Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #751
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Also, everytime I have been a bad guy in a game with Alant, (3 times i think) me and the rest of the wolves decided to keep him around longer because he usually steers people the wrong way.

Take THAT, Alan!
Old 12-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #752
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Take THAT, Alan!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #753
Blade6119
Coordinator

See alan, it works. You play this way enough and they tend to leave you alone on the expectation you will lead the village down the wrong road. Very soon no one will kill you, trust me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #754
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe LSG is onto something here. Maybe AlanT was actually on track with something so they killed him.

I'mm gonna review his posts.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #755
Blade6119
Coordinator

I tend to believe path and hoops with the knowledge i have. If they had claimed it was another player i wouldnt, but what they claimed sits well with me.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #756
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
After reading 5+ pages today the person who stood out the most to me as being suspicious is BrianD. He has an uncanny ability to say a lot, but still be under the radar as far as voting goes. When I was a wolf and he was a good guy I didn't kill him and it ended up biting us in the butt. And when he is a wolf and we are good guys he stays under our radar and he stays in the game for quiet some time. I dont plan on voting for him now but I might later.

Interesting, I think there may have been a compliment in there somewhere.

What has been the result when we are both good? I'm sure that must have happened at some point. If you are good now, it will happen again here.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #757
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I should probably also mention that I wasn't necessarily voting for DT because he has been quiet, but more because I hadn't gotten a feel for him either way yet. I tend to not remember who has said much and who has said little, but I do try to note impressions I have, and I didn't have one of him yet.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #758
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I should probably also mention that I wasn't necessarily voting for DT because he has been quiet, but more because I hadn't gotten a feel for him either way yet. I tend to not remember who has said much and who has said little, but I do try to note impressions I have, and I didn't have one of him yet.

well it is just Day 2 Brian.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #759
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and i find it hard in these bigger games still to keep track of people and keep stuff straight.

i might go with a repeat of my vote for ntndeacon (i did end up voting for him right?) He still hasn't brought much to the table, or even responded to the fact he was in 3rd place at lynch I believe.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #760
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Most noticeably I was surprised to see hoops be the first to suggest it.
I wouldnt worry about hoops
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #761
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I wouldnt worry about hoops

Huh?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #762
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Huh?
I said to not worry about hoopsguy, what did you not understand?
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #763
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I said to not worry about hoopsguy, what did you not understand?

I am so going to throw dead yaks at you.

Any particular reason? Or are you just feeling overly enigmatic today?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #764
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Any particular reason?
I know this will seem sketch, but for the time being im only going to answer yes. Id prefer to not elaborate for the time being, sorry. Barkeep and the rest of you have what i wanted you to have in case something happens
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #765
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well it is just Day 2 Brian.

I know. My list of people that I don't have a read on is pretty large. I'm not going to campaign against you or anything, I'm just hoping to get a read from you or from some others.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #766
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know. My list of people that I don't have a read on is pretty large. I'm not going to campaign against you or anything, I'm just hoping to get a read from you or from some others.

ah okay.

well, tyrith already cast one vote, so i'm going to join him in putting a little pressure on someone who several of us put pressure on yesterday and got no real reaction.

my vote is quite subject to change though and i have no basis besides as tyrith said, him voting for a confirmed good and wanting to put on a lil pressure

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 12-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #767
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know this will seem sketch, but for the time being im only going to answer yes. Id prefer to not elaborate for the time being, sorry. Barkeep and the rest of you have what i wanted you to have in case something happens

I love comments like these. Either you know something and are trying to be subtle, or you see Hoops and Path gaining trust with their conversation and you are trying to jump into that. I think you are pretty unique in being able to put yourself in both extremes of the trust spectrum at the same time.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #768
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Anyone else have any knowledge from last night other than Blade, hoops, and path? There's got to be more night action than that.

The only thing I do at night is sit in my room and marvel at how wonderful and lucky I am to be French.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #769
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I love comments like these. Either you know something and are trying to be subtle, or you see Hoops and Path gaining trust with their conversation and you are trying to jump into that. I think you are pretty unique in being able to put yourself in both extremes of the trust spectrum at the same time.

Heh. I was wondering much the same about Blade's comments. I have no knowledge of him one way or the other.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #770
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm perplexed that the only night actions seem to revolve around the same type of activity, when I assumed my event would be a one-off.

If there isn't more information forthcoming, then I guess I'll try to discern some direction from the vote yesterday. But it is going to be only a little bit less random than my vote yesterday, which went on the now-cleared marksman.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #771
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I have absolutely no knowledge of path, or about the actions hoops and path took last night. My knowledge is independent of those events, and hoopsguy's involvement in both is purely coincidental
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #772
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Anyone else have any knowledge from last night other than Blade, hoops, and path? There's got to be more night action than that.

