Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #701
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
My feelings on that have been clear, I think we have at least one Musketeer in the Fouts voters yesterday and barring further info that's where I'm looking first for my vote today.

Well, three of the six are already dead. That leaves LSG, SnDvls, and myself, if you want to go that route.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #702
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm in the camp that is leaning towards Fouts being good, so I agree with you there. I don't follow the jump to Jonathan though. I think he's just disagreeing with Fouts' decision, but that doesn't make him bad. My feelings on that have been clear, I think we have at least one Musketeer in the Fouts voters yesterday and barring further info that's where I'm looking first for my vote today.

For what it's worth, I like how Jonathan handled my suspicions this morning, and am inclined to raise my trust of him at this point. If people start trying to pile on my vote, I'll be concerned.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #703
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
For what it's worth, I like how Jonathan handled my suspicions this morning, and am inclined to raise my trust of him at this point. If people start trying to pile on my vote, I'll be concerned.

Me too.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #704
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Are you saying that your door was locked from the outside last night?

Nope, not at all. If anything, I would concur with Path's read on the situation.

Path, lets see if we can further solidify some mutual trust here - per the PM, do you know why you may have been selected last night?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #705
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Posing an open question - was there someone with an assassin role who thought it was a good idea to go after Izulde last night? I would like to have an understanding of what kind of night kill schedule we can expect for the remainder of the game. If no one comes out and says "yeah, I goofed on my assassin kill" then I think we have to assume there is a good chance another poisoning will take place before this one is over.

I was thinking along the same lines. Lot of people haven't checked in this morning (whereas I don't have anything to do at work till this afternoon now), so maybe we'll know more about this one later in the day.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #706
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, three of the six are already dead. That leaves LSG, SnDvls, and myself, if you want to go that route.

Interesting. I hadn't actually gone back to see who those votes were.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #707
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True, but all those posts show is that I don't trust Fouts, not that I'm out to lynch him. Everyone was jumping on the "We now have one person we can trust" just because he's a lieutenant or has a duke role, and my stance is that neither one of those automatically makes one good. Now, if several people come out today and vouch for him because of night actions, my opinion of him will change.

A question for those in the Fouts camp: if he had chosen Alan yesterday, would you still be so quick to believe he's good?

I agree completely with JE here and am also suspicious of CW jumping on JE so early.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #708
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope, not at all. If anything, I would concur with Path's read on the situation.

Path, lets see if we can further solidify some mutual trust here - per the PM, do you know why you may have been selected last night?

hoops, I don't have any idea why I was chosen for the visit I had last night. It was certainly persuasive, however, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #709
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, just to make sure you understand what I'm asking - I'm interested in the small talk as a way to see if we saw the same thing and if the actions were driven by the same role.

If we line up pretty closely here I'll have a hard time believing that you were out and about last night, which would definitively move you up the ranks in an early CoT.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #710
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Path, just to make sure you understand what I'm asking - I'm interested in the small talk as a way to see if we saw the same thing and if the actions were driven by the same role.

If we line up pretty closely here I'll have a hard time believing that you were out and about last night, which would definitively move you up the ranks in an early CoT.

Would you two like to enlighten any of the rest of us? :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #711
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Did your persuasion have anything to do with signing something, or writing something?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #712
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, actually. I didn't see anything last night. Anything a gentleman would admit to seeing, that is.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #713
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, actually. I didn't see anything last night. Anything a gentleman would admit to seeing, that is.

I take it this was an uninvited guest?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I know I'm dead and all, but just wanted to celebrate my getting my 1000th post for the third time with friends in a way that won't wreck it.

I barely remember the first time I got my 1000th post a few years ago!

Ok back to your WW game!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #715
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I know I'm dead and all, but just wanted to celebrate my getting my 1000th post for the third time with friends in a way that won't wreck it.

I barely remember the first time I got my 1000th post a few years ago!

Ok back to your WW game!

Congrats Alan, you're officially a recidivist :P
Old 12-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #716
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #717
path12
Coordinator

One other comment that I can't clarify more: someone definitely wanted AlanT dead. Whether or not they knew his role I don't know, but he was certainly targeted in addition to the poisoning.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #718
path12
Coordinator

To take the thought further, I'd love it if hoops could clarify his knowledge of Alan's role.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #719
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE NTNDEACON

Voted for a confirmed good, I've got no other reason to really vote for anyone right now. Very likely to change, but there needs to be another vote out there.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #720
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Posing an open question - was there someone with an assassin role who thought it was a good idea to go after Izulde last night? I would like to have an understanding of what kind of night kill schedule we can expect for the remainder of the game. If no one comes out and says "yeah, I goofed on my assassin kill" then I think we have to assume there is a good chance another poisoning will take place before this one is over.

