Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #1151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW I talked to Hoops 4 days ago and he went 3/3 on nailing the wolves. It was creepy.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #1152
Autumn
Head Coach

I think you get it exactly right above, KWhit. I was definitely thrown by the day one vote. It seemed like enough of a surprise that I didn't expect the wolves to have orchestrated it. I felt like it was a really lucky break and put a lot of weight on those votes. It makes sense now, knowing that you had the warlock stuck there. You guys made a brilliant move to sacrifice him so early because I totally discounted you, for example, from being a wolf based on the timing of your vote there. Especially with him being the cunning.

And then the warlock thing. I think it often turns out that what should be a weakness for the wolves turns into a great distraction. I certainly wish I had not aided in pushing for those attempts to out the warlock. It's important to remember that as a villager, ignore all distractions.

I was bummed about the resurrection not really helping, but that was just a bad break, having them get the seer fairly early. Oh well.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #1153
Danny
Head Coach

The village did not play well at all, but definitely a nice game by the wolves.

As bad as it sounds for me, this game is a great example of why the wolves kill people like Hoopsguy and myself so early in game. I think the village needs some leadership/activity from it's members that it lacked a bit this game. I am guessing this is why Hoops gussed Kwhit and PB, both are players capable of leadership and activity, but neither stepped up at all which makes sense since they were wolves.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #1154
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I played terrible in my role as a seer. I think I defended EF a bit too much, and the wolves picked up on that.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #1155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am guessing this is why Hoops gussed Kwhit and PB, both are players capable of leadership and activity, but neither stepped up at all which makes sense since they were wolves.

Pretty much his exact words
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #1156
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I still can't believe that every freaking wolf, including the warlock, voted the cunning on day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
FWIW I talked to Hoops 4 days ago and he went 3/3 on nailing the wolves. It was creepy.

It helped that I was only passively following the game, so I was not fixating on the Day 1 votes. Instead, I just thought that the posting by each of the wolves was inconsistent with how I perceive them to play as villagers.

My takeaway from this is that we're all getting better at manipulating voting records as a wolf. It used to only be a small subset of guys that pulled that stuff, but it is pervasive now.

When I looked at the voting and realized that ALL the wolves were on the cunning D1 I knew that the village was going to get hosed. I've talked about pulling a gambit with all wolves voting together early as a way to manipulate vote analysis later, but never had the cayones to actually pull the trigger and do it. It was cool to see.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #1157
J23
College Benchwarmer

I did post thoughts along those lines as well about both of them. Of course by that point, people were too fixated on me as a wolf so noone would have listened.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #1158
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Two things won the game for us:

1) All of us voting for DV on day one. We wouldn't have, but Martin inexplicably put an early vote on him and couldn't move it. So PB and I took a chance early enough to avoid a pile on suspicious vote and ran with it.

2) The warlock craziness. I thought MartinD would be outed very early. You wouldn't believe how hard I was laughing when the chaos erupted at deadline two different times. What I thought was a severe drawback (a wolf who could be outed) turned into a huge benefit as villagers cannibalized each other. That was great!

I thought that I would end up having a pretty short game when I was given the warlock role, as there's no way that I can be around for evening deadlines - was fully expecting to be found out on Day 2 (with the mass tie idea - simple idea, as it would have revealed me as the warlock, and not participating looked very suspicious), and lynched on Day 3. RealDeal refusing to go along with the plan gave me an opportunity to cause a little bit of chaos (with the 'accidental' forgetting to unvote), which ended up working a lot better than I had any right to expect.

The Day 1 vote for DV was mostly based on the situation at the time - didn't want to vote for dubb (who was a couple of votes ahead at the time), and DV was the next best option if I didn't want to introduce a new candidate. I did have a thought at the back of my mind that a wolf voting for the cunning on Day 1 might end up being useful further down the line (either because it puts the cunning into the spotlight and makes it more likely that they're scanned, or because it makes me (as a wolf) look better if the cunning is lynched) - didn't expect PB or KWhit to pile on, or that this would end up making a difference further down the line.

Lathum: Thanks for running the game - was a lot of fun.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #1159
RealDeal
High School Varsity

My big idea is the seer needs to start posting the results of their scan every night in code. Now you will say, but won't that give away the seer? Not if all the villagers make a "code" post every day also. If done properly, the wolves won't know which one is the seer from the code post, but once the villagers know who the seer is, they can go back and try to figure out the scan results from the seer's post.

Would take some work, but wolves are getting savier and the villagers will need to catch up.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #1160
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So how does a lowly villager know which code post is the seer without talking about it in the open?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #1161
RealDeal
High School Varsity

You don't while the seer is alive. The point is that it is an insurance policy for a situation in which the seer has done 4 scans and then gets wolf killed before being able to tell anyone.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #1162
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's exactly the kind of thing I liked to do when I was a wolf. I want to eliminate the talkers and have as many quiet days as possible.

As for the wolves on DV...doesn't surprise me. That's the move dubb and I made in probably my last game as a wolf.

Kwhit and martind had eluded me, and I was fixated on spleen too much...but I felt when martin came out with the super elaborate post projecting j23 as the warlock, that it had to be martin at that point. PB, I had an inkling about, but I had bigger fish to go after.

Next time I know better.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #1163
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
You don't while the seer is alive. The point is that it is an insurance policy for a situation in which the seer has done 4 scans and then gets wolf killed before being able to tell anyone.

ah i get it so everyone tells their "scans" and who is cleared and when the seer is revealed by death you get the info.
Well yeah everyone has to KNOW to do this going in.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #1164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Not to mention go along with it....yeah we all know how willingly villagers are at going along with plans.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #1165
KWhit
Coordinator

And, it will really help the wolves narrow down the list of suspects as to who the seer is. They know not to kill anyone who posts that one of them is a villager.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #1166
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Yeah!!!!! awesome play from my teamates

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #1167
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
The person pinging me the most right now is actually PurdueBrad though.

From day 1, is the reason i was killed?
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #1168
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
From day 1, is the reason i was killed?

No, you were killed because you and EF both are good at reading me.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #1169
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And, it will really help the wolves narrow down the list of suspects as to who the seer is. They know not to kill anyone who posts that one of them is a villager.

Which is why everyone would make coded posts and not just say "I scanned x and he was clear". If the seer dies, we go back to his coded posts to try to break the code. It obviously would take some art to do properly, but it wouldn't require complete villager participation.