Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #251
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I liked that mechanic.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #252
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, thanks for running the game. This is only the second small game I've been in but every decision feels much more important because there are so few of us (even though the ratio is the same, there is something about thinking that there are only 6 or 7 good guys left). I liked having roles for everyone but I see exactly what Saldana is saying.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 05-20-2008 at 08:07 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #253
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Any and All feedback will be apreciated.

Saldana and I had a heated discussion last night about one mechanic in particular.

my argument was that the hypnotist role stated it blocked a night action, but my ability to talk to passacaglia wasnt a night action, it was a role ability, and since the night resolved in an instant manner, the hypnosis should not have lasted 24 hours
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #254
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I thought it was great, would been nice if render had a real chance to defend himself,. he can be very entertaining

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #255
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
At the last minute PB dukes to EF when he was originaly gonna kill AlanT, then EF makes it worse by killing KWhit.

Day 1 was one of luck (or bad luck, depending). I switched off of Alan because I realized that it wasn't the first vote that was suspicious on day one, but the successive votes.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #256
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see Saldanas point also, but in such a small game how much hiding can the wolves do?

Thats why the seers PM was vague
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #257
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
my argument was that the hypnotist role stated it blocked a night action, but my ability to talk to passacaglia wasnt a night action, it was a role ability, and since the night resolved in an instant manner, the hypnosis should not have lasted 24 hours

Hmmm, I see what you are saying. I like the loss of the ability as a dynamic but you are probably right in that it wouldn't be the hypnotist that would bring it on UNLESS you sleep all day and can't post publicly either.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #258
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

And my response was pretty much every werewolf game has hidden mechanics/ results. Him being hypnotized as the lover was one of those mechanice.

With there being only 2 wolves I needed some balance.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #259
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

damnit! now im gonna hve to work tommoroe

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #260
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
damnit! now im gonna hve to work tommoroe

Hehe, ditto!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #261
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The wolves got very unlucky to say the least.

At the last minute PB dukes to EF when he was originaly gonna kill AlanT, then EF makes it worse by killing KWhit.

Did they not send in a conditional order for night 1, is that why there was no kill or was there a block?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #262
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I thought it was fine to make us unable to PM today -- we barely PMed yesterday as it was. Then again, I stayed quiet a whole day once pretending to be drugged, when I was told the drugs prevented a night action, in Alan's game. Lovers were involved in that horrible plot, too.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #263
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Did they not send in a conditional order for night 1, is that why there was no kill or was there a block?

good q, forgot about that
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Clap blocked himself and was the target.

Also, had Sal or Pass been lynched today the other would have lived as a result of their mental connection being broken.

I was just trying to do something different
Old 05-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #265
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Clap, nice block. I assumed you protected yourself but I didn't envision that they would attack you.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #266
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wait... so I blocked?
I wasn confused by his message! I really thouhgt They messed up!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #267
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so, thinking about the hypnotist and the lovers. Im not a fan of either roll, but if he nocks you out hes out. just saying

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #268
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
well lathum, you wanted the game to be over by thursday.

just a quick bit of feedback...too many roles...when everyone has one it is pretty hard for the wolves to hide.

Even with the worst luck in the universe this point saldaa makes is huge, with everyone having a role the wolves had no 'out' in any conversation. Really gave us no chance once the villagers realized this point. They all reveal, the wolves get nailed.

Worst possible day 1 ever for the wolves, I tried to kill Clap who was of course guarding himself, I got away without being seen. Not that it helped
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

PB, nice duke but sadly that vote has always been my day one vote (when cronin wasn't in the mix, or the vote in my very first game). After I made the vote I saw there was already one on you but kept it on you as I figured switching would look even more suspicious, especially after you made your statement about one being a wolf on you.

Unfortunately I got tied up with work yesterday evening and couldn't get back to making another move shortly after my vote.

Good game all.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #270
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Clap, nice block. I assumed you protected yourself but I didn't envision that they would attack you.

Honestl this was part of our bad luck, Eagle hadn't checked in so Lathum found me on AIM to ask for kill names, I pulled Kwhit and Clap out of my as at random for the brutal kill and my night kill respectively, I hadn't seen Clap's reveal at the time or I'd have gone elsewhere. It was just dumb luck really.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #271
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Even with the worst luck in the universe this point saldaa makes is huge, with everyone having a role the wolves had no 'out' in any conversation. Really gave us no chance once the villagers realized this point. They all reveal, the wolves get nailed.

Worst possible day 1 ever for the wolves, I tried to kill Clap who was of course guarding himself, I got away without being seen. Not that it helped

I don't really see your point.