It's not unheard-of for something like that to be a one-time kill mechanic, and if it was a Musketeer that had it, they may have wanted to get it done quickly rather than catch a duel or a lynch today.

OOC, we know that Gram is planning to make sure that the game finishes before the holidays, so even if that was a one-time kill for the player who did it, I think we can expect that people will continue to die at a rate greater than two a day.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #721
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
One other comment that I can't clarify more: someone definitely wanted AlanT dead. Whether or not they knew his role I don't know, but he was certainly targeted in addition to the poisoning.
That's very interesting. So we can conclude that if the poison attack had failed, another attack from a different quarter may have succeeded.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #722
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
That's very interesting. So we can conclude that if the poison attack had failed, another attack from a different quarter may have succeeded.

Yep. It also calls into question whether the person who "contacted" me last night (I had no direct contact with another player as far as I can tell) was unable to communicate with whomever did the poisoning, or if it was a coordinated scheme to make sure he died.

I'm by no means sure that the person who "contacted" me is bad. It is quite possible they're not.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #723
path12
Coordinator

Dola, that is why I'd like to hear more from hoops as to how he was able to suspect Alan's role, and whether or not there are others who might have had that same ability.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #724
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, I had an uninvited guest last night. But it was a more pleasant experience than most uninvited late-night visits in werewolf games.

I knew about the name of the "Investigator" because earlier in my career I had been assigned the position. Since I have not gotten any kind of PMs letting me know I now have the position I am assuming that I'm not a "latent Investigator" and don't see a lot of harm in releasing this info now. Just would have been nice to have the seer around with an ally (me) who could vouch for his story once he released his title ...

Path, I didn't have any kind of information last night about Alan's death. My visitor wasn't there to discuss current affairs.

And after posting this I guess my "gentleman" status has been revoked.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #725
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yep. It also calls into question whether the person who "contacted" me last night (I had no direct contact with another player as far as I can tell) was unable to communicate with whomever did the poisoning, or if it was a coordinated scheme to make sure he died.

I'm by no means sure that the person who "contacted" me is bad. It is quite possible they're not.

Why would someone who wanted to poison Alan contact you?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #726
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Dola, that is why I'd like to hear more from hoops as to how he was able to suspect Alan's role, and whether or not there are others who might have had that same ability.

I didn't suspect Alan had it, I just recognized the name of the role on his death. I included the word "investigate" in one of my Day 1 posts when suggesting that the seer should look at Dubb based on his Day 1 play. But I was the only person to use this word in the first 450+ posts (last time I looked for it) so Alan either didn't catch the hint or didn't feel like reciprocating at that time.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #727
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Why would someone who wanted to poison Alan contact you?

I don't think that the person that arranged my contact was the person who poisoned Alan.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #728
path12
Coordinator

hoops, did your visitor discuss future affairs by any chance?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #729
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think that the person that arranged my contact was the person who poisoned Alan.

And I assume the point of your contact was more than just pleasure?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #730
path12
Coordinator

BTW Alan, you said you hit 1000 for the third time?? How'd you lose the second one?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #731
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
And I assume the point of your contact was more than just pleasure?

I'd rather keep that quiet for right now, Brian. Sorry to be so cryptic.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #732
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
hoops, did your visitor discuss future affairs by any chance?

No, it was a pretty "in the moment" encounter.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #733
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW Alan, you said you hit 1000 for the third time?? How'd you lose the second one?

I got to 1000 quite a while ago, when I came back from being gone for several months because of work my post count was back around 760 or so. I had lost about 400 posts due to something which I never did figure out. I never cared much about post count so didnt even bother asking.

I got 1000 again at some point most likely thanks to Werewolf games since I post on FoFC much less these days than back in the earlier days.. but as people know lost that when these threads were moved to this forum.

So this is the third time
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #734
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No, it was a pretty "in the moment" encounter.

This is really weird. We appear to have the same event happen but I don't get any sense that they are for the same reason.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #735
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I got to 1000 quite a while ago, when I came back from being gone for several months because of work my post count was back around 760 or so. I had lost about 400 posts due to something which I never did figure out. I never cared much about post count so didnt even bother asking.

I got 1000 again at some point most likely thanks to Werewolf games since I post on FoFC much less these days than back in the earlier days.. but as people know lost that when these threads were moved to this forum.

So this is the third time

Makes me want to find a thread of mine that you posted in a delete it.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #736
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just got back and getting caught up even though there isn't much action. I am a little confused about the hoops path exchange?

If there was someone out at night and you know who that person is why hold back?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #737
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just got back and getting caught up even though there isn't much action. I am a little confused about the hoops path exchange?

If there was someone out at night and you know who that person is why hold back?

It was not a player that visited me. It was someone sent by a player, but I do not know who.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #738
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good morning ladies. i'm awake and around more or less now.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #739
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm about to hit study mode before a final exam tonight, and I don't know how much I'll be around before lynch time. I'm going to put out a vote for someone who hasn't been overly vocal to see if we can learn something. I have no strong justification for this vote.

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 12-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #740
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Y'all really need to stop posting so much, its hard to read 5+ pages and then write something intellectual and insightful that hasn't been said.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #741
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanks Brian. you won't learn anything from me, and (at least in my opinion) I have been fairly vocal.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #742
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Second, why are there so many fights in this game already? Its day 2 and people are already at each other's throats. And Cheif, I was a bad guy last game and I am not mad at you. That being said, you should sleep a lot better now.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #743
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Also, everytime I have been a bad guy in a game with Alant, (3 times i think) me and the rest of the wolves decided to keep him around longer because he usually steers people the wrong way. In almost every game I've played with Alant he has been around for more than a couple of days, which makes me think maybe an newbie is a wolf here. OR somebody very ballsy and lucky.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #744
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

The reason I voted for Fouts is because I didn't like him saying 'I wont be in a duel today" I wanted to make sure he was put in the position to duel, and to see what he did. He is in my COT now and I wont be voting for him today, but I think it is silly to go after the three people alive that voted for him.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #745
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So are you saying you were visited by a hooker for some one-on-one time last night hoops and path? seems to be what you're both implying...intresting.

FWIW, although we've moved past this, neither Jon nor Fouts seems suspicious to me. Their exchange reads like two good-guys who are just circling around each other poking and prodding but both on the same time.

I would be suspicious of BrianD for voting for me, but as he said he has no real justification so I can't blame him for that. He gets a pass from me.

Can't believe we lost Alan early AND he was our seer. Evil got very lucky with that strike, although I don't believe it's Fouts...like everyone else the frameup there just seems too obvious.

Izulde...well...he did make himself a target I suppose with his marksman comments. If I were a musketeer I think I'd want to get rid of someone like that with a professed skill that would be useful in duels in order to level out that game mechanic a bit? Make sense?

As for who I'm suspicious of right now...I need more discussion and thought in order to figure that out. I should be around on-and-off till lynch (no work today) so I will have plenty of time to be more active.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #746
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI...the hooker-thing was a JtR game joke guys, not a serious thought. I know enough to know what you guys were poking at.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #747
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

After reading 5+ pages today the person who stood out the most to me as being suspicious is BrianD. He has an uncanny ability to say a lot, but still be under the radar as far as voting goes. When I was a wolf and he was a good guy I didn't kill him and it ended up biting us in the butt. And when he is a wolf and we are good guys he stays under our radar and he stays in the game for quiet some time. I dont plan on voting for him now but I might later.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #748
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
It was not a player that visited me. It was someone sent by a player, but I do not know who.

Ditto - if there was a player that I could clear I would try to do so without putting them in harms way. I don't have the ability to do that because my visitor was not announced as a player in the game.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #749
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so are/were your visitors manservants guys, or soemthing else?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #750
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
For those who have not read "Three Muskateers" I would highly recommend picking it up and the "Count of Monte Cristo".

For those familiar with those works, is there anything else by Dumas that is worth reading? Based on the Wikipedia entry it sounds like there are two other books feature D'Artagnan ...

the Three Musketeers as we know it is actually the first part of a Trilogy called the D'Artagnan Romances...the set i have is actually 7 volumes...the first two books are the story of the Three Musketeers that we all know...

the second 2, called Twenty Years After, and the last 3, called Vicomte de Bragelonne, are a continuation of the story of the 4 main characters, each one 20 years in the future from the previous...

the Vicomte de Bragleonne is at least somewhat familiar to most people, as it contains within it, the story of 'The Man in the Iron Mask', however, there is alot more too the actual book that that story.

the plot of each is unique but similar, in that you are always waiting for the next twist or turn to completely throw off what you were expecting to happen. if you are able to find them, i highly recommend both of them...i think 20 Years After, and the complete Vicomte de Bragelonne are out of print and rather rare, as i had very hard time finding them when i got mine (my girlfriend, who is now my wife, got them for me at a used book store...the inside cover of one has a handwritten note from a woman to her husband saying they were a christmas present....in 1927 )
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote