Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #201
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
sound thinking. Of course he could also have picked you!
He could have, but he didn't.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #202
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think a good place to start would try and consider who Hoops would pick
I agree. Who do you think?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #203
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think a good place to start would try and consider who Hoops would pick

In Neon Chaos's game, he had an Alpha Wolf who picked the other wolves and we went through a similar discussion that was very profitable...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #204
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Mrs. Schmidty

I think Hoops would have drafted her. She showed she gets the game and played well last time for a first timer. She is also likely to get the benefit of the "She's new, I won't vote for her early in the game" (although obviously not from me).

And I think Hoops will be thinking outside of the box with his picks and go with the unexpected.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #205
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Sndvls or GoldenEagle are very good players who have been away for a while and would both be good choices for hoops to pick
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #206
Telle
College Starter

I'm thinking two very good wolf players and two "nobody would think of them" players.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #207
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Another vanilla villager checking in (good way to get back into the game, I suppose)
Old 06-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #208
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Vote Mrs. Schmidty

I think Hoops would have drafted her. She showed she gets the game and played well last time for a first timer. She is also likely to get the benefit of the "She's new, I won't vote for her early in the game" (although obviously not from me).

And I think Hoops will be thinking outside of the box with his picks and go with the unexpected.
I think it's highly likely that he picked Mrs. Schmidty or PackFanatic.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #209
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Sndvls or GoldenEagle are very good players who have been away for a while and would both be good choices for hoops to pick
I also lumped these two together and I believe SnDvls and hoops have been wolves together and, having also been a wolf with SnDvls, I think it's likely hoops would have gone in that direction. Hence my vote.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #210
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think it's unlikely that hoops picked either Alan, Lathum, or myself with the #1 pick. The question then becomes would Poli pick the three of us in his first grouping? I feel like the answer is yes.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #211
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think it's unlikely that hoops picked either Alan, Lathum, or myself with the #1 pick. The question then becomes would Poli pick the three of us in his first grouping? I feel like the answer is yes.
Slight correction. Poli could pick two villagers. I think, therefore, that either Lathum or Alan is a villager for sure (as I know I am).
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #212
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't know about that. I think it's a definite possibility that one of you guys was picked as the cunning wolf. Hoops knows that you guys could be scanned and "cleared" early in the game and would be a huge asset to the wolf side in a CoT.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #213
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I feel like that's a pretty rushed attempt to get all three of you cleared (perhaps yourself and another wolf, or yourself+two villagers).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #214
Danny
Head Coach

Villager checking in. I agree that thinking about who hoops would have selected is a good idea. Seems like most first days are a crap shoot, so at least it gives us something to go on for our votes today
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #215
Barkeep49
Coordinator

cronin: Could you add the rules and the draft order to the first post for ease of reference?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #216
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it's highly likely that he picked Mrs. Schmidty or PackFanatic.

Somehow I knew that was coming BK.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know about that. I think it's a definite possibility that one of you guys was picked as the cunning wolf. Hoops knows that you guys could be scanned and "cleared" early in the game and would be a huge asset to the wolf side in a CoT.
From my previous discussions with cronin about the game, roles were indeed assigned to certain picks. So it wasn't pick the wolves and then give them roles it was Pick 1 would be role X. So the question is would that be a cunning wolf? If the answer is YES then I think you're right there and would suggest Lathum over Alan as Lathum always seems to be scanned early. If Pick 1 wasn't a cunning wolf, however, then I think my analysis stands.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #218
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am a goody two shoes who is looking for a special friend. I enjoy long walks by the drainage slough, and candle lit dinners at the Lighthouse Mission. Fashion sense is very important to me, and I love to shop at the Salvation Army outlet store. I hope to someday own my own aluminum lean-to complete with a extra thick blue tarp.

If you feel like we could be a good fit, please place your name and number on the wall in stall number 6 at the Smokey Point Arco Station bathroom. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #219
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Somehow I knew that was coming BK.
Yeah there's not much you can do about that, but do notice that I went in a different direction with my vote.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #220
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
cronin: Could you add the rules and the draft order to the first post for ease of reference?

Yes, please.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #221
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

done

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #222
Danny
Head Coach

Schmidty lol, I see now why you were voted as the most fun person to play a game with
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #223
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
done
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #224
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
From my previous discussions with cronin about the game, roles were indeed assigned to certain picks. So it wasn't pick the wolves and then give them roles it was Pick 1 would be role X.

This was actually changed by request of the drafters.

knives out
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This was actually changed by request of the drafters.
Ahh. OK. I wasn't a fan of that anyway. I think then that Lathum and Alan are considerably less cleared then I'd hoped.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Please note that there is a HUGE advantage to us if we limit who we vote for as we essentially make it so that the cunning wolf would be the one doing the kill.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #227
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So were they then given random roles or did the drafters hand out roles after drafting?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #228
hoopsguy
General Manager

Poli and I completed our picks first, assigned roles second.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #229
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And that is a very good point, BK.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #230
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Poli and I completed our picks first, assigned roles second.

10/4
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #231
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
So were they then given random roles or did the drafters hand out roles after drafting?

The latter - the players were drafted, then the GMs assigned roles.

knives out
Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #232
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Please note that there is a HUGE advantage to us if we limit who we vote for as we essentially make it so that the cunning wolf would be the one doing the kill.

Yep.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

BK - that's a very good point that I think will go unnoticed largely in the rules.

But if we engage in 2nd level analysis, might hoops not go "oh well everyone will expect me to draft cunning wolf=lathum first, so maybe i should petition for it to be brutal wolf=lathum first, or else avoid lathum so the villagers off one of their own?"
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #234
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh - well given what was just posted as i was typing that - i guess the 2nd piece of it doesn't apply as much
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #235
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't think Hoops would pick someone like myself, BK, Alan, etc... as the cunning, it just seems like such an obvious move.

but Hoops copuld have picked one of us just for that reason.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #236
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am a goody two shoes who is looking for a special friend. I enjoy long walks by the drainage slough, and candle lit dinners at the Lighthouse Mission. Fashion sense is very important to me, and I love to shop at the Salvation Army outlet store. I hope to someday own my own aluminum lean-to complete with a extra thick blue tarp.

If you feel like we could be a good fit, please place your name and number on the wall in stall number 6 at the Smokey Point Arco Station bathroom. I look forward to hearing from you.

Haha is this a Qwikshot in-character special? Doesn't seem to relate directly to any of the roles...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #237
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Hoops said in another thread that Path12 was his 1st round pick...I'm leaning toward voting based on that comment...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #238
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
BK - that's a very good point that I think will go unnoticed largely in the rules.

But if we engage in 2nd level analysis, might hoops not go "oh well everyone will expect me to draft cunning wolf=lathum first, so maybe i should petition for it to be brutal wolf=lathum first, or else avoid lathum so the villagers off one of their own?"

Yes, and if I were poli, I would purposely NOT draft Lathum and make Hoops take him as a wolf with the last pick.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #239
KWhit
Coordinator

So for reasons I have stated, I think the two best choices for votes today are Lathum and Mrs. Schmidty.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #240
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Hoops said in another thread that Path12 was his 1st round pick...I'm leaning toward voting based on that comment...

I'm pretty sure that was just a joke. Or do you think Hoops would be that risky in a cover up move?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #241
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Yes, and if I were poli, I would purposely NOT draft Lathum and make Hoops take him as a wolf with the last pick.

Lathum seems like too obvious of a choice for a wolf, but I didn't think about Poli forcing Hoops into it like this.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #242
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From my previous discussions with cronin about the game, roles were indeed assigned to certain picks. So it wasn't pick the wolves and then give them roles it was Pick 1 would be role X. So the question is would that be a cunning wolf? If the answer is YES then I think you're right there and would suggest Lathum over Alan as Lathum always seems to be scanned early. If Pick 1 wasn't a cunning wolf, however, then I think my analysis stands.

This post I feel is either intentionally or un-intentionally misleading. I ended up getting the role that I "campaigned" for via PM prior to the game and I have to guess that I wasn't purposely picked in a certain slot just to get that role. It seems obvious to me based on what I know is that the draft picks were made and then Poli/Hoops provided the list to Cronin of which players should be which roles as an independant action.

As far as setting myself up to be a night kill target for the wolves, whomever is the bodyguard doesn't really need to worry about it. I plan on fully revealing at deadline time and if the wolves choose to target me, then they pretty much just wasted a chance at getting someone they actively are looking for.

As for why I'm revealing on day 1.. well you'll just have to trust me that I felt this to be the best way to play my role. If you disagree, then lecture me after the game I guess. And no.. I'm not going to fake reveal on day 1 before hardly any votes are cast if I was a wolf.. I'm not that brave/dumb even.

As for whom do I think Hoops would have picked? I am pretty sure that Hoops knows this type of discussion would occur in this game. He ran a game as a GM before with this similar mechanic in it and this conversation happened there as well. I have to guess Hoops would have prepared himself the best as possible to not get caught with all of his eggs in one basket...

Thus with a 21 person game, I'll assume 4 or 5 wolves... I would assume he'd probably pick one veteran for a cunning wolf as has been discussed.. I would assume one newer player that Hoops was pretty excited about their play.. I would assume one under the radar type that would slide deep into the game while still being a solid player and I would assume one other veteran type that doesnt get scanned often and is not often considered as someone Hoops would pick.. (This type of veteran player pick I would consider players like Schmidty, DaddyTorgo, etc)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #243
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
psst. Olie. path isn't playing.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #244
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I'm pretty sure that was just a joke. Or do you think Hoops would be that risky in a cover up move?

It very well could be, but knowing hoops, it could be a switcheroo type play...I'll say this and then everyone will say "he wouldn't be that obvious"...that type of thing. I don't know. There isn't anything else to go on at this point, so why not go off of that?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #245
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. and in the time it took me to type that up while on my conference call, Cronin answered the Barkeep message for me..
Old 06-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #246
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

sheesh.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #247
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
psst. Olie. path isn't playing.

Haha...
Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #248
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It was a joke because Path isnt playing in this game.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #249
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alan - you can jump off the DT bandwagon - hoops didn't pick me. whether that's b/c poli picked me first or what i dunno, but i'm squarely on the village side.

as for your reveal - well you can't be the seer/fake seer i don't think -- you can't be a mason (penalty of death), could you be bodyguard maybe. could you be hunter...strong possibility

the whole fake-seer thing always bugs me, so i'm wondering if there's not more of a way to...control that and mitigate that
Old 06-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

this is a pretty awesome thought.

you're poli. you know that lathum always draws scrutiny. rather than risk having him on your team, you essentially "force" the other team to draft him and hope that you have someone like kwhit on your team that makes this point and then your team gets an easy +1 advantage.

subject to change...yada yada...

VOTE LATHUM