It was never published anywhere everyone has a role, so why would anyone doubt a wolf claiming to be vanilla?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #272
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't really see your point.

It was never published anywhere everyone has a role, so why would anyone doubt a wolf claiming to be vanilla?

Because as you saw on day 2 here the players themselves started coming out with info and reveals and it led to an all out "this is what I am" festival, once they realized they all had roles, the wolves were doomed, even if we had both been alive on day two the fact that the villagers were willing to reveal themselves as the fact dawned on them that they all had roles it simply became a duck shoot.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #273
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm not complaining so much as pointing out it was a real drawback for the wolves that there was no real hiding space for the wolves as the game played out.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #274
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm not complaining so much as pointing out it was a real drawback for the wolves that there was no real hiding space for the wolves as the game played out.

I see your point but I think it goes back to bad luck.

If a wolf and the sorcerer aren't killed day 1 I think people are far less likely to reveal
Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #275
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

all i heard was a ruslting in the woods....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I see your point but I think it goes back to bad luck.

If a wolf and the sorcerer aren't killed day 1 I think people are far less likely to reveal

Personally, the only reason I revealed is because my lover was hypnotized combined with a BG block (and I suspect the BG block was the only reason that the hypnotist revealed) -- I knew heat would come on saldana because of that, and spent the morning getting ready to reveal after The Jackal showed up.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #277
Passacaglia
Coordinator

oh and also, I knew saldana would reveal once he showed up, and I wanted to steal credit for having figured out the game
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #278
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i revelad cuz everyone loves to lynch me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #279
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I had figured out Saldana had been put to sleep by the hypnotist which is why I started hinting early on that he should reveal, until later in the day I gave stronger suggestions to finally basically threatening to leave my vote on the person I thought was the hypnotist to force him to reveal. The reason for it was I didnt want to push too strongly for a Saldana lynch in case he was bad and it failed to get him lynched, and i felt compelled to scan him a second time if he wasnt lynched today if the hypnotist didnt reveal. It was a game of numbers at that point, I felt logically Pass wasnt bad due to his play and Kwhit's play as I outlined in the thread.. I felt strongly that the jackal was the hypnotist and needed him to admit as such.. once he did that it pretty much opened the doors for either the wolf being Saldana or Render, with a slim possibility of Claphamsa lying in my eyes.

The real winner in this one was day one... if it had gone differently, the game could have been much different. If Purduebrad had duked a good guy, if the hypnotist had blocked someone that didn't give trust.. could have been in a situation of 4 good guys, 1 sorceror and 2 wolves. At that point the sorceror could have fake revealed as seer, pointed the finger at a good guy, possibly gotten him killed and with a night kill it now is 2 good guys, 1 sorceror and 2 wolves. The villagers possibly kill the sorceror winning the game for the wolves. Small games just don't leave much room for error, and the day one ended up being too much error regardless.

I wish I had super instincts in this game.. my initial seer scan was to scan Render, and if he got lynched Eaglefan as a backup.. but that was at the very start before anyone had hardly posted.. mostly luck on my part with a little strategy .. but I blew it when I changed it to scan saldana instead. I guess the good side of that was it helped me be able to validate the jackal though.

Last edited by Alan T : 05-20-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #280
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, I would say that your scan of Saldana though really kept RendeR from being able to mount a serious defense. In fact, your scan results basically led to clearing Jackal and Saldana which cleared Pass AND cleared you. That cleared four people to some degree, pretty good scan if you weren't going to hit a wolf.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #281
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I would say that your scan of Saldana though really kept RendeR from being able to mount a serious defense. In fact, your scan results basically led to clearing Jackal and Saldana which cleared Pass AND cleared you. That cleared four people to some degree, pretty good scan if you weren't going to hit a wolf.

I think my scan of Saldana actually was really bad for him. Pass had to save Saldana there instead. Only after Pass's reveal did it point everything right at Render.

Would have been much better if I had left my original scan choice on Render instead.. would have avoided all of the fuss
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #282
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. and I still don't see any issue with my day 1 vote strategy on you purduebrad
Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #283
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh.. and I still don't see any issue with my day 1 vote strategy on you purduebrad

Hell, I think it worked out alright! I'll take a game where we lose no villagers!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #284
The Jackal
Coordinator

That was tough for the wolves to swallow on day 1, and I know a little something about losing a wolf on day 1.

But yeah, losing the brutal wolf and killing the sorceror with that was tough for you guys. As far as how this game worked out Lathum, I think it was good. There is merit to having vanilla villagers because it allows more wiggle room for the wolves, whereas we were able to nail this one down real easy, but I liked that everyone had a role.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote