Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #351
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we've looked at voting patterns for lax and henry - i think i mentioned it somewhere, and lathum did a nice summary last night right after deadline of D1 and D2 votes.

let me go back and repost it here
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #352
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Day 1 vote count

1 - EagleFan - st.cronin (42)
4 - path12 - EagleFan (50), oliegirl (83), laxjunkie62 (109), Henry (126)
3 - oliegirl - path12 (81), Telle (91), Lathum (127)
2 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (92), Barkeep (125)

Day 2 vote count

(4) Path - Telle (149), henry (150), eaglefan (165), laxjunkie62 (177)
(5) Eaglefan - path12 (175), st.cronin (184), barkeep (193) DaddyTorgo (264) Lathum (298)
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #353
Telle
College Starter

How exactly were you cleared, DT?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #354
Telle
College Starter

Lax, henry, and EagleFan have all voted together both days. Don't know that that tells us much.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #355
henry296
College Starter

No argument that I'm a potential candidate today, but laxjunkies was the only one who voted for path after his reveal. I was just stubborn and by the end of the day my vote was meaningless since we know DT and Lathum were voting EagleFan.

Therefore Vote laxjunkies
Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

one thing that rang really weird to me was lax's trying to tie himself to BK.

we can see that on D1 laxjunkie and henry voted together for a known good.

we can see that on D2 they both voted together as well. Note that henry's vote was awfully quick after telle's onto someone we now know was good, whereas laxjunkie came in at the end to make it 4-1 (at the time).

Now I don't think lax+henry = wolf+traitor because as you can see between D1 and D2 although they both voted on Path both days, the order in which they voted was flipped. lax cast the first vote one day, and henry the second, and then the next day henry voted first and then lax. This could conceivably have been coordinated if both were wolves, but if one is a wolf and one is a traitor they wouldn't necessarily be able to coordinate that. Now there's no saying that the traitor wouldn't have voted along with the wolf anyways, without coordination, but the problem when looking at them both then becomes which one is the traitor as they both took a turn laying the first vote.

maybe that is useless hypothesizing because occam's razor just says that they could have done it totally without coordination and this is meaningless, but i have the time at work right now so i wanted to get all my thoughts out there.

interested to hear from both lax+henry who they think the likely wolf is - if they want to point the blame at telle and her early vote on path, or at lathum or me.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #357
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
How exactly were you cleared, DT?

because it's my analysis and i know i'm 100% good
Old 07-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am wondering if it is time for the seer to step forward?

With 6 of us left BK is cleared so that leaves 5, the seer coming forward leaves 4 and depending on who has been scanned that could leave 2-3 unknowns.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

without the bodyguard i think unless the seer has the last wolf or is in peril of being caught, as long as they feel that people are looking in the right direction they shouldn't. hence why we should get some direction going early in the day
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #360
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Now that I'm dead in the Spawn game, I'll play.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #361
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
without the bodyguard i think unless the seer has the last wolf or is in peril of being caught, as long as they feel that people are looking in the right direction they shouldn't. hence why we should get some direction going early in the day

i disagree, if the seer has 2 succesfull scans we could have 4/6 people cleared. If the seer gets night killed we get nothing
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #362
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #363
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Now that I'm dead in the Spawn game, I'll play.

You can be on my team.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #364
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

but we have to find the traitor too to win the game - so if the seer reveals he just becomes another target for the wolf to take out if we miss the wolf today, and decreases the odds of the wolf hitting the traitor with a night kill (if we miss the wolf today)
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
but we have to find the traitor too to win the game - so if the seer reveals he just becomes another target for the wolf to take out if we miss the wolf today, and decreases the odds of the wolf hitting the traitor with a night kill (if we miss the wolf today)

we do?

can we get clarification on that?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #366
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes - alan can we get clarification - i have been operating on that assumption all along...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #367
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

since the rules said "you have to eliminate all the reformers" and the traitor is listed as a reformer
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The traitor is a normal generic traitor/spy type role. They scan as a loyalist, count as a loyalist in the villager count and can not communicate with the wolves. They simply win with the wolves and know who they are. All roles in this game are pretty simple/basic roles, no fancy stuff in this game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #369
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so we don't have to find the traitor and lynch them in order to win?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i just want to be 100% clear on that
Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #371
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so we don't have to find the traitor and lynch them in order to win?

Correct, the traitor role counts as a villager but wins with the wolves.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #372
Telle
College Starter

I'm heading out for the weekend, so I need to put my vote in now..

VOTE HENRY
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

booya

In that case Lathum - you have your seer.

*takes a bow*

Both you and Telle are cleared of being the last wolf.

I scanned you Night 1 (which is also partly why i put a vote on you - figured somebody would pick up the change in my attitude or i'd have a headstart on getting people onto you on D2) - you came back as not a wolf ("as loyal as i can tell" or some such words). Also why I dropped comments about the fustercluck last game in which we both had roles and had to reveal. And the hints must have worked - path told me after his death he picked up on them and was going to guard me.

Night 2 I scanned Telle. I grappled with this one a long time (as i just told cronin). Originally I was leaning towards scanning cronin (for the reasons I laid out all day yesterday). Then I noticed him pushing towards me and insisting telle was the traitor and i thought "maybe cronin was the traitor and he's trying to hide telle and get her to endgame". So I thought i'd scan telle/henry/lax. I submitted my order with Telle as my primary scan and henry as my backup if she got eaten. Telle came back as not a wolf as well.

So this is how I know that the king and i, and you lathum, and you telle, are all good and that either henry or lax is our last wolf.

crunching the numbers (*= traitor):

-we get the wolf today and win (4-1*)
-we get the traitor in either henry or lax (3-1 after the night kill) - and finish it tomorrow by lynching the wolf
-we get an unfortunate villager in henry/lax (assuming 2-1-1* after night kill) and we're in a bit of a tight-spot
-we get a villager and the wolf night-kills the traitor (3-1) - and we finish it tomorrow via lynch

So there you go.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW DT I knew you were the seer after day 1.

either that or you are a wolf hinting but I doubt it
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

laxjunkie

really a toss up between him and henry, but I think Telle is the traitor so I am gonna vote oppisite her
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE LAXJUNKIE
Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #377
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lathum - you knew b/c of what i mentioned above?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you made it really obvious you scanned me
Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

apparently i made it just obvious enough
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #380
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fwiw though - the logic i presented to everyone else re:that is logic i would have used even if i wasn't the seer
Old 07-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #381
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oooh, i'm closing in on 8k posts!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
lathum - i threw another candidate into the mix because as i always say, it's best to try to get people talking and defending themselves on D1. As for why I didn't move my vote - since BK announced that he was going to duke the vote, I frankly didn't see any reason to.

i presume that with BK outed, you would have been the most likely seer target last night, so unless we hear results of that, I am moving forward assuming you are good (or perhaps potentially the traitor). and if you are good, we are on the same side.

Quote:
i didn't realize that it would be 4-4 after my unvote necessarily, but i'm not afraid to make the call if it stays like this and take the burden on myself to tip the scales.

one thing i'd like to point out, without trying to be elitest or whatever:

of the 8 players who have voted, all 4 "grizzled WW-vets" if you want to call them that (path, cronin, barkeep, lathum), all voted for EagleFan. Versus the "newer players" who have voted for path.

Something to keep in mind for later - especially if the votes stay where they are. We know Barkeep is the duke and is good, and i tend to believe Lathum is good (as i said earlier, i assume he would be the N1 scan with barkeep cleared and thus we'd know if he was a wolf b/c the seer would out him. he could still be the traitor though).
where am i going with this: we know path voted for EagleFan out of self-preservation. Which means that if eaglefan turns up a wolf, cronin could very well be the other wolf or the traitor looking to spread out his vote (regardless of whether he moves his vote or not - maybe they choose to play with fire and keep the vote there).

If EagleFan turns out to be a good guy, then clearly Path is the wolf or the traitor. In that instance I think we look then at people who voted for Path, and i would look more strongly at laxjunkie (who voted 2 after path), or at henry who jumped right after Telle (wolf afraid to put down the first vote and wanted to wait and be 2nd?)

hey look - one of my longest WW-posts ever!

Quote:
well if not today then he'll likely come out tomorrow if he did find a wolf on either of the first 2 days, and then we'd know for sure on lathum

Quote:
so you think if path is the bodyguard that both wolves would vote for the same person? so you think the wolves would be who: EF and lax/henry?

if path is a wolf you think the wolves would be: path+you?

we know it's not barkeep, i think we will know if it's lathum (as someone else has said, he'd be a logical choice for a scan and the seer may be sitting on the result today), although I believe it's not. And I know it's not me.

or maybe by leaving telle out of the equation cronin you are actually the traitor and you are trying to hide telle (who also has voted for path)

Quote:
lathum - I find you to be largely free of suspicion at this point, given that.

the other wolf (and perhaps the traitor as well) are in the group of: henry, telle, cronin, laxjunkie

cronin was the 2nd vote on EF, I'm not sure what to make of him. I think part of that may be b/c I have been burned so many times by him as a crafty wolf that I am naturally suspiscious of him (and vice-versa, him of me)

Quote:
I did no such hemming an hawing - I just waited a long time to vote to see what developed, because I only have ultimate trust in myself + BK at the moment (with lathum right below us)

Quote:
so looking at the others - it's either telle or you that are the wolf, lathum potentially the traitor (from my POV - as I have stated about him earlier)

you left a massive trail
Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #383
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol
Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well when you put it that way
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #385
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just be glad I'm not the traitor, I would have outed you in the thread
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #386
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

which is what gives me some greater degree of faith that you are not, and that perhaps telle is
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE HENRY296
VOTE LAXJUNKIE
Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #388
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We approve of the job the Cardinal has done and will follow the spiritual guidance he has offered us today.

Vote Lax
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #389
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tap tap tap ....

This thing on?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #390
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
We approve of the job the Cardinal has done and will follow the spiritual guidance he has offered us today.

Vote Lax

I guess the chance that you had of having a son meant nothing to you, i guess i will find myself beside him tonight.
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #391
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Tap tap tap ....

This thing on?

lol
Old 07-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #392
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
I guess the chance that you had of having a son meant nothing to you, i guess i will find myself beside him tonight.
We believe that you did not do a very good job of siring us a son. Otherwise you would not be in this situation. Whether through your incompetent breeding, or incompetent choices of religion we believe your time has come.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #393
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah, not much to say today
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #394
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

apparently not. Let's hope we done right.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #395
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
apparently not. Let's hope we done right.

and we were doing so well, id look at henry,

VOTE HENRY
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #396
laxjunkie62
n00b

and if I sound reserved, it's because I am. At least I get to be with my son again
Old 07-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #397
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well if it's not you lax it's certainly henry, so he'll die tomorrow
Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #398
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
well if it's not you lax it's certainly henry, so he'll die tomorrow

i guess i can rest easily knowing my death made it easy to find another wolf
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #399
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well either we chose wrong or the wolf+traitor are resigned to losing...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #400
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
and if I sound reserved, it's because I am. At least I get to be with my son again
We approve of the attitude you have taken and since if we find this decided wrong a new decision can be made tomorrow:

Unvote Lax
Vote Henry