Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #1351
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I do agree with what you're saying re: reveals Autumn. We got lucky to remove a neutral traitor role and the role that could scan+kill Connie Corleone with two of the first three wolves removed as it took some sting out of a mass reveal.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #1352
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I did have Autumn pinned as a wolf before D2 ended I believe, I was proud when that was solidified.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #1353
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, I really didn't think Luca would make a kill. First off, he doesn't get to protect anyone if he does it, and even if he does hit a wolf, there's a good chance he'll die from it?

I thought of protecting Danny again but at that point I didn't trust Danny because he was so silent day 1. And of course the whole village was at my throat so I had no reason to protect anyone. Would have just wasted the night.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #1354
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh wow, I had no idea. That could have been an advantage.

We made some bad decisions along the way that really hindered us. Not having a good guess as to who was the seer or bodyguard led to some bad night kill choices. We had the horsehead at one point and could have gotten lucky there. My plan was to have Martin reveal as Connie before Connie revealed, and have myself reveal as Phillip, with the hope of getting the real Connie lynched, me lynched, and EF trusted. It could have gotten him to last a while I think, and if we'd gotten the seer, given us a pretty good run. You guys got right on him though before we could do that.

After EF made his little post to you about not wanting to say, I figured if Jeff didn't come back as a wolf that he would definitely be one, otherwise I figured he was Connie or the seer. When Jeff came back as Connie's husband, I was pretty sure EF was Connie and just got lucky with Darth. Pretty funny in retrospect, almost my whole trust list got turned upside-down after bhlloy and Zinto's reveals.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #1355
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You know what's funny? After you got the block D3, I was going to post in thread something like, "A wolf kill and a block, I need to buy Luca a drink after this game.". And that was before I even knew you had saved me with the block.

Good game village, a very good team effort. BTW Tyke, I'm impressed you were able to talk yourself out of lynched D1 + D2. bhlloy, I had no idea you were the seer. You new guys are pretty darn good.

Well it was fun when you were posting clues that you had figured it out. Not sure WHEN you figured it out but loved the "CF you are a lucky bastard" comment. I laughed.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #1356
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
After EF made his little post to you about not wanting to say, I figured if Jeff didn't come back as a wolf that he would definitely be one, otherwise I figured he was Connie or the seer. When Jeff came back as Connie's husband, I was pretty sure EF was Connie and just got lucky with Darth. Pretty funny in retrospect, almost my whole trust list got turned upside-down after bhlloy and Zinto's reveals.

Yeah everyone revealed at the perfect time really. Even Narcizo. bhlloy's info on tyke and Jackal was megavaluable.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #1357
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Fixed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
fixed

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
Here's where we are.

Good guys

Vito "Don" Corleone -- Narcizo
Luca Brasi -- CrimsonFox
Michael Corleone -- mauboy
Tom Hagen -- bhlloy
Connie Corleone -- Zinto

Kay Adams -- Chief Rum
Salvatore Tessio -- Danny
Fredo Corleone -- j23
Peter Clemenza -- The Jackal
Johnny Fontane -- JAG
Jack Woltz -- saldana
Moe Greene -- tyketime
Appollonia Vitelli -- mckerney

Traitors

Victor "The Turk" Sollozzo -- Autumn
Captain McCluskey -- DV
Emilio Barzini -- MartinD
Carlo Rizzi -- Jeff061

(extra) Phillip Tattaglia -- EagleFan
(extra) Sonny Corleone -- Lathum

Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #1358
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Well it was fun when you were posting clues that you had figured it out. Not sure WHEN you figured it out but loved the "CF you are a lucky bastard" comment. I laughed.

It was 30 minutes to deadline the day before when I said "I think I know CF's role" I was hoping you'd post a vague comment about who you protected D3 because if it wasn't EF I was going to vote him. I alluded to that when I responded to your "speculation" that I might've been protected.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #1359
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Personally my only complaint is that i don't think it works to have games where everyone has a role, not if some of the roles are definitely bad. I was a wolf in the 24 game, I think the last game that did that. I had a scheme here to at least buy us some kills with fake reveals, but I think it makes it too easy for the village.

