Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #101
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, usually I'm the first person here, and even this time on Monday I figured it would still be quiet. You guys are ready to rock! I guess CW was right to hold you at bay and then let the dogs out.

Lots of vote for time periods, and just a little discussion. I hope we don't let the wolves hide behind time travel chit chat this game. I imagine that each period is fairly balanced - the trick is that if we know where we're going tomorrow people can plan, either the wolves or the villager roles. That can help or hurt us.

Sounds like there were more roles added since last time I read, so I'm going to go check that out.

TIME INDUSTRIAL
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #102
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, so I would guess that the bad guys have to take turns taking night actions, so that, for example the cyber lord can't convert someone every night. Either that or the conversion is a one time ability. And who knows what the Master can do. Perhaps hunt for the doctor.

The doctor can regenerate, which is a huge boon for the village, so I'd expect the wolf powers to be powerful.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

TIME INDUSTRIAL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

D1 vote...hmm.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #105
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Just looking through it seems that the ability to convert is a huge bonus to the baddies. With a cunning thrown into the mix then we need whoever has a seer role to be hitting wolves - "clearing" villagers isn't all that useful.

So if the seer could make sure that he only scans wolves that would be useful. Ta very much.

Though if the cunnings only work in those two time periods, and only one in each, that's less of a problem. Especially if we stay out of those time periods.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #106
J23
College Benchwarmer

Since there's little to no voting, I'll toss one out.

Vote CrimsonFox

Simply for not knowing who Macho Man was despite him standing next to Hulk Hogan.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #107
Autumn
Head Coach

CoffeeWarlord, just to be clarify - we're allowed to vote for the period we're already in, correct, and therefore not travel? And we're not required to travel to all the periods?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #108
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking back over the last couple games, bhlloy has made it to the end both times I think. He doesn't catch a lot of early votes unlike some people, so he's a good enough pick for day one.

VOTE BHLLOY
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #109
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
CoffeeWarlord, just to be clarify - we're allowed to vote for the period we're already in, correct, and therefore not travel? And we're not required to travel to all the periods?
Good question Autumn. I reread and saw nothing to say you have to vote a different time period each day. So... unless something absolutely dangerous comes up, we could just stick to the Industrial period.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #110
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yes, you may vote to stay right where you are.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #111
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As you stumble your way around the 1980's, urgently trying to find the source of the alien menace threatening Earth, you encounter a helpful soul, ready to aid you on your quest.

Unfortunately, his skin changing powers are immediately taken for an alien infiltrator, and is killed by the masses.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #112
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Votes as of Michael Jackson's demise:

1: Tyketime
1: bhlloy
1: CrimsonFox
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #113
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Looking back over the last couple games, bhlloy has made it to the end both times I think. He doesn't catch a lot of early votes unlike some people, so he's a good enough pick for day one.

VOTE BHLLOY

To be fair in those two games I revealed as the seer and the BG respectively, so not a big surprise that I made it to the end

I'll put another name out there because it's Day 1 and he's had a couple posts already that have piqued my interest

Vote EF
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #114
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thank you. I was re-reading the rules a few times thinking it would be in there. Completely missed the startup post.

I kind of like the 80's, can't we just stay there? I was young back then.

I don't think this is as straight forward as people believe for the time period. Asking myself if I were GM: the way that I would try to get the group to chose a time period that could yield the most interesting results; I would do just as CW has, provided one that appears to be the clearest time period to choose.

actually there are two that look as if there is no bad mojo for the village, but we all kinda followed JAG. I think part of that is that no one wants to give up too much info to the other side about where they would like to be.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #115
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
As you stumble your way around the 1980's, urgently trying to find the source of the alien menace threatening Earth, you encounter a helpful soul, ready to aid you on your quest.

Unfortunately, his skin changing powers are immediately taken for an alien infiltrator, and is killed by the masses.

I learned more about this earth representative via an interesting video tool - "Pop-Up Video"
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #116
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Though if the cunnings only work in those two time periods, and only one in each, that's less of a problem. Especially if we stay out of those time periods.

Actually, the head bad guy is a full time cunning, it's the other two listed that are cunning only in specific eras.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #117
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I laughed.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #118
thejuggler3
Mascot

Just checking in and reading up. Have to catch up after some meetings.

TIME INDUSTRIAL
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #119
Zinto
College Starter

Well it looks like we have come to a consensus on the time period.

Time Industrial
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #120
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Clarification on time travel and actions.

Time travel occurs LAST in the order of events during the night. So if your powers are era-specific, right now, and for night 1, it'd be the Modern Era people that may use their abilities. The move to the (currently likely) Industrial Era would occur after all other night actions process, and Day 2 would begin in the Industrial.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #121
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
To be fair in those two games I revealed as the seer and the BG respectively, so not a big surprise that I made it to the end

Well, revealing as the seer and making it to the end is actually a big surprise. But I just meant, you've had your fun. I usually pick day one votes by people who have played recently and made it to the end. It assuages my guilt.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #122
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote NTNDeacon

Don't think I've ever seen him post so much on day one. Not saying much but meh. Not going to be around much until oh like 4pm EST - then I won't be around at all.

I don't think revealing when our powers are active will be such a great idea - I guess it will tell the wolves who to kill as the chances are that they know which time era we're going to be entering. Can't really see the benefit of it either - I'm open to listening to what they might be though.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #123
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think revealing when our powers are active will be such a great idea - I guess it will tell the wolves who to kill as the chances are that they know which time era we're going to be entering. Can't really see the benefit of it either - I'm open to listening to what they might be though.

I agree this would be a terrible idea. Did someone suggest it and I just missed it?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #124
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

DT asked if we should reveal that info, I don't think you can say he suggested that we do so.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #125
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Vote NTNDeacon

Don't think I've ever seen him post so much on day one. Not saying much but meh.

I had to chuckle a bit at this. Probably no one gets more D1 votes for being quiet and here he is getting a vote for posting too much. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #126
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clarification on time travel and actions.

Time travel occurs LAST in the order of events during the night. So if your powers are era-specific, right now, and for night 1, it'd be the Modern Era people that may use their abilities. The move to the (currently likely) Industrial Era would occur after all other night actions process, and Day 2 would begin in the Industrial.

Thanks for that CW, I was actually assuming it happened first since the deadline was before night deadline. In that case I hope we have some good modern powers to make up for being in an era when what's probably the second most dangerous wolf scans as villager.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #127
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Mauboy

Clearly we need yet another one out there. All joking aside, this will change eventually once we have 2 or 3 nominnees for eviction from the time line.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
DT asked if we should reveal that info, I don't think you can say he suggested that we do so.

Definitely wasn't meaning to suggest it, was more of a question of wondering what other people's thoughts on it were.

Also was fishing to see if maybe the bad guys didn't have eras assigned and would go "what?!?!" and give us an easy one to pick off...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #129
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

We clearly need to condense the vote.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with Dubb. I'll take the dreaded second voter plunge

Vote Bholley

No great reason except I think his grace period should be over by now
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #131
Autumn
Head Coach

For some reason I want to yell "Dubbbbbb" like they yelled "Norm" in Cheers.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #132
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As of #131, and a Norm sighting...

2: bhlloy
1: Tyketime
1: CrimsonFox
1: EagleFan
1: ntndeacon
1: mayboy

Not Voted:
Chief Rum, JAG, Zinto, CrimsonFox, mauboy, Danny, EagleFan, dwardzala, DaddyTorgo, Darth Vilus, Dubb/Norm, tyketime, thejuggler3, saldana

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-04-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #133
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well someone pour me a beer then.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #134
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

you know....beer was invented by the egyptians. Yea the needed a way to drown the cats the pharoahs would take with them in the afterlife. And since cats hate water they needed a substitute.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #135
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Actually, the head bad guy is a full time cunning, it's the other two listed that are cunning only in specific eras.

Oh my bad. Wow so a full-time cunning, a possible convert (or more) and two part-time cunnings. The doctor better be kick-ass.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #136
Autumn
Head Coach

I think NTN has been replaced by a more talkative version. He must be a cyberman.

You're telling me beer was invented solely for the purpose of drowning cats?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #137
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
you know....beer was invented by the egyptians. Yea the needed a way to drown the cats the pharoahs would take with them in the afterlife. And since cats hate water they needed a substitute.

Okay Cliff...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #138
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Definitely wasn't meaning to suggest it, was more of a question of wondering what other people's thoughts on it were.

You had me raising my eyebrow, DT. I think revealing eras of roles is a really bad idea. Lets wolves basically go, "Okay, we're heading to the Ancient era. There are three people with powers there. Let's kill XYZ and get rid of one of 'em."
Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #139
thejuggler3
Mascot

And I am shocked and disappointed that we are in the 80's, and Coffee has not yet taken this opportunity to post EVEN ONE picture from the Last Dragon.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #140
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Shogun of Harlem believes he was called.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #141
thejuggler3
Mascot

My day is complete.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #142
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Are you guys talking about the same picture I'm talking about? THose guys in the upper right next to Ferris Bueller. You're saying that's savage and HOgan? Looks more like Run DMC to me, but not really. Definite looks african american. Unless there was a different picture posted that i missed.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #143
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I love that Movie!!!!

WHO'S THE MASTA!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #144
thejuggler3
Mascot

Shonuf!

Well done. I want to Anti-vote DV for his refined movie tastes.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #145
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So many candidates to choose from, let's see here. I'll be out for the rest of the day when I leave, I'm working again. Yep, lucky me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #146
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I love that Movie!!!!

WHO'S THE MASTA!!!!!!

I wish someone would answer that in the affirmative.. it would make our lives a little easier!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #147
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
Shonuf!

Well done. I want to Anti-vote DV for his refined movie tastes.

I concur

"Kiss my Converse"

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #148
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Are you guys talking about the same picture I'm talking about? THose guys in the upper right next to Ferris Bueller. You're saying that's savage and HOgan? Looks more like Run DMC to me, but not really. Definite looks african american. Unless there was a different picture posted that i missed.

Fake tan + polaroid camera in bad lightning led to some crappy pictures.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #149
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

What do ya mean NTN?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #150
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

time industrial
vote ntndeacon

Villager finally checking in too. Voting for ntn because he voted for me that jerk.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote