was. Having to decide who should die without having any facts on anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
That's an awfully powerful role to have in the hands of a wolf. Too powerful, in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
same feeling here fouts should be #1 on everyone's trust list in my book now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think that an argument can be made to trust fouts from his posts, but I think trusting him simply because he is the duke is faulty logic and am surprised to see so many veteran players suggest that. Most noticeably I was surprised to see hoops be the first to suggest it.

Barkeep, of the four quotes listed here I think mine is indicating the lowest amount of trust for Fouts. So I find it weird that you would cite my support as the one that draws your attention. All four players are guys who have a number of WW games under their belts.

That said, I'm still inclined to trust Fouts more than the norm. If he is still around in a couple of days and another poisoning shows up with a delivery note from the cellar of "M. Fouts" then I might re-evaluate this position. But I think the easiest position to take right now is to expect that a traditional good guy role was delegated to a good guy in this game.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #688
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Going to vote early, as I may be busy at work today.

Frankly, *I'm* amazed at the fact that so many people think Fouts shouldn't be very much trusted (unless he gets converted later, if they can do that).

As such, I'm looking at the people who've been spearheading against Fouts. Namely, Jonathan. If we spend all day campaigning against Fouts, we waste a full day discussing someone I believe is 100% on our side. Which, to a wolf, would be a grand thing. Fouts is a good guy. Wasting our time arguing this point (especially today) is not beneficial to the cause.

So, barring some new evidence coming out today...

Vote Jonathan Ezarik

Interesting. You're working under the assumption that I'm going to go after Fouts today, which is not my intention at all. I don't hold Fouts in my CoT, but I don't necessarily consider him evil, either. There are other players I'm looking at today.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #689
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Interesting. You're working under the assumption that I'm going to go after Fouts today, which is not my intention at all. I don't hold Fouts in my CoT, but I don't necessarily consider him evil, either. There are other players I'm looking at today.

Quote:
He doesn't have my trust. I don't care if he is our lieutenant, that doesn't automatically make him good. Remember that there is a captain of the Musketeers as well. I would assume that's a high ranking official.

Quote:
This is the main reason I don't trust Fouts. He pointed out st.cronin earlier and had voted for him before switching to Chief, but when the time comes to select someone to die, he goes for the revenge vote. If he had taken out st.cronin, he'd have my trust (assuming st.cronin didn't come up as a valuable role for us).

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't like how you handled this one. It's nothing personal, but I'm not going to trust you just because you are the lieutenant. In my book, a man of honor would have challenged his accusers rather than sending them to die.

Forgive me for saying I think you've already gone after him quite a bit.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #690
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Forgive me for saying I think you've already gone after him quite a bit.

True, but all those posts show is that I don't trust Fouts, not that I'm out to lynch him. Everyone was jumping on the "We now have one person we can trust" just because he's a lieutenant or has a duke role, and my stance is that neither one of those automatically makes one good. Now, if several people come out today and vouch for him because of night actions, my opinion of him will change.

A question for those in the Fouts camp: if he had chosen Alan yesterday, would you still be so quick to believe he's good?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #691
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
True, but all those posts show is that I don't trust Fouts, not that I'm out to lynch him. Everyone was jumping on the "We now have one person we can trust" just because he's a lieutenant or has a duke role, and my stance is that neither one of those automatically makes one good. Now, if several people come out today and vouch for him because of night actions, my opinion of him will change.

A question for those in the Fouts camp: if he had chosen Alan yesterday, would you still be so quick to believe he's good?

Fair enough, but I think you're very, very wrong, and I find what you've said thus far suspicious enough for me to throw a vote down. I've been wrong before, I could be wrong again, but it's what I have to go on right now.

And to answer your question, yes, I would. He made a guess, he was wrong either way. It's what happens on day 1.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #692
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Fair enough, but I think you're very, very wrong, and I find what you've said thus far suspicious enough for me to throw a vote down. I've been wrong before, I could be wrong again, but it's what I have to go on right now.

I understand your reasons for voting for me, but think about this: would a wolf be so vocal against a player that most believe is good? And after the first day at that?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #693
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
By the way, I learned that there was an element from the "Ripper" game that translated into this one last night. While this may seem pretty cryptic at the moment, I'm sure someone will know exactly what I'm talking about if/when they get a similar night PM.

I did not leave my room last night and I do not believe I could have left my room. So I'm not sure if I should take the night actions as a friendly one or an act by the muskateers. I'm inclined towards the first, if only because I don't think that the muskateers would have a 3rd action on top of two kills.

I believe I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm getting clarification on what can be shared.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #694
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I understand your reasons for voting for me, but think about this: would a wolf be so vocal against a player that most believe is good? And after the first day at that?

Ahh, but what if it's all a ruse, and he knew I knew he knew I knew? "Would a wolf do this" arguments never freakin' work.

But on the serious note, I hear you, and my vote is certainly not set in stone (and never was - as I said, acting on what I've got right now). We need some more people talking and offering other analysis.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #695
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Okay, shifting gears. Have we learned anything from night actions?

I can understand Alan's death, but Izulde's is a bit of a stretch. I know he hinted that he was a marksman, but why did the wolves take him out? Were they afraid of a repeat of yesterday's vote where it was going to result in a duel between Izulde and someone? If so, whom are they trying to protect?

Could it be that both deaths are an attempt to frame Fouts? The Alan one seems obvious, but he was scheduled to duel Izulde before he made the switch. Things to ponder.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #696
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We need some more people talking and offering other analysis.

Yeah, so wake up people! We've got the King's business to attend to!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #697
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I did not leave my room last night and I do not believe I could have left my room.

Are you saying that your door was locked from the outside last night?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #698
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

And to answer your question, yes, I would. He made a guess, he was wrong either way. It's what happens on day 1.

I'm in the camp that is leaning towards Fouts being good, so I agree with you there. I don't follow the jump to Jonathan though. I think he's just disagreeing with Fouts' decision, but that doesn't make him bad. My feelings on that have been clear, I think we have at least one Musketeer in the Fouts voters yesterday and barring further info that's where I'm looking first for my vote today.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #699
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you saying that your door was locked from the outside last night?

Mine would have been locked from the inside most likely.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #700
hoopsguy
General Manager

Posing an open question - was there someone with an assassin role who thought it was a good idea to go after Izulde last night? I would like to have an understanding of what kind of night kill schedule we can expect for the remainder of the game. If no one comes out and says "yeah, I goofed on my assassin kill" then I think we have to assume there is a good chance another poisoning will take place before this one is over.