I agree that being able to reveal like we did made it a bit unbalanced in favor of the villagers, kind of how I felt about the money info being out there in the Vegas game.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #1360
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'd be pretty amazed if 2 of the people voting on you were wolves honestly.

There were 19 total players. I'd guess 4 or 5 wolves? You're saying you're confident that 40% or 50% of the wolves decided to put a vote on you this early? Seriously?

See J23? There WERE 2 wolves on me. They were just from different teams. (Autumn and Lathum)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #1361
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It was 30 minutes to deadline the day before when I said "I think I know CF's role" I was hoping you'd post a vague comment about who you protected D3 because if it wasn't EF I was going to vote him. I alluded to that when I responded to your "speculation" that I might've been protected.

Yeah that's why I "speculated" instead of "said it" Before then I didn't want to reveal anything. I still had a little doubt about me which is where I like to be. Wolves usually don't kill people that others think are suspects. Granted my rants day 2 were real rants but they always seem to have that bonus effect of the wolves leaving me alone.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #1362
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I agree that being able to reveal like we did made it a bit unbalanced in favor of the villagers, kind of how I felt about the money info being out there in the Vegas game.

yeah the money info thing really hurt us as wolves. Luckily tyke figured out the perfect way to lie about that.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #1363
J23
College Benchwarmer

Despite it totally changing the game in the villagers favor, I think the night kill on Lathum was a HUGE tactical risk, and not a smart one. I'm glad it worked out, but I dont think there's any way I do that honestly.

While I think the role reveals certainly made it easier as villagers, having 6 wolves out of 19 players is a pretty high number, even if half can't communicate w/ the other half. I think the game overall was probably pretty well balanced and we just got a couple lucky breaks that we rode comfortably to the finish line.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #1364
J23
College Benchwarmer

BTW Pass, what were the mechanics for the PM rights between Michael & his 2 chicas?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #1365
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It would have been random, but randomness was never needed. Night 1, Danny was protected by Luca, so the other team got the kill. Nights 2 and 3, EagleFan kept getting attacked by the other wolf team, and I was not going to allow wolves to kill each other, so the other team got the kill. Once there were 4 or less wolves, they were going to be combined, and I think that happened by Night 4?

I kind of would have liked to have been the only wolf to be night killed by wolves.

I probably deserved it as I had no time to play and really couldn't get into the game, hence I am way down in posts this game. The deadline was a killer for me, coupled with the big bosses being here all week.

I had no clue that jeff was a wolf. I tried to use mckerney's one post to use as a reason for the vote if pressed. I had no idea that the whole world was goiing to follow me onto Darth and I wasn't around to help prevent it.

I actually didn't like the idea for havng to counter their reveal if they revealed early enough. With my role taking a villager out when killed I figured it would make me a suspect as soon as was noticed that the wolves weren't goiing after me (with the 2 for 1 kill).

I thought that I had a great chance when I saw someone mention that a kill on me was blocked; didn't see that it was just speculation. Martin had told us that they put a kill in on me that night (before we merged as three) and I had hoped that would be my ticket to the end.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #1366
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah that's why I "speculated" instead of "said it" Before then I didn't want to reveal anything. I still had a little doubt about me which is where I like to be. Wolves usually don't kill people that others think are suspects. Granted my rants day 2 were real rants but they always seem to have that bonus effect of the wolves leaving me alone.

Yeah, CF, having gotten a lot of votes saved you. I decided not to target you with a night kill, even though I suspected you had a role, because I didn't want to give away taht voting info.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #1367
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Always does, Autumn. And NOW I understand...now I know why the night kill victim was Narcizo and not Autumn. That kill didn't make any sense to me. Killing Autumn "would have" taken out two villagers IF he were really Philip.
At least I would have thought they would have gone for bhlloy as the second possibility since he revealed, but hitting philip was the "twofer" that should have been the gimme. Cause there was no way I wasn't going to protect the seer. I should have picked up on that.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #1368
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah the money info thing really hurt us as wolves. Luckily tyke figured out the perfect way to lie about that.

I came up with the same kind of plan. I was going to say that I started with either half or a third as much money as everyone else, but got two or three times as much as everyone else if I won a bet and my win condition was to have the most money at the end of the game. Unfortunately Chief ruined that a couple hours before I was going to post it by using the seer on me.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #1369
mckerney
Coordinator

I'd even come up with an explanation of the roll too, something like bad beat gambler. My luck worked to the extreme and although I'd been very unlucky recently my luck could change in a big way if I was just able to get on a win streak or something like that.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #1370
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

One final question. What was the path of the horsehead?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #1371
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW Pass, what were the mechanics for the PM rights between Michael & his 2 chicas?

Each night, starting Night 1, Michael could choose one of them, and he'd be able to PM with that person for the next day.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #1372
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I kind of would have liked to have been the only wolf to be night killed by wolves.

That's happened before -- I know for sure it happened in Chief Rum's cubicle game, might have been some other times, too.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #1373
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
One final question. What was the path of the horsehead?

That's on my spreadsheet at work, which I don't have access to until Monday. Although, the path can probably be traced by the players involved. I know it went from Autumn to MartinD when they were on different wolf teams, but then the teams got together at the same time. And I remember that tyketime had it at the end.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #1374
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah I gave it to tyke as he requested it. I kind of envisioned it being a hot potato and exploding when the game ended. That would be gross.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #1375
bhlloy
Coordinator

I sent the horses head to Danny day 1...

Hell of a fun game and concept Pass. I don't think it was at all unbalanced, if not for CF's insane play on Lathum I think the village would have had a very tough time getting started. I have to admit the concept of two separate groups of wolves who didn't know each other's identity never even crossed my mind for a split second.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #1376
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, you were all content to think the wolves were sitting there drooling, cross-eyed and unable to form a rudimentary thought .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #1377
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I gave it to tyke as he requested it. I kind of envisioned it being a hot potato and exploding when the game ended. That would be gross.

That gives me a great idea for an added game mechanic for some game. An item that gets passed and will go off at random at some point in the game killing the person who has it....

or an item that gets passed from person to person and one player has the role of trigger man and can pull the trigger one time during the game.

I'll have to work that out.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #1378
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
That gives me a great idea for an added game mechanic for some game. An item that gets passed and will go off at random at some point in the game killing the person who has it....

or an item that gets passed from person to person and one player has the role of trigger man and can pull the trigger one time during the game.

Yes you do that Yeah I was thinking of it being a deathhorsehead too. Would be hilarious.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #1379
MartinD
High School Varsity

I knew going into the game that I would have very limited availability on Thursday - was just unfortunate that Thursday/Day 4 ended up being the day when I really needed to be around to give the wolves a fighting chance...

Picking something up from yesterday...
Quote:
As for Martin, come on that should have been obvious. Who ever heard of a goodfella with a british accent? "If you cross me old chap you'll be swimming with the fish and chips..."

Mr. EagleFan, sir - you need to be a bit more careful with your accents. In my part of the world, it would be more like: 'Whit are ye looking at? Lookin' for a bit o' bother? Whit, ye think I'll send ye swimmin' wi' the fishes? I wilnae bother wi' the watter - there's a chippy ower the road, and ye can swim wi' the fishes in there...' (That's the clean version - the real thing would have a lot more swearing!)

(For the average American who may not be familiar with how the UK is made up, one of the easiest ways to insult most Scots is to call them British, or English in particular - it's along the same lines as calling a Canadian an American...)
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #1380
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What? You mean none of you guys saw Mickey Blue Eyes?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #1381
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
I knew going into the game that I would have very limited availability on Thursday - was just unfortunate that Thursday/Day 4 ended up being the day when I really needed to be around to give the wolves a fighting chance...

Picking something up from yesterday...

Mr. EagleFan, sir - you need to be a bit more careful with your accents. In my part of the world, it would be more like: 'Whit are ye looking at? Lookin' for a bit o' bother? Whit, ye think I'll send ye swimmin' wi' the fishes? I wilnae bother wi' the watter - there's a chippy ower the road, and ye can swim wi' the fishes in there...' (That's the clean version - the real thing would have a lot more swearing!)

(For the average American who may not be familiar with how the UK is made up, one of the easiest ways to insult most Scots is to call them British, or English in particular - it's along the same lines as calling a Canadian an American...)

Yeah this SOOO reminds me of Begbie in Trainspotting.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #1382
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah this SOOO reminds me of Begbie in Trainspotting.

That's one of those strange things - I've lived most of my life around 10 miles away from where Trainspotting is set, but I've never seen the film...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1383
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry Martin, I seriously need to read better. I had it in my head that you were from England for some reason.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #1384
Autumn
Head Coach

I just want to take this occasion to remark that I have been playing Werewolf here for a number of years now. My first game was #46, I think, or thereabouts, and while I certianly didn't play in every game since then I've played in a good number of them, easy to think I must have played in 40 or 50 of them. I've been a wolf more times than I can count, it feels like 1/2 of the time, but probably 1/3.

In all those games I have had a villager role 1 1/2 times. I was a sort of backup bodyguard in one game that had special roles. And I was a duke once. That's it. That's ridiculous.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #1385
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I just want to take this occasion to remark that I have been playing Werewolf here for a number of years now. My first game was #46, I think, or thereabouts, and while I certianly didn't play in every game since then I've played in a good number of them, easy to think I must have played in 40 or 50 of them. I've been a wolf more times than I can count, it feels like 1/2 of the time, but probably 1/3.

In all those games I have had a villager role 1 1/2 times. I was a sort of backup bodyguard in one game that had special roles. And I was a duke once. That's it. That's ridiculous.

I've been wolf-villager-duke-villager in my last 4 since a long break. I think my favorite role I had way back was when I was a villager and a mental patient who hated the French and had a win condition of making sure 3 players who I thought were French were dead at the end of the game. Sadly I believe I was killed very early in that one though.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #1386
mckerney
Coordinator

From 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Your name is Pierre Locroix and are patient #089. You are afraid of the French. Ever since you were little there has been something about the French that makes your mind go nuts.

You have a separate winning condition. You actually think that 3 patients are Frenchmen in disguise. You will win if these suspected Frenchmen are dead at the end of the game and you are still alive.

St. Cronin, Anxiety, Lathum are the ones that you suspect are Frenchmen.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #1387
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

You mean, like this:

Inferno Hunter - You used to be a famous scientist, but everything you gained over your long career was destroyed when you were asked to make the inferno device. Originally it was to be used as a defense mechanism, but something went wrong - you lost the ability to control its location while manufacturing it, and it is now unstable. You travel across the lands trying to find it and rectify your mistake. Each day and night you may scan a player to see if they contain the inferno device. If you find it, you will have two choices - deactivate it or activate it.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #1388
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You mean, like this:

Inferno Hunter - You used to be a famous scientist, but everything you gained over your long career was destroyed when you were asked to make the inferno device. Originally it was to be used as a defense mechanism, but something went wrong - you lost the ability to control its location while manufacturing it, and it is now unstable. You travel across the lands trying to find it and rectify your mistake. Each day and night you may scan a player to see if they contain the inferno device. If you find it, you will have two choices - deactivate it or activate it.

Sounds about right, what game was that from?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #1389
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sounds about right, what game was that from?

Labyrinth I and II I believe, definitely II at least.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #1390
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

By the way, JAG, you owe me this:

white russian.jpg

Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #1391
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Labyrinth I and II I believe, definitely II at least.

Yeah, the Labyrinth games. The inferno device is probably my favorite mechanism that I've employed.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #1392
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Very fun concept for the game that will teach me for having preconceptions. Like you realise though Pass the game kinda died after day three because everyone could just reveal, I think it would have been better with more scope to fake reveal for the wolves. So it probably didn't work out quite how you planned but it was fun while it lasted.

At least I picked out Martin D and EagleFan as likely wolves, I just happened to zero in on the non-wolf in the three I picked. I think CrimsonFox saved the village pretty much - no doubt there'll be a spate of villager on villager night kills to follow
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote