Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #201
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'll explain where I am coming from here, and I'll go ahead and reveal because with this small of a game I think there is value in it at this point.

I am the seer. I chose to scan Saldana last night.. I expected a response of he is a wolf, or he is not a wolf... my response came back very oddly to me.. The response was that I saw Saldana sleeping all night. I PM'd Lathum back asking what did this message mean, it sounded like I was more of a witness role than a seer role, and he said that he apologized for the vagueness, but in most cases if I view a wolf, it would show up as either wolf or villager...

Lathum's response was vague enough and with the way the PM read I asked him if someone was slept by the hypnotist if it would block my scan, and he said that he could not answer that question...

I already knew Saldana was slept by my PM.. which is why I had been hinting for a while now that I would like that information.. I guessed it was The Jackal based on his vote being a "hunch" and even put in my message to him that I had a hunch that he was the hypnotist. I kept my vote on the jackal in hopes that he would be pressured into revealing this information as I felt it important...

So I can validate that someone slept Saldana, but like I said previously I don't know if that gurantuees a wolf or not
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #202
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unvote The Jackal

Vote Saldana
Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #203
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola.. right now my trust list is:

Purduebrad and The Jackal
I am ok with not suspecting Claphamsa currently, and will currently give Pass a Pass..

Render I don't think is a wolf based on how he has played... So TheJackal's reveal ties it up nicely for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #204
Passacaglia
Coordinator

NO! You can't kill saldana....I love her!!!!!1111
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #205
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's the game from my point of view:

Saldana and I are lovers.

saldana
Alan T, clap, EagleFan, KWhit, PB, RendeR, The Jackal

clap reveals as BG.

saldana
clap
Alan T, EagleFan, KWhit, PB, RendeR, The Jackal

PB dukes the vote, EagleFan and KWhit die.

saldana, PB
clap
Alan T, RendeR, The Jackal

I learn that saldana (a known good guy to me) was hypnotized last night, then The Jackal puts a first vote on him without explaining why.

saldana, PB
clap, The Jackal
Alan T, RendeR

Alan T reveals as seer

saldana, PB
clap, The Jackal
Alan T (can't put him up with clap and The Jackal, since I've spent all morning thinking he was the wolf, but on the other hand, a fake seer reveal would be crazy now)
RendeR
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #206
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I know that the hypnotist didn't prevent a kill, since saldana is good. That means the BG must have been the one to prevent a kill. If clap protected either Alan T or RendeR, that means they're good, and the other one is the wolf. If whoever clap protected is not one of those two, it's moot. But for now, my best guess is RendeR.

VOTE RENDER
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #207
The Jackal
Coordinator

See now that's a good theory.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #208
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

PB if thats wrong then isnt it safe to assume Jackyl is the other wolf?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #209
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Saldana

Wow, okay, and to think I thought IF Saldana was the lover that Alan was the other. So here's what we have:

PB= Duke
Clap= BG
Alan T= Seer
Pass, Saldana= Lovers
Jackal= Hypnotist

That leaves one...

vote RendeR
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #210
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

PAss, I did not protect either of them...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #211
The Jackal
Coordinator

unvote saldana

vote RendeR

It'll be interesting to see what he has to say.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #212
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

crap, this got real complicated real quick!

Someone is lying right? or render is bad...

unvtoe saldana
vote rendeR

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #213
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
PB if thats wrong then isnt it safe to assume Jackyl is the other wolf?

No, because SOMEBODY put Saldana to sleep. Actually Claphamsa, if this is wrong, I'm probably looking at you or Alan T but the fact he knew she was asleep pretty much guarantees him as seer. That would leave you. But honestly, I think this might be endgame.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #214
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
No, because SOMEBODY put Saldana to sleep. Actually Claphamsa, if this is wrong, I'm probably looking at you or Alan T but the fact he knew she was asleep pretty much guarantees him as seer. That would leave you. But honestly, I think this might be endgame.
yeah i m issed all of page 5 before i wrote that...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #215
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And Jackal said he put Saldana to sleep before it was revealed that that was actually who was asleep. So Jackal is dead on here IMO.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #216
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

IF RendeR is bad, we will have won this game w/o losing any true villagers, that would be kind of cool.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #217
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here are the reveals that I feel are iron clad, just for information sake:
Mine, we saw the result
Jackal/Alan T, basically corroborated each other
Saldana/Pass, also corroboratd each other

That clears five basically, leaving Claph and RendeR and RendeR did not counter Claph's reveal.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #218
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
PAss, I did not protect either of them...

That's fine. I'm inclined to believe Alan T. I don't think he'd come out with a seer reveal as the only wolf left on Day 2 -- it just doesn't leave him much wiggle room to stay alive the entire game. Plus, his knowledge about saldana justifies his play toward him this morning. And at this point, I'm not too worried about it -- with this margin, we can get him tomorrow if RendeR ends up good.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #219
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, not because I'm suspicious but am curious about the dynamic, with you and Saldana as lovers, did you sleep too last night?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #220
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, not because I'm suspicious but am curious about the dynamic, with you and Saldana as lovers, did you sleep too last night?

No, but we aren't able to PM today. Not that we PMed much yesterday -- Day 1 was pretty slow, so we didn't have much to say to each other.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #221
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The message I got was that Saldana was sound asleep.. I asked lathum if that is what i should normally get and he said in normal situations I would get back either wolf or villager.. so I knew someone put him to sleep.. that is why I was pushing so hard for that reveal because it ties alot together.

Right now I guess Render does make sense as the top choice for wolf.. He wasn't around at lynch time so it could very well have been a case of them just not getting a backup order in if Eaglefan was killed.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #222
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Cool, looking at that as a dynamic for the game I'm planning. If nobody has ever done a Lord of the Flies game, I'm considering one.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #223
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess there's the possibility of three wolves, but three wolves plus sorcerer seems like a lot. Also, the way I have it laid out, it seems like every role was in the game.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #224
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Cool, looking at that as a dynamic for the game I'm planning. If nobody has ever done a Lord of the Flies game, I'm considering one.

The other day, I was just thinking that Lord of the Flies would be a cool WW theme. I'm in.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #225
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The message I got was that Saldana was sound asleep.. I asked lathum if that is what i should normally get and he said in normal situations I would get back either wolf or villager.. so I knew someone put him to sleep.. that is why I was pushing so hard for that reveal because it ties alot together.

Right now I guess Render does make sense as the top choice for wolf.. He wasn't around at lynch time so it could very well have been a case of them just not getting a backup order in if Eaglefan was killed.

I still think it's just that clap made a block. I think it's crappy for the wolves not to get a night-kill because the guy who was going to do it got duked -- it'd be one thing if he got lynched, and the wolves saw it coming, but with a duking involved, I think Lathum would just have RendeR perform the kill,
Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #226
Passacaglia
Coordinator

since he's the only wolf left anyway, and it's obvious that he would be the one doing it.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #227
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No, but we aren't able to PM today. Not that we PMed much yesterday -- Day 1 was pretty slow, so we didn't have much to say to each other.

Pass, just to make sure.. were you given information in your PM to start the game basically confirming that Saldana started good. Since we've had games where lovers were not both good. The lovers in this game are both listed as a villager role, and this is supposedly a "simple" game so my assumption is that is the case. Just curious if you had further verification of this or not.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #228
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, just to make sure.. were you given information in your PM to start the game basically confirming that Saldana started good. Since we've had games where lovers were not both good. The lovers in this game are both listed as a villager role, and this is supposedly a "simple" game so my assumption is that is the case. Just curious if you had further verification of this or not.

No, I've been going off the fact that it's listed as a villager role.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #229
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I guess there's the possibility of three wolves, but three wolves plus sorcerer seems like a lot. Also, the way I have it laid out, it seems like every role was in the game.

I can't imagine there being 3 wolves plus a sorceror in this game.. that means effectively we would have started 5-4.. one bad day and its over..

of course with this many roles in the game, I suppose it is a possibility.. I know The Jackal is telling the truth as I know PurdueBrad is...

So if there is a pair of wolves left, it would either be Claphamsa + Render or Saldana + Passacaglia.. obviously the safer approach is to go after Render today. I think the KISS approach simply says Render left yesterday when Eaglefan didn't look anywhere close to at risk, and Eaglefan hadn't been around for hours. Render got back after deadline and was suprised to see eaglefan killed.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #230
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dont think I changed my vote yet.. hectic day here at work

Unvote Saldana
Vote Render
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #231
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing is yesterday I believe I had my scan order in for Render and changed it at the end for Saldana..
Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #232
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh just doublechecked.. even better.. My PM to lathum was that I would like to scan Render, but if he got lynched to scan Eaglefan instead. Sent that in the night before when I voted though. Changed it to Saldana close to deadline. Heh.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #233
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh yeah, and on the very outside chance rendeR is not the wolf. I guess i should protect the Seer?

vote nightfall

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #234
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't imagine there being 3 wolves plus a sorceror in this game.. that means effectively we would have started 5-4.. one bad day and its over..

of course with this many roles in the game, I suppose it is a possibility.. I know The Jackal is telling the truth as I know PurdueBrad is...

So if there is a pair of wolves left, it would either be Claphamsa + Render or Saldana + Passacaglia.. obviously the safer approach is to go after Render today. I think the KISS approach simply says Render left yesterday when Eaglefan didn't look anywhere close to at risk, and Eaglefan hadn't been around for hours. Render got back after deadline and was suprised to see eaglefan killed.

Come on...Lathum is a pretty no-nonsense guy. I don't think he's going to take away a night-kill from the wolves because he hasn't been told who's going to make the kill, when only one wolf is left.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #235
Passacaglia
Coordinator

MAYBE, if they planned to kill KWhit at night, and Lathum just made that the brutal wolf kill. I could see losing a kill that way a little, but not because Lathum wasn't told who would make the kill. Anyway, I think duke and brutal wolf in the same game is a GM nightmare any way you slice it.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #236
saldana
Pro Starter

thanks pass.

he and i are, as he stated, lovers...i got hypnotized last night, which negated our PM ability today

not much else to say that my boyfriend hasnt already said.

unvote thejackal
vote render

vote nightfall if accepted
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #237
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll throw this in too

vote nightfall if accepted.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #238
RendeR
Coordinator

Umm, guys, *I* am the hypnotist, I used my ability on saldana last night thinking he was the last wolf. It would appear that he is not, either that or there is a good lover and a bad lover?

Not sure what more I can say.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #239
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Umm, guys, *I* am the hypnotist, I used my ability on saldana last night thinking he was the last wolf. It would appear that he is not, either that or there is a good lover and a bad lover?

I don't buy this at all for a few reasons.. the main one... I knew ahead of time that Saldana was slept, and the logical progression was that the person who slept him would assume they had a good shot of blocking a wolf kill. So the hypnotist after blocking someone on a night with no wolf kill had to have at least felt there was a greater than 50/50 chance of them having blocked the actual wolf..

I knew already since you voted for me pretty quickly today that you were not the hypnotist.. and I had it narrowed down to basically just the jackal off of people's behavior and where they placed their votes. So your response to this pretty much makes me feel good about today's result.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #240
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Nice try. We'll be on the same team one of these games.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #241
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't buy this at all for a few reasons.. the main one... I knew ahead of time that Saldana was slept, and the logical progression was that the person who slept him would assume they had a good shot of blocking a wolf kill. So the hypnotist after blocking someone on a night with no wolf kill had to have at least felt there was a greater than 50/50 chance of them having blocked the actual wolf..

I knew already since you voted for me pretty quickly today that you were not the hypnotist.. and I had it narrowed down to basically just the jackal off of people's behavior and where they placed their votes. So your response to this pretty much makes me feel good about today's result.

I knew from my own PM after the night actions that saldana was not a wolf. Without quoting I can't be more specific as to why, but its there. Hence not voting for saldana and dropping the vote on you.

Your thought process makes sense based on what you know, I understand that, I'm just saying you're wrong.

I'm fairly certain I'll be night killed anyway so lynch me, then find the real wolf tomorrow night. At least you can then verify what I've said.

If this were a larger game I'd be more inclined to argue with you, but its not, so lets take the quickest course to learn the most informaton.

I am the hypnotist. Lynch me to prove it and prove my information.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #242
RendeR
Coordinator

Based on what I know and Alan revealing as the seer, I have to change my vote:

unvote ALAN T
VOTE The JACKAL
Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #243
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Nice try. We'll be on the same team one of these games.

Laugh it up furrball...
Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #244
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so u think jackyl is the wolf?

please outline....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #245
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
so u think jackyl is the wolf?

please outline....

Whats to outline clap? Read what everyone has said thus far? Their assuming he is the ypnotist, this is a alse assumption. They had everything right except for alan's belief that I would have voted for Saldana believing he was a wolf based on the no night kill.

If I hadn't been told otherwise in my PM after the night actions that would be true, however I was informed in that PM that Sal is NOT a wolf. based on the reactions to the hypnosis.

I am the Hypnotist, Jackyl is the only other player without a known role, unless someone else out there is lying and there is no one to balk at their reveal it has to be Jackal?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #246
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

fair enouhg :

good to get it all in one space!

so if you turn out good, then we lynch jackyl! (or saldana )

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

After a short day of deliberating you all decide it must be Render who is strung up. You drag him to the gallows, him showing only the slightest resistance. Once he is hung he transforms from man to wolf!!

You all look around and wonder if it can really be this easy. The next day the killings stop. Aparently it was. Gmae over, villagers win in the shortest game ever.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #248
saldana
Pro Starter

well lathum, you wanted the game to be over by thursday.

just a quick bit of feedback...too many roles...when everyone has one it is pretty hard for the wolves to hide.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #249
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Roles.

I wanted to give everyone a role, I thought it would be more fun that way.

The wolves got very unlucky to say the least.

At the last minute PB dukes to EF when he was originaly gonna kill AlanT, then EF makes it worse by killing KWhit.

1. Purduebrad- Duke
2. Render- Wolf
3. KWhit- Sorcerer
4. The Jackyl- Hypnotizer
5. Clap- Bodyguard
6. Eaglefan- Brutal Wolf
7. Passacaglia- Lover
8. AlanT- Seer
9. Saldana- Lover
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #250
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Any and All feedback will be apreciated.

Saldana and I had a heated discussion last night about one mechanic in particular.