Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #251
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I think this is my 3rd or 4th game now. I guess I'll get it out of my system soon enough, but I do hate voting when I have zero info. The thing I've learned over those games is that no matter what you say, people find a way to spin it where you're being suspiscious. PB asked me my reasoning, so I gave it. If he ends up a villager, I feel bad about it.

The way he's reacted to being the lead vote getter reinforces my doubts about voting for him honestly.

It never really goes away. I have been playing for a couple years now, and I hate Day 1 votes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #252
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Be back Abe?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #253
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Chief, I haven't seen anything in the PB/Abe posts that has convinced me that there is a need for bringing in a third candidate. Obviously this will sound really dumb at some point if it turns out that they are both villagers. But for now I'm only considering moving my vote from Abe to PB rather than to "Candidate X".

I would never define a third candidate as a "need" on Day One, certainly. We don't know enough, so I don't think you're wrong to stick it out with the first two candidates. I'll probably end up doing the same.

I'm just noting, perhaps in a food for thought way, that it's interesting and potentially telling that the two of them are not taking opposite sides but actually working together to get a third candidate in the mix.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #254
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
J23 can attest to the fact that I would in fact sacrifice a wolf if it would buy me (or any wolf) trust so this is a mistake, honestly.

PB did sacrifice me my first game as a wolf to gain trust w/ AlanT, though the circumstances were a bit different. I can rehash it if you like, but I'm not sure if that's considered metagaming, and frowned upon or not.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #255
MartinD
High School Varsity

Sorry PB - have had a think about this, and am not going to change my vote. I hate to vote with nothing to back it up, but that's what Day 1 forces you to do, and you came up unlucky this time from my point of view.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #256
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Plenty of time till deadline, so...

Unvote Kwhit
Vote Abe

Let's see who flinches.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #257
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
PB did sacrifice me my first game as a wolf to gain trust w/ AlanT, though the circumstances were a bit different. I can rehash it if you like, but I'm not sure if that's considered metagaming, and frowned upon or not.

Voting another player because he jerkily screwed you over in another game. Naw, that happens all the time.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #258
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hehe, I don't think that is why he voted for me, my point in bringing it up is that I would gladly sacrifice Abe D1 if we were both wolves or sacrifice myself for his sake.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #259
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, we can't have a tie. But I'm not sure I will be around when deadline hits to be sure that doesn't happen. I technically should be on the road already.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #260
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well, PB did win it for our side that game, with it being like 4 or 5-1 against him at one point or I'd probably have held a bit of a grudge over it.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #261
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, we can't have a tie. But I'm not sure I will be around when deadline hits to be sure that doesn't happen. I technically should be on the road already.

There's enough people watching this thread right now to where it there's no way a tie should happen.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #262
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Catching up. I'm having trouble in IE getting stuff to show up. I just keep on hitting refresh and eventually I can see the board.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that votes moved off me but I'm inclined to leave my vote on ntndeacon unless there's a tie. I'll switch my vote before the deadline so there isn't one if need be.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #263
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Just over an hour and still left hoping to see some movement. I probably have more posts this game already then all of last!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #264
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. I'm on my laptop and need to restart. Updates took effect so I'll be back in a couple minutes.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #265
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Catching up. I'm having trouble in IE getting stuff to show up. I just keep on hitting refresh and eventually I can see the board.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that votes moved off me but I'm inclined to leave my vote on ntndeacon unless there's a tie. I'll switch my vote before the deadline so there isn't one if need be.

There a reason why you would want to avoid having a vote that matters?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #266
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I was about to ask the same thing CR.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #267
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have to go. I am sticking with Abe. Not sure it's the right move, but I don't see a compelling reason to switch, not on Day One.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #268
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CR, I'm sorry to hear that but I understand. I know that we're both arguing from underneath a landslide.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #269
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
There a reason why you would want to avoid having a vote that matters?

Ah...how much I forget in the game. Actually no reason whatsoever other than I feel badly for the two that our votes are on. Need to look more closely in the thread to see if I see something, but upon a cursory purusal, I don't see anything that jumps out.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #270
KWhit
Coordinator

PB,

Why are you so adamant about not voting for Abe? Frankly that just doesn't make sense to me unless you're both wolves (which I don't believe).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #271
KWhit
Coordinator

Anybody have a vote count?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #272
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2 way tie at 6 between PB and Abe. Danny's got 3, I think.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #273
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

KWhit, I *believe* I've picked up on something from the thread that I feel is worth at least giving him a day or two. Yeah, I'm putting myself out there but its enough that I believe it.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #274
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Abe, if you don't like Danny, let me know another place you would prefer.

From my pov, he rarely votes me day 1 because he assumes I have a role or am a wolf, so he usually waits to find out a day or so. His vote just seemed weird because of that.

I don't like to vote you day 1, but I wasn't going to spread the vote out further. The reason you over Raiders Army and Abe was pretty simple, Raiders hasn't played in a long while, in fact I am not sure I have ever seen him in a game I played. For Abe, everytime he has had the kind of emotional outburst he kind of had this game, he has been a good guy. That said, my vote is not stuck on you by any means.

I will say this now even before a potential last hour run on me, I have no role, so if it ends up choosing between me and a revealed seer/etc.. feel free to go for me.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, I'm not sure that I've seen the same kind of "emotional outburst" from Abe that I've characterized with his villager play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #276
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Seconded there.

Reading through stuff right now....

Do you guys want to move the deadline to Monday night? Let me know soon, because I have some work to do. Lots of PMs to look through, and other game stuff.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #277
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. I read the thread more closely and it is strange that both Abe and PB aren't voting for each other. Actually, I'm more inclined to go contrary to the runs on Abe and PB and vote for Danny...but he's a fellow Raider Nation member.

Ahh...what to do, what to do.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #278
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Schmidty, I honestly think you have to stick to this deadline. And it wasn't a complaint about your game, Friday starts are tough, especially that evening.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #279
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, this one at this point needs to be firm.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #280
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Danny, I'm not sure that I've seen the same kind of "emotional outburst" from Abe that I've characterized with his villager play.

Hmmm, maybe not, It's tough because I think I have only been against him as a wolf once or maybe twice at the most.

What about his play do you see as different than his villager self?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #281
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Reading through stuff right now....

Do you guys want to move the deadline to Monday night? Let me know soon, because I have some work to do. Lots of PMs to look through, and other game stuff.

I think we have to keep it, people have played as if the deadline was tonight.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #282
KWhit
Coordinator

The Abe - PB thing is just not making sense to me. I don't get it, but I don't see a reason why we should go to Danny (or anyone else at this point).

Vote PurdueBrad
Old 10-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #283
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, other than the fact that my Boilers are playing your Illini this weekend, you said you may be more likely to vote me over Abe. Reason?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #284
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm off to watch a movie with the wife. I will probably not be back until after deadline.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #285
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This is getting exceedingly disappointing.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #286
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
The Abe - PB thing is just not making sense to me. I don't get it, but I don't see a reason why we should go to Danny (or anyone else at this point).

Vote PurdueBrad

Good point. I still haven't seen where PB has explained why he isn't voting for Abe right now and he's had the opportunity. Abe isn't in the thread so for now I'll give him the bye.

UNVOTE NTNDEACON
VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #287
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, I said that if I'm switching my vote off of Abe it would be going to you rather than a 3rd party candidate that is the by-product of you+Abe agreeing in the thread to look for alternate candidates.

As far as what is "different" about Abe this game, I don't have any real strong feel for it so far. I put my initial vote on him because my sense (not particularly strongly backed by the '3 games over 3 months' sample set provided by Abe) is that he is a player who does not often catch much scrutiny from voters over the course of a game. I have a lot more thoughts on this phenomenno, but not a ton of time to post them at the moment. I'll expand on it over the weekend if people are legitimately interested.

Since putting that vote in I saw multiple people follow with votes on Abe. I'm sure he isn't thrilled about this, as either a villager or a wolf. Day 1 logic is almost always garbage because so little of it is predicated by the posts in the current thread.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #288
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

(waves smoke from in front of his face)
I have like no choice man. Scooby Doo, where are you? Scoobs? Scoobs? It's Freddy and I sure as @$@& could use your help, or at least some Scooby Snacks.

Hopefully you guys will listen to me now.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #289
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm hopeful that if Abe does survive the lynch today that he receives attention from the seer sooner rather than later. I would feel the same, to a slightly lesser degree, about PB. Up to this point I have not felt (vote review could help with this) that there has been much of a surge to "save" him.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #290
Danny
Head Coach

36 minutes left, I am going to go with the reveal of PB

Unvote PurdueBrad
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #291
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
(waves smoke from in front of his face)
I have like no choice man. Scooby Doo, where are you? Scoobs? Scoobs? It's Freddy and I sure as @$@& could use your help, or at least some Scooby Snacks.

Hopefully you guys will listen to me now.

Sorry, but you sounded more like Shaggy in your first sentence as well as waving the (pot?) smoke from your face.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #292
Danny
Head Coach

The only alternative aside from lynching myself is Abe, so I will go there.

Vote Abe Sargent
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #293
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
36 minutes left, I am going to go with the reveal of PB

Unvote PurdueBrad

What's that mean?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #294
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My clues, which I sure as crap didn't think I would need today, are here:

post 142
post 205

Compare my language to this page: Shaggy Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

See characteristic dialogue
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #296
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The only alternative aside from lynching myself is Abe, so I will go there.

Vote Abe Sargent

Danny, give me another place to go if you trust my reveal then Abe or you.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #297
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and I figured out what was wrong with showing the FOFC boards. My internet address from my favorites was just going to Front Office Football Central - Powered by vBulletin
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #298
Danny
Head Coach

Wait, so are you Freddy or Shaggy? You seem to be claiming both.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yummy roast beef from Jimmy John's. Okay, let's see whaere we are.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #300
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, true mistype, Shaggy. See, I should be high.