Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #151
RendeR
Coordinator

That was firmly tongue in cheek of course just trying on the red-wings of repressionists...err.republicans its a tight fit.

anyway, 8th district checking in. Don't F*** with me, I can't be bought you smarmy bastards.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #152
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Even though I hate agreeing with the "honorable" Republican representative I do say that KWhit makes me a little uncomfortable as Speaker of the House. He is a little to liberal for my tastes.

We should look into someone a little more ike mccollins who has always looked out for our citizens best interests. He is not going to pander to those who feel we should invade any country that looks at us cross and is going to make sure the people in our country all have equal opportunity to make it without the greedy fat cats keeping them down.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #153
path12
Coordinator

Chief, if a bill is passed enacting a role, would that role pass to the party whose spectrum it is on or is it a random action as to who becomes that role?

For example, bodyguard is on the democratic side of the spectrum. If a bodyguard bill is passed, would that person be a Dem or could they be Rep? How is it determined which player becomes that role?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #154
path12
Coordinator

Oh, and as I read the rules, I'm a little concerned about just jumping on a candidate right now. If they happen to be a wolf then that vote would have severe consequences. I think I'd try and get a name out there right away if I was in the wolf party, which means I don't know if I want to vote anyone named to date.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #155
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Oh, and as I read the rules, I'm a little concerned about just jumping on a candidate right now. If they happen to be a wolf then that vote would have severe consequences. I think I'd try and get a name out there right away if I was in the wolf party, which means I don't know if I want to vote anyone named to date.

It seems like that voting for or not for wolves mostly pertains to the wolf vote -- the public isn't any more knowledge than we about who is or is not a wolf on a day to day basis. Although installing a wolf as speaker isn't going to be good, we don't really have a choice but to try to vote for someone. We're not exactly going to be overflowing with information on day 1 of a game that has no roles :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #156
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
It seems like that voting for or not for wolves mostly pertains to the wolf vote -- the public isn't any more knowledge than we about who is or is not a wolf on a day to day basis. Although installing a wolf as speaker isn't going to be good, we don't really have a choice but to try to vote for someone. We're not exactly going to be overflowing with information on day 1 of a game that has no roles :P

I understand that. My point is that those who jumped right in with nominations disincline me to vote for either them or their choices for speaker.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well someone had to get the ball rolling.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #158
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Chief, if a bill is passed enacting a role, would that role pass to the party whose spectrum it is on or is it a random action as to who becomes that role?

For example, bodyguard is on the democratic side of the spectrum. If a bodyguard bill is passed, would that person be a Dem or could they be Rep? How is it determined which player becomes that role?

You write that into the bill if you like. You can have me choose someone at random. You can have a Leader select one. Or the Speaker. Or the President. Whoever picks, you can force the choice to be on the Dem or the Repub side (keep in mind that's not likely to get votes from whichever side is not getting a say ).

The bill needs to not only include the role. But also state if it's a standard role (and define that). Act like you're the GM. Take the BG example. Putting aside who picks for a moment, what rules do you want in place? You can say standard BG, protects one person per night cycle, can't be the same person two nights in a row. You can write in that he can see who the attacker is. Or that he can protect the same person two nights in a row. Or himself as much as he wants.

Just keep in mind, too powerful of a role could be struck down by the Supreme Court ("me"). I am using standard roles as a measure. Go too far beyond the scope of the standard role with respect to ability and power, and it is more likely I will strike it down. Go a little bit farther, though, and I am might be more inclined to allow the role. Of course, go too short of the standard role, and you might feel it is too weak to be useful. Creativity is encouraged. For another example, instead of making a BG that is stronger or weaker than the standard role, you could add a power but take away another, in a twist to try something different that would not be likely to get struck down.

Also, look at this politically. Dems want a Bodyguard. Repubs want a Seer. Villagers want both.

I put the Liaison role in the game for a reason. Not all (maybe not even much) of what goes on in Washington happens on the floor of Congress. They don't call them backrooms for nothing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #159
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Republican checking in, damn you dirty liberal bastards, damn you to hell. I swear to GOD ALMIGHTY thou shalt burn in hell for your blasphemies!!!

I say we need to get conservative, we cannot aford some bleeding heart liberal in power, even for a day! We need to get back to some real family values. bring back respect for the flag, bring back Church and Sunday school as mandatory events, bring clergimen into the public school systems.

DOWN WITH DEMORACY...err...damnit...DEMOCRATS!

omg, is it bad to fight within your own party?
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #160
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

dola
forgot to add my " "
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #161
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Republican cheking in! 1st distreict here!

I plan on proposing a bill on mandatory military service once I get back from traing, all must know the love of country that military service shows!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #162
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I also plan on banning spelling! unless its bible related!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just a reminder.

You not only need to vote for a Speaker here, you need to choose your Leaders and Liaisons as soon as possible, so you may begin to propose bills.

Once a bill is proposed by either Leader, it becomes a new item on which to vote. So if one is proposed, please consider the bill and make your vote as well.

Remember, only one bill per day per party. So use them wisely.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #164
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

9th district checking in, time for me to actually read the rules now that I have an idea of what the heck is goin' down.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #165
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I don't think the rules clearly state this - but does the Speaker have to be one of the party leaders or can it be anyone?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #166
chesapeake
College Starter

Greetings, all -- Democrat from the 16th District checking in here.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #167
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
9th district checking in, time for me to actually read the rules now that I have an idea of what the heck is goin' down.

I wonder how many people did this. Not that it's a bad thing -- just pointless to delay the game under the guise of giving people more time to read and understand the rules, when my guess is the majority of people aren't going to start reading the rules until they have their role.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #168
KWhit
Coordinator

I am very excited to join the congress as a Democratic Representative from the 18th District.

My constituants are the most progressive, intelligent in the world, and I am thrilled to be able to represent their viewpoint in this Congress.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #169
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, how about jeheinz for Speaker (once he finishes reading the rules)? He's from a centrist district, so he'll have to work to build a consensus, and he's a strong player.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #170
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I nominate and vote for St. Cronin for Speaker

With his experience in Congress I know he'd be able to look at things fairly and help lead this group in a way best for this country.

I'm leaving for work and won't be back until about 4:30pst.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #171
KWhit
Coordinator

At this time, I cannot support a Republican for speaker as he would not match my beliefs or the beliefs of my constituents.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #172
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anyway, how about jeheinz for Speaker (once he finishes reading the rules)? He's from a centrist district, so he'll have to work to build a consensus, and he's a strong player.

Oh, and he told me if we vote for him, he's going to encourage us to pass a "no ties" bill. Sounds good -- I love casual dress codes.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #173
KWhit
Coordinator

No ties?!?!

Surely the Republicans don't think that a vote on No Ties is the highest priority issue we need to address with our first congressional vote?!?!

I'm astonished.

We need to develop protection from the new threat from the Wolf Party. Establishing a Bodyguard seems to be an excellent way of doing this.

However, I will leave the bill proposal to our party's leadership.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #174
Tyrith
College Starter

I would vote for heinz.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #175
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I wonder how many people did this. Not that it's a bad thing -- just pointless to delay the game under the guise of giving people more time to read and understand the rules, when my guess is the majority of people aren't going to start reading the rules until they have their role.

Yeah, I've tried reading the rules before getting my role a few times and it just doesn't work out. I end up re-reading them anyways so why bother.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #176
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
No ties?!?!

Surely the Republicans don't think that a vote on No Ties is the highest priority issue we need to address with our first congressional vote?!?!

I'm astonished.

We need to develop protection from the new threat from the Wolf Party. Establishing a Bodyguard seems to be an excellent way of doing this.

I would have to agree with my esteemed colleague from the 16th district. I don't think a No Ties vote is close to the most pressing need we would have.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #177
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No ties?!?!

I'm astonished.

I don't know if you're just being in character, but that was just a joke from a previous game.

Anyway, adding a bodyguard and a seer both seem like good ideas to me.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #178
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Reasons I should be speaker

1. I'm friggin awesome
2. I look good
3. Can anyone say Free Pancakes? Hmm, can you?
4. Have I mentioned I'm awesome?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #179
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just in case anyone is curious, I asked CR about how the Speaker is elected. It sounds like whoever has the most votes for Speaker at the end of the day becomes the Speaker, and during the night gets to sign or not sign whatever bills we pass. Heinz, can you be on during the night time (6 PM to 4 AM pacific time)? If not, we might need to get someone else.

Also, CR asked me to remind the parties to choose a Presidential Candidate today.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #180
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Good catch Pass, I couldn't be on at that time, so yeah, I'm not a great candidate.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #181
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As usual the Republicans are too busy pushing their beliefs to know what is good for our country. We need to focus within our own party first to decide who our own leaders and laissons will be before we begin to randomly propose bills.

When we do propose a bill it needs to be with our people in mind. We need to find out who may be deadly wolves wmong us. We need enact the ability to determine who we cannot trust (other than Republicans of course). Along with this we need national health care, the ability to heal someone who has been attacked by these wolves among us.

As usual the Republicans have been too busy trying to find wolves in foreign lands (using lies and deceit to put our people in harm's way) to see the problems that exist in our own land and in our own governing body.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #182
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

In case anyone was wondering, as well, the Speaker does not (and probably should not) need to be a party leader. Since both the leaders and the Speaker get the chance to propose a bill, we'd be better off electing someone completely outside the party leaders to be speaker.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #183
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Even though I hate agreeing with the "honorable" Republican representative I do say that KWhit makes me a little uncomfortable as Speaker of the House. He is a little to liberal for my tastes.

We should look into someone a little more ike mccollins who has always looked out for our citizens best interests. He is not going to pander to those who feel we should invade any country that looks at us cross and is going to make sure the people in our country all have equal opportunity to make it without the greedy fat cats keeping them down.

I thank my honorable colleague from the 13th district for bringing up my name.

If we are to, as one congress, vote for a single candidate to be speaker when we have a 50/50 split on power, I think we will all be looking to vote for a moderate, centrist leader with a high level of activity to fulfill their role.

I would gladly serve in this capacity, but I do not believe our colleagues from across the aisle would vote for me (OOC: plus I'm going to a baseball game tonight). I think we might be able to come to an agreement (that is, not a 9-9 split) on a gentleman from the 8th-11th districts. With Mr. Heinz taking himself out of the running, I encourage us to discuss the following candidates:

RendeR, henry296, Chubby

However, Mr. RendeR has already begun slinging some mud onto our side of the aisle and I would thus prefer Mr. Henry or Mr. Chubbs.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #184
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Chiefe RUM

Just to confirm, only the party leaders can propose bills? but anyone can introduce a candidate?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #185
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

CR

Alos do we include in the bill who will get the rolls? or is it decided byt he leader? or is it random?

KTHXBAI

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #186
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

If my name is being brought up for Speaker than I'll gladly add my thoughts.

While I think there's ideallogical differences between the aisles, I think that for the good of the nation we need to come together to defeat the Wolf Party. To do so, is going to require cooperation between both Democrats and Republicans. I think we can accomplish this goal if we work together.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #187
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

someone pointed out that checkign post counts will show you being in a thread...... is it illegal to check post counts?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #188
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
someone pointed out that checkign post counts will show you being in a thread...... is it illegal to check post counts?

For the other team? I'd say yes (but that's just my opinion).
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

If you check post counts in the other party's thread, it will look like you're in their thread, and you won't be able to prove that you were just checking post counts, and not reading the whole thread. So don't do it.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #190
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you check post counts in the other party's thread, it will look like you're in their thread, and you won't be able to prove that you were just checking post counts, and not reading the whole thread. So don't do it.

ok, gotcha

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #191
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
If my name is being brought up for Speaker than I'll gladly add my thoughts.

While I think there's ideallogical differences between the aisles, I think that for the good of the nation we need to come together to defeat the Wolf Party. To do so, is going to require cooperation between both Democrats and Republicans. I think we can accomplish this goal if we work together.

While my standard ideas on bipartisanship lie toward the idea that I am beholden only to my constituents and to the Democratic Party, I agree with you that defeating the Wolf Party must be our highest priority.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #192
KWhit
Coordinator

Whose name do we want to attach to the bill? Who will a popularity boost help the most?

My thinking is that a centrist leaning candidate who we will likely be nominating for the Presidency would be a good choice.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #193
KWhit
Coordinator

Am I right in my understanding that each party can propose a separate bill today?

And that it is possible for both of them to pass and to be turned into laws?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Whose name do we want to attach to the bill? Who will a popularity boost help the most?

My thinking is that a centrist leaning candidate who we will likely be nominating for the Presidency would be a good choice.

wrong thread?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #195
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That sounds like the easiest and most logical solution. Why would you want to check post counts in a thread you are not in, or even supposed to be in, anyway?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #196
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
wrong thread?

Nah. I'm transparent like that. We Democrats have nothing to hide.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #197
KWhit
Coordinator

Anybody have any thoughts on the wording of the BG bill? I'm thinking we can push the boundries a little bit. Like have it be a standard BG role, but the person has a 100% chance of identifying the attacker or something like that.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #198
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

if yalls do that, then supream court might strike it down....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #199
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

since we need a speaker to call for a vote and to sign bills today I guess I'll start...

Vote Chubby Speaker

As stated earlier, our country's most clear and present danger is the Wolf Party. We as a nation should come together and do everything in our power to make sure the Wolf Party is eliminated once and for all
Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #200
Tyrith
College Starter

Feel free to push the boundaries -- a little bit. We can't afford to have our D1 important role bills declared unconstitutional though, as that is going to set us back a long way when we have to pass mostly identical laws again tomorrow.