Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #651
Autumn
Head Coach

You're welcome, JAG. Though I've now determined that any games I run from here on our are going to be designed to be much tougher for the village. I've noticed over hte last half dozen games in particular that our villagers have gotten so good at sniffing out wolves, it's hardly fair. I think you guys could do without a seer at all.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, I made it through a whole game!

Thanks Autumn, was nice to have a light game.

Please tell me what happened N1
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #653
mckerney
Coordinator

Hooray!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #654
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Please tell me what happened N1

Yes, I'm curious what happened with the night kill night one that lead to me getting killed night 2.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #655
Autumn
Head Coach

The wolves just forgot to send in a kill order guys, lol
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #656
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The wolves just forgot to send in a kill order guys, lol

Ah, that makes sense.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #657
Autumn
Head Coach

I find half the time, it works out for the wolves to forget an order, since the village always assumes something more complicated, but in this case it didn't help them.

Tough luck by the wolves with that and then two bodyguard blocks. And unfortunately for them, Danny caught a wolf early before the Traitor could cause any real ruckus.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #658
bhlloy
Coordinator

Haha funny about N1, but I think I did pretty OK to get 2 blocks in. Both times I was thinking about double bluffing and going away from the obvious choice (Danny after his seer reveal and myself after my BG reveal) but glad I stuck with it otherwise I do not think I would have been very popular
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #659
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Hurrah. Good job seer and BG. And I even got to take one of Jackal's daughters...

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #660
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good job guys. Next time listen to me! (except JAG, he knew what was up)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so wait, was Mau the cultist?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #662
Autumn
Head Coach

Jackal, you showed some impressive wolf-sniffing skills!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #663
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, yes, he was.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #664
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I thin Jag did some really great work this game.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #665
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Great game guys! Very nice write-ups, Autumn. Was fun to read along.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #666
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

you bastards!

sorry, wolves.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #667
bhlloy
Coordinator

least.... surprising.... reveal.... ever
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #668
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #669
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

JAG was terrific in this game. Way to go, JAG.

Thanks for running this, Autumn!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #670
Danny
Head Coach

Good job villagers! I was scanning Saldana the night I got killed, but you didn't need the scan anyway. And night two I told Autumn I was deciding between J23, Barkeep and Mauboy, so good to know all my hunches were right
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #671
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well it was a good game for the villagers no doubt. My reads this game were pretty good. I thought mckerny had a role, but I also pegged mau as the cultist, thanks to the post that ultimately did us in, and I latched onto Danny as seer the day before he found J23, but too late to have time to make the case to my fellow wolves. Really my lack of consistent time hindered my ability to fully enjoy the game, which was too bad.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #672
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Well it was a good game for the villagers no doubt. My reads this game were pretty good. I thought mckerny had a role, but I also pegged mau as the cultist, thanks to the post that ultimately did us in, and I latched onto Danny as seer the day before he found J23, but too late to have time to make the case to my fellow wolves. Really my lack of consistent time hindered my ability to fully enjoy the game, which was too bad.

Your game was over long before my post came to light by JAG. Danny and others had both you and saldana in hot water early on. It was my post that only further proved you were dead meat. There was zero chance for you guys once Saldana was on the outs as it was you and CR only left.

Last edited by mauchow : 03-30-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #673
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Good game. Thanks for running it Autumn.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #674
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

I'm impressed you had Danny figured out, that one came as a surprise to me. Sure would've been a different game if he goes down N2. Did you guys discuss the N1 kill at all? I can see how it would've been missed as it seemed like you three were pretty busy for a lot of the game.

I was sweating that D5 deadline when the vote was tied and Lathum and dward came out saying they didn't trust me. I was sure Lathum was going to switch then and we were going to blow it.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #675
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
And night two I told Autumn I was deciding between J23, Barkeep and Mauboy, so good to know all my hunches were right

For the record, your reasoning for suspecting me this game were off. While the game with you as a wolf I was purposefully staying under the radar, that happened this game simply by coincidence. I probably should have sat out the game given that my bday was right in the middle of the week, but I expected the game to have started earlier than it did, so thought I might have time early on at the very least.

Thanks for running it Autumn, and sorrry it wasn't more competitive.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #676
Autumn
Head Coach

In the games lately it seems the wolves have to put in double overtime to keep up with the villagers, we've just had some great analysis by villagers lately. If the wolves can't keep up with that, they're done. The village has really raised the bar, I think.

The worries people had about Danny being the Traitor were smart, though, I thought. There was a real chance of the traitor finding the seer early and pulling that kind of move, which would have really changed the game.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #677
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, you showed some impressive wolf-sniffing skills!

Thanks, glad I was at least on target and not just a crazy beer guzzling villager. Fun game!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #678
Zinto
College Starter

Interesting game to follow along with, thanks for running it Autumn.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #679
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well at least Danny Rum and Lathum had a game to themselves. Danny, I have no idea how to read you. YOu're just weird. (Then again I should talk...)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #680
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Was curious if anybody was going to catch the fact that I put a period after J23, BK and Sal on the list I liked... I obviously came on way too strong as the cultist and will need to tone that down if I ever get that role again. Still learning. Still learning.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #681
Autumn
Head Coach

That was a bit dangerous there Mauboy ;-) I don't think anyone noticed that, I find in general when I try to leave subtle clues like that they get missed.

Frankly, I think the best thing to do with the cultist role is just try to blow shit up. The more confusion you can cause and time you can waste for the village the better. It's great if you get lynched, even better if it takes them several days to clear things up.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #682
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Was curious if anybody was going to catch the fact that I put a period after J23, BK and Sal on the list I liked.

I just assumed you posted from an iphone
Old 03-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #683
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I wouldn't feel that bad mau. Jackal and I already had Saldana and BK in our sights a day before I worked out that you could be the cultist. Yes that post was the cherry on the sundae, but at the time you made the post I didn't notice anything. I didn't even remember it when I saw it after going back to review your posts.

I was thinking after I reviewed stuff that a cultist with these rules would be a tough role to play. Somehow signal the wolves so they don't NK you by accident but in such a way as not to give anything away to the village. I tried to think of how I would try to do it and didn't come up with any great ideas.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #684
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Frankly, I think the best thing to do with the cultist role is just try to blow shit up. The more confusion you can cause and time you can waste for the village the better. It's great if you get lynched, even better if it takes them several days to clear things up.

I would strongly agree with this. The line between trying to put enough in the thread to help the wolves out and putting so much out there that you are putting them in danger or even losing the game for them is so small that I don't know where it is. The alternative is just to screw things up. Claim a role and kill a couple of days of voting history, or force a reveal way sooner than would otherwise be wise. Fake out yourself as a wolf and ruin a whole day for the village. IMO there's very little value in the cultist trying to play as a villager, because they just can't influence things without putting clues out there as to who the wolves are.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #685
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Was curious if anybody was going to catch the fact that I put a period after J23, BK and Sal on the list I liked...

Ha, nice. Next time I do a post review, I will do a better job of scrutinizing each character.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #686
Autumn
Head Coach

Our work here is done, JAG won't be able to catch wolves any more he'll be so busy.