The only thing I do at night is sit in my room and marvel at how wonderful and lucky I am to be French.

I agree that it doesn't seem like enough night actions, but maybe they haven't proved informative yet. I wouldn't want to see people announcing their night actions if they haven't gotten anything good from them yet.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #773
path12
Coordinator

So it appears that the receipt of the poisoned wine with Fouts' name is being totally discounted as a red herring? Anyone think differently?

I don't distrust him ATM, but I'm not sure we should just throw that piece of information away.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #774
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

A couple of questions I have when thinking about the "visitors" for hoops and path last night:

- I'm assuming our barracks is guarded, so how did they get in? Were they snuck in, or did they have the blessing of someone higher up? (I'm not accusing anyone, I'm more or less thinking out loud)

- Was their mission to keep hoops and path from interfering with the murders of Alan and Izulde, or were they sent to protect them (sort of like bizzarro bodyguards)?

These couple be pointless questions, but it's what's running through my mind at the moment. I'm curious to see if this was a one time event, or if it will be happening again tonight.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #775
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So it appears that the receipt of the poisoned wine with Fouts' name is being totally discounted as a red herring? Anyone think differently?

I don't distrust him ATM, but I'm not sure we should just throw that piece of information away.

I'm not ignoring it, but I'm not giving it much stock, either. It feels a little too obvious to me. Throw in the murder of Izulde and it seems like overkill on a set-up job.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #776
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
A couple of questions I have when thinking about the "visitors" for hoops and path last night:

- I'm assuming our barracks is guarded, so how did they get in? Were they snuck in, or did they have the blessing of someone higher up? (I'm not accusing anyone, I'm more or less thinking out loud)

- Was their mission to keep hoops and path from interfering with the murders of Alan and Izulde, or were they sent to protect them (sort of like bizzarro bodyguards)?

These couple be pointless questions, but it's what's running through my mind at the moment. I'm curious to see if this was a one time event, or if it will be happening again tonight.

I could answer both of those from my standpoint, but I don't think it serves any good. We might be able to use that information later to prove/disprove claims.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #777
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This was my first concern this morning, when I learned that Alan was dead. With him having the "Investigator" role I didn't think it made sense that the mission was to act as the "seer". I didn't think bodyguard - as you mentioned, that would be "bizarro". So I was wondering what kind of good guy role would have the ability to arrange this encounter?

Yet there were two kills last night, so how many night actions do the Muskateers get? And were the visits coordinated by the same person or by two different individuals?

At some point I expect this to start making sense. But right now this isn't any clearer to me than when I got the PM this morning.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #778
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I have a servant that does my bidding...i find it likely the visitors they had were servents of other players.

There are other things i could tell you about my servant, but thats for another time when its more needed.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #779
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have a servant that does my bidding...i find it likely the visitors they had were servents of other players.

There are other things i could tell you about my servant, but thats for another time when its more needed.

I thought all the servants were men. Of course, this is France.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #780
Blade6119
Coordinator

I dont think they hooked up with the servants that came to them. I dont recall them claiming that, and if they did i find it likely its a cover for what really happened.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #781
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
M Grenier calls you to attention and says that st.cronin will not be among us today. He took his bible to the chapel and will be back at the end of the day. M. Grenier says that any votes for st.cronin will not be counted and since he will not be among us, M. st.cronin will not vote either.

Does this also imply that Cronin can not participate in conversation? Because if he is around and can talk I would like him to play a part of the conversation.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #782
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Does this also imply that Cronin can not participate in conversation? Because if he is around and can talk I would like him to play a part of the conversation.

i don't know either. i'd like a ruling on that.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #783
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Yet there were two kills last night, so how many night actions do the Muskateers get? And were the visits coordinated by the same person or by two different individuals?

If there are three musketeers and each gets a night action, this adds up. But if what path was saying about Alan dying even if the poison didn't get him, sounds like there could be four wolves out there.

How about this: one musketeer kills Izulde, one poisons Alan, and the third is a backup against Alan in case the poison doesn't work. If this is true, where do the visitors come in? If they were sent from a baddie, it could be a musketeer sympathizer. The person that can become the fourth musketeer.

Do I sound off base here?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #784
Blade6119
Coordinator

I think the poison was a cardinals guard assasin who just screwed up. Or fouts himself had a one time assasin role as well.

Izulde was the muskateers i believe, and the back-up night action on alan was likely another cardinals guard(not to kill though, i suspect).

So that would be 1 kill by the muskateers, 1 by fouts or a cardinals guard, and one night action by some other guard. Its works in my head.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #785
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I dont think they hooked up with the servants that came to them. I dont recall them claiming that, and if they did i find it likely its a cover for what really happened.

I got the impression that some nookie took place, especially with the locked doors and ungentlemanly actions and all that.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #786
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got the impression that some nookie took place, especially with the locked doors and ungentlemanly actions and all that.

ditto.

so blade, you think we have an assassin role on our side and he screwed up? hopefully that wasn't his one-kill (i don't know how those roles work...do they normally get a kill every night, or every other night, or what?) that'd be a huge help to us, although it was a curious person to target that first night.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #787
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Is it possible that there are 3 musketeers and they all kill in a different way? That would be a nice bit of flavor.

I'm not discounting the idea of a botched assassination attempt with the poison, but I'm not sure I love that idea either. Fouts really didn't have a good reason to look at him last night, and Alan hinted about an important role. I'd hate to think our assassin (who may only get one attempt) used it on night 1 with flimsy information like that.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #788
Tyrith
College Starter

Unless we have a multiple kill assassin, the night one thing seems a little too crazy for me to believe. I'm more inclined to think they might get multiple kills.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #789
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
ditto.

so blade, you think we have an assassin role on our side and he screwed up? hopefully that wasn't his one-kill (i don't know how those roles work...do they normally get a kill every night, or every other night, or what?) that'd be a huge help to us, although it was a curious person to target that first night.

The musketeers seem to be pretty brutal in their killings(slitting his throat is brutal to me). Poisoning the wine doesnt seem quite as brutal..so i assume it wasnt the same faction.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #790
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The musketeers seem to be pretty brutal in their killings(slitting his throat is brutal to me). Poisoning the wine doesnt seem quite as brutal..so i assume it wasnt the same faction.

unless they get multiple kills of different flavors?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #791
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Do we need to talk about a possible third faction? Are there some politics going on that we need to know about?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #792
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Fouts really didn't have a good reason to look at him last night,

Fouts said he had two suspects, chief and alan...he killed chief, and then he sent congratulatory wine to alan that someone managed to get their hands on and poison before it went to alan? That makes sense to you?

I dont think fouts is bad, but id like someone to explain a story that makes more sense then fouts killed his other top suspect last night with the wine he purchased and gave to alan. Why send wine to, after chiefs death, your top suspect?
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #793
path12
Coordinator

Only marginally better than a day 1 guess, but until I get something else to go on I'm going with my theory of a Musketeer in the Fouts voting yesterday, so:

VOTE SNDVLS
Old 12-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #794
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fouts said he had two suspects, chief and alan...he killed chief, and then he sent congratulatory wine to alan that someone managed to get their hands on and poison before it went to alan? That makes sense to you?

I dont think fouts is bad, but id like someone to explain a story that makes more sense then fouts killed his other top suspect last night with the wine he purchased and gave to alan. Why send wine to, after chiefs death, your top suspect?

interesting. plausible, although it'd be a clumsy play by fouts. but perhaps he wasn't told of the fact that he'd be discovered via the note, or else that was a "die-roll" type event.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #795
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
unless they get multiple kills of different flavors?
Possible, but the question then becomes game balance. I know we a have more then normal amount of special roles this game, but 3 kills a night would imply almost every good guy must have some power.
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #796
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Do we need to talk about a possible third faction? Are there some politics going on that we need to know about?

I don't think there's a third faction, but I do think there may be guards with their own agendas.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #797
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't think there's a third faction, but I do think there may be guards with their own agendas.

like they can advance to fouts role?
I like to see what St. C does/finds out on his sabitacol (sp?) today too, so long as it doesn't hurt us or him giving the info.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #798
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Fouts suspected CR and Alan because they voted for him and wouldn't move off of him. It was the old "I know I'm good, so you must be bad if you vote for me" logic which really annoys me. Alan hinted at the important role, so Fouts killed CR. Even if he could kill someone else (a Duke AND an assassin?), I seriously doubt he'd go after Alan right after threatening to kill him.

It makes more sense to me that the musketeers took Alan's hint of being important and killed him with a forged receipt. If we had found the receipt due to the actions of a detective-type player, I'd believe that maybe Fouts did it. Since we found it as part of a normal write-up, I can't believe he killed Alan.

Heck, the musketeers could have planted that receipt not so much to frame Fouts, but to thank him for getting our seer to identify having an important role.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #799
Blade6119
Coordinator

I never saw alan's hints, so if you can go back and point them out id appreciate it. I saw cronin and fouts hint, but never alan. I remember alan even saying so much for trying to make the wolves think i didnt have a role. Please, if you would, quote the hints for me. If he was hinting, ill drop this argument
Demotivation
Old 12-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #800
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Heck, the musketeers could have planted that receipt not so much to frame Fouts, but to thank him for getting our seer to identify having an important role.

Brian, can you reference the post where you think Alan gave himself up? Because I did not conclude Day 1 thinking to myself, "Wow, Alan totally gave out damaging info about his role". But clearly you saw something and there must have been enough out there for the Muskateers to see as well. So I guess I'm feeling dumb about missing this ...